What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Mock Draft (2 Viewers)

Round 1​

1) Chicago Bears (from Carolina) - QB. Caleb Williams, USC
2) Washington Commanders - QB Drake Maye, UNC
3) New England Patriots - QB Jayden Daniels, LSU
4) Arizona Cardinals - Marvin Harrison WR Ohio State
5) Minnesota Vikings (via Los Angeles Chargers) - JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan
6) New York Giants - WR. Malik Nabers, LSU
7) Tennessee Titans - LT. Joe Alt, ND
8) Atlanta Falcons - Cooper DeJean, CB Iowa
9) Los Angeles Chargers (via Chicago Bears) - WR Rome Odunze
10) Las Vegas Raiders (via New York Jets) - Taliese Fuaga, OT - Oregon State
11) Los Angeles Chargers (via Minnesota Vikings) - TE Brock Bowers
12) Denver Broncos - QB, Bo Nix
13) New York Jets (via Las Vegas Raiders) - QB: Michael Penix Jr. Washington
14) New Orleans Saints - Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
15) Indianapolis Colts - Dallas Turner, OLB/EDGE, Alabama
16) Seattle Seahawks - DE Jared Verse, FSU
17) Jacksonville Jaguars - CB Quinyon Mitchell Toledo
18) Cincinnati Bengals - Jer'Zhan Newton - DT - ILLINOIS
19) Chicago Bears (via Los Angeles Rams) - DT Byron Murphy II, Texas
20) Pittsburgh Steelers - RT - JC Latham, Alabama
21) Arizona Cardinals (via Miami Dolphins) - Troy Fautanu OL Washington
22) Philadelphia Eagles - Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama
23) Los Angeles Rams (via Chicago Bears (via Los Angeles Chargers (via Minnesota Vikings (from Cleveland through Houston)))) - Laiatu Latu DE, UCLA
24) Dallas Cowboys - Jackson Powers Johnson, C, Oregon
25) Green Bay Packers - OT - Amarius Mims
26) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State
27) Kansas City Chiefs (via Arizona Cardinals (from Houston)) - Brian Thomas Jr, WR LSU
28) Buffalo Bills - Adonai Mitchell, WR Texas
29) Detroit Lions - Kool Aid Mckinstry CB, Alabama
30) Baltimore Ravens - Tyler Guyton OT Oklahoma
31) San Francisco 49ers - Nate Wiggins CB Clemson
32) Arizona Cardinals (via Kansas City Chiefs) - Ladd McConkey WR Georgia
Well I guess the Falcons drafter here did an equally good job as the Falcons did in real life.

Edge, CB, WR, DT and Safety seem like the biggest needs for the Falcons, I woulda thought with Cousins arriving that they would want to make sure their OL is tops
Apparently that's not an issue for Atlanta, doesn't come up as a need anywhere.
I'm not sure what folks see in the top Edge rushers that are projected in this draft, but I'm gonna pass.
There are 2 primary DL/DT that IMHO are better prospects than the Edge rushers.

The Falcons have some holes in their Secondary and you could argue for both CB and Safety
1.08 Atlanta Falcons select Cooper DeJean, CB Iowa

Dejean is a Top 10 prospect on many sites, he sits at No 8 overall on PPF's Big Board Top 300
I feel Cooper, both DTs and Quinyon Mitchell should all go before any of the Edge guys are taken, I might even argue for Wiggins and Arnold at DB.
DeJean can play both CB or Safety, both needs for Atlanta. He has terrific size 6-1/205 and in 2022, Copper had three pick-sixes
I know some will say I should have tried harder to trade down but I feel DeJean will go a lot higher than some seem to project currently.
Anyone that watched Iowa football in the Big10 knows this kid was special and part of an outstanding college defense that held opponents to low scores.
If Iowa had any Offense they would have competed more with the likes of Michigan. I'm sure Jim Harbaugh has this kid on a short list. of players he wants.

Would have been disappointed to trade back and miss out on him
-We said the Falcons were not going to be conventional and passed on Dallas Turner/Edge just as they did last night
We just didn't see them taking a QB after they signed Kirk Cousins a couple months ago

2.62: ADISSA ISAAC, EDGE, PENN STATE

I don't want to give away too much about Uruk-Hai's future strategy, but let's just say that what he asked for at this spot was pretty challenging to get. Isaac is probably the only premium pass rusher left and still has room to develop. Some sources say he is decent against the run, others are less sanguine. It's also challenging because they have a rookie DC and it is hard to know for sure what he will do. Either way, Isaac should be a solid piece to deploy and hopefully wreak havoc.
:goodposting:

2.62: ADISSA ISAAC, EDGE, PENN STATE

I don't want to give away too much about Uruk-Hai's future strategy, but let's just say that what he asked for at this spot was pretty challenging to get. Isaac is probably the only premium pass rusher left and still has room to develop. Some sources say he is decent against the run, others are less sanguine. It's also challenging because they have a rookie DC and it is hard to know for sure what he will do. Either way, Isaac should be a solid piece to deploy and hopefully wreak havoc.
:goodposting:

Only off by a round. Well done!

DeJean was a guy I was gonna try and trade up for. He's the best defensive player in the draft in my opinion, though one thing I'll freely admit is being a Big Ten guy.
That makes 2 of us
:thumbup:
Wild he didn't even go round 1.
Steal of the draft
damn. Thoughts on Philly getting Dejean at 40?
Value wise, its a top-5 pick in the draft. I had DeJean as the best defensive player in the draft. I think he legit has zero holes. I think he's Devin McCourty, and can play CB, slot, or S all at high levels. Even can return kicks.

For the record, my top-5 values so far are:

5. Blake Corum. I think he could absolutely take Kyren Williams starting job, despite Williams effectiveness in 2023.
4. Cooper DeJean
3. Roman Wilson, quality #2 WR in the mid 3rd. I think he's on the Randall Cobb/Golden Tate spectrum. Solid 1-1 replacement for Diontae.
2. Adisa Isaac, of course he fell to the Ravens. As an avid Big Ten watcher, I think he's better than Chop right now, just less athletic, so maybe less ceiling.
1. Payton Wilson, BY FAR the best LB in the draft. Injuries were an issue, but he's been mostly healthy the last 2 years. Really loved that Steelers draft.

My 5 worst picks so far:

5. Patrick Paul, just don't see him being good enough to stay at T. Maybe he can make a Hunt-like move to G, but Hunt was better talent.
4. Michael Hall, I know people like him, but I think he's undersized, and more of a rotational player.
3. Ben Sinnott, just not a big fan of his. I think he's a decent TE, but he went 50 picks early.
2. Maason Smith, underachieved a lot on tape. Not sure he's a full time player.
1. T'Vondre Sweat, I think he has major character issues, and weight issues, and I don't think he's some elite talent. He got drafted higher than he should, if he were a model citizen.

Value wise, its a top-5 pick in the draft. I had DeJean as the best defensive player in the draft. I think he legit has zero holes. I think he's Devin McCourty, and can play CB, slot, or S all at high levels. Even can return kicks.

5. Blake Corum. I think he could absolutely take Kyren Williams starting job, despite Williams effectiveness in 2023.
4. Cooper DeJean
3. Roman Wilson, quality #2 WR in the mid 3rd. I think he's on the Randall Cobb/Golden Tate spectrum. Solid 1-1 replacement for Diontae.
2. Adisa Isaac, of course he fell to the Ravens. As an avid Big Ten watcher, I think he's better than Chop right now, just less athletic, so maybe less ceiling.
1. Payton Wilson, BY FAR the best LB in the draft. Injuries were an issue, but he's been mostly healthy the last 2 years. Really loved that Steelers draft.

My 5 worst picks so far:

5. Patrick Paul, just don't see him being good enough to stay at T. Maybe he can make a Hunt-like move to G, but Hunt was better talent.
4. Michael Hall, I know people like him, but I think he's undersized, and more of a rotational player.
3. Ben Sinnott, just not a big fan of his. I think he's a decent TE, but he went 50 picks early.
1. T'Vondre Sweat, I think he has major character issues, and weight issues, and I don't think he's some elite talent. He got drafted higher than he should, if he were a model citizen.
Just to nit pick (and I think yo do incredible work around here with your draft stuff).

Your top -5 Values are:
5. Blake Corum. Went 83, You had him going 77. - Doesn't seem like that big of a steal, only 6 spots higher.
4. Cooper DeJean. Went 40, You had him going 26.- You originally said whoever gets him will be the "steal of the draft" He was your favourite defensive player in the entire draft, but only thought he'd go 26th... just didn't think other teams were going to be as high on him as you did? Would you have taken him top 15-20?
3. Roman Wilson. Went 84, You had him going 54.- This seams like a huge drop from where you had him going.
2. Adisa Isaac. Went 93, You had him going 100.- He actually went LATER than you mocked him, as said he 'tops out as a mediocre starter'. What changed?
1. Payton Wilson. Went 98, You had him going 43. I was quite surprised he dropped this far... 55 whole picks below where you had him going. Was it just the injury stuff?

Your worst 5 picks are:
5. Patrick Paul. You had him going 60, he went 55. Doesn't seem THAT overdrafted.
4. Michael Hall. You had him going 69, he went 54. Seems like a pretty big reach.
3. Ben Sinnott. You didn't have him going top 3 rounds at all, and he went 53. Seems like a huge reach based on your mock. I don't know much about him, but it seems this pick is getting a lot of praise. Kiper has Sinnott as one of the best values in the whole draft. Will be interesting to see how he does.
2. Maason Smith. You had him going 75, he went 48. Pretty big reach here.
1. T'Vondre Sweat. You had him going 41 and he went 38. Doesn't seem like a huge reach here based on your mock, or did you hate him but knew he might go higher than he 'should'? This seems to be a consensus really really bad pick from almost all writers.

Excited to see your Day 3 breakdowns of value/reaches. Who are your top 10 players left on your board?

I believe drafting Dejean and Jenkins at 8 and 43 was a much better plan for Atlanta vs what they did going QB and then reaching for a 3rd round grade DT vs Kris Jenkins who they could have selected. Dejean ends up going to Philly at #40 last night, major steal and not sure what other teams were thinking when they passed on Cooper.

I like Penix but not in Atlanta fresh off a Kirk Cousins investment of around $100M w/$50M signing bonus, that money went directly into Kirk Cousins' bank account
At the end of Kirk's deal with Atlanta, he will have made a total of $411 Million over his career

4. Cooper DeJean

My 5 worst picks so far:

Just to nit pick (and I think yo do incredible work around here with your draft stuff).

Your top -5 Values are:
5. Blake Corum. Went 83, You had him going 77. - Doesn't seem like that big of a steal, only 6 spots higher.
4. Cooper DeJean. Went 40, You had him going 26.- You originally said whoever gets him will be the "steal of the draft" He was your favourite defensive player in the entire draft, but only thought he'd go 26th... just didn't think other teams were going to be as high on him as you did? Would you have taken him top 15-20?
3. Roman Wilson. Went 84, You had him going 54.- This seams like a huge drop from where you had him going.
2. Adisa Isaac. Went 93, You had him going 100.- He actually went LATER than you mocked him, as said he 'tops out as a mediocre starter'. What changed?
1. Payton Wilson. Went 98, You had him going 43. I was quite surprised he dropped this far... 55 whole picks below where you had him going. Was it just the injury stuff?

Your worst 5 picks are:
5. Patrick Paul. You had him going 60, he went 55. Doesn't seem THAT overdrafted.
4. Michael Hall. You had him going 69, he went 54. Seems like a pretty big reach.
3. Ben Sinnott. You didn't have him going top 3 rounds at all, and he went 53. Seems like a huge reach based on your mock. I don't know much about him, but it seems this pick is getting a lot of praise. Kiper has Sinnott as one of the best values in the whole draft. Will be interesting to see how he does.
2. Maason Smith. You had him going 75, he went 48. Pretty big reach here.
1. T'Vondre Sweat. You had him going 41 and he went 38. Doesn't seem like a huge reach here based on your mock, or did you hate him but knew he might go higher than he 'should'? This seems to be a consensus really really bad pick from almost all writers.

Excited to see your Day 3 breakdowns of value/reaches. Who are your top 10 players left on your board?
Corum going to a gap scheme offense with a creative playcaller like McVay is an almost perfect fit. I always liked Corum higher than I projected him, I just knew the over 4.5 40 would knock him down, but he's my 2nd favorite RB in the class, tied with Jaylen Wright who I think will be a nice value for someone as well.

Figured the injury and concern (wrongful concern in my opinion) about where to play would knock DeJean down, I thought it'd be 20's and not 40. I don't think he'd have been a reach in the top-10.

That was poor wording on my part on Isaac. I should have said solid starter, not mediocre. I was meaning to imply that he wasn't a high ceiling guy, and probably took the terminology too far.

I think the Payton Wilson stuff was 100% injury and age. On field I don't really think he has any weaknesses.

I think Paul will struggle with quickness of DEs. His size was always going to make him a round 2 guy, but I worry about him. I never liked him as high as I mocked him, and was just confident he'd go about where he did.

Figured some team would pull the trigger on Sweat highly due to his size, but after the DUI I personally soured on him a lot, especially as more came out about his character, like the DUI wasn't really a surprise or a one off.

As for top-10 guys left:

I really like the Oregon guys. Franklin is obvious, but Dorlus, Irving, and Khyree Jackson are all solid contributor types to me.

Jaylen Wright is a guy I like. I don't see why Trey Benson is better than him, but I expected Benson to go higher because of Tennessee's weird offense. Feel like the same thing happened with Hyatt/Tillman last year too.

Jaden Hicks is a Safety that probably doesn't fit every defense but could be an immediate contributor for teams that want physicality from the Safety position. He's a throwback at 6-2 212. Could see Mike Macdonald liking him at the top of round 4.

TJ Tampa not going has been a surprise, though CBs have been undervalued throughout I think. Mel Kiper had been bringing Tampa since like mid round 2. He's not the fastest guy in the world, but has good size 6-1 190, and I thought that would appeal to more teams. I could see any of the Patriots, Chargers, Vikings being in on him.

Ja'Tavion Sanders is one of my favorite TEs over the last 5 classes, and I have no clue why he didn't go in round 2. Big time receiving ability who just turned 21. One of only 7 TEs in the last 5 years to have back-to-back 600+ yard seasons, and he did it at 19-20, sharing the work with Worthy/Mitchell, he may have been a 1,000 yard guy if he were the clear #1. The other 6 TE's were Bowers, LaPorta, Mayer, Likely, Pitts, and Cole Turner.

Lastly, while I'm not sure either are future starters, I think Spencer Rattler and Michael Pratt represent the last of the QBs who I am confident are at least NFL caliber guys. Pratt gives me a bit of a Minshew vibe, as a guy who can spark an offense and keep it afloat, but not someone who you'd feel good about as your starter. Rattler feels like a solid pocket passer with little mobility who probably would have been a better prospect 20 years ago. I think he's your high-end career backup, that maybe gets a couple teams to talk themselves into more than that. Somewhere on the Matt Cassel/Ryan Fitzpatrick spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread