What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

3.90 -Kansas City picks Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame

The talk and athletic press man corner should fit nicely into Spags aggressive scheme. TB sniped us on Jackson but Hart is a similar player in this fairly deep cb class.
I am hoping he somehow finds his way to then Steelers. Seems to be moving up the board though.

Stoked to see this dude available after 20+ WRs have already come off the board.

With the 94th pick of the 2024 NFL Draft, the Las Vegas Raiders select:

3.94 - Brenden Rice, WR, USC

- Made Bruce Feldman's Freaks List at #53. He said, "...the biggest Freak of the bunch is the one with the heftiest football bloodlines, Brenden Rice, son of the greatest receiver ever, Jerry Rice. The younger Rice, who had 39 catches for 611 yards (15.7-yard average) and four touchdowns in 2022, is 6-3, 215 pounds and hit 23 MPH on the GPS and had an impressive 1.43 10-yard split. This offseason, Rice also vertical-jumped 38 inches, did 17 reps of 225 on the bench and squatted 525 for three reps."

- Utilizes his outstanding length and "alpha dog" mentality on 50/50 balls, and displays an expansive catch radius.

- Despite his tall frame, showcases rare suddenness and burst off the LOS, presenting challenges for DBs during route transitions.
Flaunts high-caliber boundary awareness and body control; often seen toe-tapping or making leaping grabs near the sidelines.

- A natural hands catcher, he consistently high-points the ball, diminishing a defender's chance to break up the play in tight windows.

- While not just a vertical threat due to his impressive top-end speed, he's a YAC monster, showing elusiveness post-catch in open fields.
Brings versatility to special teams; his kick and punt return prowess at Colorado underscores his multidimensional skill set.

- A proven clutch player with big-game DNA; consistently elevates his play in high-stakes situations like Tulane and Oregon outings.

Stoked to see this dude available after 20+ WRs have already come off the board.

With the 94th pick of the 2024 NFL Draft, the Las Vegas Raiders select:

3.94 - Brenden Rice, WR, USC

- Made Bruce Feldman's Freaks List at #53. He said, "...the biggest Freak of the bunch is the one with the heftiest football bloodlines, Brenden Rice, son of the greatest receiver ever, Jerry Rice. The younger Rice, who had 39 catches for 611 yards (15.7-yard average) and four touchdowns in 2022, is 6-3, 215 pounds and hit 23 MPH on the GPS and had an impressive 1.43 10-yard split. This offseason, Rice also vertical-jumped 38 inches, did 17 reps of 225 on the bench and squatted 525 for three reps."

- Utilizes his outstanding length and "alpha dog" mentality on 50/50 balls, and displays an expansive catch radius.

- Despite his tall frame, showcases rare suddenness and burst off the LOS, presenting challenges for DBs during route transitions.
Flaunts high-caliber boundary awareness and body control; often seen toe-tapping or making leaping grabs near the sidelines.

- A natural hands catcher, he consistently high-points the ball, diminishing a defender's chance to break up the play in tight windows.

- While not just a vertical threat due to his impressive top-end speed, he's a YAC monster, showing elusiveness post-catch in open fields.
Brings versatility to special teams; his kick and punt return prowess at Colorado underscores his multidimensional skill set.

- A proven clutch player with big-game DNA; consistently elevates his play in high-stakes situations like Tulane and Oregon outings.
And he gets to follow his dad’s legendary career with the raiders.

3.95 last pick before the comp picks, KC takes Jamari Thrash, WR, Louisville.

Known for good hands and quick cutting, Thrash will provide some depth in KC, which may come in handy if Rashee Rice faces a lengthy suspension to start the year for his car crash issue that is very unknown at this point.

3.95 last pick before the comp picks, KC takes Jamari Thrash, WR, Louisville.

Known for good hands and quick cutting, Thrash will provide some depth in KC, which may come in handy if Rashee Rice faces a lengthy suspension to start the year for his car crash issue that is very unknown at this point.
Son of James Thrash

(Not really)

With the 96th pick the Jacksonville Jaguars select:

WR Jermaine Burton Alabama

Elite quickness to win against press and off coverage at the next level as a flanker or slot.

Ladies and Gentleman to announce the 97th pick for the Cincinnati Bengals we have a special guest. Bengals legend and future Ring Of Honor member, #97 Geno Atkins!

"WHO DEY!!!!! With the 97th pick of the 2024 FBG Mock Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select...oh I like this:

3.97 DT Leonard Taylor III, University of Miami

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEY!
"

-QG

There was a good deal of debate in the Bengals war room about whether to double up on DT, particularly getting a true NT with that 2nd pick. It's not quite clear if Taylor will be able to project to be an NT in the pros but he did play the position at Miami and with BJ Hill taking over for the departed DJ Reader, Taylor will have a chance to learn at the pro level while rotating in to join Newton and Rankins to hopefully reinvigorate a struggling interior pass rush. There are some concerns in terms of character and lack of work ethic but a strong culture should be a big help in that regard and the potential is there for this pick to turn out like Atkins and be a massive mid-round home run. The upside is there.

@steelcityman is up and as pretty much always happens in these situations is bound to scoop up the other player the Bengals were considering at this pick.

-QG

Not critiquing anyone's picks in particular, but man I'm a lot higher on Jermaine Burton than the rest of you. He's a top-10 WR in this class in my opinion.

ETA: Which isn't a knock, it'd be pretty boring if everyone's boards were the same.
I also like Burton a lot, at least at third round value. He was 2nd on my WR draft list when I was OTC at 73, behind only Javon Baker, and would've been the pick at 83 (which I traded down to) if Baker wasn't there. I was debating whether to triple up on WR for the Bears if Burton fell to 99.

Pick 98 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Hunter Nourzad - C - Penn St

Ending rd 3 and not having a center would be scary. But love getting this guy at this point. Powerful run blocker who can also take on inside pass rush he will see in the NFL. Was torn between Burton, Nourzad and another player, but cant risk missing out on one of the few centers, IMO, left in this draft, dont want another experiment of moving a G to C like a few years ago with Greene. He needs to be ready week 1, and can be, probably no competition. And now, the Steelers have one of the best OL in the league.

The 4 biggest needs have been addressed so far.

At pick 99, the Chicago Bears select Dominick Puni, OL, Kansas.

Puni was one of the best pass blockers in the country at LT for Kansas this year, and rates as a top 100 prospect most places I've checked. He moves well (often described as "nimble"), and is a good run blocker in space, which is a good fit if Waldron is going to be running a lot of wide zone. He has below average size & arm length, which means that his best fit is probably at guard (where he played in 2022).

The Bears have their 2024 starting OL pretty well set, with the remaining question of Shelton vs. Bates at center, so Puni will start his career as a backup. But outside of Bates & Shelton the Bears' OL depth is all competing to even make the roster, so as a rookie Puni could potentially be the next man up everywhere but center. And in 2025 it seems more likely than not that they'll be looking for a new starting guard to replace either Teven Jenkins (if he leaves in free agency) or Nate Davis (if he's a cap casualty). Having a year to get up to speed at the NFL level might do Puni some good; he did much better in his second season at Kansas (2023) than his first after transferring from D2 Central Missouri.

@Harjiran up for Washington to close out round 3.

Last edited:
I think I'm probably out if we go deeper. Into a range of players where it'd be pretty much random dart throwing. Loses a bit of the credibility.

3.86 Houston Texans - Cedric Gray LB North Carolina

He was on my short list. I haven't drafted D; Dallas's weakness. I don't have a 4th rounder. Spent that offensively on more offense for Trey Lance. I looked into trading down and didn't like the value of the value chart. 6th and 7th round extra picks just aren't that interesting. I know I know, Brock Purdy, but that' so rare. I know I can't magically pick the best player available, so I work from a list of potential bpas based on a consensus of big boards and my own observations. With Gray gone there's one defensive player on that list and 5 offensive players. I guess it's just the nature of this class so...

so torn between the bigger need at RB and this deep deep wr class...

and somewhat crazy maybe my favorite player remaining is another OL... 3 straight? haha

nah, not doing that...

torn because my other two favorites are a wr and an rb...

i've praised the receiver and rb here pretty highly...

there's about as many potentially good receivers gonna fall to the 5th as there are rbs...

stream of consciousness pick...

i guess i want the receiver and trust a late round rb to be more helpful after not having a 4th rounder...

3.87 Jalen McMillan, WR, Washington

this guy was neck and neck with Odunze two seasons ago. two games into last season he had two more receptions and one more td than Odunze... and hurt his knee. he's not better than Odunze, but he's really good. as good a route runner as there is in this draft not named Harrison. better than Polk who stepped in for him, the knee injury cost him over half the season, but it wasn't serious enough to shut him down, so no worries there.

Cooks is old. Tolbert is developing. Turpin is a gadget. McMillan could be WR2 in Dallas very soon.
Was that D player Jeremiah Trotter ?
Not having that 4th rounder really hurts.

No. I really like an in the box safety out of Oregon State for Dallas/Zimmer. Kitan Oladapo. Lotta words to explain, but I think he's a top 3-4 safety in this class, the best run defender, and well versed in Zimmer tactics already.

Fwiw, the 4 other offense guys on my list were Burton, who I agree fell too far. RBs Corum and LLoyd. They're kinda pick your poison. Go for the big potential in Lloyd, or the sure thing somewhat boring but very solid Corum. The OL was Rosengarten, the next pick.

For @travdogg. Here, imo, is two solid evaluations of Burton and McMillan. It's kind of the Harrison vs Nabers debate. Burton the more explosive Nabers guy. McMillan the polished Harrison guy. That big board has McMillan at 50 and Burton at 61, no wrs separating them though. I think maybe the draft media is missing out on McMillan because last season was injury plagued, so they didn't see much. After two healthy games he had 16 receptions for over 200+ yards and 3tds, while his teammate Odunze had 14, 220, 2. The injury was game 3. Odunze broke out in a big way after Penix lost McMillan. Jalen is super athletic, was offered full rides in baseball and basketball. He's a 3 level route runner, very versatile, and almost as explosive as Burton, who's primarily a field stretcher. I do like him more than several wrs who went before him here, just not more than McMillan.

Anyway, great job everyone. I'm also out so... we probably done here.

Tennessee Titans - -OZ-
1.07 LT. Joe Alt, ND
The Arizona Cardinals trade the #64 and #71 pick to the Tennessee Titans for the #38 pick.
2.64 - Marshawn Kneeland, edge western Michigan
3.71 Ricky Pearsall, Florida WR
I’d be really happy if this came to fruition. If we had gone into the 4th, we’d be looking real hard at middle / inside linebacker, interior OL to develop into a starter, and probably a strong inside running RB.

What players are you watching for deeper in the draft? Late round targets you want your team to take or are interested to see where they land?

Zak Zinter was our next target. Audric Estime in later rounds.

Tennessee Titans - -OZ-
1.07 LT. Joe Alt, ND
The Arizona Cardinals trade the #64 and #71 pick to the Tennessee Titans for the #38 pick.
I’d be really happy if this came to fruition. If we had gone into the 4th, we’d be looking real hard at middle / inside linebacker, interior OL to develop into a starter, and probably a strong inside running RB.

What players are you watching for deeper in the draft? Late round targets you want your team to take or are interested to see where they land?

Zinter was my target at 102 for Seattle. Again, interior line needs. He would likely be a mid 2nd at latest if not for the injury, which by all accounts is well along the healing process.

Tennessee Titans - -OZ-
1.07 LT. Joe Alt, ND

Any player from Marshall / Rand University.

Tennessee Titans - -OZ-
1.07 LT. Joe Alt, ND

What number pick did you have in the 4th RC. Zinter was probably who we would have taken at 115. Failing that would be looking at the CB options.

Kalen King is going to be an interesting CB case as his 40-time was terrible but production was good.

-QG

Tennessee Titans - -OZ-
1.07 LT. Joe Alt, ND

What number pick did you have in the 4th RC. Zinter was probably who we would have taken at 115. Failing that would be looking at the CB options.

Kalen King is going to be an interesting CB case as his 40-time was terrible but production was good.

-QG
The Giants have the 6th pick in the round so I think it was 106. I was going to take Christian Jones or a RB.

Looking over this draft, going entirely by my board, I think the best drafts were:

Arizona, of course I'd say that, as I drafted them. May have erred on McConkey as WRs fell a lot more than I expected. Harrison at #4 is stealing.
Chicago, really liked the trades that landed Murphy. Good values across the board.
Washington, 6 picks helps, but I especially liked the values of Brooks and Booker in round 3. Would have liked to have seen a CB somewhere, but minor quibble.
LA Rams, liked the trade down a lot (for both sides) and think Latu is being very underrated. Loved Sainristil that late, maybe the best value of the mock.

Thanks RC94, this will be fun to bookmark and compare how many positions get chosen similarly during the NFL draft,

Here's one look at how I was seeing the draft for the Bears: it's my guesses at the player that I would've taken with each pick of the draft, if I had that pick and couldn't trade out of it:

1 QB Caleb Williams *
2-4 WR Marvin Harrison
5-6 WR Malik Nabers
7-9 WR Rome Odunze
10-15 EDGE Dallas Turner
16 EDGE Jared Verse
17-19 DT Byron Murphy *
20-27 WR Brian Thomas
28-31 CB Nate Wiggins
32 WR Ladd McConkey
33-35 OL Graham Barton
36-39 WR Troy Franklin
40-48 EDGE Darius Robinson
49-54 DT Braden Fiske
55-61 WR Keon Coleman *
62 EDGE Adissa Isaac
63-65 CB TJ Tampa
66 DT Ruke Orhorhoro
67-73 CB Mike Sainristil
74-83 WR Javon Baker *
84-96 WR Jermaine Burton
97-99 OL Dominick Puni *
100 EDGE Austin Booker

* my actual picks

This leaves out a bunch of players who made my short list but never made to the top, like EDGE Chop Robinson (pick 26) and S Javon Bullard (pick 82), and I might've made a different call on some of these if I actually had to finalize the pick. But this gives some sense of which positions I was prioritizing (WR, EDGE, DT), which players I liked, and where I was willing to go BPA at a position that wasn't a major need.

Tennessee Titans - -OZ-
1.07 LT. Joe Alt, ND

Zinter was my target at 102 for Seattle. Again, interior line needs. He would likely be a mid 2nd at latest if not for the injury, which by all accounts is well along the healing process.
I almost took Zinter at 100. It was close, basically a coin flip.

Rams, liked the trade down a lot (for both sides) and think Latu is being very underrated. Loved Sainristil that late, maybe the best value of the mock.
Thankyou sir.

I don't follow the Rams at all so spent a number of hours reading about their team, the way they have preferred to set up their team, what their glaring needs were etc. We made some moves to get into preferable range for some of these guys.

I noticed when looking through their picks just how many late picks they actually have. So many extras later on it made moving up quite straightforward when we needed to.

Washington Commanders - Harjiran
1.02 -- QB Drake Maye, UNC
2.36 -- OT Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
2.40 -- TE Ben Sinnott, Kansas State
3.67 -- RB Jonathan Brooks, Texas
3.78 -- S Calen Bullock, USC
3.100 -- EDGE Austin Booker, Kansas

Suamataia at 36 was the steal of the draft, imo.
Didn't seem like it at the time but in retrospect I got pretty lucky with how things shook out in terms of the players available at each draft spot. In real life I don't think Suamataia will make it past the Ravens at the end of round one.

SF 49ers:

1-31 Nate Wiggins CB
2-44 Xavier Worthy WR (traded 2-63, 3-94 and 4-124)

Feel good about this draft for SF despite not addressing OT. My plan going in was OT or CB. Wiggins being on the board and my top 6 OTs being gone made it an easy decision. Love the potential paired with Mooney Ward and Lenoir. Slight build but tall enough to pack on some muscle and not sacrifice speed.

Made the trade for 2-44 about 5 spots ahead of the pick with the intention of taking OT Patrick Paul, who I knew wouldn't be available at the end of round 2. But when Worthy fell, decided to go BPA (in my opinion). He will probably go first round in the real NFL draft, so getting another first round talent for late picks in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th seems like a good move for a win-now team. I think SF needs to throw the ball a bit more to put them over the top and this gives their young QB a true deep receiver, but also one that can get open quickly, so should excel in the short passing game as well. Plus, they will lose either Deebo or Aiyuk in 2025, so gives them some continuity moving forward.

Both players are tall, slight guys which is my only concern, but seeing a lot more smaller receivers being successful in the NFL so not a huge concern. They still have 2 4ths, a 5th, 2 6ths and a 7th to add a couple OL men.

The NFL can't suspend him. If this is an isolated incident, I think teams that want a run stopper won't care.

Small drop maybe. Jalen Carter still went top 10.
Sweat isn’t Carter but he wasn’t going top of the first round anyway.

Reported by a known NFL writer (I forget who) that he had an undergrad history of heavy partying, admitted it in his interviews with teams, and said he was over it.

Major red flags all over the place.

I have no idea what it all means, but that isn’t good.

“Despite an All-American 2023 season, Sweat entered the draft process with several questions to answer in NFL team interviews. According to a team source, he was up front with teams about his “partying” as an underclassman and made it a point of emphasis to teams that it was all in the past.”

I thought our draft was QB-crazy, with 6 in the top 13, but the NFL got its 5th & 6th QBs in slightly sooner.

13 of our first 14 picks were drafted in the top 14. The one mismatch is that we had Cooper DeJean, the NFL had JC Latham.

Exact matches:

1 CHI Caleb Williams
4 ARI Marvin Harrison
6 NYG Malik Nabers
12 DEN Bo Nix

also Rome Odunze at pick 9, but to a different team because of a trade (in our mock)

Users who are viewing this thread