What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Eno Benjamin, NO (1 Viewer)

Texans followed by Raiders have top waiver positions right now. After those two, I don't know the order but it's made up of the Saints, Panthers, Jags and Bears.

If the reason for his release is not problematic,easy to see why some of those teams would be interested in claiming him especially when you can roster him for this season and next if they like what they see and it would only run about $1.5M total. Get him this year for about $52K per game to see if he fits. Not sure what time of the day he got released so not sure if his claims run tomorrow or Wednesday but if he's not got any baggage that concerns teams I'm guessing he'll have a new home in next day or two.

He will be picked up very quickly. Makes no sense to me, he's been solid, maybe not a star, but solid.
You’re probably right. Nothing to base this on, but I wonder if it’s something other than his performance. It’s not like they are deep at the position

Several rumors circulating so I'll just list what i am digging up

-Likes to be at a certain club the night before games and drinks, and apparently drinks some more.
-Next, he could have a police report dropping very soon
-Finally, he failed drug test and is set for a 4 game suspension and maybe they just went ahead an released him

All wild speculation across social media so it's possible none of that is true
Maybe the Arizona Cardinals just simply had Eno-ugh of him and said good-bye

Last edited:

-Likes to be at a certain club the night before games and drinks, and apparently drinks some more.
-Finally, he failed drug test and is set for a 4 game suspension and maybe they just went ahead an released him

A buddy of mine is an agent in another sport and says whenever you see a trade or transaction that doesn't make sense there is almost always some luggage in the background...by the way, love the Eno-ugh!

I can't say what is true but what I read was far less juicy. That he was just pissed about being phased out, which if true begs the question of why were they phasing him out.

@joshweinfuss

The Cardinals told Eno Benjamin on Saturday night that he wasn’t going to have much of a role against the Rams, a source told me. An assistant called Benjamin after team meetings at their hotel in Los Angeles with the news.

@kentsomers
·

As others reported, Eno was unhappy about playing time and made that clear to staff. My opinion: just ride it out. Things can change pretty quick.

Maybe he pulled an Elijah Moore, and if teams don’t have much money or draft capital tied up in you, they will release you if you do that.

Beat reporters saying there was an argument over playing time. All second hand, nobody saying exactly what was said by/to whom, but the decision to cut him made within a few hours.

It’s especially odd bc - though he’s criticized often by outsiders - the players love playing for KK. Def falls more on the side of players coach vs disciplinarian.

Wonder if the next Hard Knocks episode will acknowledge/cover this.

Texans followed by Raiders
He has been claimed by the Texans. The team in I believe has the #1 waiver wire priority.

This and the Tillery cut are both super strange to me. Be curious to see how many teams put a claim in on Eno but I'd guess a sizeable amount.

Managed to trade Eno for a 4th right after his "breakout game" in week 7. Feeling really good about it. His ceiling is a quality backup.

I agree he’s a quality backup but don’t see a 4th as worth much more than that if at all. Like I’ll make those moves when I need to free up a roster spot but otherwise I’m happy getting that type of player from a pick in the 4th round (though if your team is in more a spot to shoot for boom/bust lotto tickets that also is a valid strategy).

Got him rostered and would likely flip him for a 3rd though

Managed to trade Eno for a 4th right after his "breakout game" in week 7. Feeling really good about it. His ceiling is a quality backup.
Traded him for a third in a dynasty league after his release. I agree he is a quality backup.
:tebow: A third after his demise is really good..

I agree he’s a quality backup but don’t see a 4th as worth much more than that if at all. Like I’ll make those moves when I need to free up a roster spot but otherwise I’m happy getting that type of player from a pick in the 4th round (though if your team is in more a spot to shoot for boom/bust lotto tickets that also is a valid strategy).

Got him rostered and would likely flip him for a 3rd though
The 2023 draft class should have some not so hidden gems in the 3rd/4th rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread