What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Advice needed: Visiting Pro Football Hall of Fame during Enshrinement Weekend (1 Viewer)

ignatiusjreilly

Footballguy
[Apologies if there's been an earlier thread on this topic. I did a search and couldn't find anything.]

My soon-to-be-9 year old has gotten super into football over the past year, in ways that only a kid on the autism spectrum can. I've been thinking it might be fun to take him to Canton the first weekend in August for the Enshrinement Ceremony (also happens to be my birthday weekend). I've never been to the PFHOF, but I went to Cooperstown to see the MLB HOF when I was around his age and still have fond memories.

Anyone ever done this, particularly with a young kid? Any advice for what to do, what can be skipped, where to stay, etc.? For example, I think we wouldn't be able to fly in until Friday, which means we'd miss the game Thursday night. I'm inclined to think, so what? It's just a pre-season game. But maybe it's a fun experience? I don't know. I'm flying totally blind here.

I should add that we're doing fine financially, but I'm not about to lay out for any VIP packages, if you know what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread