What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D’Andre Swift, CHI (4 Viewers)

Guy is averaging 6.2 YPC. Those are video game numbers for as many carries as he has been given.

Swift was 5.5 last year with Detroit. Still pissed they gave Swift away..and to the Eagles to boot.

Yeah but now they got a weapon. A guy you can line up anywhere!

I think @Ilov80s shares/or has made the point I’ve often said. GMs/HCs/OCs always say in TC they’re going to line up shifty running backs in the slot & out wide & on parabolic jet motion to get crazy usage because this guy is just a weapon. Then the games begin and they realize the Wr3/Wr4 is still way more efficient at those roles than the guy whose primary job is to run the ball.

Sorry for the rabbit trail….back to heaping praise on D’Andre.

Guy is averaging 6.2 YPC. Those are video game numbers for as many carries as he has been given.

Swift was 5.5 last year with Detroit. Still pissed they gave Swift away..and to the Eagles to boot.

I think @Ilov80s shares/or has made the point I’ve often said. GMs/HCs/OCs always say in TC they’re going to line up shifty running backs in the slot & out wide & on parabolic jet motion to get crazy usage because this guy is just a weapon. Then the games begin and they realize the Wr3/Wr4 is still way more efficient at those roles than the guy whose primary job is to run the ball.

Sad but true. It never seems to come to fruition.

I wanted the Lions to keep Swift for a couple of reasons. First he is a talented RB that did not make much $$$$. Second I met him at a training camp practice two years ago and he was the nicest guy.

They got rid of Swift for whatever reasons. What made it worse IMO is they gave him to a team that Lions has to probably go through in the playoffs. So we may have given them their best RB and passed on Jalen Carter..who is looking like a young Aaron Donald right now.

Trading Swift to Vegas or Arizona would have been easier to digest.

Still think a Lions-Eagles matchup will be pretty even when and if the meet.

Brandon Lee Gowton
Red zone drives where Kenny Gainwell gets a touch: FG, TD, turnover on downs, FG, end of game, FG, FG, end of game.

So, 1/6 when the #Eagles actually tried to score.

Red zone drives where D’Andre Swift gets a touch: FG, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, FG, FG.

6/9.
You know when someone is young and really dumb and just feels like "I want some person that will be my wife, you know, so I can go around saying 'My wife this, my wife that'. I'm going to get married!" That's the Eagles wanting someone to call their "inside the 5" back. Why Gainwell? He's not even that type.

Brandon Lee Gowton
Red zone drives where Kenny Gainwell gets a touch: FG, TD, turnover on downs, FG, end of game, FG, FG, end of game.

So, 1/6 when the #Eagles actually tried to score.

Red zone drives where D’Andre Swift gets a touch: FG, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, FG, FG.

6/9.
You know when someone is young and really dumb and just feels like "I want some person that will be my wife, you know, so I can go around saying 'My wife this, my wife that'. I'm going to get married!" That's the Eagles wanting someone to call their "inside the 5" back. Why Gainwell? He's not even that type.
They'll figure it out eventually. You have to look at it this way. Most coaching staffs spend Feb, Mar and April coming up with their offense for the year. At the time, they heavily wanted Gainwell to be the guy because he looked good in the playoffs. Then draft day comes and Howie hands them a gift in the name of Swift. Now the coaches have to incorporate him into the offense but they did months of planning on it being Gainwell. All the minicamps and planning was for him. It's hard for some coaches to change an entire off season of planning mainly due to stubbornness. Just look at how it took a Gainwell injury for Swift to even get the ball the 2nd week.

Siriani though has shown the ability to adjust to what's working. Swift is getting the bulk of the carries and I think sooner than later he will get a bigger chunk of the red zone touches too especially if it's yielding TDs.

Swift was fined for a hit on a defender in the Commanders game. Dude is soft as a marshmallow. Made of glass too.
Swift? Is he hurt?
Sorry, no, I see how that reads in a vacuum now. He is fine.

Saw a headline that Swift was fined for unnecessary roughness for hitting a defender (no penalty, just a fine), and just thought that was funny given all the talk of how soft and fragile he is.

It's absolutely criminal how the Eagles don't get the ball to him in space with check downs or screens.

He finally is staying healthy on a high -powered team and his talent is being severely mismanaged.

Who's starting him against the 9ers?

It's absolutely criminal how the Eagles don't get the ball to him in space with check downs or screens.

He finally is staying healthy on a high -powered team and his talent is being severely mismanaged.

I've been starting him, but this week I'm trying to decide between him and Ford (@LAR). I think it's a toss-up.

I've been starting him, but this week I'm trying to decide between him and Ford (@LAR). I think it's a toss-up.

I've got both Ford, Warren and Swift and have no idea who to start.

I've got both Ford, Warren and Swift and have no idea who to start.

I need to win too, no pressure. :football:

Gainwell was in for the first series and then most of the third downs. I don’t get it.
This is what they do every week. Makes no sense. Then they run swift into the line for 3-4 carries in the first half and decide that's not working. Then he usually rips off a 30 yarder off tackle in the 2nd half and the OC remembers he exists.

Gainwell was in for the first series and then most of the third downs. I don’t get it.
This is what they do every week. Makes no sense. Then they run swift into the line for 3-4 carries in the first half and decide that's not working. Then he usually rips off a 30 yarder off tackle in the 2nd half and the OC remembers he exists.
Not this week (the 30 yarder off tackle).

Not this week (the 30 yarder off tackle).
Yes I know. They just completely abandoned the run.

It really looks like Hurts just does not like RB's.

The OL is probably about as good as it gets. Swift looks like a decent back with some vision and power and looks like he blocks and can catch as well. But they almost never seem to create any running rythym where the running game gets on track and starts to gash the D for 4-6-8 yd carries to sustain a drive.

That seems like a mistake especially when you think of last nights game. SF kept at it and yeah it's CMac and T Williams but the patience paid off.

For the most part, Gainwell is used as the 3rd down back and during 2 minute drill-type situations. I'm just guessing but I think it may be due to Swift lacking in the pass pro stuff. They were trailing nearly the entire game and were using Gainwell mostly as well so it does look like Swift may be game script dependent.

The FFB playoff schedule looks fantastic though and the Eagles should be leading in every one of them so I am holding out hope. Not like I have much of a choice regardless. lol

On last few weeks usage alone, he seems so easy to sit this week if you have mildly better options.

Which of course means he’ll pop off for 100+ and 2 TDs in one of the most important fantasy weeks of the year.

On last few weeks usage alone, he seems so easy to sit this week if you have mildly better options.

Which of course means he’ll pop off for 100+ and 2 TDs in one of the most important fantasy weeks of the year.
Second half vs Dallas they seemed to run the ball a bunch and effectively. I wonder if they go back to it this week and let the run set up the pass.

Things are getting desperate here in Philly. The last time this happened, in 2021, Nick stopped calling plays, they started running a ton and they made the playoffs.

This year against Minny, they recognized that they could just run the ball and couldn’t be stopped. These guys are smart, they have a history of recognizing that they are doing the wrong things and need to pivot. I think this is the week that they do so. Swift should get 15-17 carries on Monday. Hopefully they throw to him a few times as well.

i plan on starting him.

my other options are charbonet and singletary.

Same, Charbs or Walker are my other options and despite health issues also have their own bad matchup. Hoping this matchup means fantasy gold, the last few weeks were all tough teams to run on, but still was disappointing see how little they used Swift.

i plan on starting him.

my other options are charbonet and singletary.

Same, Charbs or Walker are my other options and despite health issues also have their own bad matchup. Hoping this matchup means fantasy gold, the last few weeks were all tough teams to run on, but still was disappointing see how little they used Swift.
My options if I want to play Swift (I have AJB) would be benching one of Waddle, Garrett Wilson or Olave.

That Jets/Dolphins game early indications are windy.

I'd have to bench Zach Moss for Swift. Not a huge hurdle but Moss will get the carries where as I don't know if Philly will feed Swift. I don't know if they've learned their lesson yet.

Sat out a week too late there my friend. Had he sat out week 17 I would have finished 6th overall in the NFFC prime and took down another $9K ($10k for 6th) instead I played Swift over Adams :crying: and it cost me 30 pts and I ended up in 26th place ($1K) overall.

I had not played Swift in weeks 15 or 16 either my team was stacked beyond belief with tough calls every week and I played Adams and he scored 1 pt in week 16 and Swift had Arizona the 32nd run D and it clouded my judgement even though Swift was not very good for a long time now (He had 15 pts in week 16 and I was kicking myself about sitting him week 16).

Life of fantasy. Sometimes having too much talent on your team can hurt you as you can never get it right.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but 4 years in, I don't think Swift is anything special. He doesn't break tackles, he's got average vision, and he's an extremely boom/bust runner. Personally, I think he's a COP/3rd down RB. His YPC is misleading due to his boom/bust nature, he's not a guy I'd want as a starter at all. He also spent the last 2 seasons with elite OLs.

Among FA RBs, he's probably in the 6-10 range in my eyes. Given the role he had this season, I felt he underachieved, as he's done most of his career, other than 2022, when he saw a much more limited workload.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but 4 years in, I don't think Swift is anything special. He doesn't break tackles, he's got average vision, and he's an extremely boom/bust runner. Personally, I think he's a COP/3rd down RB. His YPC is misleading due to his boom/bust nature, he's not a guy I'd want as a starter at all. He also spent the last 2 seasons with elite OLs.

Among FA RBs, he's probably in the 6-10 range in my eyes. Given the role he had this season, I felt he underachieved, as he's done most of his career, other than 2022, when he saw a much more limited workload.

Really? I felt the eagles underused him. Hell they straight forgot about him sometimes this year. I don't think he's Barry Sanders. But he's better than average. Just my 2 cents

Really? I felt the eagles underused him. Hell they straight forgot about him sometimes this year. I don't think he's Barry Sanders. But he's better than average. Just my 2 cents
I can agree that he was better than Kenneth Gainwell, though that's a little like being the tallest midget. I will also agree Philly should have run the ball more often, but that has everything to do with the OL. Swift didn't play well at all in my eyes. Among 59 RBs with 75 or more carries, he finished 52nd in yards after contact per rush. His 4.6 YPC looks ok on the surface, but its actually kinda bad. Gainwell was 4.3. Miles Sanders (the same guy who lost the Carolina job quickly) was over 5.0 for his Eagles career.

He is fast and quick, but he just seems to be lacking something, maybe vision. I preferred Miles Sanders (and I didn't like him very much either), because every now and then he'd hit the hole or show patience and make some nice plays. Swift seems like he would be better used in the role the Eagles used Gainwell: change of pace, 4 minute, 2 minute drill.

He's always hurt and his fans say no he was questionable or probable all those weeks.

I wouldn't have him as more than a scat back third down back, kick returner role.

He has some great moments where he flashes but at this point I'm left wondering why it hasn't become more of the norm. Rookies struggle then flash then struggle then flash....why is he still doing that?

The market aside, the RB spot is too vital to have a key guy that you can't count on.

He's always hurt and his fans say no he was questionable or probable all those weeks.

I wouldn't have him as more than a scat back third down back, kick returner role.

He has some great moments where he flashes but at this point I'm left wondering why it hasn't become more of the norm. Rookies struggle then flash then struggle then flash....why is he still doing that?

The market aside, the RB spot is too vital to have a key guy that you can't count on.
I think the "always hurt" label is probably overstated - he didn't miss a game this year (I think he was rested in week 18 like many others, but not sure).

I do agree thought that he's probably best suited as a situational 1A/1B guy though - the Eagles OL has a good track record of making guys look better than they are (see Sanders, Miles)

Reactions: Bri

Users who are viewing this thread