What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB/WR to Exploit/Avoid Week 1 (1 Viewer)

Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons -3/42.5

-Panthers will start Bryce Young and the Ministry feels it is going to be a pretty rough up and down year for the rookie. That said, Young is going to benefit from a decent OL that could rate better by season’s end. Ekwonu of the 15 starting Rookie Left Tackles over the last 3 seasons, Slater and Jedrick Wills are the only ones that rated higher, under 5% pressure rate, outstanding.

-Sanders has been battling injuries throughout camp, I would look for a decent split week 1 with Hubbard. No reason for the Panthers to wear out Sanders before they get a chance to really use him. Sanders is drafted as a RB2/Flex, that’s about what you can expect opening week, things might even start off slow.

-Thielen is likely the only receiver you would consider for Carolina, mostly it’s going to be a wait and see for MoP, rookie QBs in their first start under center don’t usually sound appealing to me for points generated through the air.

-Bijan Robinson figures to factor in heavily with the offense, still it’s going to take a little time for folks to adjust on both sides. I think Tyler Allgeier is going to see some work in this offense as well. The passing game has some exciting pieces but I doubt the head coach for the Falcons wants to get into shootouts, he’s a defensive minded coach and I expect him to try and keep the games close into the 2nd Half and wear teams down.

-London had over 800 yds and 4 TDs as a rookie, look for improvement and perhaps a leap this year to 1,000/6+ TDs and there will be room for me. We like him as an every week starter in the WR3/Flex role. Kyle Pitts is a leap of faith after starting just 10 games and last season and watching his yds fall from 1,000 to around 350, a bounce back year is almost an automatic but to what degree we shall see. Falcons have new weapons to focus on besides Pitts.

Final Score…Atlanta 20…Carolina 17

The Line has dropped from 42.5 down to 40 from when I started writing this insert.
Line also is about -3.5 now

Point totals coming out of Vegas..good way to gauge if your players are likely involved in a shootout or a struggle.

43.5-Ravens/Texans...think I like the over in this one
48-Bengals/Browns, this feels a little high to me with decent defenses on the field
45-Jags/Colts...think I like the under here
45-Bucs/Vikings-Like the over in this one
41-Titans/Saints...like the over in this one. If these two teams cannot score Week1, gonna be a long season for folks who invested in either
41-Niners/Steelers...yeah this feels like a defensive struggle
38.5-Cards/Commanders...I actually like the over at the moment but I can understand why folks see little offense to rally around here.

Bengals browns game you take the over. Didn't Cleveland put a 33-13 beatdown on cincy last season? I thought they did , anyways, I'm not buying into the Bungles this season they struggled on both sides of the ball all preaseason long - yeah I know, burrow was out. But burrow comes back after missing all of camp, all preseason - is he in game rady condition? nope.
I kind of like the brownies putting a spanking on cincy here. I like the over.
How are the jags/colts at a 45pt o/u? well, Richardson is due for at least 2 INTs in his first-ever game in the nfl. Colts don't have a RB. JAgs have the hot offense, top QB,wr,RB . they're easily going to win the time of possession battle here..38-10 type game
When you think you're looking at a defensive battle, always take the over - these never end up being 13-10 type games. This should be a good old shootout. I'd bet more than 50pts are scored in this game.
Commanders are going to score in droves here. Cards are woefully inadequate, It's unfortunate that we can rank the team any lower than 32nd, because they're that bad. Stement game for Bienemy, Howell led all passes in preseason with his comp %. dude's on fire. You're going to want to trade for Dotson before this game because you'll pay a huge price to get him afterwards, I fully expect him to go nuts. Washington can score the 39 pts on their own. How many defensive TDs will the Commanders get, 2? 3?

How high is everyone on Brian Robinson? Adam Caplan has him in his top 10 this week.

Is the Chargers run D better, worse or the same as last year? As a Mostert owner I feel like if this is the week I can't insert him into my Flex spot I don't know when it will be. Exploit Mostert this week? Achane got in a full practice too. How much does he cut into his workoad?

Is the Chargers run D better, worse or the same as last year? As a Mostert owner I feel like if this is the week I can't insert him into my Flex spot I don't know when it will be. Exploit Mostert this week? Achane got in a full practice too. How much does he cut into his workoad?
Jonathon Mingo anyone? Drafted to grow with Yoing and Thelein in already banged and someone has to catch his passes. Good ppr play?

Users who are viewing this thread