What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D’Andre Swift, CHI (1 Viewer)

oh yeah, he won't be hitting 28 carries again this season. definitely a unique gamescript. early in the season, early in game 2, offense and Hurts especially both struggling. they had a couple ugly drives so hey let's pound the ball, oh it's working, ok let's keep doing it until they stop it. oh...they can't. so they kept pounding it. if it hadn't had early success I'm sure it all unfolds differently. also boston scott getting a concussion was a factor. and they obviously hate penny.

this game was an extension of preseason (and some other games this weekend will be as well) in terms of them deciding to forge their identity in 2023. or to begin to. the passing game looks to be trailing behind the running game now but at least they can say ok we pounded the rock hard and we can build off that. but I'm sure you could take sirianni's quote about not wanting to come out of a game with swift only getting 3 touches and repeat it today..."we don't want him coming out with 31 touches"...

so yes i would expect a more balanced attack going forward but last night was about proving they could do it and proving swift could do it.

As for Penny, it's clear where he stands in the pecking order. Seemed like he was not even going to make the final roster out of training camp, and that time might be coming if both Gainwell and Scott are healthy.
I don't understand? All the RB's were healthy exiting camp.
Gainwell now and Scott being evaluated for a concussion last night (although doesn't seem to be an issue).
Thanks for answering and yes I understand that but I still don't see what that had to do with Penny making the team or his roster spot being in danger when he made the team with every RB healthy.

This is the Swift thread so not looking to get to bogged down in Penny talk but I don't think he's going anywhere and will be needed later this year.

not looking to get to bogged down in Penny

One thing I'll say about Penny, since he in theory could muddy the Swift waters at some point, (as someone who was optimistic about RP this draft season) he doesn't look right to my eye test. Looks plodding. I don't remember him looking plodding before. Might be he needs more reps to get into game flow, but it might also be that he's not totally right after last season's injury. I am not sure, but for a dude who has a historically high career YPC, he doesn't look agile at all right now.

One thing I'll say about Penny, since he in theory could muddy the Swift waters at some point, (as someone who was optimistic about RP this draft season) he doesn't look right to my eye test. Looks plodding. I don't remember him looking plodding before. Might be he needs more reps to get into game flow, but it might also be that he's not totally right after last season's injury. I am not sure, but for a dude who has a historically high career YPC, he doesn't look agile at all right now.
I agree with you on how Penny looks.

Maybe his latest injury was to much but because he's been so explosive most of his career I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt he just needs to work some rust off. I could be wrong.

I agree with you on how Penny looks.

Maybe his latest injury was to much but because he's been so explosive most of his career I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt he just needs to work some rust off. I could be wrong.
or hes fighting another injury. it is certainly possible. but as a healthy scratch (assuming hes not actually playing hurt) you have to think hes not a threat to take carries from anyone at this point.

It'd be interesting to see how many leagues he just went on the trade block. He certainly looked good, and I read about it excessively from a few of his owners in the chat for multiple leagues of mine. I've also received two (IMO) terrible offers from those owners trying to sell him to me lol. I feel like a good chunk of this praise is price pumping as people rush to get something a little more stable. To be fair these offers were both in dynasty leagues though, so their initial buying price was much higher than people who got him this year in redraft. I can see the redraft owners definitely being much happier to hold onto him as a low cost high upside guy.

Agree. He looked kind of pudgy, which is probably a big part of why he is now the 4th RB. Maybe the injuries have just caught up to him, but I no longer believe he will be a part of the RBBC there. Scott looked way better

Agree. He looked kind of pudgy, which is probably a big part of why he is now the 4th RB. Maybe the injuries have just caught up to him, but I no longer believe he will be a part of the RBBC there. Scott looked way better
he's always looked like that for what it's worth. Still runs like the wind, but also might be small part of what some of his past injuries were tied to, not all, but some

[Penny] always looked [pudgy] for what it's worth. Still runs like the wind

Agreed on the first part, though I was expecting him to look more svelte with the supposed weight he's cut this offseason. And I'm not so sure about the second part. We didn't get to see him on any breakaway moments, but in short area at least, he appears to lack burst this season. Fairly concerning for an RB coming off significant injury.

[Penny] always looked [pudgy] for what it's worth. Still runs like the wind

Agreed on the first part, though I was expecting him to look more svelte with the supposed weight he's cut this offseason. And I'm not so sure about the second part. We didn't get to see him on any breakaway moments, but in short area at least, he appears to lack burst this season. Fairly concerning for an RB coming off significant injury.

His short burst hasn't been there for as long as I can remember, but his mid-long speed is deceptively incredible for his size. He will never be able to take advantage of the massive holes Philly provides like Swift, who I think has similar skills to L McCoy, and can be patient as well as explosive. Swift should eclipse 1000 as long as he's healthy, and the coaching doesn't go to crap

Swift bounces it outside and breaks off a huge run

"But he didn't hit the designed hole. He just bounced it outside."

Swift hits the hole all game and gets 6.5 ypc

"But those holes were huge!"

They don't play the Vikings every week but the Eagles still have one of the best offensive lines in the game.

And Brian Flores isn't stupid, if he thinks defending the Eagles requires a four man rush, spy on Hurts and six deep then he isn't the only one.

With AJ Brown, DaVonta Smith and Dallas Goedert are you really going to game plan for Kenneth Gainwell & D'Andre Swift?

Is he the Rodney Dangerfield of RB's? Rips off 180 on national TV and can't barely get a bump in ranking (or on here)
Yeah there are lots of screaming birds in that nest but dayum he ain't gettin nuttin.
Feels wrong to not play him on that team.

Was listening to a local pod and they were saying that Gainwell is a far superior pass blocker-and that Swift was a below avg one. That could be a reason that he didn’t get a lot of looks in The first game. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t get the bulk of the workload on Monday, since he is clearly the better RB

Was listening to a local pod and they were saying that Gainwell is a far superior pass blocker-and that Swift was a below avg one. That could be a reason that he didn’t get a lot of looks in The first game. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t get the bulk of the workload on Monday, since he is clearly the better RB
I wouldn't be shocked. I have immense faith in Swift, 0 faith in any coach.

I watched the pass blocking closely Thursday & Swift did a very good job. Stuck his nose right in there.

That said, I’m not sure how he’s done with it in the past.

#Realfootball

Also means MIN was the perfect opponent for him because they couldn’t stop the run so the Eagles didn’t have to throw much.

Is he the Rodney Dangerfield of RB's? Rips off 180 on national TV and can't barely get a bump in ranking (or on here)
Yeah there are lots of screaming birds in that nest but dayum he ain't gettin nuttin.
Feels wrong to not play him on that team.
And I have him on my bench. Just feel like I need to see how he's used one more time.

I am starting him with complete confidence this week, no matter how healthy the rest of the PHI RB's are. Then again, my only other option is Alvin Kamara.
I look forward to throwing in Kamara next week and being mad watching Swift blow up on the bench.

Went against my judgement last week and kept him on the bench.
My gut says Pittsburgh shuts down Jacob’s in a god awful game to watch and Swift out scores Jacob’s.

We’ll come back Tuesday and you’ll see why I lose a lot 🤷‍♂️

Playing Swift. Thinking of sitting Tank Dell and putting in Gainwell also. I hate playing two RBs from same team. I'll also hate Gainwell getting coach love and sitting him

Went against my judgement last week and kept him on the bench.
My gut says Pittsburgh shuts down Jacob’s in a god awful game to watch and Swift out scores Jacob’s.

We’ll come back Tuesday and you’ll see why I lose a lot 🤷‍♂️

Somehow Swift only outscored Jacob’s by 2 points. But yeah, of Swift, Jacob’s and Gibbs we know who is not the odd man out.

He gets almost ignored in short yardage and passing though so the TD’s are probably rare.

What I hope to see more of is that screen pass where Jalen hit Swift at full speed with 3 blockers in front. No idea why they didn't try that again.

How many 100 yd games in a row behind what might be the best line in football does it take to crack the top 15 in rankings?

Behind Mattison AND the Denver dude. (Ok fine their matchups are tasty but still)

Apparently he killed Kennedy 😂

Users who are viewing this thread