What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players Whose Value You Believe Will Ascend In The Off-Season (1 Viewer)

some good calls in here. you're missing:
Deshaun Watson - he'll get his stuff together and start throwing darts again. A new coaching staff will do wonders. how can you keep the current staff in place?

The Colts, ladies and Gentlemen, The Colts are the team that would benefit from Brady or A. Rogers arrival. best o-line, decent WRs that a draft pick or two could improve, good RB. Get some competent coaching and a good QB and you're off to the races.
Where have you been in 2022? The Colts OL has been horrible. Decent WRs? hmm......OK, decent with Pittman and I do believe Pierce will get better in 2023. The Colts are going to have to do some major improvements to the OL as far as pass blocking. They've gotten every QB killed this year and last year.

Edited to add: I'm sick of geezer QB signings every year. Rodgers may change my mind, but Brady needs to retire.
Feels very on par for the Colts to sign Brady the year after he appears to be done.

Deshaun Watson - he'll get his stuff together and start throwing darts again. A new coaching staff will do wonders. how can you keep the current staff in place?

The Colts, ladies and Gentlemen, The Colts are the team that would benefit from Brady or A. Rogers arrival. best o-line, decent WRs that a draft pick or two could improve, good RB. Get some competent coaching and a good QB and you're off to the races.
Where have you been in 2022? The Colts OL has been horrible. Decent WRs? hmm......OK, decent with Pittman and I do believe Pierce will get better in 2023. The Colts are going to have to do some major improvements to the OL as far as pass blocking. They've gotten every QB killed this year and last year.

Edited to add: I'm sick of geezer QB signings every year. Rodgers may change my mind, but Brady needs to retire.
Feels very on par for the Colts to sign Brady the year after he appears to be done.
If there are football Gods that won't happen. Please all mighty football Gods, no. The Colts need to figure out a way to get Stroud. I know Young will go #1.

AKA my Dynasty flyer/stash list:
Kyren Williams (maybe more likely to end up the #2/ pass catcher)
D'ernest Johnson (might ascend to the #2 in CLE)
Pierre Strong (Damien Harris seems unlikely to re-sign and Kevin Harris didn't look like he could avoid mistakes)
Metchie (he's been spotted out doing stuff, I think he's expected to fully recover)
Justyn Ross (I'm a believer. Just needed the foot to fully heal. I think he can play despite the neck thing).
Calvin Austin (was getting a lot of buzz before he hurt his foot, Claypool is gone).
Jalen Tolbert (probably not, he's had an open opportunity and seemingly did squat with it).
Kalil Shakir (might take over for Davis or the slot role but the lack of progress is concerning).
Trestan Ebner (Could ascend to #2 on the depth chart, known as a good pass catcher).
David Bell (season derailed by little injuries, I still believe)
AKA guys I'll probably be thinking about dropping during the rookie draft :shades:

Calvin Ridley

This is of course assuming his mental health is good and he is committed to football. If so, seems a perfect fit with Lawrence assending into top 10 QB range. I mean, look at how well Zay Jones has done this year and Ridley is way more talented. Plus, probably pretty cheap in drafts.
Ridley is a good call. My only concern if he makes it back both mentally and physically would be too many mouths to feed in that offense. Great for Trevor but not necessarily for Ridley’s fantasy value.
He's so head and shoulders better then anyone else they have I don't even remotely worry about the mouths to feed. He's going to explode.
He's also about to turn 29, and hasn't played football in a while. I'd be a little concerned about the other mouths to feed - but I do think he'll be worth significantly more in 2023 than he was in 2022, so appropriate for this topic for sure.

As an aside, if I were a Ridley shareholder, I would sell the second he steps on a field in 2023. I can't help but think there's another shoe to drop here - it was super suspicious at the time, and from his comments I didn't exactly get the impression that he thought he did anything wrong.
For the sake of accuracy, he just turned 28 (Born Dec 20, 1994)

I picked him up and rostered him in both my keeper leagues and my contract dynasty (guy dropped him because he needed the contract years). I'm taking the opposite viewpoint and would be trying to trade for him since he is probably pretty cheap still. Elite route runner who should thrive with Lawrence in a Doug Peterson offense.

Not really worried about him being out the last year plus. Hopefully, he had time to contemplate how fortunate he is to get another chance to make millions playing a game and takes full advantage.

We shall see
Fair.

Also fair is that NFL history is rife with knuckleheads who continue to be knuckleheads and do knuckleheaded things.

Exceedingly rare are the knucklehead redemption stories.

But it’s definitely possible that Ridley is the latter.
While the betting incident was definitey a "knucklehead" move, I don't think it was malicious. Not like he beat up somebody in a bar or rolled somebody on the street to steal their watch. I get the NFL had to hand out a punishment, but the year he got was kind of excessive when you consider other punishments that were less for more egregious acts (DeShawn Watson anyone).
Ridley’s “crime” was worse than watsons by a factor of 100

He gambled on a game in which he played.

It calls into question the integrity of every game in the sport, and IMO rather than being excessive, I’d say he was lucky to have not been banned for life.

Reasonable minds can disagree
He wasn't playing when he made the bets. But they did involve the Falcons games. I would agree with you 100 percent if he had played in the game.

Ridley placed the bets during a period spanning Nov. 23-28, at a time when the receiver was away from the team on the non-football illness (NFI) list. He needed a break from football to focus on his mental well-being, he had written in an Oct. 31 statement.
Yeah, well, I’m not totally sure I believe that. There was a video compilation going around at the time that showed him actively trying to not score on sure-fire TD receptions - some of them preposterously inexplicable.

I believe he was gambling on games he played in - the evidence on the field seemed extremely clear. IMO that’s why they dropped the hammer on him.

I also believe his mental issues may have been “consciousness of guilt” or “anxiety that he was about to be exposed”.

It would be in the NFL’s best interest to sweep truly damning stuff under the rug, too, so what’s in the official statements can maybe be taken with a grain of salt.

I’m the complete opposite of a conspiracy theorist - but watching that dude completely beat coverage downfield and then inexplicably run backwards into a tackle seemed sus at the time, and then when it came out later that he’d gambled suddenly it made sense.

We don’t have to re-litigate it here, but I thought he deserved harsher than 1 year.
Wasn't the suspension "Indefinite, can apply for reinstatement after 1 year?" a

I feel like when it came out people were saying there was no guarantee he'd play again
He can apply in February for reinstatement and he will be reinstated. Unless it is proven he bet on games in which he played. Other than a couple u-tubers showing him "running backward" as proof he was trying to throw his yardage prop bets, nothing substantial. I looked at a few of the videos and it looks like every week NFL stuff of WRs trying for bigger plays by taking a step back. Nothing to see there

AKA my Dynasty flyer/stash list:
Kyren Williams (maybe more likely to end up the #2/ pass catcher) --- May never be used enough to start in fantasy
D'ernest Johnson (might ascend to the #2 in CLE) - Is also a UFA, so he and Hunt may leave. Most likely Cleveland re-sign Johnson and Hunt walks
Pierre Strong (Damien Harris seems unlikely to re-sign and Kevin Harris didn't look like he could avoid mistakes) - I could buy him into being #2
Metchie (he's been spotted out doing stuff, I think he's expected to fully recover) - being diagnosed with acute promyelocytic leukemia, I would just be happy for him to live a long life
Justyn Ross (I'm a believer. Just needed the foot to fully heal. I think he can play despite the neck thing). - That neck thing isn't going away, no thanks
Calvin Austin (was getting a lot of buzz before he hurt his foot, Claypool is gone). - Perhaps, he's worth a stash in the deepest leagues
Jalen Tolbert (probably not, he's had an open opportunity and seemingly did squat with it). - Nope, he's waiver wire fodder
Kalil Shakir (might take over for Davis or the slot role but the lack of progress is concerning). - Perhaps, he's worth a stash in 22 - 26 man dynasty leagues
Trestan Ebner (Could ascend to #2 on the depth chart, known as a good pass catcher). - I doubt he amounts to anything. He's waiver wire fodder
David Bell (season derailed by little injuries, I still believe) - I was tooting his horn during the draft process and I shouldn't have. Hopefully I've learned from that mistake. No thanks.
AKA guys I'll probably be thinking about dropping during the rookie draft :shades:

Calvin Ridley

This is of course assuming his mental health is good and he is committed to football. If so, seems a perfect fit with Lawrence assending into top 10 QB range. I mean, look at how well Zay Jones has done this year and Ridley is way more talented. Plus, probably pretty cheap in drafts.
Ridley is a good call. My only concern if he makes it back both mentally and physically would be too many mouths to feed in that offense. Great for Trevor but not necessarily for Ridley’s fantasy value.
He's so head and shoulders better then anyone else they have I don't even remotely worry about the mouths to feed. He's going to explode.
He's also about to turn 29, and hasn't played football in a while. I'd be a little concerned about the other mouths to feed - but I do think he'll be worth significantly more in 2023 than he was in 2022, so appropriate for this topic for sure.

As an aside, if I were a Ridley shareholder, I would sell the second he steps on a field in 2023. I can't help but think there's another shoe to drop here - it was super suspicious at the time, and from his comments I didn't exactly get the impression that he thought he did anything wrong.

I picked him up and rostered him in both my keeper leagues and my contract dynasty (guy dropped him because he needed the contract years). I'm taking the opposite viewpoint and would be trying to trade for him since he is probably pretty cheap still. Elite route runner who should thrive with Lawrence in a Doug Peterson offense.

Not really worried about him being out the last year plus. Hopefully, he had time to contemplate how fortunate he is to get another chance to make millions playing a game and takes full advantage.

We shall see
Fair.

Also fair is that NFL history is rife with knuckleheads who continue to be knuckleheads and do knuckleheaded things.

While the betting incident was definitey a "knucklehead" move, I don't think it was malicious. Not like he beat up somebody in a bar or rolled somebody on the street to steal their watch. I get the NFL had to hand out a punishment, but the year he got was kind of excessive when you consider other punishments that were less for more egregious acts (DeShawn Watson anyone).

It calls into question the integrity of every game in the sport, and IMO rather than being excessive, I’d say he was lucky to have not been banned for life.

He wasn't playing when he made the bets. But they did involve the Falcons games. I would agree with you 100 percent if he had played in the game.

Ridley placed the bets during a period spanning Nov. 23-28, at a time when the receiver was away from the team on the non-football illness (NFI) list. He needed a break from football to focus on his mental well-being, he had written in an Oct. 31 statement.
Yeah, well, I’m not totally sure I believe that. There was a video compilation going around at the time that showed him actively trying to not score on sure-fire TD receptions - some of them preposterously inexplicable.

I believe he was gambling on games he played in - the evidence on the field seemed extremely clear. IMO that’s why they dropped the hammer on him.

I also believe his mental issues may have been “consciousness of guilt” or “anxiety that he was about to be exposed”.

It would be in the NFL’s best interest to sweep truly damning stuff under the rug, too, so what’s in the official statements can maybe be taken with a grain of salt.

I’m the complete opposite of a conspiracy theorist - but watching that dude completely beat coverage downfield and then inexplicably run backwards into a tackle seemed sus at the time, and then when it came out later that he’d gambled suddenly it made sense.

We don’t have to re-litigate it here, but I thought he deserved harsher than 1 year.

I feel like when it came out people were saying there was no guarantee he'd play again
He can apply in February for reinstatement and he will be reinstated. Unless it is proven he bet on games in which he played. Other than a couple u-tubers showing him "running backward" as proof he was trying to throw his yardage prop bets, nothing substantial. I looked at a few of the videos and it looks like every week NFL stuff of WRs trying for bigger plays by taking a step back. Nothing to see there
I think it's likely he gets re-instated.

I'm just not buying the guy. The small chance he isn't re-instates is one of many reasons. But it's a non-zero chance, IMO.

Calvin Ridley

We shall see
Fair.

It wasn’t just running backwards to hit the under on prop bets.

The most egregious was a play I watched happen live and was yelling “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” at my television.

He had 2 defenders beat deep. All he had to do was *literally* keep running. The ball hit him in stride, 20-some yards from paydirt.

. The second he caught it, you KNEW it was a TD. He had 3 yards+ of separation on the closest defender.

Instead he inexplicably tried to cut backwards around the trailing defender, and was predictably, easily tackled.

It’s a play that no WR makes. Not in high school, not in college, and certainly not in the NFL.

And it was more than a couple - he left at least 5 touchdowns on the field. If you watch those plays it’s not even debatable that the only reason he didn’t score was because he didn’t want to score.

Again: I’m not a conspiracy theorist at all. But watching those plays, there is no other explanation than that he did not score because he did not want to.

You could see Ryan watching and shaking his head in disbelief. Every time.
It’s not just about yardage overs/unders. He was either shaving points or otherwise trying to impact the score. Film don’t lie.

Then the next thing ya know he’s out with mental issues, and *boom*, suspended for gambling.

He may well be reinstated. I’ll never touch him again.

Say hello to D. Carr

I'll suggest D'Ernest Johnson, for when Hunt leaves CLE.
Both could leave. Both are UFA.

Maybe Jerome Ford then? It's really hard to get fully behind the Fords, Chandlers, and Ebners of the world with the glut of rb talent coming in.

I'm starting to feel ridiculous holding on to Zamir White and his 16 carries that the Raiders have seen fit to give him. Have to hold him until we see what happens with Jacobs, but seriously, when's the last time a rookie back has had only 16 carries in a relatively healthy season and gone on to matter?

Say hello to D. Carr
OH GOD NO!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calvin Ridley

We shall see
Fair.

It wasn’t just running backwards to hit the under on prop bets.

The most egregious was a play I watched happen live and was yelling “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” at my television.

He had 2 defenders beat deep. All he had to do was *literally* keep running. The ball hit him in stride, 20-some yards from paydirt.

. The second he caught it, you KNEW it was a TD. He had 3 yards+ of separation on the closest defender.

Instead he inexplicably tried to cut backwards around the trailing defender, and was predictably, easily tackled.

It’s a play that no WR makes. Not in high school, not in college, and certainly not in the NFL.

And it was more than a couple - he left at least 5 touchdowns on the field. If you watch those plays it’s not even debatable that the only reason he didn’t score was because he didn’t want to score.

Again: I’m not a conspiracy theorist at all. But watching those plays, there is no other explanation than that he did not score because he did not want to.

You could see Ryan watching and shaking his head in disbelief. Every time.
It’s not just about yardage overs/unders. He was either shaving points or otherwise trying to impact the score. Film don’t lie.

Then the next thing ya know he’s out with mental issues, and *boom*, suspended for gambling.

He may well be reinstated. I’ll never touch him again.
I saw the play too. Happens all the time in the NFL. Probably a bad decision but hardly proof he was throwing games. He sure looked like he was trying to score after taking it to the outside.

The NFL encourages gambling. Virtually every relevant player has a prop bet weekly and I would bet most of the prop bets are pretty close either way at the end of the day. If Ridley is reinstated, are people going to accuse him of throwing games every time he drops a pass that would have put him over this prop yardage? Gonna be rough for him if that is the case.

Sorry, but to say definitively that he intentially left 5 TDs on the field is way off base IMO. If there was any proof of it, the NFL would have suspended him for life. Unless, you think they are in on it too by covering for him. I love football and would be horrified if something like this was the case or if the league was truly motivated to have certain teams win. I question that all the time when I see how big games are officiated.

Maybe Jerome Ford then? It's really hard to get fully behind the Fords, Chandlers, and Ebners of the world with the glut of rb talent coming in.

I'm starting to feel ridiculous holding on to Zamir White and his 16 carries that the Raiders have seen fit to give him. Have to hold him until we see what happens with Jacobs, but seriously, when's the last time a rookie back has had only 16 carries in a relatively healthy season and gone on to matter?
Better question is how many RBs have had 2 ACL tears before reaching the NFL and amounted to anything?

Sorry, but to say definitively that he intentially left 5 TDs on the field is way off base IMO. If there was any proof of it, the NFL would have suspended him for life. Unless, you think they are in on it too by covering for him. I love football and would be horrified if something like this was the case or if the league was truly motivated to have certain teams win. I question that all the time when I see how big games are officiated.
At this point we don't know if it's for life. Maybe they don't reinstate him.

I saw all the proof I needed watching the games. Dude could have had 5 walk-in TDs and opted to not walk them in.

Better question is how many RBs have had 2 ACL tears before reaching the NFL and amounted to anything?
Raiders made him a 4th round pick after the ACLs, so that's probably the caliber of RB prospect where I place him with his injury history. However, how many relevant fantasy RBs were drafted in the 4th round or later and established no positive momentum in their rookie year?

Will hold on to Zeus since all of the Raiders carries this season went to a UFA. However, even if Jacobs walks I think Zamir's upside is a backup that might actually get to play next year.

At this point we don't know if it's for life. Maybe they don't reinstate him.

I saw all the proof I needed watching the games. Dude could have had 5 walk-in TDs and opted to not walk them in.
If that was really the case, it would being all over legitimate, main stream sports media. A player suspended for gambling with video proof that he did not complete 5 easy, walk in TDs would be pretty big news. Yet have never heard a word about it.

I still think he will be a good value next year after he is reinstated

Say hello to D. Carr
Way too young for the Colts. Maybe in 5-6 years

Say hello to D. Carr
Way too young for the Colts. Maybe in 5-6 years
May your daughter's back never see the light of day.

Frank Gore had 2 shoulder surgeries (both shoulders, IIRC) AND tore both ACLs (2001, then 2003) prior to entering the NFL.

He went on to an ok career, I guess. :shrug:
So, would you say that most will have an OK career? You can't pick one guy to make it all better.
No, I was just excited that there was a trivia question that I immediately knew the answer to.
:yes:

f that was really the case, it would being all over legitimate, main stream sports media. A player suspended for gambling with video proof that he did not complete 5 easy, walk in TDs would be pretty big news. Yet have never heard a word about it.

I still think he will be a good value next year after he is reinstated
Unless of course it was in the NFL's best interest to not make it into a big deal, in the interest of protecting the shield.

But they'd never sweep anything under the rug - that's just crazy talk, and completely unprecedented. Oh, wait. :doh:

Colts are trading up or at worst staying put and drafting a QB, IMO. It’s pretty obvious they went full-fledged tank after firing Reich and going with Saturday. Should give a nice bump to Taylor, Pittman and the others but Colts line went from one the best a few years ago to terrible in a hurry so need to fix that too.

I think if I was making a list that was not tied to FA I'd start with Lance and have Pickens next.

My comp for PIckens coming in was Dez Bryant. Dez did this in 12 games vs Pickens 15 but at this point in their rookie seasons their target load is almost dead equal.

Dez: 73/45/561/6

Pickens: 74/47/700/3

Not telling anyone here what they don't already know, that Pickens just needs to be more involved. I lived in the Dallas area when Dez was a rookie and I can recall people going nuts on sports radio that he was being under-utilized and Pickens has been even more under-utilized. I still believe strongly in the comp and fully expect PIckens role and ascension next season to grow.
Love this take. I drafted Pickens in redraft. Watched him all year. He has superstar written all over him. Just needs a QB and scheme to break out. Canada getting fired would help make that happen
As an owner I sure hope so, but I have to admit I'm not feeling as good as I was in the preseason. He's great at some things, but pretty bad at others, and his attitude is a bit of an issue. He's young so can certainly improve on all of it but really, if you want more targets then do a better job of getting open. Also have concerns about the offense, hopefully Canada gets canned but the QB is a major question mark still.

I kinda see the Dez comp, but more a poor man's Dez.

Colts are trading up or at worst staying put and drafting a QB, IMO. It’s pretty obvious they went full-fledged tank after firing Reich and going with Saturday. Should give a nice bump to Taylor, Pittman and the others but Colts line went from one the best a few years ago to terrible in a hurry so need to fix that too.
Are they about 1.5 now?

Are they about 1.5 now?
Yes. Looks like the perfect spot to take your guy Levis.

I think if I was making a list that was not tied to FA I'd start with Lance and have Pickens next.

My comp for PIckens coming in was Dez Bryant. Dez did this in 12 games vs Pickens 15 but at this point in their rookie seasons their target load is almost dead equal.

Not telling anyone here what they don't already know, that Pickens just needs to be more involved. I lived in the Dallas area when Dez was a rookie and I can recall people going nuts on sports radio that he was being under-utilized and Pickens has been even more under-utilized. I still believe strongly in the comp and fully expect PIckens role and ascension next season to grow.
Love this take. I drafted Pickens in redraft. Watched him all year. He has superstar written all over him. Just needs a QB and scheme to break out. Canada getting fired would help make that happen
As an owner I sure hope so, but I have to admit I'm not feeling as good as I was in the preseason. He's great at some things, but pretty bad at others, and his attitude is a bit of an issue. He's young so can certainly improve on all of it but really, if you want more targets then do a better job of getting open. Also have concerns about the offense, hopefully Canada gets canned but the QB is a major question mark still.

I'll agree to disagree with pretty much this whole post.

Tom Brady: Again, Brady is a FA this offseason, and he (like lebron) is only going to go to a team that is a QB away from winning it all. So, teams that have a chance for his services (outside of resigning w tampa) are Miami (don't discount the stephen ross love affair w Brady), San Fran (I doubt this), Arizona, or back to Tampa.

In all of those cases he is going to have some really good WRs and barring the injury bug that hit Tampa this year, an O Line.
With how bad he has been this year and with the overall QB landscape for fantasy I just don't see Brady increasing in value much.........especially in 1 QB leagues. He is 45+ and has looked bad. I don't see the fantasy community propping up his value regardless of where he goes.
I can foresee Brady going to NO along with Sean Payton and Gronk for one final run.

Payton worked well within the constraints of Brees’ declining arm strength….

Well, I do own him, so kinda hard to disagree with that. ;)

Do you seriously not have any concerns about the offense or Pickett? I don't see how anyone could not, they were dreadful this year so just becoming average would take a pretty huge leap. And Dez was simply a better prospect and physically superior to Pickens to better make up for their shared lack of separation.

But, I guess that's what makes the ff world spin around.

Do you seriously not have any concerns about the offense or Pickett? I don't see how anyone could not, they were dreadful this year so just becoming average would take a pretty huge leap. And Dez was simply a better prospect and physically superior to Pickens to better make up for their shared lack of separation.

I think Pickens’ lack of separation could be overblown — remember he didn’t get much healthy time in college to polish anything, let alone the fact that UGA may not have had the coaches to help him maximize various facets of his game (that team doesn’t have the O-scheme or history of sending out polished WR prospects). IF he has his head on straight, there’s no reason to believe he can’t improve on the areas he may not have had the opportunity to in college.

The bolded is true, lol, and I should have said I disagree with most of it. And I only said I disagree to disagree not to be rude but as a way to not get to carried away with us going back and forth in a thread about multiple players.

PIckens does not seperate that well at this point in his career. No argument from me on that. But I got to say IMO you are wrong on Dez because he could not separate very well either. Same for Metcalf, Alshon, Hopkins. Every single WR has some weakness and their are different ways for success and each of these WR's IMO fit into the they are open when they are not.

As for Dez being a physically better prospect:

Dez: 6'2", 225, 4.52 pro day forty.

Pickens: 6'3 and a 1/4", 195, 4.47 NFL combine.

Pickens is skinnier, taller and a little faster and Dez is thicker. None of that to me says Dez is a superior physical prospect and to be fair to PIckens he spent most of the year rehabbing an ACL or I think he might have tested better.

I think Pickens’ lack of separation could be overblown — remember he didn’t get much healthy time in college to polish anything, let alone the fact that UGA may not have had the coaches to help him maximize various facets of his game (that team doesn’t have the O-scheme or history of sending out polished WR prospects). IF he has his head on straight, there’s no reason to believe he can’t improve on the areas he may not have had the opportunity to in college.
I wouldn't say it's overblown since right now it's poor. Absolutely it can be improved, after all he is only a rookie so it would be beyond foolish to close the book on it. I was just commenting more on the notion that he's way under utilized and just needs to be more involved. Obviously being more involved will help, but there are other issues as well, some of them his own shortcomings.
The bolded is true, lol, and I should have said I disagree with most of it. And I only said I disagree to disagree not to be rude but as a way to not get to carried away with us going back and forth in a thread about multiple players.

PIckens does not seperate that well at this point in his career. No argument from me on that. But I got to say IMO you are wrong on Dez because he could not separate very well either. Same for Metcalf, Alshon, Hopkins. Every single WR has some weakness and their are different ways for success and each of these WR's IMO fit into the they are open when they are not.

As for Dez being a physically better prospect:

Dez: 6'2", 225, 4.52 pro day forty.

Pickens: 6'3 and a 1/4", 195, 4.47 NFL combine.

Pickens is skinnier, taller and a little faster and Dez is thicker. None of that to me says Dez is a superior physical prospect and to be fair to PIckens he spent most of the year rehabbing an ACL or I think he might have tested better.
I think you misread- I put Dez and Pickens in the same boat for lack of separation skills, I just said that Dez had a better body type to produce despite that weakness. He was much stockier, stronger, has longer arms and larger hands, and while not apples to apples because it was pro day numbers, he also had better jump numbers. Those things give you more of an advantage when you can't separate well from defenders.

As someone who’s had Akers in dynasty for years, this is his annual uptick time. For whatever reason his cycle is off-season hype, regular season disappoint, and the late season/NFL playoff explosion. Rinse and repeat. I want his value to stick, but if others still believe, might be sell time this off-season if I can find any takers.

My pick : Deshaun Watson. Reputation in the gutter, gets a few games late in the year to shake the rust and will enter next year with plenty of talent and opportunity to reclaim a top fantasy status.

There are going to be a lot of “I told ya so’s” about Jonathan Taylor and I expect his ADP to tank, but Indianapolis may not need to do much to make him first round worthy. A year ago, he was the best RB and the Colts were just a middling level offense. They don’t need to become a top 10 offense, they just have to not be in the cellar.

There are going to be a lot of “I told ya so’s” about Jonathan Taylor and I expect his ADP to tank, but Indianapolis may not need to do much to make him first round worthy. A year ago, he was the best RB and the Colts were just a middling level offense. They don’t need to become a top 10 offense, they just have to not be in the cellar.
I expect his value to stay about the same.

See CMC coming off a disastrous 2021 after a disastrous 2020, still a top 3 redraft pick.

I doubt Taylor drops in value so there isn’t much room to rise - we’ve seen the ceiling and it’s RB1.

Are they about 1.5 now?
Yes, but no guarantee the guy they want is there at 1.5. Houston will likely be picking a QB at 1 or 2, and I fully expect CHI to heavily entertain trading down as there are a lot of QB needy teams drafting early this year. Usually you have a few Chicago's where they already drafted their young QB in years prior but not this year. Houston, Seattle, Indy, Atlanta, Detroit, Carolina and now Las Vegas after benching Carr all are likely going to be looking at the QB's along with some later teams that may look to trade up like both NY teams. Indy could stay put at 1.5 and still get a guy though, especially as the hype has cooled on Stroud and some of the other QB prospects.

Are they about 1.5 now?
Yes, but no guarantee the guy they want is there at 1.5. Houston will likely be picking a QB at 1 or 2, and I fully expect CHI to heavily entertain trading down as there are a lot of QB needy teams drafting early this year. Usually you have a few Chicago's where they already drafted their young QB in years prior but not this year. Houston, Seattle, Indy, Atlanta, Detroit, Carolina and now Las Vegas after benching Carr all are likely going to be looking at the QB's along with some later teams that may look to trade up like both NY teams. Indy could stay put at 1.5 and still get a guy though, especially as the hype has cooled on Stroud and some of the other QB prospects.
Don't think the Giants are gonna be looking for a new one. The light bulb has turned on for D Jones. Look at his weapons....worst WR crew in the league. He needs help.

Are they about 1.5 now?
Don't think the Giants are gonna be looking for a new one. The light bulb has turned on for D Jones. Look at his weapons....worst WR crew in the league. He needs help.

This is going to be interesting to watch...if they had picked up his 5th year it probably would have been easier because it gives you another year to make sure you want to go all in with him...Jones has made nice strides this year but I still don't know if he is a guy they want to make a long-term commitment to (especially if it is for real $)...a franchise tag is possible and gives them one more year to kick the can down the road, but they may have to decide between Barkley and Jones with that if they can't sign Barkley...the article below mentions a short-term deal but there are a lot of QB needy teams right now so if he hits FA he could get a surprising offer...this is a monster decision for the Giants...they made big improvements in DaBoll's first year, now they need to decide if they can get to the next level with Jones as their QB.

Are they about 1.5 now?
Perhaps, they are on the cusp of making the playoffs for the first time in years with a gimme game against the Colts coming up. Going to be tough to move on after making the playoffs although I contend they only did because of a pretty weak schedule. They’ve also cooled off considerably from their hot start only winning 2 of their last 7 games.

I think you are probably right they stick with Jones but long term I think it’s a mistake. He’s improved from terrible but he’s still very middling, dead last in attempts over 20 yards, only averaging 6.6 ypa which is 26th in the NFL. Be interesting how they do his contract, do they franchise him? I can’t imagine they step up with the standard QB extension these days which is $40MM per year without seeing if he can duplicate this year. Plus do they pay Barkley to stay too?

Are they about 1.5 now?

This is going to be interesting to watch...if they had picked up his 5th year it probably would have been easier because it gives you another year to make sure you want to go all in with him...Jones has made nice strides this year but I still don't know if he is a guy they want to make a long-term commitment to (especially if it is for real $)...a franchise tag is possible and gives them one more year to kick the can down the road, but they may have to decide between Barkley and Jones with that if they can't sign Barkley...the article below mentions a short-term deal but there are a lot of QB needy teams right now so if he hits FA he could get a surprising offer...this is a monster decision for the Giants...they made big improvements in DaBoll's first year, now they need to decide if they can get to the next level with Jones as their QB.

Or what Boston said… lol.

Javonta Williams: I believe his value is as low as it is going to be right now. As reports come in about his progress and the shiny spin that will be on it through the off season his value will rise. Personally I wouldn't take a chance on him because I think his recovery will be closer to Dobbins than it was AP. From reports his knee was pretty torn up so I don't think his timeline will be on the short end but over the off season people will believe as positive reports (who gets negative reports?) come in and that will drive his value up. I am staying away though

I’d been a fan of Nico Collins since the 2021 draft process but after two years of seeing him in the NFL, I’m out. Has the size and athletic profile you want from a potential NFL WR1 but has been horribly inefficient with the targets he’s gotten and just doesn’t get yards. Any WR worth their salt has at least one 100-yard game to their name within their first two full seasons of action, and this guy doesn’t even have a 90-yard game. Houston, with their trash passing game, have had 8 different individual 100-yard performances (5 by Brandin Cooks, 2 by Chris Moore, and 1 by Danny Amendola). Also in 24 games played, Collins led the team in targets in only 3 of them. And to top it off he can’t seem to stay on the field. That’s not someone I put my confidence in.

John Metchie is the Texans WR I’d rather have as my dart throw. 2nd round draft capital (probably could’ve gone 1st round if not for the ACL), profiles as the modern NFL WR who gets it done through separation as opposed to having a size advantage. Better at his craft than Collins IMO. Metchie is an unknown in that we didn’t get to see him play this year and we still hope he recovers from leukemia. But if he is able to play next year I have more hopes for him (and for whoever the Texans draft at WR) than Collins at this point. Collins is still worth a flier depending on what’s available in your league but I’ve tempered my expectations considerably for him.

Javonta Williams: I believe his value is as low as it is going to be right now. As reports come in about his progress and the shiny spin that will be on it through the off season his value will rise. Personally I wouldn't take a chance on him because I think his recovery will be closer to Dobbins than it was AP. From reports his knee was pretty torn up so I don't think his timeline will be on the short end but over the off season people will believe as positive reports (who gets negative reports?) come in and that will drive his value up. I am staying away though
from what I’ve read he blew up his entire knee - it’s reportedly as bad or worse than Dobbins. If you’re planning a rebuild for 2024, or you’re deep enough to pay for him & carry dead weight for 1.5-2 years, sure - but otherwise I’d avoid.

I could see some hype built for Chig Okwonko, especially if Austin Hooper move along. I believe the latter is on a one year deal.

ETA: I like the idea of a flyer on John Metchie as well.

Trey McBride: Ertz coming off an ACL and Arizona getting a new coach and Kyler back. I could see the value of McBride going up over the off season. I wouldn't have an issue trying to get him on the cheap but I think as the off season goes along his value may start rising to the point he no longer becomes a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread