What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (1 Viewer)

I would love to play him but luckily have Charles, Richardson, and Bryce Brown. Gonna c how he looks and play him next week w confidence..that is if I make it through round 1

With Donald Brown out I am sorely tempted to roll with Vick Ballard over McFadden tonight.

Goodson is back, Reece has been preforming at a high level and McFadden wasn't lighting it up even before he went down.

I'm a "never bench your studs" kind of guy but I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I'm giving DMC the reverse kiss of death. I'm benching him for Sproles. GL to all you McFadden owners. Hope he goes off Bryce Brown style for you tonight. :thumbup:

Has everyone in this forum forgotten that McFadden was healthy and fresh for the first 8 or 9 weeks of the season and still sucked? The raiders idiotic zone blocking scheme has not changed, and not has mcfaddens ability to play well in it. I don't see McFadden coming "fresh" necessarily. He has had rest but that ankle I'm sure has a high risk of re injury and I'm sure it can't be at 100%. Also throw in that the broncos are a tough matchup and I'm staying away for week 14. Only BC I have a better option in Moreno. If it was b/w dmc and say beanie wells I could see how dmc would be the start.With that said I hope he explodes on my bench this week so I can start him with confidence in week 15 if I'm still in it.
I am in this boat. Playing Leshoure &amp; Spiller over him and Cobb as my flex. Getting a good game against denver and coming unscathed will give me some coinfidence for 15 &amp; 16.

Suppose DMC puts up lousier stats than Marcel Reece did while Marcel was starting. Like suppose DMC puts up less fantasy points and has a lower yards per carry than Reece.

If this happens, then DMC should get the benefit of the doubt for these two reasons: (1) 1st game back from a high ankle sprain. (2) Tough Broncos Run Defense.

Agreed?

So even if DMC doesn't put up solid or great numbers tonite, start him with confidence next week in week 15. And even better, if DMC puts up great numbers today, then start him with utter and complete confidence next week in week 15.

Yes!

Suppose DMC puts up lousier stats than Marcel Reece did while Marcel was starting. Like suppose DMC puts up less fantasy points and has a lower yards per carry than Reece.If this happens, then DMC should get the benefit of the doubt for these two reasons: (1) 1st game back from a high ankle sprain. (2) Tough Broncos Run Defense.Agreed?So even if DMC doesn't put up solid or great numbers tonite, start him with confidence next week in week 15. And even better, if DMC puts up great numbers today, then start him with utter and complete confidence next week in week 15.Yes!
why do you care so much about mcfadden? You dont even own him (you stated earlier in this thread that you traded him weeks ago). I also never see you post anywhere else. Its kinda weird and creepy. :sadbanana:

Forced to start him in my week 1 playoff game (either him or Beanie Wells...)

Hoping for 10 points in a PPR...

For perspective, I'm presently debating amongst McFadden, Montell Owens, and Dwayne Bower in a .5 ppr league and am not excited about it. McFadden seems like a weak flex play to me this week in a 12 team or less league.

I have no choice to start him at Flex with Shorts having concussion symptoms still. Will be starting him over Gordon

Forced to start him in my week 1 playoff game (either him or Beanie Wells...)Hoping for 10 points in a PPR...
DMC should get 10 points in a 1-pt PPR tonite. 4 swing pass receptions is 4 points right there. Just need another 60 yards combined from rushing and receiving. Marcel Reece did that all the time.

2 choices, Alex Green or DMC (.5 PRR)...

Woodyard is out but not sure if its that big of a difference, he had 1 solo and 5 assists in the 1st game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to go with DMC, Raiders played at home last week. Even Stewart had 5 YPC last week and road teams usually play worse on TNF.

Not sure why you guys would start Gordon over him. Seems like chasing last weeks points and he faces Brandon Flowers this week instead of the Raiders dreadful secondary.

With Donald Brown out, my only other options now would be Chris Ivory and Cedric Peerman. I read earlier that Peerman's still in a walking boot...

AFC West is a strange place.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a good McFadden FF output.

Unless you have a top 5 to 10 guy I don't know how you don't play him.

He is healthy; he has had plenty of rest so he is fresh. In a PPR league he is a must start. You may end up with a stat line of 60-75 combined yards and 0 td's, but that is the same for a lot of RB's that don't have the upside of McFadden.

Unless you have a top 5 to 10 guy I don't know how you don't play him. He is healthy; he has had plenty of rest so he is fresh. In a PPR league he is a must start. You may end up with a stat line of 60-75 combined yards and 0 td's, but that is the same for a lot of RB's that don't have the upside of McFadden.
ya i think this too. lots of ppl are debating wr3 and flex rbs and it seems like dmac is the easy play.

Why is he a must start in PPR? Guy hasn't done much catching the ball since Week 1. Please explain?
Probably has more to do with the Raider starting RB as of late has produced a high level RB1 over the past month more than anything McFadden's done. McFadden, albeit mediocre this year by and large, also has high level RB production in the past.I think McFadden's reception production will be hurt by Reece back in his hybrid role. I don't see Reece getting more than a handful of carries however. With the dearth of RB's getting 15+ carries (which is what I expect from McFadden), I have a hard time placing him outside the RB2 territory. Hence, I'd call him a must start (I'm not considering/degrading him into the flex territory)12 team leagues, 2 RB start leagues (24 min RB's are starting), I have a hard time ranking McFadden below the likes of:Beanie/Jags RB/Ballard/Al.Green/Mathews/DeAngelo/Dwyer/Bush/Greene (subject to opinions of course, but I'd start him over all these guys)

Why is he a must start in PPR? Guy hasn't done much catching the ball since Week 1. Please explain?
Probably has more to do with the Raider starting RB as of late has produced a high level RB1 over the past month more than anything McFadden's done. McFadden, albeit mediocre this year by and large, also has high level RB production in the past.I think McFadden's reception production will be hurt by Reece back in his hybrid role. I don't see Reece getting more than a handful of carries however. With the dearth of RB's getting 15+ carries (which is what I expect from McFadden), I have a hard time placing him outside the RB2 territory. Hence, I'd call him a must start (I'm not considering/degrading him into the flex territory)12 team leagues, 2 RB start leagues (24 min RB's are starting), I have a hard time ranking McFadden below the likes of:Beanie/Jags RB/Ballard/Al.Green/Mathews/DeAngelo/Dwyer/Bush/Greene (subject to opinions of course, but I'd start him over all these guys)
Only guy I'd argue with is greene. #31 ranked rush defense, gives up 2 most pts to rbs. Gonna have a ton of carries and hes been running strong lately.

I am having a difficult time starting McFadden tonight. I am not doubting his health, it's the matchup that worries me. Broncos defense has been very good vs RBs. Earlier this season when Oak played Denver, Denver got up and McFadden was taken out of the gameplan with Palmer slinging it around. Also, McFadden wasn't getting the receptions that Reece got prior to his injury.

I am considering starting Bilal Powell over McFadeen. Can't believe I am considering this, but Powell's matchup at Jax is much better. Jets will pound the ball and I think Powell is the safer play this week.

Starting Ballard over him in a .5 PPR league as my flex. Need him to prove health and shake off the rust. Should I survive, and he does as well, I plan to have him back in the fold for week 15.

I'm torn but starting DMC over Wells, Owens and Reese but considering those options.....I plan on being

perched to start thowing things at the TV screen

Saw a tweet that said the plan is to get McFadden 20+ touches.
Link?
Wouldn't be shocking. He saw 20 touches in 5 of 7 complete games he's played in. Jeremy Stewart inactive. Goodson hasn't had more than 4 carries this year when healthy (and he's also just not returning to lineup as well)I really don't expect more than a handful of carries for Reece just based on how they used him this past week (with Stewart in the backfield). He was playing his hybrid FB/slot role at the midpoint of the game (with Stewart lining up at RB).If McFadden doesn't see 20 touches, it's probably more a product of the Raiders not staying in the game long enough to run enough.

Link?
Wouldn't be shocking. He saw 20 touches in 5 of 7 complete games he's played in. Jeremy Stewart inactive. Goodson hasn't had more than 4 carries this year when healthy (and he's also just not returning to lineup as well)I really don't expect more than a handful of carries for Reece just based on how they used him this past week (with Stewart in the backfield). He was playing his hybrid FB/slot role at the midpoint of the game (with Stewart lining up at RB).If McFadden doesn't see 20 touches, it's probably more a product of the Raiders not staying in the game long enough to run enough.
:excited: I really am. This is my season on the line, for anyone who cares. I can live with it if he throws out a dud tonight, I signed up for it by drafting him. But having the stones to put him in if he goes off, that's the kind of move that can advance playoff teams.

Link?
Wouldn't be shocking. He saw 20 touches in 5 of 7 complete games he's played in. Jeremy Stewart inactive. Goodson hasn't had more than 4 carries this year when healthy (and he's also just not returning to lineup as well)I really don't expect more than a handful of carries for Reece just based on how they used him this past week (with Stewart in the backfield). He was playing his hybrid FB/slot role at the midpoint of the game (with Stewart lining up at RB).

If McFadden doesn't see 20 touches, it's probably more a product of the Raiders not staying in the game long enough to run enough.
:excited: I really am.

This is my season on the line, for anyone who cares. I can live with it if he throws out a dud tonight, I signed up for it by drafting him. But having the stones to put him in if he goes off, that's the kind of move that can advance playoff teams.
:goodposting: HELLZ YEAH!!1!

I'm poppin' a McFaddy :pickle:

Any locals in the know have any idea how credible this Rick Tofur guy is?
Vic Tafur.He's just a beat writer. Someone asked his opinion and he gave it. Nothing coming from the coaching staff, but 20+ touches wouldn't surprise me.
Name memory fail on my part.

This is my season on the line, for anyone who cares. I can live with it if he throws out a dud tonight, I signed up for it by drafting him. But having the stones to put him in if he goes off, that's the kind of move that can advance playoff teams.
:goodposting:I just reversed course and put him in my lineup tonight over Sproles.I'd rather stew for 3 days about starting him when I shouldn't have then have him go off from my bench, lose my playoff game b/c of it, and spend 9 months stewing over how *censored* stupid I was to bench a stud like D-Mac in a playoff game. :hot:

Good luck to all McFadden owners with the balls (or thenlack of choices) to start him tonight.

I hope he blows up so I can start with confidence week 15 if I'm still in it.

He ain't touching my lineup this week. Moreno, trich, and spiller locked and loaded over him this week. He has to earn my trust back.

Suppose DMC puts up lousier stats than Marcel Reece did while Marcel was starting. Like suppose DMC puts up less fantasy points and has a lower yards per carry than Reece.If this happens, then DMC should get the benefit of the doubt for these two reasons: (1) 1st game back from a high ankle sprain. (2) Tough Broncos Run Defense.Agreed?So even if DMC doesn't put up solid or great numbers tonite, start him with confidence next week in week 15. And even better, if DMC puts up great numbers today, then start him with utter and complete confidence next week in week 15.Yes!
why do you care so much about mcfadden? You dont even own him (you stated earlier in this thread that you traded him weeks ago). I also never see you post anywhere else. Its kinda weird and creepy. :sadbanana:
Has 110 total posts. 52 are in this thread. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread