What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Alshon Jeffery - The Bandwagon (4 Viewers)

Alshon Jeffery (foot) is practicing in full for Week 10. 

This was expected for Jeffery, who hasn't played since Week 13 last year. Jeffery should return on a limited snap count Sunday. He's behind at least Travis Fulgham and rookie Jalen Reagor for targets.

Nov 11, 2020, 5:22 PM ET

Anyone thinking about either rostering him or even playing him as early as this week? 

Have things changed in Philly? Is ht e 4th or 5th best option presently?

Eagles WR Alshon Jeffery (calf) practiced in full Friday. 

It looks like the oft-injured veteran will play his first game since early December 2019. Probably he'll be behind Travis Fulgham and Jalen Reagor in the team's receiver pecking order, making Jeffrey a fringe fantasy play against the Giants. He should be rostered in leagues with multiple flex spots. 

SOURCE: Philadelphia Eagles on Twitter 

Nov 13, 2020, 4:19 PM ET

Anyone thinking about either rostering him or even playing him as early as this week? 

I was not thinking about doing that no. Jeffrey is pretty much dead to me, has been for a few years now.

Things haven't changed yet. Maybe they do change with Jeffrey back. It sounds like Miles Sanders will play so my guess would be Jeffrey is the 5th option as Ertz is out, otherwise he would be the 6th.

IF Jeffrey does have a big game in the next few weeks you could try to flip him for something I suppose. With his injury track record I do not expect him to stay healthy long.

Scooped him up when practice report said “full”.

im starting Mooney on MN as I wanna see what old man river looks like post-surgery/rehab, but I could see him becoming the top target for a target-starved Eagles.

His hands were never in question, but I’m curious about how well he moves these days. 

Wait and see is my approach. I’m not desperate for him this week, but he could be a BYE week flex if he looks good.

I’m mostly excited as a Miles Sanders owner. More receivers opens things up on the ground.

Scooped him up when practice report said “full”.

im starting Mooney on MN as I wanna see what old man river looks like post-surgery/rehab, but I could see him becoming the top target for a target-starved Eagles.

His hands were never in question, but I’m curious about how well he moves these days. 
Really don't see that happening. On the outside you think talented WR coming back to a lineup that's been playing rookies and waiver wire guys sign me up. However, Fulgham has been as good a WR as anyone not named Adams this past 1.5 months. Reagor and Goedert are back healthy and Sanders is back too. Add in all the rumors of Alshon bad mouthing the QB to Josina Anderson and he's not exactly a popular guy with Carson anyway. 

Really don't see that happening. On the outside you think talented WR coming back to a lineup that's been playing rookies and waiver wire guys sign me up. However, Fulgham has been as good a WR as anyone not named Adams this past 1.5 months. Reagor and Goedert are back healthy and Sanders is back too. Add in all the rumors of Alshon bad mouthing the QB to Josina Anderson and he's not exactly a popular guy with Carson anyway. 
Again, we will see what happens. Jeffrey is an underrated receiver with good hands, and Wentz may well have faith in him to go up and get the ball in coverage. His receiving ability is in a different category as the others you’d mentioned. If he can still go up and make those high point contested catches, he’s going to be useful for the Eagles, and for FF, even if he’s reduced to a possession-type receiver. 

I am not making predictions as I haven’t seen him play since before the injury. But he’s always had a good work ethic, and he could come in and provide Wentz with a good target. Also reliable in the red zone in his career.

it all depends on his health & how well a 30 year old recovers from soft tissue lower leg injuries.

I won’t start him this week, but I think he’s worth a speculative add if you have a need. At this point in the season there often aren’t many great options on the FA list. 

Alshon Jeffery failed to catch his lone target in the Eagles' Week 10 loss to the Giants.

Jeffery was a non-factor in his return from a foot injury. He's playing behind Jalen Reagor and Travis Fulgham on the perimeter. Jeffery should not be rostered outside of the deepest of fantasy leagues.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Alshon Jeffery caught 2-of-4 targets for 15 yards in the Eagles' Week 12 loss to the Seahawks.

They were Jeffery's first two catches of the season in his third game back from leg injuries. Jeffery remains well off the fantasy radar and is likely closing out his Eagles career in December.

Dec 1, 2020, 1:36 AM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles will release Alshon Jeffery when the new league year begins.

Jeffery was a hero in the City of Brotherly Love during the team's 2017 Super Bowl run but was inexplicably gifted a contract extension two years ago and has since been unable to stay healthy for a full 16-game season. He totaled just six catches for 115 yards and a touchdown last year, recovering from offseason foot surgery at the ripe age of 31. He'll inevitably join DeSean Jackson as veteran free agents on the open market.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Feb 22, 2021, 4:26 PM ET

Eagles released WR Alshon Jeffery. 

Designated a post-June 1 cut, Jeffery had previously restructured his contract to help create more savings for this inevitable move. Now 31, Jeffery endured a disastrous 2019-20 as injury and ineffectiveness fed off of each other. It has been seven years since Jeffery's most recent 1,000-yard season. Beset by lower-body woes, Jeffery's explosiveness is just about dried up. He will try to revive his career as a role-playing perimeter winner.  

RELATED: 

Philadelphia Eagles

Mar 17, 2021, 7:12 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread