What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (6 Viewers)

I think this is a move about blocking for Allen more than anything else. James Cook has been an atrocious blocker (53rd out of 54 qualifying RBs per PFF) and while Murray is 11th, he hasn't been offering anything else.

Ultimately, I think James Cook keeps getting his 15-ish touches every week, but Fournette's presence makes it less likely those are receptions as Cook is less likely to be on the field now.

Fantasy wise, I think Fournette is close to useless without an injury to Cook.

I think this is a move about blocking for Allen more than anything else. James Cook has been an atrocious blocker (53rd out of 54 qualifying RBs per PFF) and while Murray is 11th, he hasn't been offering anything else.

Ultimately, I think James Cook keeps getting his 15-ish touches every week, but Fournette's presence makes it less likely those are receptions as Cook is less likely to be on the field now.

I think this is a reasonable take. This is a pass first team that relies on Allen's arm and legs, and he's been banged up the past two years while currently nursing a sore shoulder. The signing of Lenny very well be as much about protecting Josh than anything.

Wasn't Courgette a well below average pass blocker last time he was playing regularly though?

Seem to remember him being near bottom of the stat heap for that particular attribute.

Wasn't Courgette a well below average pass blocker last time he was playing regularly though?

Seem to remember him being near bottom of the stat heap for that particular attribute.
He was pretty bad at it in 2022, but historically pretty solid at it. Brady trusted him.

ETA: I don't think he's a lock to be ahead of Latavius Murray in the depth chart.

agreed. if Fournette takes over the starting job it will take some weeks. it may not even happen this season.
but I do think as soon as he learns the third down playbook he will be in as the RB on those plays. hes good on picking up the blitz and can catch passes. perfect skillset for a third down back. I still am concerned about the lis franc, but with low usage it might be ok.

Joe Oricco
Leonard Fournette

James Cook has scored over 8.5 fantasy points one time in the last five weeks…

The Bills are in need of an offensive playmaker…

A guy who can score TDs at will and catch passes out of the backfield…

His name is Leonard Fournette.
That's really unfair to Cook.
Why? What has he done?
He's not really used much. When he has been he's produced more than not. A rb that's never in the game inside the 20 yard line is probably not going to light up the scoreboard.

agreed. if Fournette takes over the starting job it will take some weeks. it may not even happen this season.
but I do think as soon as he learns the third down playbook he will be in as the RB on those plays. hes good on picking up the blitz and can catch passes. perfect skillset for a third down back. I still am concerned about the lis franc, but with low usage it might be ok.
Allen doesn't check it down on 3rd down.

if Fournette takes over the starting job it will take some weeks. it may not even happen this season.
If Fournette takes over the starting job the entire Buffalo coaching staff should be fired. Lenny is cooked and was passed on by essentially every team, some twice given injuries etc.

if Fournette takes over the starting job it will take some weeks. it may not even happen this season.
If Fournette takes over the starting job the entire Buffalo coaching staff should be fired. Lenny is cooked and was passed on by essentially every team, some twice given injuries etc.
Idk, he's rested and I could see him channeling "Playoff Lenny" for one last hurrah. I've got him stashed in a couple of leagues.

if Fournette takes over the job its because the existing RB are not getting the job done.

but I will say hes an underrated player. for sure hes a good pass protector and pass catcher. (so 3rd down role for sure) if his lis franc issue is sorted hes also a good short yardage guy.

what i dont know is what kind of shape he is in. last year I was concerned about his weight going into camp. not sure if the lis franc had something to do with that but playing at a lighter weight probably reduces some of the risk of this injury re-occurring. It probably also means his chances of getting the starting job is better.

Last year he rolled into camp a fair bit larger than he should have been I have no doubt this hindered him in some respects. you need to keep this in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread