What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (5 Viewers)

Pulling for him for some reason. I hate watching guys who still want to play and the league just hasn't called.

Haven't quite gotten that down about football yet.

Baseball has a grace to its endings most times -- a fading into the twilight. Hockey players lose a step or two, hang around by savvy and then retire. Same with basketball players. But football? There's an unfortunate cliff and some guys just hit it.

I'd like to see what a motivated Fournette could do this year.

When I saw videos of him coming out of HS I thought he would be a generation type of guy, but that wasn't to be. He had a nice career, but not nearly what I thought it would be.
Agreed. He's had some nice seasons but strictly as a volume guy IMO. But he has always looked like a, mostly, pedestrian runner and receiver.

When I saw videos of him coming out of HS I thought he would be a generation type of guy, but that wasn't to be. He had a nice career, but not nearly what I thought it would be.
Agreed. He's had some nice seasons but strictly as a volume guy IMO. But he has always looked like a, mostly, pedestrian runner and receiver.
4net has impressed me two times throughout his career. AFC championship game and playoff run, Lenny put that team on his back for that stretch. 2 years ago he seemed possessed and was really bringing it, had me worried that I moved him during a stretch that year. I do not think he can return to what he was either of those years.

I read somewhere that was his current weight. If not true let me know.
He was at a charity camp yesterday and did not look that heavy to me. I don't know for sure but 260 should look bigger than that to me.

Is Fournette worth anything if he signs in Miami?
Maybe, but I don't see it happening. McDaniel is a direct descendent from the SF coaching philosophy and I think Miami is perfectly capable of rolling a combination of Mostert, Wilson Jr and Achane out there and being productive. If Mostert or Wilson were to go down, a signing could happen but - Leonard Fournette has everydown back skills but zero gas left in the tank. IMO.

Maybe, but I don't see it happening. McDaniel is a direct descendent from the SF coaching philosophy and I think Miami is perfectly capable of rolling a combination of Mostert, Wilson Jr and Achane out there and being productive. If Mostert or Wilson were to go down, a signing could happen but - Leonard Fournette has everydown back skills but zero gas left in the tank. IMO.
Wilson when on IR today. Achane has a boo boo on his shoulder.

Wilson when on IR today. Achane has a boo boo on his shoulder.
Oops, missed that about Wilson - wouldn't there be better options outside of Fournette?

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports free agent RB Leonard Fournette “has interest from multiple teams, but he isn’t visiting the Bills (or anyone else)” on Tuesday.

The problem with Fournette is fitness. How long will it take for him to shed some weight and get into playing shape? I think he may offer a team some rotational value in the meantime.

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports free agent RB Leonard Fournette “has interest from multiple teams, but he isn’t visiting the Bills (or anyone else)” on Tuesday.

Free-agent RB Leonard Fournette has interest from multiple teams, but he isn’t visiting the #Bills (or anyone else) today.

“Lombardi Lenny” is in great shape and will be ready to help someone down the stretch.

Shocked that he is only 28 as he looked that old at LSU. That being said, it is not out of the realm of possibility that he contributes meaningful fantasy points come playoff time.

Bills looking to sign the only RB slower than Murray.
I like this. We gotta get slower team speed and the only way to accomplish that is to sign Fournette. Slow it down boys. Ha ha. I know it's been mentioned it should have an affect on Cooks touches, but who knows. I can see Fournette getting 5-8 carries a game with 2 receptions. That affects both. Imo

Here is why having good league rules matter. In one of the leagues I commish I picked up LF and dropped Aiden O'Connell, who's game hasn't played yet and LF was still listed as a FA. Then I looked at our rules and see this before anyone else replied - Only close the WW (adds) for player's whos game has started or played. Leave open add/drops for all other players until Monday night game starts. You cannot pickup a player who's game has already played, even if that player was signed after his team has played and before the waiver process. That player must go to the waiver process.

So I reversed my add/drop.
This signing is pending a physical, but our rules still apply since he signed with Buffalo today. We run waivers on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Screw it. Dropped Singletary for Fournette in a redraft PPR with loose waivers that allowed me to pick him up because Buffalo hasn’t yet played. He could be nothing, or maybe he’ll be something. If he’s truly washed and weighs into his physical like Vince Wilfork, I’ll just drop for the next handcuff/lottery ticket. All for taking stabs at upside this time of the season.

Screw it. Dropped Singletary for Fournette in a redraft PPR with loose waivers that allowed me to pick him up because Buffalo hasn’t yet played. He could be nothing, or maybe he’ll be something. If he’s truly washed and weighs into his physical like Vince Wilfork, I’ll just drop for the next handcuff/lottery ticket. All for taking stabs at upside this time of the season.
Buffalo hasn't played yet...hmmm

The Bills have played already. We’re still in week 8. That’s why I have very defined rules for this very situation. See above post. Very dicey, so you have to be specific with your rules for situations like this.

The Bills have played already. We’re still in week 8. That’s why I have very defined rules for this very situation. See above post. Very dicey, so you have to be specific with your rules for situations like this.
I meant he hasn’t played yet. Oops!

Either way, I nabbed him before Sleeper changed his team designation to the Bills, as soon as the news broke. Fair game because he didn’t even pass the physical yet.

As of right now, 5:46pm EST Sleeper still doesn’t list him as a Bill.

Either way, I nabbed him before Sleeper changed his team designation to the Bills, as soon as the news broke. Fair game because he didn’t even pass the physical yet.

Like I said it’s dicey. That’s why we have rules in place to handle this. In our case he cannot be picked up as a FA and must go through waivers. If your league wants to allow him to be picked up fine, but IMO you should have this situation covered in your rules. We had a big stink over a similar situation years ago and made sure it was handled in the rules. Let us know if this starts a big stink in your league.

Like I said it’s dicey. That’s why we have rules in place to handle this. In our case he cannot be picked up as a FA and must go through waivers. If your league wants to allow him to be picked up fine, but IMO you should have this situation covered in your rules. We had a big stink over a similar situation years ago and made sure it was handled in the rules.
My league’s pretty go with the flow so no one’s upset with it. But if they were, I’d throw the fish back into the calm waters of the WW, with no hard feelings. Better to lose a prospect than create league drama.

I guess I’m lucky to be in such a chill league. And if someone beat me to him, I would have saluted them; everyone plays by the same rules and could have had him.

Don't get this signing. What exactly is Fournette giving you at this point that Murray doesn't?

Probably more than the 3.5 yards per carry you're currently getting from Murray.

While I'm not a huge fan of YPC as a useful metric, Murray is averaging 3.6 and Fournette posted 3.5 last season.

Lactose has always been around 4.2-4.5 the last 4 years, he's sort of a zombie RB. You're never proud he's on your team but he had functional stretches.

Not so much this season.

Imma go wash my hands now.

Users who are viewing this thread