What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Alfred Blue - RB Houston merged thread (3 Viewers)

Not certain - with the game on SNF, we won’t know until after the 4pm games start, so it’s a tough call.
Yep, nothing is for certain. The Texans are reportedly "pessimistic" about his chances of playing, so I'd put money on him being out, but until it's official anything can happen.

Shefter:With Lamar Miller nursing a chest injury, Alfred Blue will start tonight at running back for the Texans, per source. Miller will be active, but is “not likely to play,” per source.

I'm in a semi-deep leaegue with not much on waivers/FA.  I own Miller.  Added Blue for this scenario.  

Solid day catching balls. Might be a flex pick up. I'd love to think Foreman can come back and challenge for the starting role, but he never blew my doors off and I'm more swayed by the medical studies that show how hard it is for players coming back and being successful this soon after the kind of Achilles blow out he had.

ETA about picking Blue up for the flex -- anyone know how much he is used when Miller is starting? Is he used as a COP passing down back? With Miller likely healthy soon, it's not as if he will light the world on fire, but with all three backs soon in rotation, wonder if and how Blue might retain value based on this performance and his past usage as a potential receiving back in PPR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got Miller in 2-3 leagues.  Blue in those same leagues.  Maybe Miller has a great game against Dallas too.  But he hasn't looked all that great all year.  I have watched 1 Texans game, but reading it sounds like Watson is under constant pressure.  We've seen a designed effort to get Keke Coutee the ball underneath.  Now you see a game with so many passes to the RB.  Feels like the starting RB should be in line for a lot of pass work.

I've got Miller in 2-3 leagues.  Blue in those same leagues.  Maybe Miller has a great game against Dallas too.  But he hasn't looked all that great all year.  I have watched 1 Texans game, but reading it sounds like Watson is under constant pressure.  We've seen a designed effort to get Keke Coutee the ball underneath.  Now you see a game with so many passes to the RB.  Feels like the starting RB should be in line for a lot of pass work.
Like... the involvement of the TE and RB out of the backfield is something BOB and Watson should've been doing all year. Yet this is the 1st game he's heavily targeted the TE and RBs this season, I don't understand why it took this long. I'm a Miller owner and I can see Blue has earned a least a committee role in this backfield, and arguably the right to lead it.

Users who are viewing this thread