What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Alfred Blue - RB Houston merged thread (2 Viewers)

Gotta decide between him and Mathews. Leaning Blue just bc Mathews isn't in game shape yet.

Cleveland has given up 4.67 YPC to Darren McFadden, Bobby Rainey and Jeremy Hill the last three weeks. Blue will be a solid RB2.

For whatever it's worth, PPR league, just dealt Blue to Foster's owner for Kyle Rudolph. I lack a big 5 TE and am hoping to solidify that position heading into the playoffs. I was already deep at RB

Cant decide Blue or Sankey,
Had the same decision, went Blue. Sankey has looked unremarkable, is definitively not the 3rd down back and so far, has not gotten the ball at the goal line. Also Pitt is a neutral matchup, and Cleveland is a plus matchup. Just seems like higher upside on Blue.

That said, I am a huge underdog in my game. If I was a favorite, I might think about going the other way, because while Sankey may be mediocre Blue may be terrible,and could put up 2 points today.

Yeah, that's the kicker. McKinnon could have a big day versus Bears.
I am in the same boat but have sankey, blue, mason, McKinnon, Mathews and asiata to sort through. Overall a big pile of meh so might just draw out of a hat. But playing against the bears is awfully tempting.

need2know said:
T J said:
flapgreen said:
Yeah, that's the kicker. McKinnon could have a big day versus Bears.
I picked up the Bears this week with Ravens on bye. I just have a hunch about them this week.
Their def? Are you trying to lose for playoff seeding position or something?
Cold weather, at home, against a rookie QB, and they were due to finally play well at home. They only gave up 13pts with 2 sacks and an INT. I'm good with that. Not spectacular or anything but defenses are a little hit or miss anyhow so the 16pts they gave me was cool with me.

After he got it down there, he got vultered by Watt on 1st and goal from the 2. I think he had like 50 yards in the 1st Q. Was looking good from the start vs a D that shut down Hill last week.

flapgreen said:
Only reason I'm leaning Blue is he will get the most volume.
yeah I guess if you consider 36 carries a lot of volume. SHEESH! I woulda been happy with half that.

Okay so I have a problem - the whole fantasy season we've been told by certain FBG guru's to stash players like Alfred Blue incase the starter goes down.

Here we are week 11 - Foster is unlikely to play and now all I am hearing is don't start Blue!!!

I'm kinda peeved cause the only reason I've been carrying him is because FBG content has been touting him as a great stash.

Thoughts?
Still peeved?

After he got it down there, he got vultered by Watt on 1st and goal from the 2. I think he had like 50 yards in the 1st Q. Was looking good from the start vs a D that shut down Hill last week.
I wouldn't phrase things in a way that suggests this was a good run defense Houston faced today. The majority of the season they haven't been very good against the run, and then had some key injuries this week (Taylor) and during the game (Dansby their leading tackler) that made it even worse for Cleveland.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the soft tissue A. Foster has been dealing with the past couple years is so bruised and worn it will ever heal fully. Seems like he has been nursing a hammy/groin for several years now.

I wouldn't phrase things in a way that suggests this was a good run defense Houston faced today. The majority of the season they haven't been very good against the run, and then had some key injuries this week (Taylor) and during the game (Dansby their leading tackler) that made it even worse for Cleveland.
Announcers during the game said Clev was 30 out of 32 in run defense ypc going into the game. Haven't checked if that was accurate

Do we have any chance for next week? Saw on news feed Foster expected to play but heard that before too.

Announcers during the game said Clev was 30 out of 32 in run defense ypc going into the game. Haven't checked if that was accurate
It was. They were allowing 4.7 a clip coming into this game.

Do we have any chance for next week? Saw on news feed Foster expected to play but heard that before too.
he apparently did some work on friday. not sure if he was actually credited with a limited practice or if it as just side work. regardless, i think that gives him a decent shot. proly around 5050. obv we will know a lot more when practice time rolls around. i would def not be banking on him.

Hell no this isn't a good Rushing D. Wouldn't want to give that impression. The did shut down Hill tho.
They didn't shut down Hill. Dalton did. Hill was 11-55, i.e. 5 ypc. After he fumbled (he has a history of not fumbling) they decided to pass a lot even though Dalton couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and just dug them deeper into the abyss. They should have road Hill a lot more against one of the worst run Ds.

Hill had something like 8 for 22 in the 1st Q on pace for 32 carries. Started off Q2 with a fumble. Not going to go back to check but Blue had almost 100 yards in the first half and I think he had 48 or more in the 1st Q. Big difference.

It was. They were allowing 4.7 a clip coming into this game.
And they lost MLB Karlos Dansby and OLB Jabaal Sheard in the game after already being down DLs Phil Taylor, Armonty Bryant and John Hughes.

I own Alfred Blue, but I'm not overreacting to this game.

Users who are viewing this thread