What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Predict the playoff schedule (1 Viewer)

Capella

Footballguy
Hard to do because if Buffalo wins they play Pitt and if Miami wins they play Buffalo again but I’ll do mine as if Buffalo wins tonight.

Sat

4:30

Browns at Texans

AFC South should always get this game.

8:00

Rams at Lions

No premier draw on Peacock, but the NFL will still give them an awesome matchup to sell.

Sunday

1:00

Miami at KC

Green Bay at Dallas

Seems like a 4:30 on Sunday late-season game to me.

SNF

Pittsburgh at Buffalo

MNF

Philly at Tampa

I missed every single one of these last year so I’m going back to back.

Last edited:
Saturday

4:30:

Rams at Lions

Green Bay at Dallas

Sunday

Cleveland at Houston

Philly at Tampa

Miami at KC

Monday Night

Pittsburgh at Buffalo

Saturday

4:30 Philadelphia at Tampa Bay

8:00 Pittsburgh at Buffalo

Sunday

1:00 Cleveland at Houston

4:30 Green Bay at Dallas

8:00 Los Angeles Rams at Detroit

MNF

Miami at Kansas City

Hard to do because if Buffalo wins they play Pitt and if Miami wins they play Buffalo again but I’ll do mine as if Buffalo wins tonight.

Sat

Browns at Texans

Rams at Lions

No premier draw on Peacock, but the NFL will still give them an awesome matchup to sell.

Sunday

Philly at Tampa

Green Bay at Dallas

SNF

Pittsburgh at Buffalo

MNF

Miami at Kansas City

Last year defied almost everything that we historically knew about which time slots were the most valuable, so I have no idea wtf will happen this year.

Saturday

4:30 Philadelphia at Tampa Bay

8:00 Pittsburgh at Buffalo

Sunday

1:00 Cleveland at Houston

4:30 Green Bay at Dallas

8:00 Los Angeles Rams at Detroit

MNF

Miami at Kansas City
This makes sense with the 3 worst games leading each day and Peacock.

Sat

Browns at Texans

Rams at Lions

Sunday

Philly at Tampa

Green Bay at Dallas

SNF

Pittsburgh at Buffalo

MNF

Miami at Kansas City

Last year defied almost everything that we historically knew about which time slots were the most valuable, so I have no idea wtf will happen this year.
Yes they really went off the grid. I remember being shocked Brady vs Dallas was MNF.

Not loving the Browns playing at 4:30 PM on a Saturday it seems Houston always gets this slot.

Cousin Sal mentioned on Simmons podcast today that every single time Houston has made the playoffs they've been in the Saturday 4:30 slot. I think that's more a function of the AFC South being ratings poison than anything else

Cousin Sal mentioned on Simmons podcast today that every single time Houston has made the playoffs they've been in the Saturday 4:30 slot. I think that's more a function of the AFC South being ratings poison than anything else

Obv I will sound biased, but it's a compliment to our opponent too..

If you love FOOTBALL, there are few better matchups this round than HOU v CLE.

I forgot that they usually have the 4/5 game on MNF so that they know the round 2 schedule by Sunday night, so I changed my original picks.
Yeah I don't think it would work otherwise. It's unfair to make a team play on Monday night and then again on Saturday, so you want to put the winner of that game on the following Sunday. Which means you'd have two games where you wouldn't know until late Monday who was playing and in what city.

Obv I will sound biased, but it's a compliment to our opponent too..

If you love FOOTBALL, there are few better matchups this round than HOU v CLE.
Agreed. If we're going by worst on-field matchups, Philly-Tampa and Miami-KC are way crappier

Did they really do 3 straight AFC to open, followed by 3 straight NFC? They couldn't figure out a way to alternate conferences??

Did they really do 3 straight AFC to open, followed by 3 straight NFC? They couldn't figure out a way to alternate conferences??
Why would you want conferences to be alternated?

This way:
A: Teams get the same amount of rest when facing each other next week
B: You don't end up with multiple 2vs7 matchups back to back.

I think it works well this way.

Maybe to keep things fair going into next week.
They've never done this before. More enjoyable for the viewers to alternate.
2015- All AFC Round games Saturday, all NFC Round 2 games Sunday.
2019- All AFC Round games Saturday, all NFC Round 2 games Sunday.

It's been done before. Don't think it's much more enjoyable for the viewers to alternate really. Sunday still has 2 NFC games, 1 AFC game. I don't think 2 AFC games on Saturday matters much.

Users who are viewing this thread