What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lache Seastrunk - RB - Baylor (4 Viewers)

Wasn't the ideal result but it gives a clear picture of whether to hold him or not. It's been real, Lache
Not ideal? He's been cut 4 times in a year. Time to face it. He's just not that good.
Like I said, clear picture. When the cowboys picked him up it wasn't, when they cut Ryan Williams and not him it wasn't. Didn't mean to offend you

Most of you guys should already know about this guy but if you don't he's a RB that has straightline speed similar to CJ Spiller and Chris Johnson. There are mixed reviews about this guy and his ability to take a handoff through traffic on an isolation or power run but in my opinion he's got enough substance to be an effective NFL weapon.

I feel like he's a guy that needs to develop a little more in the passing game but the speed cannot be denied. He accelerates past defensive backs, it's kind of crazy. In the right situation, I think production will come.

No way he falls past the 3rd Round. I'd like to see him bulk up just a smidge more. Check him out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATV13gzocN0
wow....this was wayyyyy off the mark.

NFL coaches don't keep there jobs by cutting studs. If one team does, they may be wrong. But multiple teams? They clearly are not seeing anything worth spending a roster spot on

I'd guess the FFers have a much greater chance of being way off base more so than a few NFL coaching staffs. That's happened before too.

Oh - and ETA, that's not "hating" on him. :lol:

As noted James Harrison was cut multiple times, Kurt Warner was undrafted & cut by the Packers, Justin Forsett was cut 3 times. NFL coaches may be right most of the time, but not always.
Good. Now list all the players that FFers thought were future studs based upon their college tapes and then turned into nonfactors.
That's your little personal obsession. You list all the players FFers thought were future studs based upon their college tapes and then turned into nonfactors. My point was to refute your idea that multiple teams don't cut players that put up studly numbers. It has happened, and I'm sure it will happen again. Will it be Seastrunk? I don't know, but to say it can't happen because multiple teams have cut him is just incorrect.
Is it correct yet?

Most of you guys should already know about this guy but if you don't he's a RB that has straightline speed similar to CJ Spiller and Chris Johnson. There are mixed reviews about this guy and his ability to take a handoff through traffic on an isolation or power run but in my opinion he's got enough substance to be an effective NFL weapon.

I feel like he's a guy that needs to develop a little more in the passing game but the speed cannot be denied. He accelerates past defensive backs, it's kind of crazy. In the right situation, I think production will come.

No way he falls past the 3rd Round. I'd like to see him bulk up just a smidge more. Check him out:

Read the whole 1st page, I was the only anti-seastrunk guy for the longest time(even going into the non-draft eligible thread). Not putting a tip in my cap because we all can be right or wrong on players. But rather this is a fair warning to people that count on devy/rookie players panning out because it doesn't always transfer to the NFL. Some don't develop or have the attitude.

Read the whole 1st page, I was the only anti-seastrunk guy for the longest time(even going into the non-draft eligible thread). Not putting a tip in my cap because we all can be right or wrong on players. But rather this is a fair warning to people that count on devy/rookie players panning out because it doesn't always transfer to the NFL. Some don't develop or have the attitude.
I have little care as to being right/wrong But I sure would enjoy hearing why you had doubts.. I guess I do have to say great job though. I had to stop reading the 1st page posts (didn't wanna see a name that I kinda believe is gold)

I think I like him more than any other rb in this class. Sky = limit.
:bag:

I can picture Lache as the straw man in Oz... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nauLgZISozs

I think his major issue was and has always been trying to create on his own... every. single. play.

He never followed a designed play in college looking back... they just gave him the rock and he ran around in circles. If he had the smarts to just learn the plays and do what he's supposed to, I still think he could have been elite.

I think I like him more than any other rb in this class. Sky = limit.
:bag:

I can picture Lache as the straw man in Oz... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nauLgZISozs

I think his major issue was and has always been trying to create on his own... every. single. play.

He never followed a designed play in college looking back... they just gave him the rock and he ran around in circles. If he had the smarts to just learn the plays and do what he's supposed to, I still think he could have been elite.
Tough to get into a player's head when scouting...turns out Seastrunk's is pretty screwed up.

"Seastrunk has big-play ability, but he has frustrated coaches with his inability to stick with the play that’s called," Archer wrote following the Cowboys' preseason loss to the San Diego Chargers. "He freelances way too much and can turn a two-yard gain into a five-yard loss. That infuriates coaches."
I still think he's going to bounce around the league for a couple of more years. Coaches can't help but they will be the one who turns him around.

This bum's claim to fame will be that a 13 page thread about him was produced on Footballguys.

I have little care as to being right/wrong But I sure would enjoy hearing why you had doubts.. I guess I do have to say great job though. I had to stop reading the 1st page posts (didn't wanna see a name that I kinda believe is gold)
Right from my rankings thread:

10) Lache Seastrunk 5-10 210 Baylor

2013: 158 for 1177 7.4 11 TD, no receptions

2012: 131 for 1012 7.7 7 TD, 9 rec for 107 1 TD

Comparison: Michael Bennett

Seastrunk is an unbelievable athlete with great speed. If he has space, he can definitely go the distance. However, when he doesnt have space provided through great blocking, hes not going to do well in the NFL. Seastrunk, despite his thick lower body, has poor power running with the football. Ive seen Seastrunk brought down by too many arm tackles in the NCAA, its only going to get worse at the next level. He also lacks football instincts or the aggressive attitude needed to be a RB. He tries to run around everyone and that wont work at the next level. Seastrunk has a lot of work to do in the mentality of the RB, much like Reggie Bush needed. The vast space provided for Seastrunk is a byproduct of the spread offense Baylor runs, all of their RBs succeed in that offense. For being a speed RB, Seastrunk doesnt possess great agility; normally those two things would correlate for a RB prospect to be successful at the next level. Lastly, most speed RBs can catch the football, but Seastrunk has 9 career receptions in college and hes not a good blocker. I used to be alone on these boards discussing my concerns about Seastrunk last year, but now I think many have started to come around. Hes an athlete trying to play the RB position and needs a lot of work to his game.

FF wise: RB1 to RBBC player. Its all on Seastrunks development and usage in the NFL.

Pretty sure I called this guy a ST player somewhere along the line early on.

Maybe he can still make a career out of that if he ego will allow it.

No doubt, great call by tdmills.

I don't think he will let his ego go.

Thanks, but we're all right about some and wrong about others. I just think as a community, we really need to pump the brakes on how many players can be "elite" or "studs" because Seastrunk/Trich/Lee happens.

Thanks, but we're all right about some and wrong about others. I just think as a community, we really need to pump the brakes on how many players can be "elite" or "studs" because Seastrunk/Trich/Lee happens.
Lee should never have had that label after the combine.

Lee should never have had that label after the combine.
I agree, i'm talking more as college prospects/devy guys.

Lache isn't even that bad as far as devy hype. Who was that kid they tracked on this board since the 8th grade that was adopted by Deion for a short bit, went to WVU and then lasted through a training camp or two in the NFL?

lod01 said:
This bum's claim to fame will be that a 13 page thread about him was produced on Footballguys.
Or that Loose Circuits (apt name?) once dropped 40% of his blind (blonde?) bid money on him months BEFORE the start of the season...

Users who are viewing this thread