What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Knile Davis RB - Arkansas (2 Viewers)

In one of my PPR dynasty leagues, we had a big discussion about K. Davis. I pointed out that in the 3 games he started (or played 95% of the snaps) which was week 17 in 2013, and weeks 2 and 3 this year, he averaged almost 23 points per game in PPR formats. He's shown some home run ability in both the running and passing game. Am I nuts to think he's worth a late 1st or solid WR in a dynasty format since Charles is turning 29 this upcoming season? Or do others think he's JAG and will be drafted over? Just curious more than anything. Not claiming to be an expert, but I was shocked that a few talked him down like he was nothing. Am I alone in thinking he's the heir to Charles and sooner than later, should be a nice quality player in PPR leagues?

How much longer for Charles? He turn 29 end of December, nicked up here and there.

ETA: surprised to see that besides 2011 (played 2 games) he has only missed 3 games in the other 6 yrs he has played.

Last edited by a moderator:
At 28, no signs of Jamaal Charles slowing down

Excerpt:

But the Chiefs also have no other back capable of helping them in the way Charles does. The main backup is Knile Davis, who is big and fast. His production, albeit in limited playing time, hasn’t matched that of Charles. He averaged 3.5 yards per carry the past two seasons compared to 5 yards for Charles.

Davis, unlike Charles, has been a liability in pass coverage and protection.
This is just eyeball test without 10 pages of stats to support it so I'm sure it won't mean much to a lot here but there are just some players you look at and you KNOW that they pass the test. They don't look like they are slowing down and they are in good locations and situations and it all just works. Charles is one of the very few RB guys like that in this league. He looks to be solid, in his prime, etc and he's just one of those guys that I get the vibe is going to be fine for a good while longer.

KC Chiefs Twitter account says knee sprain, whatever that really means.

BJ Kissel

8m8 minutes ago

BJ Kissel ‏@ChiefsReporter

Knile Davis has a knee sprain, DAT has a calf strain, Jeff Allen has MCL sprain, Eric Kush has shoulder contusion.

Rotoworld:

The Chiefs believe Knile Davis escaped Saturday night's knee injury with a mere "sprain."

Coach Andy Reid expressed optimism Davis would only miss "a few days" of practice. This is good news for Kansas City, which will continue to play run-foundation offense with Alex Smith at quarterback. Davis offers no real standalone fantasy value, but is a capable bellcow backup to Jamaal Charles.

Source: Vahe Gregorian on Twitter

Aug 16 - 10:28 AM

Rotoworld:

Chiefs RB Knile Davis is participating in practice Monday.

Davis suffered a knee scare in the opening preseason game, but he escaped with just a sprain. Jamaal Charles' handcuff should be good to go in the Chiefs' second preseason game.

Source: Herbie Teope on Twitter
Aug 17 - 9:22 AM

Dynasty owner of Charles/Davis

Is Davis droppable as handcuff to Charles now that he hasn't touched the rock again?

Dynasty owner of Charles/Davis

Is Davis droppable as handcuff to Charles now that he hasn't touched the rock again?
Davis proved to be one of the least efficient most volume dependent runners when he got he got his multiple shots. Yeah, his straight line speed is insane but I've been unimpressed by just about everything else.

I'd make sure I cuffed Charles with West moving forward.

I guess the question is, is West the #2 for sure? If Charles goes down what happens? Davis has the experience.

I thought Davis dinged an ankle the week before. Never saw any mention of it anywhere though. If Charles were to miss time it's hard to imagine Davis wouldn't have a huge role.

Anyone know what happened here? Davis was fantastic in Charles's absence in the past. What am I missing? They really going to hand over the reigns to the rookie instead?

Anyone know what happened here? Davis was fantastic in Charles's absence in the past. What am I missing? They really going to hand over the reigns to the rookie instead?
I'll believe it when I see it. Davis looked like a future 1st round type. Although Reid is a big idiot so you never know.

Reid has said West is very similar to Charles so maybe it's just easier to use him mid-game. But now with a week to prepare a game plan they will realize Davis is the guy to feature.

Reid has said West is very similar to Charles so maybe it's just easier to use him mid-game. But now with a week to prepare a game plan they will realize Davis is the guy to feature.
There was a changing of the guard after week 2 where Davis didn't see a single offensive snap until JC went down today. I'm not saying Davis isn't going to touch the ball moving forward but I think it's obvious West is in line to receive the larger share.

Sounds like you're coming up with a story to fit the outcome you desire.

Don't own either big guy. I've just always been impressed with Davis.

Theres a lot about West to be impressed with as well. Kids a heck of an athlete and looks like a real natural runner.

Davis will certainly have a role, but hes got a legitimately talented back to share carries with.

As a Charles owner, I want to pick up both but there's no way I can afford to Im guessing based on what people will bid for them in my league. I think Im leaning West but not sure yet.

Havent really seen West, we have seen what Knile can do. I have always thought he has big time ability, I don't get West getting more carries right away, then again its Andy Reid

Davis handcuff owners what is the play here? I think this will be a 50/50 split and don't plan on taking a stab at West. Are we rolling him out next game.

I don't see this as inconceivable at all. West is similar to Charles so he's able to give Charles a breather without changing the game plan at all. Now with Charles done, Reid could go back to the guy he knows can carry a full load and use West as COP. I'm not saying that will happen but I don't think this running game just goes to West because he's been in games to spell Charles.

Man, this is the most confusing handcuff situation in recent memory. No one knows exactly who to pickup. I don't own any KC players but I used to live there and I always loved watching Knile Davis play in JC's absence.

I find it very VERY difficult to believe a rookie has taken over Davis' position to the throne so quickly.

Anyone have anymore links to help solidify exactly why West is supposedly favored over Davis?

I'm thinking a lot of ppl are going to blow their budget on a kid who is still learning the ropes only to watch the obvious RB takeover (Davis).

Man, this is the most confusing handcuff situation in recent memory. No one knows exactly who to pickup. I don't own any KC players but I used to live there and I always loved watching Knile Davis play in JC's absence.

I find it very VERY difficult to believe a rookie has taken over Davis' position to the throne so quickly.

Anyone have anymore links to help solidify exactly why West is supposedly favored over Davis?

I'm thinking a lot of ppl are going to blow their budget on a kid who is still learning the ropes only to watch the obvious RB takeover (Davis).
Everyone knows exactly who to pick up. Here's a link that helps solidify exactly why West is favored.

If you don't want to read the link, I'll sum it up for you. Davis has been average to below-average in just about every facet of the position.

SameSongNDance said:
ATB said:

Everyone knows exactly who to pick up. Here's a link that helps solidify exactly why West is favored.

If you don't want to read the link, I'll sum it up for you. Davis has been average to below-average in just about every facet of the position.
This was only a comparison of Davis to Charles, not to West. No backup will standup to Charles in stat comparisons.

SameSongNDance said:
ATB said:

This is the Shark Pool, not the Logical Fallacy Pool.

SameSongNDance said:
ATB said:

This was only a comparison of Davis to Charles, not to West. No backup will standup to Charles in stat comparisons.
My point was that Davis set the bar really low, to the point where a mailbox could have usurped him. He masked overall #### play with big plays when the requisite volume was there.

For example, Trent Richardson performed better vs. the league average from an efficiency standpoint on his carries last year. Trent Richardson.

He has amazing athleticism but Knile performed really badly last year according to PFF and his 3.5 ypc. We could be looking at T-Rich 2.0 here.

Users who are viewing this thread