What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Maclin (2 Viewers)

Maclin never has had over 70 catches and never had 1000 yards in a season, highly over rated player who has not lived up to the hype. Major knee injury and all off a sudden he is #1 WR quality? The hype will get out of hand now, but he is what he is regardless of the targets.

Maclin never has had over 70 catches and never had 1000 yards in a season, highly over rated player who has not lived up to the hype. Major knee injury and all off a sudden he is #1 WR quality? The hype will get out of hand now, but he is what he is regardless of the targets.
New offense and pretty much a new team. Are you saying he can't because he never has? That's not always the wisest way to go about projecting players.

Lets see...

Talent - check.

Situation - check.

Chip Kelly superduperfastawesome offense - check.

Neither had Wayne at 25 and he had Peyton Manning.

Neither had Wayne at 25 and he had Peyton Manning.
Wayne never had the knee blowout, had better hands and better speed and better route running at that age.

Don't get me wrong, i like Maclin a lot and always wished he would become a Reggie Wayne type player but I don't think he is that guy.

lol.

Desean never had over 63 catches until Chip came to town.

brohans i have been saying this for years maclin is like daniel son and foley canoli is like mister miyugi and when they get together they are doing to drum technique the other team and then finish them with a dance of the crane kick right in the kisser and then all you will here is peter setera singing glory of love and other songs by chicago to as maclin and foley canoli save the universe take that to the bank brohans
please stop.

WHo was throwing to him?

WHo was throwing to him?
not to mention all the extenuating circumstances- like the mysterious illness that kept him out of camp and caused him to lose weight, other injuries, etc....Upside here is unlimited IMO, maybe even small chance at top 10, but more likely a strong WR2 if healthy

WHo was throwing to him?
not to mention all the extenuating circumstances- like the mysterious illness that kept him out of camp and caused him to lose weight, other injuries, etc....Upside here is unlimited IMO, maybe even small chance at top 10, but more likely a strong WR2 if healthy
Maclin's 2010 numbers would have put him at WR15 last year. Assuming his knee is 100% and he stays healthy I see that as a reasonable expectation for him. He could do better than that but I'd be happy with those numbers from him.

Jeremy Maclin's stock on the rise

By Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com

When it comes to offense, Chip Kelly knows what he's doing. Kelly thinks he can afford to replace DeSean Jackson with Jeremy Maclin.

Kelly needs Maclin to succeed. He's the guy who can make sure Maclin gets the ball.

Jackson drew 126 targets last year and converted those into 82 catches, 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns, good for 10th among Fantasy wideouts. It was a career year for Jackson, and it came in part due to Kelly's scheme and Nick Foles' accuracy.

Now Maclin gets to experience those benefits. Maclin isn't going to put up D-Jax's numbers, but there's no reason this 2009 first-round pick can't produce like a WR3 in Kelly's up-tempo attack. Having signed a one-year, "prove-it" deal, Maclin has all the motivation in the world. His ceiling is high, even if Philly drafts a wideout early.

The big question is health, as Maclin rehabs from a torn ACL. He'll be nearly 14 months removed from his injury when the season starts.

"The one thing about Mac is he's been there every single day, even last year during the season," Kelly said last week. "He still attended position meetings. He was in the training room every single day. (He) really attacked rehab. According to what everybody's saying is he's on track.

"I think it was a big blow losing him in the preseason just because I was excited to work through OTAs and minicamp with him. He's very, very talented. He's one of those guys that if we're going to see a lot of man coverage, he can do a really, really good job because he's such a precise route runner, has outstanding speed, is good after the catch. We're excited to have him back. I don't know what his status will be during the offseason through OTAs and minicamp, but I know he'll be there in (training) camp."

Maclin's average draft position has risen from the 10th to the 7th round in mock drafts on fantasyfootballcalculator.com. I grabbed him in the 8th round of our Thursday mock, as a WR4 behind Demaryius Thomas, Victor Cruz and Torrey Smith.

Jamey Eisenberg ranks Maclin 35th among wideouts, while Nathan Zegura has him 36th and Dave Richard 39th. Assuming the reports stay positive about his knee, Maclin's ADP and ranking should continue to creep up.

Show of confidence with the Eagles taking Marcus Smith instead of WR. If they pass on WR in the 2nd it's a great sign for Maclin.

Rotoworld:

Speaking Thursday, Eagles coach Chip Kelly said Jeremy Maclin (knee) has looked "fantastic" in OTAs.

Maclin is 10 months removed from tearing his ACL, and if he isn't 100 percent already, he will be for training camp. He'll be a WR3 with upside as the Eagles' nominal No. 1 receiver this season.

Source: philadelphiaeagles.com

May 29 - 8:59 PM

lol.

Desean never had over 63 catches until Chip came to town.
Not to mention how Riley Cooper blossomed under Chip

he is working in OTAs

he is playing for his next contract as IIRC he signed a 1 year deal.

Solid option and value play especially in PPR.

Will be interesting to see how Jordan Mathews comes along in season 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Could definitely see him being a WR2 this year and at worst probably a WR3. It's not like the Eagles have great options at WR. Matthews is a rookie and Cooper has had 1 good season so far. Yes, Maclin hasn't quite lived up to the hype that surrounds him, but he's still a solid WR who could thrive in this offense. I think you can certainly do worse for your WR3.

Rotoworld:

Jeremy Maclin is lining up at DeSean Jackson's old position at right-side wide receiver during Eagles OTAs.

Maclin is the new "Z", with Riley Cooper at "X." Rookie Jordan Matthews was excused to attend an NFLPA event, but has been lining up at slot receiver in a Marques Colston-type role. Maclin probably won't do as much slot work as Jackson did -- D-Jax lined up there on 30 percent of his snaps -- but will do the heavy lifting outside. Maclin is a WR3 fantasy pick with WR2 upside.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

May 30 - 3:15 PM

Jeremy Maclin - WR - Eagles
Jeremy Maclin (ACL surgery) says that in some ways, he now feels faster.
Maclin participated fully in the entire offseason program, making a strong return from his July 2013 tear. "In some ways I feel more fresh, more physically strong," he said. "I just think you put so much hard work into your rehab process that that's kind of what happens. You get that leg back. You build that leg back stronger." With DeSean Jackson now a Redskin, Maclin is Nick Foles' "Z" receiver and No. 1 wideout. He's playing on a one-year "prove it" deal.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News
Jul 14 - 10:46 AM

Maclin's talent never worried me, his health does though. Good value where he's currently slotted.
So where do people see his expected ADP come fall?
He's going in the 7th right now. I can see that creeping to the 5th after a good camp and preseason.
He's up to mid 6th now. I agree that his talent is good, but health isn't the only concern here. Chemistry with Foles, possible regression from Foles, and a lack of targets should be concerning. As a team they only threw the ball 508 times last year, 27th in the league. I think I'd rather go with another talent vs. health risk in Nicks 3 rounds later. They are the same age.

I'm feeling good things for him this year. Especially as the year moves along I expect the offense to become more balanced which should benefit a technician like Maclin. He doesn't have the most amazing physical gifts but always seemed so precise which I think benefits him in this offense.

I've always liked Maclin's talent. He certainly will have all the opportunities to become Philly's lead dog. His recovery seems to be progressing, but it's only been 10 months.

He is, perhaps, the player I want to see more than any other in preseason action, as we simply won't know much of anything with regard to his health and chemistry with Foles until we see some game action.

I think he has the ceiling of being a top 15 wr if everything breaks correctly.

I'm OTR as being a Maclin fan, and expect a nice comeback, but I've gotten increasingly uncomfortable with his rising ADP. With Mathews looking better and better it's hard to imagine that many quality targets on a loaded run first team with a QB who doesn't seem to lock in on any one target.

His value has fallen slightly for me IN REDRAFT over the last month or two. Wonderful depth piece, but I wouldn't want to count on him as anything better than a WR3 this year, and would feel better at WR4.

Maclin's talent never worried me, his health does though. Good value where he's currently slotted.
So where do people see his expected ADP come fall?
He's going in the 7th right now. I can see that creeping to the 5th after a good camp and preseason.
He's up to mid 6th now. I agree that his talent is good, but health isn't the only concern here. Chemistry with Foles, possible regression from Foles, and a lack of targets should be concerning. As a team they only threw the ball 508 times last year, 27th in the league. I think I'd rather go with another talent vs. health risk in Nicks 3 rounds later. They are the same age.
Foles already has chemistry w Maclin from 2012. Put up two 100 yard games and 3 tds in the 5 games they played together.

Rotoworld:

Jeremy Maclin has been "toasting" Darrelle Revis during 1-on-1 work at this week's joint practices.

To be fair, beat man Jeff McLane admits Revis doesn't appear to be going 100 percent. But it's still notable that Maclin is winning this battle, especially considering he's only 12 months removed from an ACL tear. On Tuesday, Maclin drew three flags on Revis and beat him deep for a touchdown. It was more of the same early in Wednesday's session. Clearly healthy, Maclin has WR2 upside as a key piece of Chip Kelly's plan to replace DeSean Jackson.

Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter

Aug 13 - 9:29 AM

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Jeremy Maclin left Wednesday's rain-soaked practice against the New England Patriots after feeling his left hamstring tighten.

"It's precautionary," Maclin said after the practice session. "My left hamstring grabbed on me a little bit. I shut it down."

Maclin, who tore the ACL in his right knee last year, has pulled himself from certain drills because of discomfort in his legs during camp. Each time, he has said it was for precautionary reasons and returned within a day
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11347485/jeremy-maclin-philadelphia-eagles-leaves-practice-tight-hamstring

i stashed him at the end of last year for a $1 keeper... but i hate hearing it's a hammy issue. I hope he doesn't miss more than a week.... and if it is actually serious then I hope th eagles play it safe so the injury can actually heal

Jeremy Maclin (knee) is sitting out Thursday's practice and considered "unlikely" to play in the Eagles' second preseason game.
The Philly Inquirer reported Wednesday that Maclin's health has become increasingly concerning. Maclin has insisted his inability to stay on the field is routine for a player coming off of an ACL tear, but he's over a year removed from the injury. Although Maclin offers a ton of theoretical upside in DeSean Jackson's old role, fantasy owners drafting now may want to tread lightly
I remember thinking Maclin was a steal in 2012 at an ADP very similar to what is is this year. I was incorrect.

players get hurt its the NFL.

I think his risk is built into his ADP, a very worthy risk IMO
Well then, I need an extra round of ADP to aqcuire him, which means he's probably not on my redraft roster. Philly looks like an efficient offense with plenty of mouths to feed. Other than McCoy, I think all the Eagles are overvalued compared to their ADP. And that goes for Foles too.

I'll be taking him a round before his ADP to ensure I get him. I suspect I will still be get a huge bargain. Have fun taking Cobb 5 rounds sooner.

brohans let us not forget that daniel son would take many hits and would look like he was going to lose the all valley tournament or not get the girl and then bam he would bust out the drum technique or the crane dance and you know what was happening next that is right it was peter setera and making out with kumiko damn straight that is what happened next so hey he pulled his hammy big whoop and for all those who are hating on him just remember what sato said he said i was wrong hate is wrong and then he was buddies with mr miyugi again after that so have a good season god rest pat moritas soul and take that to the bank brohhans

brohans let us not forget that daniel son would take many hits and would look like he was going to lose the all valley tournament or not get the girl and then bam he would bust out the drum technique or the crane dance and you know what was happening next that is right it was peter setera and making out with kumiko damn straight that is what happened next so hey he pulled his hammy big whoop and for all those who are hating on him just remember what sato said he said i was wrong hate is wrong and then he was buddies with mr miyugi again after that so have a good season god rest pat moritas soul and take that to the bank brohhans
:goodposting:

I only understand 10% of this post but it made me LOL.

In 5 of 6 drafts Ive done, he's gone in the 6th round which is in line with his ADP and what you'll in all liklihood have to pay to get him. I think that he has value in the 6th, and many of the guys being drafted after him as WR3's - Sanders, Wright, Cooks, Decker, Edelman - have their own risks. Really the only safer picks at WR3 going after him are IMO are Wallace, Colston, and maybe Terrance Williams who not coincidentally all seem to be landing on a lot of my rosters.

Users who are viewing this thread