What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Maclin (2 Viewers)

Ravens released WR Jeremy Maclin.

Maclin's release, already expected, became guaranteed when the Ravens signed John Brown and Ryan Grant on Tuesday. The move clears $5 million in cap space. It's the second time in two offseasons soon-to-be 30-year-old Maclin has been released. Slowed by injury and advancing age, Maclin has not been an asset the past two seasons.

Related: Ravens

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Mar 14 - 1:20 PM

What a weird and underwhelming career for Jeremy.
Sort of retired the same way. 

Weird in sense I had to ask myself "wait, he is still playing"  and underwhelming in sense that Gronk would come out right after him and just bury his retirement.

I don't know that underwhelming is the right word, he had multiple 1,000 yard years. Maybe more of a what could have been?
1st round pick, had his first 1000 yd season in his 5th year. Then his only other thousand yard season the next year. Then didn't total a thousand yards for the rest of his career. There was a lot of potential in that body and it just never came out. Very underwhelming.

That 2009 WR class looked great at first. Would not have expected Mike Wallace to have the best career out of the group that included 6 first rounders DHB, Crabtree (arguably better than Wallace but closer than expected), nicks, Harvin, Maclin, Britt, and some others who looked promising.

That 2009 WR class looked great at first. Would not have expected Mike Wallace to have the best career out of the group that included 6 first rounders DHB, Crabtree (arguably better than Wallace but closer than expected), nicks, Harvin, Maclin, Britt, and some others who looked promising.
That’s just a hall of fame of potential right there.

Users who are viewing this thread