What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Maclin (1 Viewer)

Sounds very serious. I'd be shocked if he wasnt done for the season
If it was anyone other than Maclin I'd tend to agree but he's has taken the Joseph Addai thing to another level. What I mean by this is I can't recall an NFL player who multiple times a year lays on the ground like they have been shot and it looks like they'e got a serious injury only they are usually back in a few plays.

I know there were at least 4-5 times last season when I tought I'd lost Maclin for the season or multiple games. Maybe he finally did get seriously injured but in light of the player I'd wait a little bit before assuming he's done.

Sounds very serious. I'd be shocked if he wasnt done for the season
If it was anyone other than Maclin I'd tend to agree but he's has taken the Joseph Addai thing to another level. What I mean by this is I can't recall an NFL player who multiple times a year lays on the ground like they have been shot and it looks like they'e got a serious injury only they are usually back in a few plays.

I know there were at least 4-5 times last season when I tought I'd lost Maclin for the season or multiple games. Maybe he finally did get seriously injured but in light of the player I'd wait a little bit before assuming he's done.
ALWAYS bad though when a guy crumbles to the ground when making an explosive 1st step and no contact.

@ChrisWesseling: NFL is a tough game RT @JordanRaanan: Hearing Jeremy Maclin believes it is an ACL tear. Tough break for Eagles and WR on last year of deal.

I wonder if they would bring on a guy like Lloyd, who is much better than Cooper or anyone else they have or out there as a FA.

I do like Johnson also, but if they do not bring anyone on, ya gotta figure Cooper will be the redzone guy and they may mix it up with Avant, Cooper and Johnson the rest of the time opposite Jackson.

I wonder if they would bring on a guy like Lloyd, who is much better than Cooper or anyone else they have or out there as a FA.

I do like Johnson also, but if they do not bring anyone on, ya gotta figure Cooper will be the redzone guy and they may mix it up with Avant, Cooper and Johnson the rest of the time opposite Jackson.
Lloyd is a locker room cancer, the last thing a new coach needs.

Weeks 10-16 Cooper avg 2.5 rec on 5.1 targets and .43 TDs a games with Foles. The TD number is nothing to sneeze at. He's the only one I can see haul 8+ TD looking at the dephtchart.

If Vick starts nvmd.

I don't think anything will change with Benn in Philly. He never look interested in playing to me. Eagles have other options.
i have no clue about his interest, he's always hurt though, so whether he's interested or not if he's hurt it doesn't matter.

Maclin's always been on the brink of greatness but can't stay healthy. I cut ties with him this offseason for that reason - reluctantly because he's got a lot of potential - but in this case turned out to be the right move.

I avoided this guy his whole career and the one time I take a chance on him this happens. Any chance ends up replacing Wayne in Indy next year?

My two cents as an Eagles fan: don't buy any WR's this year if you don't have to. LeSean McCoy and Bryce Brown are the guys I'm targeting and that's it. The wide receivers will certainly get their receptions, but Chip never based his offenses at Oregon around the WR's and I don't think that's his plan in the NFL. It's all about the RB's and TE's. Philly have a great RB core and the TE group has potential. They targeted James Casey early and he was one of the first guys they signed in FA. They love his versatility. Ertz was a second round pick. And I think Celek's probably here for one last season before they let him go.

Cooper will get snaps and has good size and blocking ability. Benn has a lot to prove, still. Already banged up. Momah has great size but he's raw. Damaris Johnson's interesting, though, because his short area quickness and RAC ability seems to fit in the West Coast passing offense they seem to be shifting towards. Avant's a mystery guy. Doesn't have good RAC ability, can't play outside, but has great hands and is a good blocker. Like I said, if you can avoid WR's, it's for the best. If I had to take a WR, I might go DJax, just because running the ball and throwing it underneath should open up things downfield for him, where he can put together those 5/130/1 games he's capable of.

cstu said:
I avoided this guy his whole career and the one time I take a chance on him this happens. Any chance ends up replacing Wayne in Indy next year?
Doubt it. Wayne probably has two more years after this one.

Rotoworld:

Jeremy Maclin does not seem inclined to sign a contract extension right now.

Pulling a Joe Flacco is so en vogue right now. Maclin is entering the final year of his rookie contract, but reportedly "believes his value will ascend this season." Considering the 2009 first-rounder has never had a 1,000-yard campaign and is consistently nicked up, holding off on a new contract is probably the correct play. The best he could do right now is something like the Mike Williams deal (six-years, $40.25 million with $15 million guaranteed).

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News
There is no amount of money he will ever make in his career that will keep him from regretting this for the rest of his life. Wish him all the best in his recovery because this sucks.

Rotoworld:

Jeremy Maclin does not seem inclined to sign a contract extension right now.

Pulling a Joe Flacco is so en vogue right now. Maclin is entering the final year of his rookie contract, but reportedly "believes his value will ascend this season." Considering the 2009 first-rounder has never had a 1,000-yard campaign and is consistently nicked up, holding off on a new contract is probably the correct play. The best he could do right now is something like the Mike Williams deal (six-years, $40.25 million with $15 million guaranteed).

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News
There is no amount of money he will ever make in his career that will keep him from regretting this for the rest of his life. Wish him all the best in his recovery because this sucks.
I wonder if Nicks is paying attention.

This is why I never have a problem with NFL players holding out. If you underperform your contract, teams have no problem cutting you just like that, so if you overperform it and want to get paid, I can't blame you.

Tool said:
Maclin's always been on the brink of greatness but can't stay healthy. I cut ties with him this offseason for that reason - reluctantly because he's got a lot of potential - but in this case turned out to be the right move.
He's missed 5 game in his career.

Tool said:
He's missed 5 game in his career.
You're right and that surprised me. I've owned for him for the last few years and it seems like he's had a lot of injury concerns week to week. Maybe it's partly my perception. Either way, seemed like his injury risk was greater than most.

I previously felt that Ertz was going to be the top rookie TE this year. Now, I'm feeling even more comfortable with that.

I actually like Casey to breakout now. Just a hunch, but I think it will be him.
My thinking as well, and Ertz will get more looks as well.
Casey is in no way going to be a breakout. When he was in Houston, if ever a team had a need for a player to step up in any of three roles, it was them and he never could do enough to standout in any of them. It will be the same in Philly. He will be a useful real life utility guy but not a player that commands fantasy attention.

If nothing else, you would figure that ertz was liked enough to be given the chance to be "that" guy.

I was thinking Maclin was in line for a big year in 2013 in Kelly's offense and could be had pretty cheap considering the talent. Feel bad for him, from that mystery infection he had a couple offseason to other minor injuries, seems like he had something going on often. Hard to say if for his future he is best of staying in Philly or signing elsewhere. I could see him being big in Carolina or Washington.

My two cents as an Eagles fan: don't buy any WR's this year if you don't have to. LeSean McCoy and Bryce Brown are the guys I'm targeting and that's it. The wide receivers will certainly get their receptions, but Chip never based his offenses at Oregon around the WR's and I don't think that's his plan in the NFL. It's all about the RB's and TE's. Philly have a great RB core and the TE group has potential. They targeted James Casey early and he was one of the first guys they signed in FA. They love his versatility. Ertz was a second round pick. And I think Celek's probably here for one last season before they let him go.
Yeah, I was thinking bump Celek more than anything but I think Ertz and Casey limit his ceiling this year. Im with you as Id only target DJax if it came at a good value. If Cooper wins the WR2 job and thats clear, Id start considering him.

Rotoworld:

Jeremy Maclin (torn ACL, injured reserve) underwent successful surgery on Tuesday.
Maclin's surgery comes 10 days after he went down, and seven years after he first tore his right ACL, back at Missouri. Maclin has youth (he's just 25) on his side, but things can get tricky once a player tears the same ACL twice. The good news for the walk-year wideout is he could already be approaching 100 percent by the time free agency kicks off next March.

Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter

DHB's contract is over and Maclin is a UFA. I imagine Indy would be a very appealing destination for Maclin as the #2 until Wayne retires.

DHB's contract is over and Maclin is a UFA. I imagine Indy would be a very appealing destination for Maclin as the #2 until Wayne retires.
That would be a very nice fit I think. Maclin is that type of player who could play now and assume that possession role later.

This is why I never have a problem with NFL players holding out. If you underperform your contract, teams have no problem cutting you just like that, so if you overperform it and want to get paid, I can't blame you.
Or you can get a dog like Danny Watkins who can even get on the field and you waste millions on him but you can't cut him because of all the dead money.

Users who are viewing this thread