What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Mock Draft (4 Viewers)

So far the draft is going exactly how I hope it does.

Ran has taken control in the reset of the titans after deleting the past. Now we’ll get to watch what Callahan sr can do with a potentially lethal, elite left side of the offensive line and give his hopefully franchise QB time to find Ridley and Hopkins, plus pollard and spears time to run.

1.07 the Tennessee Titans take Joe Alt, ND LT.

Bloodlines matter, and Joe will hopefully exceed his dad’s success. With the right coaching, Joe could very well be a perennial pro bowler, and combined with Sko the sky is the limit. The fans in Nashville who understand how bad the OL has been and what it takes to win in the NFL will be thrilled. OL might not be sexy but Alt/Sko truly have me excited. :excited:

The greatest fear in this draft is the Chargers taking Alt at 5. Or the jets trading up to get him.
LOVE this pick. I thought Alt would go at 5 or 6. Great value.
I really think San...uh Los Angeles will take Alt. Harbaugh was just saying they need to pound the ball and that the OL is key.
Lotta OL available if the mid 1st though.
Edge, CB, WR, DT and Safety seem like the biggest needs for the Falcons, I woulda thought with Cousins arriving that they would want to make sure their OL is tops
Apparently that's not an issue for Atlanta, doesn't come up as a need anywhere.
I'm not sure what folks see in the top Edge rushers that are projected in this draft, but I'm gonna pass.
There are 2 primary DL/DT that IMHO are better prospects than the Edge rushers.

The Falcons have some holes in their Secondary and you could argue for both CB and Safety
1.08 Atlanta Falcons select Cooper DeJean, CB Iowa

Dejean is a Top 10 prospect on many sites, he sits at No 8 overall on PPF's Big Board Top 300
I feel Cooper, both DTs and Quinyon Mitchell should all go before any of the Edge guys are taken, I might even argue for Wiggins and Arnold at DB.
DeJean can play both CB or Safety, both needs for Atlanta. He has terrific size 6-1/205 and in 2022, Copper had three pick-sixes
I know some will say I should have tried harder to trade down but I feel DeJean will go a lot higher than some seem to project currently.
Anyone that watched Iowa football in the Big10 knows this kid was special and part of an outstanding college defense that held opponents to low scores.
If Iowa had any Offense they would have competed more with the likes of Michigan. I'm sure Jim Harbaugh has this kid on a short list. of players he wants.

Would have been disappointed to trade back and miss out on him
@ZWK Back to you at No 9
DeJean was a guy I was gonna try and trade up for. He's the best defensive player in the draft in my opinion, though one thing I'll freely admit is being a Big Ten guy.

Interesting. I’d have thought Mitchell and Arnold the top two
Arnold had slower than expected 40, 4.51. It may hurt him, although some still have him as the best CB. The Cooper pick spells versatility. I would be surprised if he's the #1 CB drafted, but PPF wouldn't be.
Versatility was a huge key for me making the pick. I believe he will start Day 1 no matter which team drafts him

I was going to take one of the two DTs if I didn't take Cooper, likely Murphy from Texas
If Miami were going to trade UP, Murphy is one fo the guys I would want on their radar

Last edited:
Beyond reading some, I plead ignorance on the DB class. That reading is mostly big boards and positional ranking. Dejean, which I was pronouncing dejohn instead of dejeen, is on big boards from pff's 8 to early second rounds. He's in rankings from #1 to as low as 6. I like MoPs pick and travdogg's take. They're not alone but there's many who disagree. Fun thing about this process is people planting a flag like this. Then we have a few years to find out of they were right.

Okay, so in real life I'm a Vikings fan and was slammed with work today. But, in our fantasy world here in my couple of moments today to pay attention to this. I had two offers that seemed like obvious choices for the Chargers when I consider value and team need that I frantically hit the accept button (i.e. I politely typed that I accepted). To be clear, if Marvin Harrison Jr. fell into my lap at 1.5 assuming the Vikings sold the proverbial farm to get to 1.4, I'd have auto-picked him and not considered offers. Instead, the draft proceeded as expected and I was happy to allow the Vikings (my favorite team in real life) to overpay to get McCarthy at 1.5 and give me some other first round picks to fill in some much needed holes. Then, when I received this offer at 1.9 and was given an opportunity to fill this positional need at a fair price in the standard pick trade value chart, with three (3) players remaining that I believe would really benefit this team - specifically as they all fit the team's need - and be key pieces for years to come, this draft broke perfectly for the Chargers.

Now, I need to spend a couple of minutes trying to predict what may happen at 1.10, so that I can wisely select my top choice here while trying to predict who will be there at 1.11.

Last edited:
Okay, so in real life I'm a Vikings fan and was slammed with work today. But, in our fantasy world here in my couple of moments today to pay attention to this. I had two offers that seemed like obvious choices for the Chargers when I consider value and team need that I frantically hit the accept button (i.e. I politely typed that I accepted). To be clear, if Marvin Harrison Jr. fell into my lap at 1.5 assuming the Vikings sold the proverbial farm to get to 1.4, I'd have auto-picked him and not considered offers. Instead, the draft proceeded as expected and I was happy to allow the Vikings (my favorite team in real life) to overpay to get McCarthy at 1.5 and give me some other first round picks to fill in some much needed holes. Then, when I received this offer at 1.9 and was given an opportunity to fill this positional need at a fair price in the standard pick trade value chart, with three (3) players remaining that I believe would really benefit this team - specifically as they all fit the team's need - and be key pieces for years to come, this draft broke perfectly for the Chargers.

Now, I need to spent a couple of minutes trying to predict what may happen at 1.10, so that I can wisely select my top choice here while trying to predict who will be there at 1.11.
Just PM @mphtrilogy and ask him who he is taking at 10. I'm sure he will tell you. :-)

Now, I need to spent a couple of minutes trying to predict what may happen at 1.10, so that I can wisely select my top choice here while trying to predict who will be there at 1.11.
Who is the pick?

Los Angeles Chargers
1.9 WR Rome Odunze

Analysis: After letting Keenan Allen and Mike Williams walk in free agency, and with Quentin Johnston not showing much in his rookie season, WR is the top of some glaring needs for this team. As mentioned above, had Harrison fallen to 1.5 that was an auto-pick but, as expected, he wasn't there and I wasn't willing to sacrifice additional draft capital to move up one spot when both Nabers and Odunze are still on the board. Now, without the Vikings' offer, I would have been happy to gran Nabers at 1.5 and be satisfied that Herbert will have a weapon for years to come, but I couldn't pass up moving down four spots to gain another first and I honestly cannot believe the good fortune that, now, I could turn 1.5 and pick 37 into 1.9 and 1.11 and guarantee that I plug two holes.

I put some effort into trying to predict who the Jets take at 1.10 but after reviewing their mocks and needs I decided I was overthinking it and didn't want to chance another team trading into 1.10 and scooping up Odunze given that I view WR as the biggest need in the draft. As such, I'm playing it safe and grabbing the last of the clear top tier in a loaded WR class. We loved having Keenan Allen and Odunze's main comp is - you guessed it - Keenan Allen. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Last edited:
It looks like the only remaining team is CLE.
@MAC_32
@Bracie Smathers
Both are usually posting in the Browns' thread
Thanks, but I'll pass. Been unusually disengaged from all things draft. May catch up in April, but not something I thought about til getting @'d here.
Hi MAC.

I don't think you have missed much.
Maybe, but my starting point is it only took until pick 11 for me to get to a name I didn't recognize. I only count 5 names I recognize beyond them and 1 of them (Nix) shouldn't be there. But your reply at least prompted me to google one mock draft, which now gives me a grand total of one mock draft reviewed on the season.
Yeah I have asked a couple times now if there is a drop off at pick 11 in this draft as far as elite prospects go.

Your comment does kind of reflect that.

This matters for trading for the Vikings as teams may not want to drop that far.

@MAC_32
@Bracie Smathers
Thanks, but I'll pass. Been unusually disengaged from all things draft. May catch up in April, but not something I thought about til getting @'d here.
Hi MAC.

Maybe, but my starting point is it only took until pick 11 for me to get to a name I didn't recognize. I only count 5 names I recognize beyond them and 1 of them (Nix) shouldn't be there. But your reply at least prompted me to google one mock draft, which now gives me a grand total of one mock draft reviewed on the season.
Yeah I have asked a couple times now if there is a drop off at pick 11 in this draft as far as elite prospects go.

This matters for trading for the Vikings as teams may not want to drop that far.
From the Chargers' perspective, I absolutely think there's a clear top 11 and that factored heavily in my decisions to accept offers to get me two top-11 picks.

I deleted a comment because I misunderstood where we are currently in the draft - still top 11 - apologies.

@MAC_32
@Bracie Smathers
Hi MAC.

I think Fuaga falls on the good side of that tier. Not familiar with the others though.

Can someone give regular updates with the picks made in order ? Maybe every 10 th pick or so ?

From the Chargers' perspective, I absolutely think there's a clear top 11 and that factored heavily in my decisions to accept offers to get me two top-11 picks.
There are 2 players picked so far who many would argue are not top 11 based on talent, McCarthy and Cooper, although MOP makes a good case for Cooper and MIN has a big need.

There are 2 players picked so far who many would argue are not top 11 based on talent, McCarthy and Cooper, although MOP makes a good case for Cooper and MIN has a big need.
I had McCarthy there in the 11 and not Cooper, but I more so wanted to explain my thinking as if I were the GM and why I jumped on those trade offers if they were not obvious.

Can someone give regular updates with the picks made in order ? Maybe every 10 th pick or so ?

Round 1​

1) Chicago Bears (from Carolina) - QB. Caleb Williams, USC
2) Washington Commanders - QB Drake Maye, UNC
3) New England Patriots - QB Jayden Daniels, LSU
4) Arizona Cardinals - Marvin Harrison WR Ohio State
5) Minnesota Vikings (via Los Angeles Chargers) - JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan
6) New York Giants - WR. Malik Nabers, LSU
7) Tennessee Titans - LT. Joe Alt, ND
8) Atlanta Falcons - Cooper DeJean, CB Iowa
9) Los Angeles Chargers (via Chicago Bears) - WR Rome Odunze
10) Las Vegas Raiders (via New York Jets) - Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
11) Los Angeles Chargers (via Minnesota Vikings)
12) Denver Broncos
13) New York Jets (via Las Vegas Raiders)
14) New Orleans Saints
15) Indianapolis Colts

Last edited:
Not to be that guy, but I'd argue Daniels isn't a top-11 talent either. I feel like both Daniels and McCarthy have a lot of risk for top-5 picks. That said, QB desperation is a hell of a thing, and part of why I'd argue Arizona was always gonna stick with Kyler Murray. He's good, and sometimes really good, and even with a top-5 pick, that's hard to find. Same thing is likely happening in Miami with Tua.

I think the Chargers are winning the draft so far, assuming they do something I like at #11. Trading down and still getting Odunze is a heck of a start.

I will be around for pick 1.12. I have a long meeting at 9 but will be able to check in hourly at a minimum.

The NY JETS have TRADED the #10 Pick in the 2024 NFL Draft to the Las Vegas Raiders:

The NY JETS Receive

The Las Vegas Raiders receive:

@LawFitz is ON THE CLOCK

Los Angeles Chargers
1.9 WR Rome Odunze

Analysis: After letting Keenan Allen and Mike Williams walk in free agency, and with Quentin Johnston not showing much in his rookie season, WR is the top of some glaring needs for this team. As mentioned above, had Harrison fallen to 1.5 that was an auto-pick but, as expected, he wasn't there and I wasn't willing to sacrifice additional draft capital to move up one spot when both Nabers and Odunze are still on the board. Now, without the Vikings' offer, I would have been happy to gran Nabers at 1.5 and be satisfied that Herbert will have a weapon for years to come, but I couldn't pass up moving down four spots to gain another first and I honestly cannot believe the good fortune that, now, I could turn 1.5 and pick 37 into 1.9 and 1.11 and guarantee that I plug two holes.

I put some effort into trying to predict who the Jets take at 1.10 but after reviewing their mocks and needs I decided I was overthinking it and didn't want to chance another team trading into 1.10 and scooping up Odunze given that I view WR as the biggest need in the draft. As such, I'm playing it safe and grabbing the last of the clear top tier in a loaded WR class. We loved having Keenan Allen and Odunze's main comp is - you guessed it - Keenan Allen. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Great trade, smart move trading back in, otherwise The Jets would have not have traded out if Odunze was there...

With the 10th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Las Vegas Raiders select

1.10 Taliese Fuaga, OT - Oregon State

I've read up on all of the top OL in a class that is clearly quite deep, and two guys in particular stand out to me as not just day-one plug-in quality starters, but also (given health), with great potential to become all-pro types at some point in their careers, even very early on, like by the end of their rookie seasons: Joe Alt and Taliese Fuaga.

There are others too, with perhaps similar upside, but none with corresponding super-high floors and/or well-rounded elite pass/run blocking of these two IMO. And others with decent floors, but not nearly the upside. To me, the only thing I would struggle with in placing Fuaga with the elite of the elite prospects would be if my team needed him to play LT, instead of RT. He hasn't done it on the left (yet), and while his pass pro was very solid in college, he may not be ready to protect the blindside on day 1; or ever even, if he has peaked already in terms of his pass-blocking development. Fortunately for the Raiders, they already have a stud LT, who is still early in the prime of his career.

Was it worth trading up three spots and sacrificing a 3rd rounder (getting back a 6th) to do it? Firstly, this guy is an absolute BEAST in terms of run-blocking and physicality - the clear and distant #1 of this OT class in terms of those two aspects. He is not only mean and nasty on the field, but is also a confident alpha leader personality. He is exactly the type of guy Harbaugh and Saleh, and most importantly, Pierce, covet as cornerstone, tone-setting players within the heart of their teams along the OL/DL. As I look at 3rd round vs. 6th round players in this draft, I'd gladly give up that delta in order to make sure the Raiders get Fuaga and perhaps almost as importantly, the Chargers do not.

Last edited:
Here and sent out a trade offer. Will see if the owner bites or I'll pick in the next 30 minutes.

Los Angeles Chargers
1.11 TE Brock Bowers

In a good way, there was some disagreement within the organization as we continue to not believe our good fortune in this draft. After our last trade, I looked hard at team need and unfortunately the holes left by my predecessor became even more glaring. Edge, CB, and OL are all very serious needs (along with RB, but that's not a consideration here) and there are two other players very viable for us here to draft. Coach Jim really pushed for Fashanu and, with Bosa and Mack likely gone after this year, I gave a long look at Dallas Turner. At the end of the day though, and even though we signed Dissly and have Parham and Stone under contract, it just never seemed plausible to us that we might be able to get both a top tier WR and Bowers in this draft. We have Odunze and Bowers both in the top 6 of our big board so, in an effort to equip Herbert for years to come with elite pass catchers, I ultimately made the final call to take the most fun pick and best player available to demonstrate commitment to both Herbert and our fans that they'll have something to see and we'll ride out Bosa and Mack for one more year. Now, if we can just keep Herbert upright...

I am fielding offers for pick 15. There are many players I like in this range. If I don't get anything shortly after I am on the clock I will just pick though. Looking to move down some slots for Day 2 picks.

linkage

Last edited:
I’m also fielding offers for 16. Looking to move down to somewhere in the 20s for day 2 pick(s). Open to other options if you see something.

With the extra 3rd rd pick now in hand, The NY Jets are selecting

1.13 - QB: Michael Penix Jr. Washington

Joe D has done a very nice job re-tooling this offensive line. There is a risk of injury for sure and grabbing an O-Lineman here would probably be the safest move, grabbing Bowers earlier at 10 would have also been a nice weapon to add. I do like the potential of 3rd year year TE Ruckert as he has flashed at times and TConklin was one of the few offensive bright spots and should continue to click with Rodgers. Depth at O-Line is a bit of a concern for sure, but the rookie Warren showed promise last year as a potential swing tackle and Max Mitchell is still decent depth. I also think there is a chance they sign Baktari as a backup up to Smith which will allow me to gamble a bit here. There is no position more important than than QB as we saw last year with this team, and allowing Penix to sit and learn for a year or two would set his franchise up for a succession plan they almost never have had.

Hat tip to @RC94 for opening up the QB conversation

New Orleans Saints select

1.14 - Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State

I didn't think he would make it to 14, but glad he fell. My other consideration was JC Latham. OL was really the only thing I considered, because we need to keep Derek Carr upright. Let's see what we can do with our next pick at 2.45.

Users who are viewing this thread