What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Mock Draft (3 Viewers)

I'm gonna give it a few minutes to anyone who wants to trade up to #4, otherwise the pick will be coming soon.
@FunkyPlutos
Funky told me he doesn't want to pay the ridiculous prices being asked for to trade up and would rather stand pat.

So save the carney act.
I don't think that what teams are asking for is ridiculous...just too many good players at positions of need to only trade if they get blown away...can't blame them at all.

With the #4 pick, the Arizona Cardinals select Marvin Harrison WR Ohio State

I think Harrison is the best WR prospect since Calvin and is better in many ways than him too. Harrison is the best WR in the class at the following things in my opinion:

* Route running
* Getting off press
* Making spectacular catches
* Holding on to tough catches through contact

I don't think he has a single hole in his game. Others have more YAC ability, but Harrison's is fine. I also think its interesting that Harrison didn't miss CJ Stroud at all. I don't think his name is a big deal. If he were Marvin Smith, he'd still be this level prospect, though I'm guessing working with his dad gave him a natural aptitude for nuances of the position, the talent would be there regardless.

He's been comped to AJ Green, and to be honest, that feels reasonable as a middle ground, but I think Harrison's upside is a good bit higher. I think this is a potential HOF player, and I think both Washington and especially New England are reaching to fill a need on riskier players. I would have kept Howell and drafted Harrison if I were running Washington, so thrilled to get him at #4.

I think he'll instantly be a top-12 fantasy WR as a rookie, and likely puts Kyler Murray back into QB1 territory. 2020 DeAndre Hopkins is a reasonable (if slightly higher end) expectation. Michael Wilson showed some ability last year when healthy, and Trey McBride looks like a potential star at TE. Adding Jonah Williams and presumable moving him back to his preferred LT upgraded the OL, and James Conner is coming off the best season of his career, with some decent depth in Demarcado and Carter. This is a sneaky good offense with an elite #1 WR.

I wanted a lot for this pick, probably too much. I don't think Arizona is as far off as people think (I think a wildcard is possible with better health) and while adding multiple good players would be nice, adding an elite one is probably nicer.

I'm gonna give it a few minutes to anyone who wants to trade up to #4, otherwise the pick will be coming soon.
@FunkyPlutos
Funky told me he doesn't want to pay the ridiculous prices being asked for to trade up and would rather stand pat.

So save the carney act.
I don't think that what teams are asking for is ridiculous...just too many good players at positions of need to only trade if they get blown away...can't blame them at all.
I didn’t know what @travdogg was asking for. Seems high to me as well.

I think Minnesota can be really patient in this draft and completely revamp their team.

I’m up with the chargers and will try to pick asap. I did receive some offers for the pick I need to analyze (while juggling my real life work obligations).

It looks like the only remaining team is CLE.
@MAC_32
@Bracie Smathers
Both are usually posting in the Browns' thread
Thanks, but I'll pass. Been unusually disengaged from all things draft. May catch up in April, but not something I thought about til getting @'d here.
Hi MAC.

I don't think you have missed much.
Maybe, but my starting point is it only took until pick 11 for me to get to a name I didn't recognize. I only count 5 names I recognize beyond them and 1 of them (Nix) shouldn't be there. But your reply at least prompted me to google one mock draft, which now gives me a grand total of one mock draft reviewed on the season.

At #5 does anyone think Harbaugh tells Minnesota to go to hell because of how they turned him down for their coaching job?

If the trade chart is any kind of reliable indicator, Harbaugh trading 1.5 (1700 pts) for 1.11 (1250) and 1.23 (760), would yield him an excess return of 310 pts, equivalent to a late 2nd rounder, 2.27. So unless there's a player he really really wants at 1.5, seems like it'd be unwise to let any sort of personal grudge sway him.

Chicago is looking to trade down from 1.09, mainly wanting to add day 2 picks. Willing to trade down pretty far in the first as long as the value is fair, or just a few spots. We could work out the terms of a deal in advance and then finalize it once the pick is on the clock.

Last edited:
Unless it’s a bluff, Vikings and LAC here is the most obvious trade ever. Or I guess if LAC love Nabers as much as AZ loves MHJ.

The Vikings and Chargers have made a trade: Minnesota gets the #5 and the Chargers get #11 and #23.

With the 5th overall pick, the Minnesota Vikings select: JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan

I have always been a fan of McCarthy and thought maybe he would even make it to #11 but with all the Harbaugh talk, it is too risky to not try and acquire him at this pick. It was huge not having to give up next year's first rounder. He is only 21 years old, and hasn't really played in an "open" offense so I feel his skills are kind of "hidden" compared to the other top QBs. HUGE get for the Vikings!!

Ran has the pick in hand but if the unlikely occurs and our guy is sniped, we’ll take offers for Nabers.

When does this start?
We will start by Tuesday.
Ok you can sign me up for a team if you need me. I prefer the Chargers out of the teams left but any one is fine.
Since LAC is taken I signed you up for HOU. Let me know if you prefer a different team. CHI is also available since it's currently signed to someone who has another team.
Sure, I will take a shot at to e Texans if no one else wants them.
DT and CB might be the biggest needs, with WR another good position especially if someone slides.
(y)

Giants shell shocked over losing JJM. But Nabers is a solid consolation prize for a team staring at death's door at WR right now:

No brainer.
The first 7 picks, with the trade, are almost a lock. Or so it seems.
I can't help but think some team is gonna fall in love with Dallas Turner and blow up the draft expectations.

Giants shell shocked over losing JJM. But Nabers is a solid consolation prize for a team staring at death's door at WR right now:

No brainer.
The first 7 picks, with the trade, are almost a lock. Or so it seems.
Thankfully I am drafting at No 8...looking easier and easier to make the selection.
-Nobody has reached out about a potential trade, and I doubt one will happen when the Falcons are on the clock.

So...am I thinking correctly that we can't allow future year pick trades to be part of this mock...otherwise the trades would screw up the mock?

I'm thinking that picks in the top 3 rounds of this draft should be the main pieces in any trade we make, so that we directly feel the consequences and we avoid anything too crazy. But it seems fine to include a later 2024 pick, or a 2025 pick, to help balance out a deal.

So...am I thinking correctly that we can't allow future year pick trades to be part of this mock...otherwise the trades would screw up the mock?
It's going to be hard to manage for sure.
-I thought if the Vikings traded 11 and 23 to move up to say No 4, then 4 plus '25 1st to move up to No 2...but now we're past that point.

I think it's probably best if the trades involve this year's picks, otherwise there is nothing stopping everyone from trading their team's 1st Rd pick in '25.

I'm thinking that picks in the top 3 rounds of this draft should be the main pieces in any trade we make, so that we directly feel the consequences and we avoid anything too crazy. But it seems fine to include a later 2024 pick, or a 2025 pick, to help balance out a deal.
Agreed. I thought about trading out/down for what I would want the Colts to do, but there is no way to see the benefit with this resetting annually.

It's going to be hard to manage for sure.
-I thought if the Vikings traded 11 and 23 to move up to say No 4, then 4 plus '25 1st to move up to No 2...but now we're past that point.

I think it's probably best if the trades involve this year's picks, otherwise there is nothing stopping everyone from trading their team's 1st Rd pick in '25.
:2cents: I think we can keep things reasonable just by peer pressure. But I do agree that we probably shouldn’t make deal like the 11 and next year’s 1st for the 7. :oldunsure:

1.06 - WR. Malik Nabers, LSU

Nabers is a true elite #1 WR. I don't think the Giants have ever had a WR with his talent. Jones may not be the answer at QB, but having Nabers on board will help whoever is the QB of the future.

So far the draft is going exactly how I hope it does.

Ran has taken control in the reset of the titans after deleting the past. Now we’ll get to watch what Callahan sr can do with a potentially lethal, elite left side of the offensive line and give his hopefully franchise QB time to find Ridley and Hopkins, plus pollard and spears time to run.

1.07 the Tennessee Titans take Joe Alt, ND LT.

Bloodlines matter, and Joe will hopefully exceed his dad’s success. With the right coaching, Joe could very well be a perennial pro bowler, and combined with Sko the sky is the limit. The fans in Nashville who understand how bad the OL has been and what it takes to win in the NFL will be thrilled. OL might not be sexy but Alt/Sko truly have me excited. :excited:

The greatest fear in this draft is the Chargers taking Alt at 5. Or the jets trading up to get him.

Ran has taken control in the reset of the titans after deleting the past. Now we’ll get to watch what Callahan sr can do with a potentially lethal, elite left side of the offensive line and give his hopefully franchise QB time to find Ridley and Hopkins, plus pollard and spears time to run.

Bloodlines matter, and Joe will hopefully exceed his dad’s success. With the right coaching, Joe could very well be a perennial pro bowler, and combined with Sko the sky is the limit. The fans in Nashville who understand how bad the OL has been and what it takes to win in the NFL will be thrilled. OL might not be sexy but Alt/Sko truly have me excited. :excited:

The greatest fear in this draft is the Chargers taking Alt at 5. Or the jets trading up to get him.
LOVE this pick. I thought Alt would go at 5 or 6. Great value.

I really think San...uh Los Angeles will take Alt. Harbaugh was just saying they need to pound the ball and that the OL is key.

I really think San...uh Los Angeles will take Alt. Harbaugh was just saying they need to pound the ball and that the OL is key.
I agree...if they don't trade up for Harrison or Nabers. Losing WR1, WR2 and RB1/WR3 is gonna leave a mark.

I agree...if they don't trade up for Harrison or Nabers. Losing WR1, WR2 and RB1/WR3 is gonna leave a mark.
I understand that there is a crater at WR. I think that Harbaugh will fill WR holes with B- veterans and build that line up. Later in the draft we should see RB and WR darts in later rounds. I bet he thinks he can coach 'em up and get what he needs.

I understand that there is a crater at WR. I think that Harbaugh will fill WR holes with B- veterans and build that line up. Later in the draft we should see RB and WR darts in later rounds. I bet he thinks he can coach 'em up and get what he needs.
It might be early to call it but 2.37 Roman Wilson.

Edge, CB, WR, DT and Safety seem like the biggest needs for the Falcons, I woulda thought with Cousins arriving that they would want to make sure their OL is tops
Apparently that's not an issue for Atlanta, doesn't come up as a need anywhere.
I'm not sure what folks see in the top Edge rushers that are projected in this draft, but I'm gonna pass.
There are 2 primary DL/DT that IMHO are better prospects than the Edge rushers.

The Falcons have some holes in their Secondary and you could argue for both CB and Safety
1.08 Atlanta Falcons select Cooper DeJean, CB Iowa

Dejean is a Top 10 prospect on many sites, he sits at No 8 overall on PPF's Big Board Top 300
I feel Cooper, both DTs and Quinyon Mitchell should all go before any of the Edge guys are taken, I might even argue for Wiggins and Arnold at DB.
DeJean can play both CB or Safety, both needs for Atlanta. He has terrific size 6-1/205 and in 2022, Copper had three pick-sixes
I know some will say I should have tried harder to trade down but I feel DeJean will go a lot higher than some seem to project currently.
Anyone that watched Iowa football in the Big10 knows this kid was special and part of an outstanding college defense that held opponents to low scores.
If Iowa had any Offense they would have competed more with the likes of Michigan. I'm sure Jim Harbaugh has this kid on a short list. of players he wants.

Would have been disappointed to trade back and miss out on him
@ZWK Back to you at No 9

Edge, CB, WR, DT and Safety seem like the biggest needs for the Falcons, I woulda thought with Cousins arriving that they would want to make sure their OL is tops
I'm not sure what folks see in the top Edge rushers that are projected in this draft, but I'm gonna pass.

The Falcons have some holes in their Secondary and you could argue for both CB and Safety

Dejean is a Top 10 prospect on many sites, he sits at No 8 overall on PPF's Big Board Top 300
I feel Cooper, both DTs and Quinyon Mitchell should all go before any of the Edge guys are taken, I might even argue for Wiggins and Arnold at DB.
DeJean can play both CB or Safety, both needs for Atlanta. He has terrific size 6-1/205 and in 2022, Copper had three pick-sixes
I know some will say I should have tried harder to trade down but I feel DeJean will go a lot higher than some seem to project currently.
Anyone that watched Iowa football in the Big10 knows this kid was special and part of an outstanding college defense that held opponents to low scores.
If Iowa had any Offense they would have competed more with the likes of Michigan. I'm sure Jim Harbaugh has this kid on a short list. of players he wants.

@ZWK Back to you at No 9
Interesting. I’d have thought Mitchell and Arnold the top two

I'll be trading down from pick 9. Get your offers in in the next 5 minutes, then I'll pick which one to go with.

@ZWK Back to you at No 9
Same. Thought DeJean would slip into the mid 20 picks and I might make a move to go up and get him from pick 31. Well, that plan is shot to hell

Arnold had slower than expected 40, 4.51. It may hurt him, although some still have him as the best CB. The Cooper pick spells versatility. I would be surprised if he's the #1 CB drafted, but PPF wouldn't be.

I worked out a deal earlier today with someone who isn't online now, so we'll probably finalize that once they're online.

Users who are viewing this thread