What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Golden Tate (2 Viewers)

On anybodies WW ? Re-draft.

He was dropped onto mine about 2 weeks ago and is still sitting there. Can't really quantify it but think he might have an upswing in the coming weeks.

-was clutch in the Lions last drive against Packers. Maybe this sparks something.

- Lions now have three home games in a row coming off a morale gaining win.

- Perhaps the young O line starts to improve now - new OC, win coming off bye week - schedule softening up a little - and this improves Staffords play.

Tim Twentyman of the Lions' website expects Golden Tate to lead the team in receptions this season.
Twentyman predicts Tate will "edge out" Marvin Jones for the reception lead, but believes Jones will be "right there." Tate has led Detroit in catches in back-to-back seasons (99, 90). He could push for 100-plus in the post-Megatron era. Based on current ADP, however, Tate's expected leap is already being baked into his draft-day cost. He's often going in the fourth and even third round, while Jones commonly lasts until the seventh and eighth.

Related: Marvin Jones

Source: detroitlions.com 
May 25 - 9:12 PM

I agree with their take, but I don't know where they are getting their ADP data from. The FBG consensus ADP is 47 based off of 5 different websites, the highest being 45 and lowest 61.

MLive.com's Kyle Meinke reports Golden Tate has battled a "case of the dropsies" at training camp.
He had one on Saturday and a pair of them in 11-on-11 drills at Tuesday's joint-practice with the Steelers. Drops happen all the time and are nothing to get all that worked up about, but during these rough few days for Tate, Marvin Jones has emerged as the Lions' clear No. 1 receiver, per Meinke. Tate is still going to see heavy targets this season, but Jones is probably the better buy at his current ADP. Tate is coming off the board in round four, while Jones can be had in the eighth.

Source: MLive.com 
Aug 10 - 9:19 AM

Dropped a 3rd down TD pass on the opening drive last night v. Bengals.

Meanwhile Marvin Jones - available 40 picks behind Tate's ADP - continues to look like the Lions #1 WR.

Yeah that was disappointing to see- jones stock and adp should start to climb, he looks really good so far and stafford seems to trust him, or it's just muscle memory from throwing it up to Calvin. Tate is a good pro though, and he's never really had issues with drops that I can remember. I'm willing to give him a pass, let's see him in the dress rehearsal. If he has another drop I'll start to worry. The starting offense looked pretty decent, just couldn't finish the drive. Missing ebron in the red zone, hope he works his way back soon.

i haven't seen any reporting on this shoulder, other than speculation that the fact a serious injury HASN'T been reported yet is probably good news... still not great anytime a player leaves and cant return

per rapsheet, AC sprain, i recall jordan reed was unable to play through this injury last year (suffered injury on thanksgiving, basically did nothing or didnt play final 5 games).

According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, the Lions have yet to have any "substantive" extension talks with contract-year WR Golden Tate.

The Lions aren't rushing anything with Tate, especially while Matt Patricia adjusts to his new role as head coach. "Obviously, we all know that I’d love to get something done, but I go into each year just trying to prove myself because there’s a new batch of guys that are probably coming in to try to take my job," said Tate. The 29-year-old slot receiver has exceeded expectations since joining the Lions on a five-year, $31 million contract in 2014, amassing at least 90 catches in each of his four seasons with Detroit. He's also been extremely durable, starting 95 straight games dating back to 2012.

Source: Detroit Free Press

May 13 - 9:51 AM

Golden Tate doesn't think his age should be held against him in contract negotiations.

"The only thing that really bothers me with this contract is that now people are trying to use 29 going 30 against me and I don't think that's fair because I haven't shown any decline," said Tate in an interview on SiriusXM. Tate has been among the most productive slot receivers in football during his Lions tenure, topping 1,000 yards in three of his last four seasons while averaging 93 catches over that span. The Notre Dame alum is slated to earn $7 million in the final year of his contract.

Source: SiriusXM NFL on Twitter 

Jul 13 - 4:16 PM

Eagles would be a great landing spot.  Mike Wallace was supposed to be the field stretcher and he hasn't made it back at all due to injury.  Agholor continues to have his 8 rec for 25 yard weeks and he's not getting it done.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles plan to line up Golden Tate in multiple spots.

Tate was mostly limited to the slot in Detroit, but the Eagles plan to use him all over the field. He's picked up the offense quickly over the bye week and will have an immediate role in three-wide sets. Tate is our No. 24 ranked wideout for Week 10.

Source: NFL Network 

Nov 11 - 9:24 AM

Golden Tate hauled in 5-of-8 targets for 48 yards in the Eagles' Week 11 loss to the Saints.

Tate actually led the team in targets, catches, and yards in a pitiful display from the Eagles' offense. That said, it was promising to see Tate heavily utilized after playing just 29 percent of the snaps in his debut. With his role growing, Tate will be in the FLEX conversation next week against the Giants. 

Nov 18 - 8:25 PM

Eagles OC Mike Groh said incorporating Golden Tate into the offense has been difficult.

Despite a bye week following the trade, Tate's career in Philadelphia has started off slowly. He did see a big bump in playing time against the Saints, however, and ended up leading the team in targets (8), catches (5), and yards (48). Even so, this trade is looking like a mistake, especially with the Eagles falling out of the playoff race.

Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter 

Nov 20 - 12:33 PM

Hopefully he’s back.  Still not sure I can trust him for the fantasy playoffs but it’s good to see he put up some numbers. 

Golden Tate caught just one of his three targets for seven yards in the Eagles' Week 14 overtime loss to Dallas.

Tate had seen 8, 8, and 7 targets in his past three games, which makes it even more astonishing that he saw just three on Sunday. It was Alshon Jeffery (6/50/1) who instead reemerged as the team's No. 1 wideout. Consider this one an anomaly as Tate will have the better matchup in the slot in Week 15 against the Rams. He'll be a WR3 in that one, too.

Dec 9 - 9:27 PM

He had a monster game (albeit with the Lions) earlier this year. Benched Alshon for him - the right process based on trends for both.

The trend is your friend - until it ends.  :shrug:

He had a monster game (albeit with the Lions) earlier this year. Benched Alshon for him - the right process based on trends for both.

The trend is your friend - until it ends.  :shrug:
I am heading into my bye week and he was going to be my wr2 or flex but now he and Sutton have crapped the bed. Not sure what to do.. best out there is stills foster and moncrief.

I am heading into my bye week and he was going to be my wr2 or flex but now he and Sutton have crapped the bed. Not sure what to do.. best out there is stills foster and moncrief.
AB just put up 5-35-0, worst line all year (maybe years)

Granted that’s not a good comp but I’m just gonna go back with Alshon as I think he’s a better RZ threat. Stills always has a couple blowup games every year, GL guessing which ones it’ll be.

Free agent Golden Tate said he "would love" to sign with the Patriots.

"Man, I would love it," Tate said. "You gotta admire that organization. They do things right. They've been doing it for a long, long, long time. So, I'd definitely love to be a part of something like that and catch a few passes from ol' Tommy Boy. ... I definitely would not mind going over there for sure." The Patriots would seem to be interested in a player like Tate as well; he's someone that can play inside and outside with versatility. Receiver figures to be one of the Patriots' main areas of focus this offseason with Josh Gordon suspended and Phillip Dorsett, Chris Hogan, and Cordarrelle Patterson being free agents. Tate will turn 31 in August.

RELATED: 

New England Patriots

SOURCE: NBC Sports Boston

Feb 27, 2019, 12:46 PM

NFL Network reports the Patriots are interested in free agent Golden Tate.

We are also hearing the sun is hot. The Patriots brought in Maurice Harris and Bruce Ellington for visits on Thursday, but Tate is simply on a different level than those two. With Tate seemingly encountering a colder than expected market, the Patriots could end up getting the 30-year-old at a bargain.

RELATED: 

New England Patriots

SOURCE: Providence Journal

Mar 14, 2019, 10:06 AM

Users who are viewing this thread