What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] 2014 Rookie Draft Rankings (Pre-Combine Edition) (1 Viewer)

Another RB I like that wasn't invited to the combine is Rajion Neal RB Tennessee
I like Neal too. I got a pre-combine RB top 10

Isaiah Crowell

Bishop Sankey

Tre Mason

Carlos Hyde

Rajion Neal

George Atkinson

Lache Seastrunk

Andre Williams

Devonta Freeman

Jeremy Hill

Another RB I like that wasn't invited to the combine is Rajion Neal RB Tennessee
I like Neal too. I got a pre-combine RB top 10Isaiah Crowell

Bishop Sankey

Tre Mason

Carlos Hyde

Rajion Neal

George Atkinson

Lache Seastrunk

Andre Williams

Devonta Freeman

Jeremy Hill
Crowell is #1?
I think so. I know he comes with baggage and its going to affect his draft stock. It would not surprise me if he went undrafted. However, his combination of size, speed and shiftiness reminds me of Fred Taylor. I think he is the most talented in this class.

I hope these ranking hold. I would like to steal Grice in a similar spot to where I got Andre Ellington last year.

Isaiah Crowell

Bishop SankeyTre Mason

Carlos Hyde

Rajion Neal

George Atkinson

Lache Seastrunk

Andre Williams

Devonta Freeman

Jeremy Hill
I think this is the lowest I've seen Hill. What don't you like about him?
I don't think he translates his size into power very well. His agility and acceleration are just ok. He is a big guy who can move a little. If he falls into the right opportunity, he can put up decent stats (almost any RB can). However, I don't view him as someone who would be securing a second contract as a starter (i.e. Shonn Greene).

I like Neal too. I got a pre-combine RB top 10

Isaiah Crowell

Bishop Sankey

Tre Mason

Carlos Hyde

Rajion Neal

George Atkinson

Lache Seastrunk

Andre Williams

Devonta Freeman

Jeremy Hill
how far down do you have terrance west ranked?
Not enough video for me to make a good assessment. There are others.

Good list so far....Still have to dig in this rookie season a bit more, but the one WR I'm going to probably move up is Jarvis Landry.

I like Neal too. I got a pre-combine RB top 10Isaiah Crowell

Bishop Sankey

Tre Mason

Carlos Hyde

Rajion Neal

George Atkinson

Lache Seastrunk

Andre Williams

Devonta Freeman

Jeremy Hill
Crowell is #1?
I think so. I know he comes with baggage and its going to affect his draft stock. It would not surprise me if he went undrafted. However, his combination of size, speed and shiftiness reminds me of Fred Taylor. I think he is the most talented in this class.
He's talented and could go undrafted, but I don't see Fred Taylor because Crowell isn't that big.

Sankey

Seastrunk

Neal*

Mason

Carey

Freeman

Hyde

Hill

Special thanks to Nero for turning me on to Neal. He doesn't have much flash, but he's solid: good vision, good power, and better burst than the more heralded backs Hyde and Carey. Neal also catches passes well, which has become a necessity for modern NFL running backs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe 20 guys have the makeup to be 1st round picks in fantasy, such a deep year. The more and more I analyze the more shocked I am that there is this much talent on the board. the 5th pick in one draft could be the 12 pick in another the talent is so even and deep, not really top heavy with exception of maybe two or three players.

Below are my pre-combine positional rankings:

Running Backs

1- Jeremy Hill

2- Bishop Sankey

3- Ka'Deem Carey

4- Tre Mason

5- Carlos Hyde

6- Lache Seatrunk

7- Devonta Freeman

8- Isaiah Crowell

9- Charles Sims

10- Andre Williams

11- Terrence West

12- Storm Johnson

13- James Wilder Jr

14- James White

15- Antonio Andrews

16- Kapri Bibbs

17- Marion Grice

18- De'Anthony Thomas

19- George Atkinson III

20- Damien Williams

Wide Receivers

1- Sammy Watkins

2- Marquise Lee

3- Mike Evans

4- Kelvin Benjamin

5- Allen Robinson

6- Jordan Matthews

7- Brandin Cooks

8- Paul Richardson

9- Odell Beckham Jr

10- Jarvis Landry

11- Brandon Coleman

12- Davante Adams

13 Cody Hoffman

14- Donte Moncreif

15- Jered Abbrederis

TE

1- Eric Ebron

2- Austin Seferian-Jenkins

3- Jace Amaro

4- Richard Rodgers

5- Troy Niklas

QB

1- Johnny Manziel

2- Teddy Bridgewater

3- Blake Bortels

Observations:

*There is not much separating the top 6 RBs right now. Each of the top 6 that I've listed I'm very confident will be successful NFL backs. This is a very good year if you need a running back. The combine and NFL location will help cement the order for Dynasty Rookie Drafts.

*Wide Receiver position is also very deep and talented.

*TE is very top heavy. I feel great about the top 3 TEs listed and like Rodgers quite a bit.

*QB offers 3 decent options. I think Johnny Football is going to be a great NFL QB.

*Ive been doing Dynasty Rookie Drafts for the last 13 years and I have never seen so much fantasy talent in any of the previous Rookie Drafts that I've participated in.

Below are my pre-combine positional rankings:

Running Backs

1- Jeremy Hill

2- Bishop Sankey

3- Ka'Deem Carey

4- Tre Mason

5- Carlos Hyde

6- Lache Seatrunk

7- Devonta Freeman

8- Isaiah Crowell

9- Charles Sims

10- Andre Williams

11- Terrence West

12- Storm Johnson

13- James Wilder Jr

14- James White

15- Antonio Andrews

16- Kapri Bibbs

17- Marion Grice

18- De'Anthony Thomas

19- George Atkinson III

20- Damien Williams

Wide Receivers

1- Sammy Watkins

2- Marquise Lee

3- Mike Evans

4- Kelvin Benjamin

5- Allen Robinson

6- Jordan Matthews

7- Brandin Cooks

8- Paul Richardson

9- Odell Beckham Jr

10- Jarvis Landry

11- Brandon Coleman

12- Davante Adams

13 Cody Hoffman

14- Donte Moncreif

15- Jered Abbrederis

TE

1- Eric Ebron

2- Austin Seferian-Jenkins

3- Jace Amaro

4- Richard Rodgers

5- Troy Niklas

QB

1- Johnny Manziel

2- Teddy Bridgewater

3- Blake Bortels

Observations:

*There is not much separating the top 6 RBs right now. Each of the top 6 that I've listed I'm very confident will be successful NFL backs. This is a very good year if you need a running back. The combine and NFL location will help cement the order for Dynasty Rookie Drafts.

*Wide Receiver position is also very deep and talented.

*TE is very top heavy. I feel great about the top 3 TEs listed and like Rodgers quite a bit.

*QB offers 3 decent options. I think Johnny Football is going to be a great NFL QB.

*Ive been doing Dynasty Rookie Drafts for the last 13 years and I have never seen so much fantasy talent in any of the previous Rookie Drafts that I've participated in.
I moved my 1.03 for 1.06, 1.08 and 2.1. I feel I can get just as good as a runner at pick 6 or 8 that I could get at 1.3 The draft is so deep I don't doubt some of the options I am considering at 1.06 or 1.08 will be there.

Given that this is the pre-combine edition, and with the combine not too far away.....

Anyone want to give a shot to a top 20 dynasty list from this upcoming class, for a standard 12 teamer?

I'll start:

1. Watkins

2-19. ???

Here is my top20 currently. It's based on 2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE PPR league.

Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans
Ka'Deem Carey
Carlos Hyde
Eric Ebron
Tre Mason
Teddy Bridgewater
Allen Robinson
Odell Beckham
Jeremy Hill
Kelvin Benjamin
Jace Amaro
Lache Seastrunk
Jordan Matthews
Isaiah Crowell
Austin Sefarian-Jenks
Blake Bortles
Marquis Lee
Jarvis Landry
Storm Johnson

I don't pretend to be an expert on having an eye for talent and in fact some of the guys on my list have been influenced by others on this board. I don't do very much of watching them on tape or anything (usually just watch the RB's) so keep that in mind. It's all extremely subjective but I just wanted to post this for fun.

GeeYouknit said:

Sammy Watkins

Mike Evans

Ka'Deem Carey

Carlos Hyde

Eric Ebron

Tre Mason

Teddy Bridgewater

Allen Robinson

Odell Beckham

Jeremy Hill

Kelvin Benjamin

Jace Amaro

Lache Seastrunk

Jordan Matthews

Isaiah Crowell

Austin Sefarian-Jenks

Blake Bortles

Marquis Lee

Jarvis Landry

Storm Johnson

I don't pretend to be an expert on having an eye for talent and in fact some of the guys on my list have been influenced by others on this board. I don't do very much of watching them on tape or anything (usually just watch the RB's) so keep that in mind. It's all extremely subjective but I just wanted to post this for fun.
Pretty low on Marquis Lee. What's that all about?

GeeYouknit said:

Sammy Watkins

Mike Evans

Ka'Deem Carey

Carlos Hyde

Eric Ebron

Tre Mason

Teddy Bridgewater

Allen Robinson

Odell Beckham

Jeremy Hill

Kelvin Benjamin

Jace Amaro

Lache Seastrunk

Jordan Matthews

Isaiah Crowell

Austin Sefarian-Jenks

Blake Bortles

Marquis Lee

Jarvis Landry

Storm Johnson

I view him as a "safe" pick. He doesn't jump off the screen for me and he doesn't seem like a guy you feed on offense so his fantasy value is capped to me. WR's are easy to find IMO so I would rather invest in someone I believe in at a different position.

18) Martavis Bryant 6-5 200 Clemson

2013- 42 for 828 7

2012- 10 for 305 4

2011- 9 for 221 2

Comparison: More explosive Justin Hunter

Welcome to this years height/speed freak at WR. At 6-5, Bryant has a very long frame and he will run in the 4.3s at the combine. His production at Clemson was never great, but he always showed glimpses and hes raw. Weve seen this story before in: Matt Jones, Stephen Hill, Justin Hunter, Demaryius Thomas, Charles Johnson, and Alex Bannister(for the older crowd). The NFL loves these guys, but how will he develop and refine his game? Bryant is skinny and needs to add some strength to his frame. He needs to work on being consistent in his jump ball skills and using his size to his advantage. Route running is below average because he ran mostly 9 routes at Clemson, which I dont blame them. Hands are only average because at times he can pluck the football and other times it looks like he fights the football, however theyre not terrible. He hasnt put it all together yet, but if he doeswatch out.

FF wise: WR1 to NFL WR4
Ran a 4.34. While I don't think this surprises many, it would've been more impressive had he indeed measured in at 6'5. Either way, at 6'3 1/2 and running a 4.34, he will be rising up the charts now.

2013- 42 for 828 7

2012- 10 for 305 4

2011- 9 for 221 2

Welcome to this years height/speed freak at WR. At 6-5, Bryant has a very long frame and he will run in the 4.3s at the combine. His production at Clemson was never great, but he always showed glimpses and hes raw. Weve seen this story before in: Matt Jones, Stephen Hill, Justin Hunter, Demaryius Thomas, Charles Johnson, and Alex Bannister(for the older crowd). The NFL loves these guys, but how will he develop and refine his game? Bryant is skinny and needs to add some strength to his frame. He needs to work on being consistent in his jump ball skills and using his size to his advantage. Route running is below average because he ran mostly 9 routes at Clemson, which I dont blame them. Hands are only average because at times he can pluck the football and other times it looks like he fights the football, however theyre not terrible. He hasnt put it all together yet, but if he doeswatch out.

Ran a 4.34. While I don't think this surprises many, it would've been more impressive had he indeed measured in at 6'5. Either way, at 6'3 1/2 and running a 4.34, he will be rising up the charts now.
He will jump around 40 in the vert and 11 in the broad as well. Athletic freak.

Sammy Watkins

Mike Evans

Ka'Deem Carey

Carlos Hyde

Eric Ebron

Tre Mason

Teddy Bridgewater

Allen Robinson

Odell Beckham

Jeremy Hill

Kelvin Benjamin

Jace Amaro

Lache Seastrunk

Jordan Matthews

Isaiah Crowell

Austin Sefarian-Jenks

Blake Bortles

Marquis Lee

Jarvis Landry

Storm Johnson

I view him as a "safe" pick. He doesn't jump off the screen for me and he doesn't seem like a guy you feed on offense so his fantasy value is capped to me. WR's are easy to find IMO so I would rather invest in someone I believe in at a different position.
Sounds like Keenan Allen last year.

2013- 42 for 828 7

2012- 10 for 305 4

2011- 9 for 221 2

Can he catch though? run routes etc.

2013- 42 for 828 7

2012- 10 for 305 4

2011- 9 for 221 2

Can he catch though? run routes etc.
He can catch. He's not a great natural catcher, though. Route running is going to be the biggest challenge. He wasn't used a lot of ways at Clemson, overshadowed by Watkins and Hopkins. There's limited film to watch as his opportunities were limited. I've seen him make spectacular catches but also drop or double catch others that were relatively easy. Right now I see him as a better version of S. Hill. He's a remarkable athlete with great size but lacking a lot of polish. In a class like this he will probably go in the mid to late 2nd round.

I love your draft threads, nice work
I see so many holes in your rankings it is ridiculous.... So you hit on Keenan Allen last year... No wonder why... You are so high on WRs... I am NOT impressed!
they aren't my rankings but he did a nice job and it's a great thread. no problem with disagreeing with his rankings but at least respect the work he put in.
Well said. I, for one, appreciate the time he put into the work.
I agree. Somehow missed last year's post, but it was excellent, esp now in hindsight.

Watching the Combine today and some of the guys I came away impressed by are highlighted in this write up. I'm going to have to go back and read/watch a bit more on some of these guys, as well as bookmark this thread for some later reference. Thanks for your work!

I see so many holes in your rankings it is ridiculous.... So you hit on Keenan Allen last year... No wonder why... You are so high on WRs... I am NOT impressed!
Brewtown, why are you such an #######? This is a forum for people to share opinions. I may disagree with a few things, but would never post your awful comments. If you can't respect people's time and effort maybe you should just not post on FBGuys forums. It's really disrespectful.
Stay classy Captain America...

Sorry about your team. You should make it a general rule not to post on these boards just hours after your team gets CLOCKED in the Super Bowl. Your frustration really shows in your comments.

I don't care if your Pope John Paul II or Mother Theresa - if you have Odell Beckum as your #4 Rookie Dynasty Prospect in this stacked class..... I'm going to give you a piece of my mind!
That was ridiculous. Please stop.

I don't care if your Pope John Paul II or Mother Theresa - if you have Odell Beckum as your #4 Rookie Dynasty Prospect in this stacked class..... I'm going to give you a piece of my mind!
Rotoworld:

LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr. will continue to gain momentum "as scouts get into more late game tape and we approach the combine and pro-day phase of the process," according to Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl.

Weidl thinks Beckham Jr. will test exceedingly well at the combine. "While he still needs polish as a route-runner and has some occasional drops, Beckham's blend of suddenness, acceleration and top-end speed is evident on tape," wrote Weidl. "He brings strong vertical capabilities outside the hashes, and he is dangerous with the ball in his hands after the catch and in the return game." Scouts are beginning to prefer Beckham Jr. over teammate Jarvis Landry, according to Weidl. "Beckham has the speed explosiveness to create big plays outside the hashes and develop into a strong No. 2, ideally as an X receiver," he wrote. "On the flip side, some scouts have expressed concerns about whether Landry can thrive in a No. 2 role because he doesn't have exceptional size to overcome average quickness and top-end speed, which may give him problems consistently creating separation on the outside."

Source: ESPN Insider
Brewtown- I watched a bunch of tape and am high on Beckham. Kevin Weidl says he's gaining momentum and will climb up the boards. Perhaps instead of being brash or critical, you could instead investigate and have a discussion.
Good info on Beckham. Mayock really likes him and he did test well today. I thought of him more as an open space guy/ kick returner but he is sudden, he attacks the ball in the air, and seems to have good hands.

they aren't my rankings but he did a nice job and it's a great thread. no problem with disagreeing with his rankings but at least respect the work he put in.
Well said. I, for one, appreciate the time he put into the work.
I agree. Somehow missed last year's post, but it was excellent, esp now in hindsight.

Watching the Combine today and some of the guys I came away impressed by are highlighted in this write up. I'm going to have to go back and read/watch a bit more on some of these guys, as well as bookmark this thread for some later reference. Thanks for your work!
Thank you, it takes hundreds of hours but I'm glad others can take something useful from it.

Film and stats seem related to me. Here's my ratio... film 85%, combine 14%, stats 1%. Though stats accumulate because of good film. In a vacuum though, they don't mean much.

Film and stats seem related to me. Here's my ratio... film 85%, combine 14%, stats 1%. Though stats accumulate because of good film. In a vacuum though, they don't mean much.
Stats and film do go together some. But I want consistent good play over time. I also want good stats vs good competition.

I like rbs over 6 ypc for an example.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins Washington Hes a big guy thats a decent athlete, very overrated

How can this size/athlete combo be over-rated? Isn't that what you look for?
Dude is one of the best collegiate blocking TEs I have ever seen. Good set of hands but not the greatest route runner. His upside is great and his chances of being an almost every down player on an NFL field are even better since he can block.
To be FF start able at te in most leagues you have to be top 12...32 tes start. He has to be a difference maker and I don't see that in asj.
The above is precisely the reason that I like ASJ as an NFL prospect. His size-athleticism combo give him a great chance to be a difference maker in the NFL. He will be a mis-match on most every play...
I don't see the athleticism piece. I see him being less athletic than Kyle Rudolph. He doesn't run away from defenders in college, he gets caught from behind. That tells me he's at best a 4.8 type player.
LOOKS LIKE HE IS QUITE A BIT FASTER THAN 4.8!Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington: The 6-foot-6, 271-pound Jenkins recently ran 4.56 and definitely got the attention of many clubs. He was trained in a pro offense under Steve Sarkisian and there's plenty of film of him run-blocking. As a receiver he did grab 146 passes and 21 touchdowns in his three seasons. I watched his final three games of 2013 (Oregon State, Washington State, BYU) when he had nine receptions and two touchdowns. I think in the NFL he has a chance to be a complete tight end and his basketball skills are visible on tape. In the right NFL offense -- like New England -- he could explode in production. I see him as an early second-round pick.

Above take is from Pat Kirwin.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins Washington Hes a big guy thats a decent athlete, very overrated

Dude is one of the best collegiate blocking TEs I have ever seen. Good set of hands but not the greatest route runner. His upside is great and his chances of being an almost every down player on an NFL field are even better since he can block.
To be FF start able at te in most leagues you have to be top 12...32 tes start. He has to be a difference maker and I don't see that in asj.
The above is precisely the reason that I like ASJ as an NFL prospect. His size-athleticism combo give him a great chance to be a difference maker in the NFL. He will be a mis-match on most every play...
I don't see the athleticism piece. I see him being less athletic than Kyle Rudolph. He doesn't run away from defenders in college, he gets caught from behind. That tells me he's at best a 4.8 type player.
LOOKS LIKE HE IS QUITE A BIT FASTER THAN 4.8!Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington: The 6-foot-6, 271-pound Jenkins recently ran 4.56 and definitely got the attention of many clubs. He was trained in a pro offense under Steve Sarkisian and there's plenty of film of him run-blocking. As a receiver he did grab 146 passes and 21 touchdowns in his three seasons. I watched his final three games of 2013 (Oregon State, Washington State, BYU) when he had nine receptions and two touchdowns. I think in the NFL he has a chance to be a complete tight end and his basketball skills are visible on tape. In the right NFL offense -- like New England -- he could explode in production. I see him as an early second-round pick.

That 40 time is surprising, but he doesn't play that fast. Plus his character concerns... I wouldn't be shocked if he's a round 3 or later pick

That 40 time is surprising, but he doesn't play that fast. Plus his character concerns... I wouldn't be shocked if he's a round 3 or later pick
He has GREAT Athleticism - especially when you consider his size.

I think he may go in the first round. It wouldn't surprise me if Green Bay jumped on him at pick 21...

He is a high upside potential difference-maker.

tdmills, I cant see rd 3, I think NE Pats would be all over him at the end of the 2nd as Gronk lite.
Ne just had one of the worst things happen to a great player that shamed the organization. You really think they want to grab another te with character concerns?

tdmills, I cant see rd 3, I think NE Pats would be all over him at the end of the 2nd as Gronk lite.
Ne just had one of the worst things happen to a great player that shamed the organization. You really think they want to grab another te with character concerns?
I don't think NE is going to let a once in a lifetime screwup like Hernandez cloud their judgement about all future TEs or players with character concerns.

Pretty sure they've had solid gambles with Moss and Talib. Those were players with past issues that were widely known about. Hernandez issue came straight from left field.

jurb26 said:
tdmills said:
Mingooch said:
I don't think NE is going to let a once in a lifetime screwup like Hernandez cloud their judgement about all future TEs or players with character concerns.
Nobody knows for sure, but if you're ever going to be more careful...I'd say ne may be more cautious.

Isaiah Crowell

Storm Johnson

What are your thoughts on these two? I like both of their chances of being effective NFL starters.

Crowell was a 5-star recruit who produced in the SEC and was Freshman of the year.

From the few games I saw Storm play this year he was very effective and has nice size.
Crowell has some promise, I just don't see elite in his game. He put up good stats but for someone playing in a division down, I would want to see more dominance.

Storm Johnson has good size, but I don't see any special qualities.

Brewtown, you think both of these guys + about how many others from this RB class will have starting jobs? Only 32 in the league
TD Mills - are you singing a different tune on Crowell now??

Isaiah Crowell

Storm Johnson

What are your thoughts on these two? I like both of their chances of being effective NFL starters.

Crowell was a 5-star recruit who produced in the SEC and was Freshman of the year.

From the few games I saw Storm play this year he was very effective and has nice size.
Crowell has some promise, I just don't see elite in his game. He put up good stats but for someone playing in a division down, I would want to see more dominance.

Storm Johnson has good size, but I don't see any special qualities.

Brewtown, you think both of these guys + about how many others from this RB class will have starting jobs? Only 32 in the league
TD Mills - are you singing a different tune on Crowell now??
Not at all(see my posts in the rbs about to break out thread).

Thus far Crowell has had great blocking make him look good.

Did you change your tune after today?

Brewtown, why are you such an #######? This is a forum for people to share opinions. I may disagree with a few things, but would never post your awful comments. If you can't respect people's time and effort maybe you should just not post on FBGuys forums. It's really disrespectful.
Stay classy Captain America...

Sorry about your team. You should make it a general rule not to post on these boards just hours after your team gets CLOCKED in the Super Bowl. Your frustration really shows in your comments.

:lol: After all the posts, I had to bump this one.

Users who are viewing this thread