What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Ben Sinnott, WAS (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
More athletic than Sanders?

2023 SEASON STATS​

• REC
  • YDS
  • TD
  • AVG
Ben Sinnott

Combine Results

40-Yard Dash​

Seconds

10-Yard Split​

Seconds

Vertical Jump​

40’’

Broad Jump​

10’ 6’’

3-Cone Drill​

Seconds

20-Yd Shuttle​

Strengths​

• Speed and agility to run routes on all three levels.
  • Gets quickly into routes and maneuvers around redirection.
  • Adequate contested-catch toughness with steady hands.
  • Can move the chains with his run-after-catch ability.
  • Quick to adjust his target point against moving targets.
  • Light on his feet with feel for angles as positional blocker.

Weaknesses​

• Below-average grit and strain at the point of attack.
  • Fails to fit up run blocks with much command or force.
  • Needs to drop pad level and play with inside hands more often.
  • Will not offer much help as a single blocker in pass pro.
  • A little slow to activate hands when throws are on top of him.

Ja'Tavion Sanders

2023 SEASON STATS​

• REC
  • YDS
  • TD
  • AVG
Combine Results
  • 40-yard dash: 4.69.
  • 10-yard split: 1.59.
  • Vertical jump: DNP.
  • Broad jump: DNP.

Strengths​

• Size and play strength to play through route traffic.
  • Well-coordinated making leaping catches on the move.
  • Eventually outruns most linebackers across the field or up the seam.
  • Frames off defender and catches with strong hands when contested.
  • Run-after-catch features quick vertical burst and getaway speed.
  • Fits run blocks with good hand placement and hip lift.
  • Has the tools to become a more effective move blocker.

Weaknesses​

• Will need to get much stronger for in-line blocking chores.
  • Inconsistent aggression taking on bigger opponents at the point.
  • Allows defenders to play through his base blocks.
  • Displays consistent break drift on out-breaking routes.

Last edited:
interesting discussion
IIRC, Sanders is younger & raw with massive hands that grab the ball out of the air
Sinnott is more a jack of all trades
I just don’t see a good comparison and I think the higher ceiling goes to Sanders
I like Ben Sinnott but he is currently mid 3rd round value on 1 QB compared to Sanders late 2nd

interesting discussion
IIRC, Sanders is younger & raw with massive hands that grab the ball out of the air
I just don’t see a good comparison and I think the higher ceiling goes to Sanders
I like Ben Sinnott but he is currently mid 3rd round value on 1 QB compared to Sanders late 2nd
Perhaps Sinnott in the 3rd is better value than Sanders in the 2nd?

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I'm sorry I was drinking when I let it slip to your wife you were googling Ben Sinnott last night. We've been best friends for over 20 years and I truly hope you won't hold it against me.

interesting discussion
Sanders was also competing for touches with 3 other guys who are likely going to be gone in the top-64 in Brooks, Mitchell, and Worthy. I think Sanders could have been a 1,000 yard guy if he had been the focal point.

I think Sanders is a lot better than Sinnott. Like so much so, that I think Sanders is closer to Bowers than Sinnott.

interesting discussion
Agree 100%

PFF Draft Guide Profile:

PFF BIG BOARD RANK 105
Position Rank TE4
HEIGHT 6' 4"
WEIGHT 245
CLASS Jr.
AGE 21.85

Sinnott is a true jack-of-all-trades tight end who can line up in the backfield, on the line of scrimmage and at receiver. His game lacks a true trump card, but he's the type of versatile role player every NFL team wants in their tight end room.

Sinnott chose to go the walk-on route at Kansas State after playing defensive end and tight end in high school. He was one of the team’s most versatile players over the past two years, lining up in the backfield, inline and in the slot. He is quick, which is not an adjective used often for tight ends. His foot speed allows him to accelerate and speedily change directions.

While he is a willing blocker, defensive ends can overpower him. He is tough at the catch point but has shorter arms, which hinders his catching ability. His catch rate could also be higher. One would think he could excel on special teams, but he does not have that experience.

interesting discussion
Sanders was also competing for touches with 3 other guys who are likely going to be gone in the top-64 in Brooks, Mitchell, and Worthy. I think Sanders could have been a 1,000 yard guy if he had been the focal point.

I think Sanders is a lot better than Sinnott. Like so much so, that I think Sanders is closer to Bowers than Sinnott.
I respect that, but I'm not so sure. I don't pretend to know better, but something tells me Sinnott is a great late dynasty draft pick. I wouldn't be surprised if Sinnott goes before Sanders in the draft.

interesting discussion

I respect that, but I'm not so sure. I don't pretend to know better, but something tells me Sinnott is a great late dynasty draft pick. I wouldn't be surprised if Sinnott goes before Sanders in the draft.
I agree Sinnott is a fine dynasty pick. My opinion is less about disliking Sinnott and more about really liking Sanders. I think Sanders would be TE1 in a lot of years, just not with Bowers this year.

Users who are viewing this thread