What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bryce Brown anything to see here? (2 Viewers)

Not to be a Debbie dinner here, but how can people possibly think this kid is going to carry them to the fantasy promise land? Am I missing something about McCoy's concussion? Is it more severe than normal? I'm sure he has incentives in his contract and would not be okay just sitting out on a lost season just so they could give Brown a better look.
well, it seems like a particularly bad concussion given the reports so it seems like likely mccoy misses the next game as well. ya it def seems wishful to expect him to miss the roy.

Well thank god I picked him up a few weeks ago for the stretch run as my McCoy cuff... Wow. That was the game I have been waiting on from McCoy all year long and not getting.

At this point if you own both Brown and McCoy who do you even prefer at this point? I know it was CAR but still that was sick.

By my league's scoring, McCoy's only put up an FF total higher than Brown's (39) once (40 - Last year v. Dal on 30 carries).

Not to be a Debbie dinner here, but how can people possibly think this kid is going to carry them to the fantasy promise land? Am I missing something about McCoy's concussion? Is it more severe than normal? I'm sure he has incentives in his contract and would not be okay just sitting out on a lost season just so they could give Brown a better look.
I'm not a neurologist, just a fantasy footballer who happened to have trent green as his qb a few years ago, so I'll leave the diagnosis to someone else.edit ps

what does debbie have for dinner?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont worry, they wont run him like this all year...earlier this season they ran the ball alot for 2 games and then it was right back to the pass heavy bs

It is obvious Bryce Brown now has a role in this offense. Great job by Philly front office signing this guy.

Brown definitely will have at least one more game, there is absolutely zero reason to rush McCoy back from a concussion. Once Shady does come back, it is anyone's guess how these backs will be used in tandem, but it is safe to say Brown will see a buncha touches.

Not a bad schedule to wrap up the season i might add.

Glad i had to foresight to grab him in all 3 of my leagues.

Thats why im the best!!

Picked him up on Weds because I have McCoy. Was down by 30 points going into last night, ended up winning by 0.46. Higherst score of the week.

In terms of bringing McCoy back this week:

Have any RBs been held out more than a week due to concussion this year?

+ The Eagles might have actually won that game if McCoy was in there, due to the fumbles. Does that matter to the Eagles at this point?

Reid didn't seem too upset, just gave Brown a lil' attaboy pat on the helmet after his second one.

It is obvious Bryce Brown now has a role in this offense. Great job by Philly front office signing this guy.

Brown definitely will have at least one more game, there is absolutely zero reason to rush McCoy back from a concussion. Once Shady does come back, it is anyone's guess how these backs will be used in tandem, but it is safe to say Brown will see a buncha touches.

Not a bad schedule to wrap up the season i might add.

Glad i had to foresight to grab him in all 3 of my leagues.

Thats why im the best!!
:no: It's not safe to say that at all, not if you know anything about Andy Reid & how he employs his RBs. When healthy, he uses his RB1, and sparingly uses his other/back-up RBs. That's not going to change now, because you had "to foresight to grab him [brown] in all 3 of your leagues," and you want it to change.

In terms of bringing McCoy back this week:Have any RBs been held out more than a week due to concussion this year?+ The Eagles might have actually won that game if McCoy was in there, due to the fumbles. Does that matter to the Eagles at this point?Reid didn't seem too upset, just gave Brown a lil' attaboy pat on the helmet after his second one.
Eagles are playing for next year. No need to bring back McCoy or Vick to take a beating in 5 meaningless games. The players have quit as well. Just look at that pathetic defense. And they are the starters, not injury fill-ins.

+ The Eagles might have actually won that game if McCoy was in there, due to the fumbles. Does that matter to the Eagles at this point?

Reid didn't seem too upset, just gave Brown a lil' attaboy pat on the helmet after his second one.
Eagles are playing for next year. No need to bring back McCoy or Vick to take a beating in 5 meaningless games. The players have quit as well. Just look at that pathetic defense. And they are the starters, not injury fill-ins.
this is the correct answer

this is the correct answer
Conceptually you may be correct - but that's not how it works in the real world

In terms of bringing McCoy back this week:Have any RBs been held out more than a week due to concussion this year?+ The Eagles might have actually won that game if McCoy was in there, due to the fumbles. Does that matter to the Eagles at this point?Reid didn't seem too upset, just gave Brown a lil' attaboy pat on the helmet after his second one.
Afe you serious with this? You do know that Andy Reid's job very likely won't be there next year, right? So how is he "playing for next year?" The only chance he has of coming back is if they show something these last few games which makes the Eagles give him one more chance (I don't think they'll bring him back, though). So, it makes no sense for Reid to "save" McCoy or Vick and "play for next year." :wall:

'SaintsInDome2006 said:
I like Brown, but people are getting carried away. The holes were huge and CAR looked like a team that has given up. It was in PHI. McCoy is an elite back and is not going to be replaced by a guy like Bryce Brown.

'SaintsInDome2006 said:
I like Brown, but people are getting carried away. The holes were huge and CAR looked like a team that has given up. It was in PHI. McCoy is an elite back and is not going to be replaced by a guy like Bryce Brown.
:goodposting: What I think should happen going forward assuming McCoy returns for Week 14 (doubt he's back this week) is the offense should revolve around McCoy and Brown with Shady getting 20-25 touches a game and Brown getting 8-10 or so. If Brown has another good game against the Cowboys I think he'll have shown he deserves to get on the field as a complementary back. But Shady's one of the best in the game. If he's healthy, he's the guy and that's the way it has to be for the Eagles.

Another week of Brown...possibly

Beat writer Jeff McLane considers LeSean McCoy (concussion) unlikely to play in Week 13.

McLane is just speculating here, not reporting. Still, we'd be stunned to see McCoy face the Cowboys on Sunday. He was significantly behind Michael Vick in the concussion protocols and Vick still hadn't been cleared as of Monday. Impressive seventh-round rookie Bryce Brown is locked and loaded.

Related: Bryce Brown

Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter Nov 27 - 10:15 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5168/lesean-mccoy

'SaintsInDome2006 said:

I certainly don't think Brown will unseat McCoy if he's healthy - but wasn't Brown a large part of the reason the Eagles were actually in position to win the game in the first place?One of the fumbles should have been reversed or at least looked at more closely.

Secondly, McCoy was still having headaches and fatigue on Saturday - that hardly sounds like a player who is close to playing yet. If he gets cleared to practice part way through the week - then sure. But until he is even cleared for physical exertion, let's not pencil McCoy back in as the starter just yet.

'SonnyD said:
'Rylenol said:
'Isotopes said:
I also started him over Sproles.....but also over Bradshaw and LeShoure...so, I am not so confident I made the right choice. Is he likely to see passes out of the backfield, or is he not strong in that area?
Apparently he's got a three down skillset.Per roto,"My expectations are very high with Bryce Brown," said Morhinweg. "I would expect him to do very well." Mornhinweg added that the rookie is "fast, strong, physical, and tough." With a three-down skill set and the ability to run inside as well as outside, Brown is a borderline RB1 option against a defense allowing the eighth-most fantasy points to opposing backs.
Right, because McCoy is only a 2 down back.But of course with the type of logic that's being displayed around the league (see Hillman), expect Brown to get 35 touches tonight.
You like apples? How 'bout THEM apples?

Any links to what Reid said about his fumbles? I loved what I saw and am tempted to start him but fumblitis is never good.

Any links to what Reid said about his fumbles? I loved what I saw and am tempted to start him but fumblitis is never good.
RUNNING BACKS as big as Bryce Brown, who is 6-foot and 225 pounds, aren't supposed to be as fast as Bryce Brown.

They aren't supposed to be able to run a 4.37 40-yard dash like Brown did at the predraft workout that convinced the Eagles to take a seventh-round flier on a kid who quit two college programs and entered the draft with just 104 college carries.

And they aren't supposed to get to a corner and turn it and have an entire defense eat his dust like Brown did early in the second quarter Monday night when the rookie bolted 65 yards down the right sideline for his first NFL touchdown.

It was the longest scoring run by an Eagle since a 66-yarder by LeSean McCoy in 2009, and the seventh longest by an Eagles rookie ever.

Brown, who rushed for 178 yards and two touchdowns in Monday night's 30-22 loss to Carolina, has shown glimpses of his special running ability this season in occasional cameos as McCoy's backup. He went into the Carolina game averaging 4.4 yards per carry on 32 rushing attempts. Had an impressive 40-yard run 3 weeks ago in the Eagles' 28-13 loss to the Saints.

"That run [against the Saints] definitely meant a lot to my confidence," Brown said last week. "I want to continue to make strides like that. When I get in there, I just want to make big plays and put our team in a position to be successful."

Brown took a giant stride with his performance Monday night. Starting in place of McCoy, who was sidelined with a concussion, Brown turned in the most prolific rushing performance by a rookie in Eagles history, besting Correll Buckhalter's 134-yard performance in a 2001 game against the Cardinals.

Unfortunately for Brown and the Eagles, he also lost two fumbles. The first came with 6:21 left in the third quarter at the Carolina 32 on the tail end of a 6-yard run and killed a potential scoring drive.

The second, with 1:16 left in the third quarter, gave the Panthers the ball in Eagles territory. They drove down and kicked a field goal that gave them the lead for good, 24-22.

"Bryce did what we thought he could do coming in," Eagles coach Andy Reid said after his team dropped its seventh straight game to fall to 3-8. "He's a talented kid. It's a shame he had two fumbles. He was on a roll there.

"But he'll learn from it. He's a smart kid. He's got a great future ahead of him."

Brown didn't play much in college. He was the top high school player in the country coming out of Wichita East High School in Kansas. Signed with Tennessee and got 104 carries as a true freshman. But when his coach, Lane Kiffin, bolted for USC, Brown also left, transferring to Kansas State.

He sat out a year, played in just one game last year for the Wildcats, then quit football and quit school.

Reid and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, who usually are slow to trust rookies, had shown surprising faith in Brown. Even before McCoy got hurt, they used him in every situation this season, including in the red zone and down by their own goal line.

"He was raw and had so little experience," running backs coach Ted Williams said last week. "But you knew his upside was really good and that in time, he would become what you hoped he would be. I think it's to his credit that he worked hard enough to show enough ability to accelerate the process.

"Once you got him into the preseason and saw how well he was assimilating what we were doing, and how well he performed at the level we thought he could perform, it made it easier [to put him out there]."

Reid won't put running backs on the field unless they can do two things. That is, two things besides being able to run with the football. One is being able to pass-protect and pick up blitzes.

Despite his limited college background, Brown has been a quick learner in that department. Did a nice job 2 weeks ago in the Eagles' loss to the Cowboys of picking up a blitz by cornerback Orlando Scandrick, which enabled fellow rookie Nick Foles to complete a 44-yard touchdown pass to Jeremy Maclin.

The other is hang on to the football. Until Monday night, Brown had done a decent job of that, fumbling only once. And the Eagles recovered that one. But he wasn't so fortunate against the Panthers.

On his first fumble, defensive tackle Sione Fua knocked the ball out of his hands and it was recovered by linebacker Luke Kuechly at the Carolina 38-yard line.

Brown gave the Eagles the lead on their next possession, getting to the corner again on the Panthers and scoring on a 5-yard run.

But the next time he touched the ball, with 1:23 left in the third quarter and the Eagles clinging to a one-point lead, he fumbled again.

Defensive end Charles Johnson knocked this one out of his arms. Linebacker Thomas Davis recovered.

"Those two fumbles were a key to our loss," Brown said after the game. "I can't do that."

Besides his 65-yard run, Brown had three other double-digit runs in the first half, when he rushed for 129 yards on nine carries. He also had a 24-yard run in the third quarter.

Nine of Brown's 19 carries went for 6 yards or more. Five went for 11 yards or more. He had just two carries for negative yards.

"That's what my story's been about," Brown said. "Making the most of my opportunities. The offensive line did a great job of blocking tonight. I just did my job. I stayed with my keys, stay with my landmarks."

It's unlikely that McCoy will be able to play Sunday night against the Cowboys in Dallas, which means Brown will get another start. But even after McCoy returns, Brown will continue to get carries.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20121127_Paul_Domowitch__Brown_delivers_but_doesn_t_take_care_of_package.html

'SonnyD said:
'Rylenol said:
'Isotopes said:
I also started him over Sproles.....but also over Bradshaw and LeShoure...so, I am not so confident I made the right choice. Is he likely to see passes out of the backfield, or is he not strong in that area?
Apparently he's got a three down skillset.Per roto,"My expectations are very high with Bryce Brown," said Morhinweg. "I would expect him to do very well." Mornhinweg added that the rookie is "fast, strong, physical, and tough." With a three-down skill set and the ability to run inside as well as outside, Brown is a borderline RB1 option against a defense allowing the eighth-most fantasy points to opposing backs.
Right, because McCoy is only a 2 down back.But of course with the type of logic that's being displayed around the league (see Hillman), expect Brown to get 35 touches tonight.
You like apples? How 'bout THEM apples?
My bad. For some reason I thought they were playing the 49er's. Come to find out it was Coastal Carolina out of the D1 Big South Conference.

I need him to outscore Steve Smith by one point tonight.

If he does I win an important game that my playoff hopes depend on.
You lose!
I was bustin your balls before...but now you went and did it again?Bryce Brown making you look toolish.
Oh c'mon now - don't blame that on Bryce - SonnyD does that well enough all by himself. :thumbup:
:goodposting: By the end of the thread I realized what we are dealing with here in Sonny. I'll save my breath now.

'Bayhawks said:
'Amused to Death said:
'SaintsInDome2006 said:
Afe you serious with this? You do know that Andy Reid's job very likely won't be there next year, right? So how is he "playing for next year?" The only chance he has of coming back is if they show something these last few games which makes the Eagles give him one more chance (I don't think they'll bring him back, though). So, it makes no sense for Reid to "save" McCoy or Vick and "play for next year." :wall:
First, I said the Eagles are playing for next year - not Andy Reid. Reid has NO chance of coming back for a 15th season. None. The GM however most likely will be back (unfortunately). Bang your head against the wall all you want, but the GM (not Andy) should take this opportunity to evaluate both Brown and Foles. McCoy in all likelihood will also be back, but they know what they have in him, so why pound him into the ground in meaningless games? I'm not saying he won't get any playing time, just not as much as pre-injury. Brown should have earn some PT for himself.I may be wrong. But it would make sense for a returning GM to evaluate young talent while playing out the string. Maybe get some film on some guys for the next coach to look at. You keep banging your head.ETA: you see where the speculation already is that McCoy misses the next game? Brown gets another start.

More on McCoy:

LeSean McCoy (concussion) is still in Phase 1 of his recovery.

In other words, McCoy isn't close to a return. He's far behind Michael Vick, who sustained his concussion a week before McCoy and still hasn't been cleared. With the Eagles' season in the toilet, Shady certainly won't be rushed. Exciting rookie Bryce Brown will start at least one more game and could very well be "the man" for a few more weeks after that. Brown busted out with 23 touches, 189 yards and two touchdowns in Monday night's loss to the Panthers. He'll be on the RB1 radar against the Cowboys Sunday. Nov 27 - 12:16 PM

Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5168/lesean-mccoy

I am a McCoy owner and am hoping they shut him down for the year.....Brown looked way more decisive and explosive last night. Shady seems to be looking to make a move on a defender, where Brown was just running passed them.

'Bayhawks said:
'Amused to Death said:
'SaintsInDome2006 said:
First, I said the Eagles are playing for next year - not Andy Reid. Reid has NO chance of coming back for a 15th season. None. The GM however most likely will be back (unfortunately). Bang your head against the wall all you want, but the GM (not Andy) should take this opportunity to evaluate both Brown and Foles. McCoy in all likelihood will also be back, but they know what they have in him, so why pound him into the ground in meaningless games? I'm not saying he won't get any playing time, just not as much as pre-injury. Brown should have earn some PT for himself.I may be wrong. But it would make sense for a returning GM to evaluate young talent while playing out the string. Maybe get some film on some guys for the next coach to look at. You keep banging your head.ETA: you see where the speculation already is that McCoy misses the next game? Brown gets another start.
The speculation is that McCoy will miss another game because he still hasn't been cleared to play, not because Reid is going to "see what they have for next year."You can try to explain your logic all you want, but you have no idea what you are talking about. You contend that the GM should see what they have in Foles/Brown, but the GM in Philly is basically a figurehead. Roseman acts in an advisory role to Reid. Reid has final say in ALL football related matters (including who plays).

I know, cold water guy here, but:

Pierre Thomas had 9/110 vs this Panther defense, 13/143 total. In fact the Saints 3 RBs went 25/163/1 & 42/314/1.

The speedy Michael Turner went 13/103 & 16/171/1.

At least 4 other 100+ total yard games vs RBs so far vs the cats, including the aforementioned Andre Brown.

'Bayhawks said:
'Amused to Death said:
'SaintsInDome2006 said:
The speculation is that McCoy will miss another game because he still hasn't been cleared to play, not because Reid is going to "see what they have for next year."You can try to explain your logic all you want, but you have no idea what you are talking about. You contend that the GM should see what they have in Foles/Brown, but the GM in Philly is basically a figurehead. Roseman acts in an advisory role to Reid. Reid has final say in ALL football related matters (including who plays).
What I said was even if/when McCoy comes back he should be in more of a RBBC with Brown. Brown has earned more PT and it should come at the expense of McCoy. Reid *used* to make all the decisions. Will Lurie allow him to control the team to the detriment of the future? Do you think at this point they will rush McCoy back the same as if they chasing a playoff spot? Not a chance. IF Reid does he should be fired on the spot.Again, Reid WILL be gone next year - Roseman won't.

Pierre Thomas had 9/110 vs this Panther defense, 13/143 total. In fact the Saints 3 RBs went 25/163/1 & 42/314/1.

At least 4 other 100+ total yard games vs RBs so far vs the cats, including the aforementioned Andre Brown.
Understood, but the Eagles don't exactly have tough matchups ahead of them. The upcoming schedule of Cowboys/Bucs/Bengals/Redskins seems favorable.

:goodposting: There is NO QUESTION that Carolina has given up gobs of yards to RB's this year. However Bryce Brown is easily twice as fast as Turner, 1/2 as fast as PT, 1/4 faster than Ingram, and about as fast at Sproles (not as quick). Those other backs also had the luxury of playing alongside Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, and Eli Manning -vs- a rookie and very inaccurate (see "no threat") Nick Foles behind a HORRIBLE O-line.This wasn't a case of throwing a promising rookie into an ideal situation to see what he could do.

What I said was even if/when McCoy comes back he should be in more of a RBBC with Brown.
No you didn't; you said:
Eagles are playing for next year. No need to bring back McCoy or Vick to take a beating in 5 meaningless games
Where did you mention RBBC?
Brown has earned more PT and it should come at the expense of McCoy.
That may be your OPINION, but it isn't the way Reid does things. Just because you think it's what happens, doesn't mean it is what will happen.
Reid *used* to make all the decisions. Will Lurie allow him to control the team to the detriment of the future?
No, Reid still makes all football related decisions. It is in his contract, and it has already been reported that Lurie won't fire Reid during the season. So, as long as Reid is employed, his contract gives him final say. That is a fact. Your belief that Lurie will force Reid to go against his instincts is based on nothing more than your own speculation.
Do you think at this point they will rush McCoy back the same as if they chasing a playoff spot?
I've never said anything about rushing him back. When he's cleared, he'll play. They are not going to hold him out to "see what they have" in other players, as you contended.
Not a chance. IF Reid does he should be fired on the spot.
That's your speculative opinion, based on no facts, whatsoever.

Where would you rate Brown's dynasty position to say a Ben Tate or a Jonathan Stewart? I don't think I could fault anyone for preferring Brown...

What I said was even if/when McCoy comes back he should be in more of a RBBC with Brown.
No you didn't; you said:
Eagles are playing for next year. No need to bring back McCoy or Vick to take a beating in 5 meaningless games
That may be your OPINION, but it isn't the way Reid does things. Just because you think it's what happens, doesn't mean it is what will happen.
Reid *used* to make all the decisions. Will Lurie allow him to control the team to the detriment of the future?
No, Reid still makes all football related decisions. It is in his contract, and it has already been reported that Lurie won't fire Reid during the season. So, as long as Reid is employed, his contract gives him final say. That is a fact. Your belief that Lurie will force Reid to go against his instincts is based on nothing more than your own speculation.
Do you think at this point they will rush McCoy back the same as if they chasing a playoff spot?
I've never said anything about rushing him back. When he's cleared, he'll play. They are not going to hold him out to "see what they have" in other players, as you contended.
Its all speculation. But for anyone to think McCoy will be back to normal playing levels would be foolish. Just my opinion.You took my first post too literal, I tried to clarify in my 2nd. Keep thinking Andy's in total control at this point. I highly doubt it. IMO.

:bye:

No you didn't; you said:
it wouldn't surprise me in the least to Vick AND McCoy shut down for the year. As I noted previously, the Eagles ruined Westbrook after bringing him back from a concussion. They remember that. Brown is a more than suitable replacement for the next few weeks. Reid, who typically doesn't trust rookies at skill positions, has shown surprising confidence in Brown throughout the entire season, putting him in at many crucial moments in games. I think its shortsighted or wishful thinking that Reid has Lesean go again this season. one mans opinion, just like yours.

'Bayhawks said:
'Amused to Death said:
'SaintsInDome2006 said:
What I said was even if/when McCoy comes back he should be in more of a RBBC with Brown. Brown has earned more PT and it should come at the expense of McCoy. Reid *used* to make all the decisions. Will Lurie allow him to control the team to the detriment of the future? Do you think at this point they will rush McCoy back the same as if they chasing a playoff spot? Not a chance. IF Reid does he should be fired on the spot.Again, Reid WILL be gone next year - Roseman won't.
As much as this line of thinking makes complete sense to you, this is unlikely to happen. Roseman isn't going to come in and start making gameday personnel decisions just because Reid is likely to get fired.

No you didn't; you said:
it wouldn't surprise me in the least to Vick AND McCoy shut down for the year. As I noted previously, the Eagles ruined Westbrook after bringing him back from a concussion. They remember that. Brown is a more than suitable replacement for the next few weeks. Reid, who typically doesn't trust rookies at skill positions, has shown surprising confidence in Brown throughout the entire season, putting him in at many crucial moments in games. I think its shortsighted or wishful thinking that Reid has Lesean go again this season. one mans opinion, just like yours.
Valid points, but as I've said, my opinion, based on how Reid has handled these types of situations in the past is that when (if) they are cleared to play, they will play, the won't be "saved" because the Eagles are playing for next year. Obviously if they are put on IR, that would preclude them being cleared to play and would invalidate this entire discussion.

Not gonna be a sour McCoy owner or rain on parades. Panther D or not, Bryce Brown looked GOOD, really GOOD. That, mixed with recent concussion news (LeSean had to be carted off, still can't leave home, headaches, troubles sleeping), really stings for us McCoy owners going into playoffs. This seems like a serious-grade of concussion and he is at least a week behind Vick. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried he's out for the year.

Brown is a great pickup for this stretch, just think, he was on so many WWs just a week ago, has a decent schedule ahead and now he's going to get a number of carries and receptions ...for beans. It's not about him putting up 150 and 2 TDs every game, it's about instant value. Some teams out there could use the extra plug-in going into the playoffs to push their teams over the edge.

I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but IMO, we won't see McCoy's return even considered until wk 15. His locked-in, long-term contract and Philly's dead season doesn't help matters much as Philly and McCoy aren't playing for anything.

13 v. @DAL - Brown

14 v. @TB - Brown (Playoff wk 1)

15 v. CIN - Brown/McCoy? (Playoff wk 2)

16 v. WAS - Brown/McCoy? (FF SuperBowl)

(I missed Brown last week by one slot and the trade deadline has now passed. :wall: :wall: :wall: )

Not gonna be a sour McCoy owner or rain on parades. Panther D or not, Bryce Brown looked GOOD, really GOOD. That, mixed with recent concussion news (LeSean had to be carted off, still can't leave home, headaches, troubles sleeping), really stings for us McCoy owners going into playoffs. This seems like a serious-grade of concussion and he is at least a week behind Vick. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried he's out for the year. Brown is a great pickup for this stretch, just think, he was on so many WWs just a week ago, has a decent schedule ahead and now he's going to get a number of carries and receptions ...for beans. It's not about him putting up 150 and 2 TDs every game, it's about instant value. Some teams out there could use the extra plug-in going into the playoffs to push their teams over the edge. I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but IMO, we won't see McCoy's return even considered until wk 15. His locked-in, long-term contract and Philly's dead season doesn't help matters much as Philly and McCoy aren't playing for anything.13 v. @DAL - Brown14 v. @TB - Brown (Playoff wk 1)15 v. CIN - Brown/McCoy? (Playoff wk 2)16 v. WAS - Brown/McCoy? (FF SuperBowl)(I missed Brown last week by one slot and the trade deadline has now passed. :wall: :wall: :wall: )
:goodposting: What makes Brown even more intruiging is even if Vick does come back and start, you gotta figure that he'll be handing off the ball a lot to save himself and that soft noggin from more punishment. With Desean on IR, even more so. Either QB starting, figure the Eagles to run Brown left, right, and more intercepted shotgun sweeps. Brown could be a monster thru the fantasy playoffs.

The thing that worries me as a Shady and Brown owner is McCoy comes back for week 15 in the FF playoffs and they split carries and they are both useless. On one hand I would rather see Shady hang em up for the year so its all Brown, on the other hand I know it was just one game last nigh against a horrific run defense who has made everyone look good this year. Shady is an ELITE talent and has struggled all year behind this line and with the Andy Reid playcalling. Brown may well be a very talented guy as well but we just don't know yet.

I think it would have been very interesting to have seen the trades involving Brown if this had all happened a few weeks before the trading deadlines in most dynasty leagues instead of after.

Users who are viewing this thread