What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bryce Brown anything to see here? (3 Viewers)

Just updated one lineup to start him over Bradshaw at Flex.
Same here. Starting him as my flex over Ahmad and Hakeem in non-ppr league.Didn't have anyone starting for the Thanksgiving Day games and found myself down a bunch of points so I'm swinging for the fences hoping to catch up. Come'on Bryce baby! :cool:

Started him over Sproles in a PPR. Fairly confident he'll break the 10 point mark. Looking forward to seeing how they use him.

I also started him over Sproles.....but also over Bradshaw and LeShoure...so, I am not so confident I made the right choice.

Is he likely to see passes out of the backfield, or is he not strong in that area?

I also started him over Sproles.....but also over Bradshaw and LeShoure...so, I am not so confident I made the right choice. Is he likely to see passes out of the backfield, or is he not strong in that area?
Apparently he's got a three down skillset.Per roto,"My expectations are very high with Bryce Brown," said Morhinweg. "I would expect him to do very well." Mornhinweg added that the rookie is "fast, strong, physical, and tough." With a three-down skill set and the ability to run inside as well as outside, Brown is a borderline RB1 option against a defense allowing the eighth-most fantasy points to opposing backs.

I also started him over Sproles.....but also over Bradshaw and LeShoure...so, I am not so confident I made the right choice. Is he likely to see passes out of the backfield, or is he not strong in that area?
Apparently he's got a three down skillset.Per roto,"My expectations are very high with Bryce Brown," said Morhinweg. "I would expect him to do very well." Mornhinweg added that the rookie is "fast, strong, physical, and tough." With a three-down skill set and the ability to run inside as well as outside, Brown is a borderline RB1 option against a defense allowing the eighth-most fantasy points to opposing backs.
Right, because McCoy is only a 2 down back.But of course with the type of logic that's being displayed around the league (see Hillman), expect Brown to get 35 touches tonight.

I'd worry about the Eagles' O-line issues and the fact that Foles needs to prove himself as a competent QB. I mean, this is the same Eagles offense that has frustrated owners all season as MAJOR underachievers. Now that they are out of the playoffs, you think they will be suddenly motivated to play better?

Their O-line is unbelievably bad, and while I think Brown is talented, I just think this team is such a sinking ship and I expect Reid and company to get embarrassed tonight in the national spotlight.

I'd worry about the Eagles' O-line issues and the fact that Foles needs to prove himself as a competent QB. I mean, this is the same Eagles offense that has frustrated owners all season as MAJOR underachievers. Now that they are out of the playoffs, you think they will be suddenly motivated to play better?Their O-line is unbelievably bad, and while I think Brown is talented, I just think this team is such a sinking ship and I expect Reid and company to get embarrassed tonight in the national spotlight.
All good points. The flip side is the Panthers aren't very good either. Their offense has been a disaster for most of the season. Defense has played better since the start of the season but hardly a shutdown unit. The Eagles don't need to play great to win tonight. All they may need to be is competent.Of course, whether that can even be competent is a fair question.

What I will say to that is I think I would take Cam Newton and the Carolina O-Line over the total mess in Philly. While, Carolina hasn't been great, their defense has certainly put forth more effort than Nmandi and the rest of the Eagles over the last few weeks.

So, I agree that Carolina has been bad, but this is like a train wreck in Philly.

As for Brown, he'll still be serviceable in a PPR setting, as I like him to catch 4-5 passes, but how in the world could anyone predict him to score TDs when Philly has been AWFUL in the redzone?

As for Brown, he'll still be serviceable in a PPR setting, as I like him to catch 4-5 passes, but how in the world could anyone predict him to score TDs when Philly has been AWFUL in the redzone?
I referenced this earlier when someone said 125-1 was attainable. Given how McCoy hasn't done that this season I can't see how that can be realistically viewed as attainable for Brown. I hope like hell it is but it strikes me as being a tad bit optimistic. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone starting Brown is hoping for something special tonight. :)

Just updated one lineup to start him over Bradshaw at Flex.
Same here. Starting him as my flex over Ahmad and Hakeem in non-ppr league.Didn't have anyone starting for the Thanksgiving Day games and found myself down a bunch of points so I'm swinging for the fences hoping to catch up. Come'on Bryce baby! :cool:
Of course I have the benefit of hindsight, but you may have chased new money on this one. Two terrible teams; anything can happen, for sure, but this could easily be a real stinker too.

I need him to outscore Steve Smith by one point tonight.

If he does I win an important game that my playoff hopes depend on.

I do not feel good about having my season on the line and Bryce Brown being the guy to have to save me. I get this gut feeling that he is not going to get the workload that people are lead to believe he will. Maybe but that is pessimism, but I guess that's what happens when you lead the league in total points yet are 5-6.

'bushdocda said:
I am cautiously nervous about BB tonight.
I'm nervous too. I got off to a great start this week with Thursday production but I had some key guys come up real small yesterday so now I'm counting on Brown to really come through. Here's hoping.

I need him to outscore Steve Smith by one point tonight.If he does I win an important game that my playoff hopes depend on.
You lose!
Why? Even if you think that, then offer some kind of rationale to go along with your statement.
Look at Brown's game log. Besides a couple weeks where he came in to give McCoy a breather, the 5 for 4 or 3 for 2 lines don't inspire much confidence. Now look at McCoy and how mediocre he's been behind that God awful line. Add in a rookie QB and I can see a stacked box all night. Them you sprinkle in a COP back in Dion Lewis who they've also been pretty high on and I see a mess tonight.On the other side of the ball, the Eagles defense sucks balls. Cam breaks out on Prime Time. Nuff said.

Look at Brown's game log. Besides a couple weeks where he came in to give McCoy a breather, the 5 for 4 or 3 for 2 lines don't inspire much confidence. Now look at McCoy and how mediocre he's been behind that God awful line. Add in a rookie QB and I can see a stacked box all night. Them you sprinkle in a COP back in Dion Lewis who they've also been pretty high on and I see a mess tonight.

On the other side of the ball, the Eagles defense sucks balls. Cam breaks out on Prime Time. Nuff said.
Regarding the bolded, do the 4/28, 4/49, 5/35 stat lines inspire any confidence? How about just the eye test? The kid is a backup and McCoy is a great, durable 3-down back. Of course his sample size is small. Also, McCoy's lack of productivity is a symptom of poor play-calling more than anything-ask any Shady owner. Like I said earlier in the thread, I think that the play-calling tonight will be far more balanced with short screens etc to protect Foles. Incidentally, I'd bet Celek remains in as an extra blocker a lot this week. We'll see-I could definitely be way off base here, but one thing is clear to me-Bryce Brown has all the talent and tools needed to put up the stat line I said earlier-125/1-2

Look at Brown's game log. Besides a couple weeks where he came in to give McCoy a breather, the 5 for 4 or 3 for 2 lines don't inspire much confidence. Now look at McCoy and how mediocre he's been behind that God awful line. Add in a rookie QB and I can see a stacked box all night. Them you sprinkle in a COP back in Dion Lewis who they've also been pretty high on and I see a mess tonight.

On the other side of the ball, the Eagles defense sucks balls. Cam breaks out on Prime Time. Nuff said.
Regarding the bolded, do the 4/28, 4/49, 5/35 stat lines inspire any confidence?
No.
Also, McCoy's lack of productivity is a symptom of poor play-calling
This is Andy Reid. Somehow he'll change this week?
ask any Shady owner. Like I said earlier in the thread, I think that the play-calling tonight will be far more balanced with short screens etc to protect Foles. Incidentally, I'd bet Celek remains in as an extra blocker a lot this week.

We'll see-I could definitely be way off base here, but one thing is clear to me-Bryce Brown has all the talent and tools needed to put up the stat line I said earlier-125/1-2
Yeah, I'm a McCoy owner and I know what problem is. Unfortunately, the problem will be on the sidelines this evening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Regarding the bolded, do the 4/28, 4/49, 5/35 stat lines inspire any confidence?
No. I'll put it another way-he's got just under a 4.5 ypc average. Does that do anything for you?

Also, McCoy's lack of productivity is a symptom of poor play-calling
This is Andy Reid. Somehow he'll change this week? He's shown his propensity to completely change his philosophy when a backup QB is in there many, many times (Feely, Garcia, McMahon :yucky: .) Not a crazy thought that it might happen again.
ask any Shady owner. Like I said earlier in the thread, I think that the play-calling tonight will be far more balanced with short screens etc to protect Foles. Incidentally, I'd bet Celek remains in as an extra blocker a lot this week.

We'll see-I could definitely be way off base here, but one thing is clear to me-Bryce Brown has all the talent and tools needed to put up the stat line I said earlier-125/1-2
Yeah, I'm a McCoy owner and I know what problem is. Unfortunately, the problem will be on the sidelines this evening. I guess we will see in about 3 hours :pics:

He's shown his propensity to completely change his philosophy when a backup QB is in there many, many times (Feely, Garcia, McMahon :yucky: .) Not a crazy thought that it might happen again.
You mean like last week when Foles actually made his first NFL start? The one where he threw 46 times even with a guy named McCoy in the backfield?Sure, ok.

He's shown his propensity to completely change his philosophy when a backup QB is in there many, many times (Feely, Garcia, McMahon :yucky: .) Not a crazy thought that it might happen again.
You mean like last week when Foles actually made his first NFL start? The one where he threw 46 times even with a guy named McCoy in the backfield?Sure, ok.
... maybe after kicking the tires on the ol' Folester, he realizes that kinda gameplan is ill-advised? (hopeful Brown owner-speak) ...

I'm not Dionne Warwick dude. I am just saying that its well documented that Reid has changed gameplans after the starting QB goes down. Last week didn't work out to well. If you still want to believe he'll try slinging it 50 times, okay. It wouldn't surprise me. Just giving another option.

Starting him tonight...nothing on the line. Consider the following (PPR centric and favorable to Brown):

1. The Eagles will not want to be further embarrassed on MNF. In their house; in front of their tense fans.

2. I am counting on the OL being horrific. You should and could see 12 dump-down targets to BB in this game to avoid point #1.

3. Even Andy Reid knows he should run the ball more and keep Cam on the bench. Will he? Probably not.

Users who are viewing this thread