What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antone Smith Hype Train (1 Viewer)

This decision is killing me because the wire is garbage right now. Next best options are Prosise, Rainey and Dujuan Harris. I don't know what to do. I feel like getting Smith involved will be their only chance

OAK has allowed the 21st fewest receptions to RBs this year, SF the fewest.

It's gameflow based. ATL puts up points and has a relatively strong interior, teams usually choose/are forced to utilize their RBs in the passing game vs. them.

It's hard to glean too much information from Quizz's two starts.
It's interesting, for sure. With lots of ball movement, there could be plenty of goal line work for Barber as well. I guess both players could very well have good nights, especially with the Bucs WR corps fairly banged up.

I just dropped Matt Jones to pick-up and play Barber in my league. Putting him in over Jennings and Mathews (half my WRs and RBs are on a bye).

My opponent is starting Smith! Ha! I guess I'll be watching the game now.

Last edited by a moderator:
This decision is killing me because the wire is garbage right now. Next best options are Prosise, Rainey and Dujuan Harris. I don't know what to do. I feel like getting Smith involved will be their only chance
Saying their only chance is to get a 31 year old emergency journeyman RB involved is an insult to the Bucs lol.

It comes down to the big play.  I have to choose between Smith, Asiata and Gillislee.  I may punt on this and hope McCoy plays  Could pick up Barber as well, who has looked good when he has played.   I love Smith's speed though

I'm utterly confused this week. Considering starting Hightower, but Smith and Barber are also both sitting on my wire. 

I think if Barber hadn't been named the starter I may have dropped Hightower for Smith and played him, but now, I have no idea. 

It comes down to the big play.  I have to choose between Smith, Asiata and Gillislee.  I may punt on this and hope McCoy plays.  I love his speed though
I have McCoy/Gillislee in the mix as well. I'm leaning towards just waiting till Monday and playing one of them. I have a feeling McCoy plays in that one 

I have McCoy/Gillislee in the mix as well. I'm leaning towards just waiting till Monday and playing one of them. I have a feeling McCoy plays in that one 
It's really talent/workload vs. matchup.  I seem to choose wrong on this more than usual this year.  

He's absolutely starting for me in one league. In another I had considered him over Ingram/Hightower but I think I'm going to roll with Ingram now...

It's really talent/workload vs. matchup. I seem to choose wrong on this more than usual this year.
For non-studs, I weigh the variables as follows..

opportunity > match-up > talent

Opportunity is obviously the prerequisite which is why this situation is a bit scary. We're banking on negative gameflow. I mean, if TB were to hypothetically go up by several scores quickly we'd be absolutely boned. Given what we know about ATL's offense and TB's defense however, this is just unlikely. Plus, Vegas agrees.

Regardless as to how this pans out, I'm comfortable with my decision because I believe my logic to be sound.

Comes down to script. I don't see Tampa controlling the game on the ground and therefore am starting Smith over Barber. 

With the lack of options outside and Atlanta's struggles against receiving backs I see tampa trying to exploit that matchup advantage with Smith. 

My 3 starting RBs are on bye so I'm starting him. 

I'm going from David Johnson,/Jeremy Hill/Jordan Howard to Rashad Jennings/Tim Hightower/Antone Smith.  At least after this week I'll have no more RB bye issues.

I still don't know what the hell I am doing.  Was burned last week choosing Thompson over Kelley and I have a feeling this could turn out the same way.  When it's RBBC, like in this situation, a td can really make the difference.  For Smith that would most likely be on a pass from 15-20 yards out.  But man that speed is seductive.  

Smith or Hightower for me as well. If Ingram out its easy .. rolling with Smith as TB has to control the ball to stay in it. Got 3 guys on a bye and Charles and Rawls out as well.

Smith or Hightower for me as well. If Ingram out its easy .. rolling with Smith as TB has to control the ball to stay in it. Got 3 guys on a bye and Charles and Rawls out as well.
 If you play Smith, you want Tampa to not stay in it. Just saying.

A Train going against his old team is enough for me to start him... hes got an extra edge to show these guys .. this guy was the 1 carry wonder b4 getting injured 

And if it weren't Thursday, this thread would have almost zero love. But i suppose that's obvious.

I'm starting Smith because he's already in my lineup, and if I benched him due to some coach speak and then he went off, I'd feel like an idiot. (I lost a matchup a few weeks ago because I benched Kerley 20 minutes before a TNF game where he went for 100 and a score.)

It was a crapshoot before, its still a crapshoot, so I'll just stick with my original plan. 

For non-studs, I weigh the variables as follows..

opportunity > match-up > talent

Opportunity is obviously the prerequisite which is why this situation is a bit scary. We're banking on negative gameflow. I mean, if TB were to hypothetically go up by several scores quickly we'd be absolutely boned. Given what we know about ATL's offense and TB's defense however, this is just unlikely. Plus, Vegas agrees.

Regardless as to how this pans out, I'm comfortable with my decision because I believe my logic to be sound.
If your logic is good, no reason to be mad if the result doesn't turn out like you think.  it's almost impossible to get it right all the time.  esp situations like  this

If your logic is good, no reason to be mad if the result doesn't turn out like you think. it's almost impossible to get it right all the time. esp situations like this
Yeah, plus I take solace in the fact that there are an unhealthy amount of people spot starting a 31 year old journyman with 53 career touches in fantasy tonight. 

My BR Team Stream alert came up with Barber is starting. Take it for what it's worth. I made the bed with smith I am going to stay put. F it.

Small sample size, but dude looks good so far.

ETA: Posted that literally two seconds before the fumble. Ugh.

Just realized my opponent in #1 league is using him tonight... looked good until the fumble.  Lets hope he gets the Ingram treatment and rides the pine for the rest of the night!

FYI, couldn't really tell from the replay, but did he ever fully control the handoff? Often these things get retroactively assigned to the QB.

Doesn't help me, since I'm starting Winston, too.

Users who are viewing this thread