What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andre Williams - RB (1 Viewer)

Andre Williams fun fact (Fantasy Index):

"Of the 22 players with at least 10 rushing attempts inside the 5 last year, Williams was the only one who scored on over half his carries."

Still love his potential as a 2-down power back in a RBBC. He's the reason why I avoided Jennings at his adp(on top of Jennings durability concerns).

Much rather own vereen in this backfield in ppr leagues.
There is really no debate on Williams vs Vereen, and ADP is strongly favoring Vereen in PPR. There is still much debate between Williams and Jennings. I took Vereen at his ADP and reached a little for Williams ahead of his ADP, while completely ignoring Jennings. Why? Just don't think Jennings will have a substantial role as lead back at his age and limited skill set.

Rotoworld:

Andre Williams is expected to remain part of the Giants' backfield rotation.

Williams sports a 2.8 yards-per-carry average this season after managing just 3.3 yards per tote last season, but the Giants still "believe" he can be productive. "He hits the holes, he does whatever we ask him to do there. Perhaps it's the defense, perhaps it's whatever," coach Tom Coughlin said. "I don't think it really has anything to do with what he's not been able to do." Despite their public comments, Williams' declining carries and snap totals tell the real story. New York would be better served trimming Williams from the rotation.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Oct 24 - 10:08 AM

He's horrible. Out of the league next year. Trade him now for whatever you can get. Use him as a throw-in. Just get rid of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's horrible. Out of the league next year. Trade him now for whatever you can get. Use him as a throw-in. Just get rid of him.
:yes:

Sad to say because I have him on a couple teams, but he's a cautionary tale. Horrible balance and agility in tight spaces.

He's a "big window" runner and in the NFL there aren't enough big windows.

Can't believe he's lasted 20+ games. As bad & painfully obvious he wasn't an NFL RB talent in recent memory. I re-watched all his and Trent Richardson's 2014 carries in the offseason just for ####s & giggles to see who was the worst starting RB of 2014.......my vote would have been Andre Williams.

Andre Williams is expected to be the odd man out in the Giants' backfield following the emergence of Orleans Darkwa.
Mercifully. It's been a long time coming for Williams, who has shown barely more than nothing across his first 266 carries in the NFL. He has eight touchdowns, mostly in short-yardage situations, but is averaging just 3.2 YPC. His touches had already started to be limited more in recent weeks, and with Darkwa earning a bigger role, Williams may not see the field Sunday.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger
Oct 30 - 10:16 AM

Yep. I was high on him coming out of college. What a miss. Just dropped my 1st share and picked up Jerick McKinnon who was dropped (shocker). I think by the end of the season I will have very few shares of Williams left.

Sold all my shares via WW for Dexter McCluster and Kirk Cousins.

At least they play.

Williams was a whiff.

is daniel thomas a good comp? everytime i watch NYG and see him carry the ball i ask why is he on the field...?

My opinion of this guy improved due to discussion about the jump scores and how well Williams did in this measurement at the combine. I thought that might mean Williams was more explosive than he looked in college. I was also encouraged by how Williams performed in his first preseason game and also considering connections the HC had with BC where Williams came from.

It has been pretty much downhill from there though.

Giants coach Ben McAdoo reportedly believes Andre Williams is poised for a bounce-back season.
If he means bounce back as into the backfield for a loss, he may have a point. The owner of a career 3.2 yards-per-carry average, Williams should not be taking work from Rashad Jennings or fifth-round rookie Paul Perkins.

Source: New York Daily News 
Jul 23 - 2:04 PM

According to SNY's Ralph Vacchiano, it "sounds like" the Giants want to work in Andre Williams "for a couple of series a game."
Vacchiano says the Giants envision Rashad Jennings as their "starter and a pseudo-workhorse," but they continue to seem intent on making Williams work. The NFL's least effective running back over the past two seasons, Williams' carries and passing-game targets are typically a black hole. The Giants would be better off cutting their losses with Williams and waiving him before Week 1.

Source: SportsNet New York 
Aug 6 - 9:24 AM

ESPN Giants reporter Jordan Raanan says Andre Williams is in the lead for the team's No. 2 back job.
This does not include Shane Vereen, who has a specialty role. Raanan is saying Williams is second in line for carries behind Rashad Jennings. Colleague Ralph Vacchiano recently stated the Giants hope to work in Williams for "a couple of series a game." The G-Men continue to seem hellbent on making Williams work. He poses a threat to Jennings' short-yardage and goal-line usage.

Source: Jordan Raanan on Twitter

He was noticeably slimmer when I first saw him take a carry, didn't look like the same guy at all. I didn't watch him a ton before, but he definitely looked quicker in his cuts and in getting downfield. 

Giants waived RB Andre Williams.
The No. 113 overall pick of the 2014 draft, Williams has specialized in smashing into brick walls and falling down. He's a "power" runner who doesn't bowl people over, a major problem since he lacks speed and has stone hands. It's frankly surprising he lasted as long as he did in New York. Williams owns a pathetic 3.20 YPC on 305 career carries.

Related: Giants

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 
Sep 3 - 4:09 PM

Chargers claimed RB Andre Williams off waivers from the Giants.
Williams was beat out in New York by Orleans Darkwa, rookie Paul Perkins, and Bobby Rainey, but the former fourth-rounder quickly finds a new home where he'll likely slide in as Melvin Gordon's direct backup on early downs.

Related: Giants

Sep 4 - 12:57 PM

He's better than Gordon. He could be starting for them in an early down role by the end of the year.

I think he's the better talent. SD spent a 1st on Gordon though so they will probably run with him even if he sucks ###.

It was just preseason, but from what I saw out of Gordon was mostly good. He was quick and fast.  

Williams is 3 yards and a cloud of dust.  Every time I watch him play, I think, "How is this guy in the league, much less getting touches?" 

4th round pick that has averaged 3.3 and 2.9 the years he's been in the league? Williams is bad
In his defense he did slim down and take a new and serious training regimen. I don't think it's quite time to write him off. He could have a Cedric Benson type of turn around. I'm not saying it's likely, but possible.

Williams at times this preseason looked better than Gordon ever has on a NFL field. I'll just leave it at that. 

25 carries in the preseason for 91 yards, none of which came in the 3rd preseason game, is certainly an upgrade for Williams (but still ####ty), but he did most of that in the 1st and 4th preseason games...ya know, the ones where most 1st stringers barely play.  

Williams at times this preseason looked better than Gordon ever has on a NFL field. I'll just leave it at that. 
What the hell are watching? Andre Williams barely played this preseason and when he did it was in Junk time? He didn't even have a snap in game 3 against the Jets ...the Giants most meaningful preseason game. 3.6 yds per carry 0 tds 0 rec and 1 fumble mostly in garbage time!

Melvin Gordon 6.2 yds per carry 39 yd td run and 44 td reception. 

Tell the truth ... have you ever seen Andre Williams play?

I'm not going to try to debate it at this point it's just what I've seen on tape. Def could be wrong but if something crazy happens this year and Williams is getting more carries by mid season.......well you heard it here first.

Users who are viewing this thread