What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ahmad Bradshaw Outlook (3 Viewers)

Can't wait to hear about the minor injury that keeps Bradshaw out of 70% of camp practices. Guarantee that reports will say, "but all signs point to Bradshaw being healthy for week 1". Odds that Bradshaw makes it 16 NFL games? Maybe 10%. This will be Bradshaw's last year in the NFL. I can see Trent Richardson falling on his face and sucking, but Bradshaw is not the answer for the Colts.

Thinking he s going to be a value player for FF..Can't ever say much because of the injuries but I expect TRICH will give him the opportunity to play and we never see anything except production from Bradshaw when he does.

He will probably be the type of guy that starts playing around week 12 on a consistent basis and wins guys ff leagues.

Can't wait to hear about the minor injury that keeps Bradshaw out of 70% of camp practices. Guarantee that reports will say, "but all signs point to Bradshaw being healthy for week 1". Odds that Bradshaw makes it 16 NFL games? Maybe 10%. This will be Bradshaw's last year in the NFL. I can see Trent Richardson falling on his face and sucking, but Bradshaw is not the answer for the Colts.
Think he played about 90 games in 6 seasons with the giants including 12 games in his rookie year as a 7th rounder.

What are the odds of a rb doing that?

Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - Colts
Ahmad Bradshaw (neck surgery) has been cleared for practice.
It's worth noting that Bradshaw averaged 4.53 YPC and scored two rushing touchdowns last year before sustaining his season-ending neck injury in Week 3. Trent Richardson averaged 2.91 YPC and scored three rushing touchdowns in 14 games as a Colt. Bradshaw enters camp with a leg up on Vick Ballard for No. 2 duties, and will be a name to watch if Richardson faceplants again.

Source: ESPN.com
Jul 24 - 8:03 AM
Make that a BIG leg-up on Vick Ballard.

----------------------------------------------------

Chris MortensenVerified account‏@mortreport17h

Colts RB Vick Ballard tore his Achilles, sources say. He was carted off the field earlier.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/25/report-vick-ballard-tore-his-achilles/

Report: Vick Ballard tore his AchillesPosted by Josh Alper on July 25, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT

The Colts saw running back Vick Ballard get carted off the field at practice on Friday and initial reports are that Ballard has suffered a severe injury for the second straight season.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Ballard tore his Achilles tendon during the workout. That sets up another lost season for Ballard, who tore his ACL in the first week of the 2013 season and missed the remainder of the season.

It also leaves the Colts looking a bit shaky at running back heading into the preseason. Trent Richardson did not impress anyone after arriving in Indianapolis in a trade with the Browns after Ballard got hurt last season and Ahmad Bradshaw ended last season on injured reserve with a neck injury. Bradshaw has also dealt with foot troubles throughout his career, which creates further reason to worry about their depth.

Dan Herron, Chris Rainey and Zurlon Tipton round out the running back group, which makes it seem likely that the Colts will be looking for help outside the organization if and when they confirm Ballard’s diagnosis. Michael Bush, Felix Jones, Ronnie Brown and Willis McGahee are some unsigned veteran options that could be of interest to the Colts.

Now it's 2 legs

Btw, all the ballard refugees trying to hop on this bandwagon can hop the eff off - we don't want your business

b.bb..bbut..but Bradshaw is the man in Indy! He is climbing the charts! I will PASS on Humpty Dumpty.

b.bb..bbut..but Bradshaw is the man in Indy! He is climbing the charts! I will PASS on Humpty Dumpty.
yeah, that guy could barely even show up for 90 games in his first 6 years.

yeah, that guy could barely even show up for 90 games in his first 6 years.
And David Wilson was once one of the most sought after prospects in the game... now... notsomuch. Things change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Ahmad Bradshaw rushed for 70 yards on 13 carries and caught five passes for 26 yards and two touchdowns in Monday night's Week 2 loss to the Colts.

Bradshaw outplayed Trent Richardson for the second consecutive game to open the season. Bradshaw took his first carry of the game 29 yards up the left side. It looked like he was shot out of a cannon. Bradshaw legitimately looks like he's been reborn, and he's playing in all red-zone and passing situations, as evidenced by his one-yard and seven-yard scores. He's clearly the superior talent in the Colts' backfield, but we tend to think the Indianapolis coaching staff is too stubborn to realize it. That, or they'll wake up when it's too late.

Sep 16 - 12:08 AM

I think Bradshaw could be an absolute monster if the Colts ever handed him the full workload. Some more Richardson fumbles and/or 3.0 ypc games and they should finally see what's obvious to everyone else.

I'm the founder of the dollar bradshaw club, but anybody worried he might get less time because the aptly named jags are so turible?

Colts starting 0-2, with Richardson contributing a fumble to the Monday night loss, is gold for Bradshaw. Jax is a division opponent with Colts coming off hard loss on short week. Bet this game is close.

Choo choo.

He's obviously the best RB in Indy by far, but at this point in his career I don't know that giving him a huge full time workload week in and week out is the smart play for the Colts. Keeping him on a pitch count carry-wise with heavy passing game involvement seems like a better plan. And he and the Indy offense are plenty good enough to do serious FF damage on 10-15 carries plus whatever receiving each week.

He's obviously the best RB in Indy by far, but at this point in his career I don't know that giving him a huge full time workload week in and week out is the smart play for the Colts. Keeping him on a pitch count carry-wise with heavy passing game involvement seems like a better plan. And he and the Indy offense are plenty good enough to do serious FF damage on 10-15 carries plus whatever receiving each week.
Yeah, I own him and am (most likely) starting him in two PPR leagues. I don't mind them giving Richardson carries as long as Bradshaw remains as active as he has been. The way things have gone, I can only see Bradshaw getting more work...

I'm def starting Bradshaw over Hill, D Brown and Asiata. I got West in there for sure, and its between Bradshaw and Spiller for the second spot. Got a bit of a motley crew going on at RB this season, so I'm gonna be riding Bradshaw in good match ups whilst he's still healthy.

Rotoworld:

Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - Colts

Colts OC Pep Hamilton says he has no set rotation at running back.

Hamilton considers both Ahmad Bradshaw and Trent Richardson every-down players. Richardson has out-touched Bradshaw 72-48, but out-gained him just 325-316. Considering Bradshaw's injury history, however, it's right approach for a Colts team that can't afford to lose Bradshaw for any amount of time. T-Rich has also taken a slight step forward from his dismal 2013. Emphasis on slight. Bradshaw is an RB2, with T-Rich being a high-floor FLEX.

Related: Trent Richardson

Source: Conrad Brunner
Oct 2 - 2:23 PM

He rode my bench last week and will again this week with a baddish matchup against Baltimore, and I am by no means loaded at RB ( Tate and a Spiller starting for me )

The TDs are of vital importance to his scoring and I can't help but feel that he will not be able to score them at this pace.

A high scoring player so far that I think will fall away unless something happens to Richardson

I can't sell this guy right now in my league. Was hoping to swap him for Kelce, but the guy said he can't trade him for a back-up RB. :shrug:

Hope Bradshaw stays healthy then and increases his value later on.

Silliness. If anything we see him more as this game should be close and you can't run TRich up the gut against Balt.

Supposedly practiced in full on Thursday. Keep it rolling.

Torn between Bradshaw and DMartin. Bradshaw has been money and I think the tougher the D, the more valuable he is. I like that he is in a reduced time share as he has never proven that he can stay healthy with the heavy load.

Rotoworld:

Ahmad Bradshaw rushed for 68 yards on 15 carries in the Colts' Week 5 win over the Ravens.

He caught 4-of-5 targets for 17 yards. Bradshaw continues to run circles around Trent Richardson, and out-touched his backfield mate 19-13 in this one. Bradshaw couldn't convert a fourth-and-one earlier in the game and fumbled at the Ravens' 11-yard line late while the Colts were leading 20-13 with 1:49 left in the game. Bradshaw will continue to see the touchdown opportunities and is an RB2. The Colts travel to Houston on Thursday night.

Oct 5 - 5:00 PM

Any concerns they lower his snaps due to a short week and coming off his biggest workload of the year last week, or does a divisional game trump that?

Ladsud said:
Any concerns they lower his snaps due to a short week and coming off his biggest workload of the year last week, or does a divisional game trump that?
yes. but even before he got more looks than richardson last week, he was already a top ten back because he gets some critical redzone looks. so even if the workload is scaled back a bit from last week, i see no reason to expect too much a decrease in FF points.

Thank goodness for this man, an absolute bargain off the WW.

Just hoping he still manages to get a nice handful of carries and receptions in this game and really put on a nice score.

Rotoworld:

Ahmad Bradshaw rushed 11 times for 34 yards in Indy's Week 6 win over the Texans, adding three catches for 25 yards and a touchdown.

As usual, Bradshaw out-produced Trent Richardson, managing 59 yards on 14 touches to T-Rich's 41 on 17. Both players had trouble finding room against the Texans' J.J. Watt-anchored front seven, but Bradshaw ripped off a couple Sproles-ian Houdini acts to keep drives moving in a tense second half. The receiving score was Bradshaw's fifth through six games. This, after he entered 2014 with three career scores through the air. Bradshaw will be an every-week RB2 for as long as he can stay healthy.

Oct 10 - 12:25 AM

Numbers may not totally show it. He looked incredible last night.
A really reliable (football smarts), effective and versatile guy. I would love for them to let him do his thing, only more of it but I doubt that happens...
I don't have a problem with the way they are using him. He'll put up RB2 numbers (at an RB4/5 price), and is not in jeopardy of breaking down. There is a reason the Giants let him go..."oft injured" is an understatement.

Rotoworld|:

Ahmad Bradshaw rushed 10 times for 52 yards with a touchdown and caught three passes for 36 yards with another touchdown in Sunday's Week 7 win over the Bengals.

Bradshaw lost a red-zone fumble early on, but there was no punishment. He was right back in there as the primary red-zone back after that, punching a goal-line carry in and later using his violent YAC skills after a catch for his sixth receiving score of the year. Perhaps most importantly for Bradshaw's outlook, Trent Richardson went down with a hamstring injury in the second half. The Colts will want to be careful with their veteran back, but he's going to be extremely productive even at 15 touches per game.

Oct 19 - 4:33 PM

This is the one fantasy "backup" where an injury to the starter isn't necessarily a good thing. I don't know anything about Daniel Herron (Colts' #3 RB), but as a Bradshaw owner I hope he can pick up enough "grunt" carries so Bradshaw stays healthy and productive. Colts seem like a smartly run team, so I'd be surprised if they didn't do that.

It could work out well, if they are smart about it and have someone else taking some of the brunt but with Bradshaw getting a handy couple of extra carries/receptions a game and being the defacto go to guy in the red zone.

Herron should be fine doing the grunt work, Richardson had a nice game today but hasnt exactly lite the world on fire this season.With Luck playing as good as he is, Herron should be able to come in and take 60% of the carries and fall forward for 3-4 yards and catch a few dump offs and give way to Bradshaw in the redzone.

Do we even know the severity of the Trich hamstring? He was injured with the game 24-0 going into the 4th. Hopefully it was just precaution.

Herron should be fine doing the grunt work, Richardson had a nice game today but hasnt exactly lite the world on fire this season.With Luck playing as good as he is, Herron should be able to come in and take 60% of the carries and fall forward for 3-4 yards and catch a few dump offs and give way to Bradshaw in the redzone.

Do we even know the severity of the Trich hamstring? He was injured with the game 24-0 going into the 4th. Hopefully it was just precaution.
Who cares? Herron was just as effective as trich. They could sign a guy off the street and get that kind of production

Boom Herron is a beast waiting to happen! He was the best Colts back in TC. I still love Bradshaw, but Boom can do the job.

Most of us who have Bradshaw have gotten very good return on their investment (late pick I'm guessing). Nearing the halfway point of the season, what is the shark play for Bradshaw owners? Are you cashing out and using him as a trade chip to help strenghten your team elsewhere? Or do you expect he holds up all year and would rather hang on to him?

I know everyone's teams and needs are different, but I'm just trying to get a sense of what others are thinking in regards to whether it's time to sell high on Ahmad or just continue to enjoy the ride.

Most of us who have Bradshaw have gotten very good return on their investment (late pick I'm guessing). Nearing the halfway point of the season, what is the shark play for Bradshaw owners? Are you cashing out and using him as a trade chip to help strenghten your team elsewhere? Or do you expect he holds up all year and would rather hang on to him?

I know everyone's teams and needs are different, but I'm just trying to get a sense of what others are thinking in regards to whether it's time to sell high on Ahmad or just continue to enjoy the ride.
It's hard to trade in the league I'm in but with his injury risk people aren't touching him....it seems like if you have him you gotta ride it out and hope for the best.

I'm waiting for news on Trent. If he's out for any period of time, I will try to sell Bradshaw as the only back in Indi. Peak value.

As long as Trent is still playing, I'll be keeping Ahmad as a RB2 with upside (goal line carries, 3rd downs, etc.). Personally I have Crowell, Knile, Talia, Mathews, and whoever I get on the waiver wire tomorrow morning as backs for the back end of the season. I've got no problem holding Bradshaw as my bridge, as long as Trent is around.

Users who are viewing this thread