What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ahmad Bradshaw Outlook (3 Viewers)

Ballard out for the year with an ACL. Does this make Donald Brown the next man up?
For now, but I imagine they'll bring a guy off the street since Brown didn't impress with his chance last year.
Actually, this is false. Brown played well until he got hurt. On the other hand, this has been his story from his first year in NFL--he gets hurt often it seems. Still, there isn't anyone on waivers that is going to be better than Brown. He is a must add iff you have Bradshaw due to Bradshaw's own injury history--unfortunately, someone beat me to him in my league.

Ballard out for the year with an ACL. Does this make Donald Brown the next man up?
For now, but I imagine they'll bring a guy off the street since Brown didn't impress with his chance last year.
Actually, this is false. Brown played well until he got hurt. On the other hand, this has been his story from his first year in NFL--he gets hurt often it seems. Still, there isn't anyone on waivers that is going to be better than Brown. He is a must add iff you have Bradshaw due to Bradshaw's own injury history--unfortunately, someone beat me to him in my league.
He was OK in a few games, but nothing that impressive. If he was, he wouldn't have opened the door for Ballard even before he got hurt.

http://www.nfl.com/player/donaldbrown/2507779/gamelogs?season=2012

Vick Ballard out with torn ACL. AB's outlook just got much...much brighter. Who else here is a proud Bradshaw owner today?
WOW
Did you trade Bradshaw away? I know you said you were down on him and was trying to give him away.
nobody would take him
Their loss. I just dont want everyone red-lining the crap out of these boards when Bradshaw actually has a good fantasy year.

Vick Ballard out with torn ACL. AB's outlook just got much...much brighter. Who else here is a proud Bradshaw owner today?
WOW
Did you trade Bradshaw away? I know you said you were down on him and was trying to give him away.
nobody would take him
Like I said they all did you a favor. Not that I knew Ballard would get hurt but I felt Bradshaw would eventually take the majority of the work and GL carries in time.

Curious, do you plan to trade trade Bradshaw not that his value has skyrocketed?

WOW
nobody would take him
Like I said they all did you a favor. Not that I knew Ballard would get hurt but I felt Bradshaw would eventually take the majority of the work and GL carries in time.

Curious, do you plan to trade trade Bradshaw now that his value has skyrocketed?

WOW
nobody would take him

Curious, do you plan to trade trade Bradshaw not that his value has skyrocketed?
Yes hes my RB4 and I have huge holes at WR2 and TE. Already put him on the block after todays news.

I would love to add Donald Brown, but Im dropping Shane Vereen for Bryce Brown who is a much more formidable back-up IMO.

Who else would you drop? My bench is good--> Gio Bernard, Golden Tate, Reuben Randle, Josh Gordon, Antonio Gates, Bryce Brown, and then the weekly interchangeables Joique Bell/Bradshaw/Matt Ryan

shadyridr said:
the spanker said:
shadyridr said:
the spanker said:
shadyridr said:
fbelange said:
WOW
nobody would take him

Yes hes my RB4 and I have huge holes at WR2 and TE. Already put him on the block after todays news.
Great for your roster then. Just make sure you get good compensation for him. I'd love to know what your able to get.

Is Bradshaw really so fragile that he's held together by duct tape? I wish people would stop making that analogy, but I do think he's injury prone.

Is Bradshaw really so fragile that he's held together by duct tape? I wish people would stop making that analogy, but I do think he's injury prone.
It's not even that he is fragile ... He runs and cuts so violently that his feet cant handle the stress.

It's not even that he is fragile ... He runs and cuts so violently that his feet cant handle the stress.
At least AB's a tough guy that will play hurt. If he can't go, it's because he's really injured.
Agree. On top of that he's playing for a future contract and publicly stated he's gonna give it his all to prove teams made a mistake not giving him a chance.

If he stay healthy he's gonna be a beast.

Last edited by a moderator:
So predict the future, sharks.

Bradshaw will see 30 touches? If so he has a big day.

I recently decided to start Bradshaw over Joique Bell (which really wasnt that ridiculoud before the Ballard injury). My RB situation is hurting so I hope someone can provide me with some (fale even) confidence that Ahmad will have a big day.

Thanks

Figure 24 handoffs and 6 short passes. Its possible, and not saying it would be good for him or his feet in the long-run but his upside is RB1 IMO.

Everyone is so quick to write him off

fbelange said:
So predict the future, sharks.

Bradshaw will see 30 touches? If so he has a big day.

I recently decided to start Bradshaw over Joique Bell (which really wasnt that ridiculoud before the Ballard injury). My RB situation is hurting so I hope someone can provide me with some (fale even) confidence that Ahmad will have a big day.

Thanks
Bradshaw will see 15-20 touches; Brown 5-10 touches.

He's healthy and getting the nod. If he's on your bench you must have a strong RB corps. I knew this was a relatively shallow year at the position and I should have acted on it.

In any event, seeing he gets 20 touches and Brown does little of anything, does anyone think his upside is a possible RB1 or am I drinking some of my Giants-fandom Kool-Aid?

Bradshaw would have had 12-15 touches before VB got hurt. 18-22 is not out of the question.

With that many touches, he is an easy flex play (IMO) this week over the likes of:

D. Richardson

Shorts

Hilton

Bell

So wither Bradshaw now that TRich is on board with the Colts?

Ahmad Bradshaw is the Colts' No. 2 running back following the Wednesday acquisition of Trent Richardson.
Where there was once low-end RB2 appeal, there is now just a handcuff. Bradshaw showed well in Week 2, averaging 4.3 yards on his 15 carries while catching three passes, but the Colts clearly had no faith his troublesome feet would hold up over the grind of a 16-game season. Although he's still likely to be mixed in for 5-6 weekly touches, Bradshaw is a pure bench option, and an end-of-roster one at that. The dream is over.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4305/ahmad-bradshaw

Hope you enjoyed that 5 day ride of euphoria.
I actually blame this on fbelange for being proud a guy got injured so his fantasy team could score a few more points. Karma is a real kick in the shorts, ain't it!
The best part was how Bradshaw owners thought he was going to take over Vick Ballard as the lead, instead of a complement.

I actually blame this on fbelange for being proud a guy got injured so his fantasy team could score a few more points. Karma is a real kick in the shorts, ain't it!
The best part was how Bradshaw owners thought he was going to take over Vick Ballard as the lead, instead of a complement.
The only thing holding the guy back from that was injuries. Considering the way guys "Miraculously" recover these days in the NFL, the best part is people thinking that it would be impossible for the best blocking back in 2012 to take over for a mediocre RB. A lot of those same people slept on Knowshon too.

The only thing holding the guy back from that was injuries.
No.

The only thing holding the guy back from that was injuries.
No.
What exactly was holding him back? Was it Ballard's sub 4.0 YPC last year?

Giants would be a good fit - and call me crazy but so would the Packers (mentor to Lacy and a better receiver), same for Dallas (Murray), San Fran for the receiving threat - and maybe best of all Rams (mentor and share carries)

Has one players fantasy outlook went this crazy so fast. About 4 weeks ago he was Indy's starter and just by being a starting back he was expected to be top 25, first game of the year he takes a back seat to Vick Ballard and he looks like waiver fodder, Ballard then hurts his knee in practice and is lost for the entire season and now Bradshaw looks like he could be top 20 with no competition and does well in week 2, now this week they trade for a young 23 year old back in his prime that was just drafted in the top 3 last year.

I don't expect a trade - even though there are places he would fit. I think he stays in Indy - and plays about 30-70 to TRich. I think Bradshaw gets most the receptions just to limit wear and tear on Trich

I don't expect a trade - even though there are places he would fit. I think he stays in Indy - and plays about 30-70 to TRich. I think Bradshaw gets most the receptions just to limit wear and tear on Trich
I agree. Nobody is going to give much for Bradshaw. He's a valuable resource to keep and help teach TRich a few things maybe.

Ballard's value also has gone all over the map. Prior to Bradshaw signing he was the starter and many thought he would be for a long time. Then Bradshaw is signed and it looks down for him. Then he starts the first game and he is up. Then he is out for the year and is down, but people still think he will be back starting next year. Now, with TRich signing Ballard is worthless even in dynasty.

Rotoworld:

Impending free agent Ahmad Bradshaw (neck, injured reserve) plans to play in 2014.
"That's the plan," Bradshaw said. "Get ready for next season." According to Bradshaw, there's a chance he could have already been back on the field had he not been placed on injured reserve. Bradshaw is still only 27, and boasts a career 4.6 yards per carry. However, he has serious foot and neck issues to his name, and is going to have trouble landing guaranteed money in free agency, just like he did in 2013.

Source: Indianapolis Star

Ive held him in multiple leagues.

Assuming he can walk (big assumption), Im sure he will go somewhere next year.

Maybe Raiders to replace the other walking injury report?

Ive held him in multiple leagues.

Assuming he can walk (big assumption), Im sure he will go somewhere next year.

Maybe Raiders to replace the other walking injury report?
Same mindset. Basically, if he can pass a team physical, he has enough on tape where NFL teams know he can do the job. Now, he may be Fred Taylor on steroids in terms of always breaking, always worrying fantasy owners but if you have the room on a roster, he is worth hanging on to for spot starts and hopeful that he holds together longer like he did that one time.

Who woulda thought Donald Brown would be the guy to own in December back in September?

Strange how things work out sometimes

Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - Colts
Ahmad Bradshaw (neck surgery) has been cleared for practice.
It's worth noting that Bradshaw averaged 4.53 YPC and scored two rushing touchdowns last year before sustaining his season-ending neck injury in Week 3. Trent Richardson averaged 2.91 YPC and scored three rushing touchdowns in 14 games as a Colt. Bradshaw enters camp with a leg up on Vick Ballard for No. 2 duties, and will be a name to watch if Richardson faceplants again.

Source: ESPN.com
Jul 24 - 8:03 AM

Users who are viewing this thread