What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Las Vegas Raiders - RIP Jack - one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever (3 Viewers)

21 x 0 = 0 oof, this writer really must be a Raider at heart cause he no math well :no:
63 is indeed 21 times the prior week's score of 3 however.
yes, but not what he wrote in the article.

All i want for xmas is a raider win so I don’t have to hear my brother in law fn sing oohhhh waaahhhh oooohhhh, waaaahhhh ooohhhh all xmas day
Does ur brother IL have any skin in the game ? Who does HE root for ?
he’s a chiefs fan, been one for life
man i sure will be disappointed if you didnt yell oohhhh waaahhhh oooohhhh, waaaahhhh ooohhhh the rest of the day at your brother in law...he had it coming

So after the Jack Jones pick 6 i was distracted and only saw a part of what seemed like a skirmish after the play was over and the game resumed , something that involved Jack Jones. He looked heated and i saw AP trying to calm him down , can anyone fill in the blanks?

So after the Jack Jones pick 6 i was distracted and only saw a part of what seemed like a skirmish after the play was over and the game resumed , something that involved Jack Jones. He looked heated and i saw AP trying to calm him down , can anyone fill in the blanks?
If you watch as he crosses the goal line he’s talking some major trash to Mahomes. I’m guessing they didn’t appreciate that. Apparently the Chiefs don’t like getting beat up especially at home.

21 x 0 = 0 oof, this writer really must be a Raider at heart cause he no math well :no:
63 is indeed 21 times the prior week's score of 3 however.
yes, but not what he wrote in the article.

All i want for xmas is a raider win so I don’t have to hear my brother in law fn sing oohhhh waaahhhh oooohhhh, waaaahhhh ooohhhh all xmas day
Does ur brother IL have any skin in the game ? Who does HE root for ?
he’s a chiefs fan, been one for life
man i sure will be disappointed if you didnt yell oohhhh waaahhhh oooohhhh, waaaahhhh ooohhhh the rest of the day at your brother in law...he had it coming
lots of **** talking has gone on all day now

Jack Jones is
The Raiders D is legit
I wonder if anyone else around here thinks this? 🤔
awww HELL YA
Jones is legit and certainly has helped this defense... HUGE upgrade over Peters and not only because he actually will tackle.

THANK YOU to the Cheatriots for cutting him. It was kind of destiny being that AP coached him in HS and college. Jones, Hobbs, and Robertson have formed a good corner group for us. Epps and Moehrig are playing well in the safety spots. Spillane has been anchored the D and been playing pro bowl level. Deablo has been putting in good snaps and is a good cover LB. Koonce has gone from flashing promise, to really starting to develop, to dominating. We know Maxx is damn near the league DPOY. We got decent rotational players in the middle... if we got a monster DT that could rush the QB we really have the makings of the best defense in the league. As is, AP and Graham have these guys playing like a top 5 defense.

It is amazing to me how much McD brought this team down with his BS Partriot Way of demeaning and obliterating the players for every little mistake possible to the point these guys weren't playing football. You get a HC that emboldens them to just play hard and don't worry about getting taken to school like a 3rd grader throwing spit wads for not using the proper technique on every snap or whatever and WOW, what a difference.

The defense was there... they just needed to be freed from all that crap.

The offense is a little harder to fix and when you have a never been very good and can't throw beyond 10 yards down the field veteran and a rookie that pretty much everyone expected needed time to develop as your QB's because of the player moves McD made on top of a crap system that apparently only did well all those years because Brady was just that damn good..... it is understandable that this offense isn't a powerhouse. They DID do well last game and they DID put this game away. So, I am not going to take that away from them but we can't expect two TD's from our D every game.

If you watch as he crosses the goal line he’s talking some major trash to Mahomes. I’m guessing they didn’t appreciate that. Apparently the Chiefs don’t like getting beat up especially at home.
Yea, they cut to him and it looks like Pacheco (I think from memory) and someone else walk up and you can tell there is some talking but there wasn't a lot of body language being thrown around.... then the Chefs keep getting up on him and he kind pushes/punches one of them and that set off the fireworks.

Yea, they cut to him and it looks like Pacheco (I think from memory) and someone else walk up and you can tell there is some talking but there wasn't a lot of body language being thrown around.... then the Chefs keep getting up on him and he kind pushes/punches one of them and that set off the fireworks.
I did see Jones appear to call a kid in the crowd to him and was going to hand him the ball , then he pulled the ball away. I couldnt tell if he was messing with the kid and was just being a jerk, but i also saw a man reaching for the ball as well and maybe thats why he pulled the ball away . Strange either way .

So watching the nfl YouTube highlights they do not show any of the 4 sacks today. Usually the highlights show every third down play, which they did. They also showed Mahomes run for 7 yards, neither on 3rd down or for a first down.

Not just the chiefs and their fans having a sook today

I did see Jones appear to call a kid in the crowd to him and was going to hand him the ball , then he pulled the ball away. I couldnt tell if he was messing with the kid and was just being a jerk, but i also saw a man reaching for the ball as well and maybe thats why he pulled the ball away . Strange either way .
I saw it...

The kid had a black jacket and hat. From his angle, he wouldn't have seen much else so I think he thought the kid was a Raider fan and then when the kid stood up he saw the Chef gear on and then pulled back. No reason to give the ball to a Chef fan... even a kid.

I saw it...

The kid had a black jacket and hat. From his angle, he wouldn't have seen much else so I think he thought the kid was a Raider fan and then when the kid stood up he saw the Chef gear on and then pulled back. No reason to give the ball to a Chef fan... even a kid.
Jones said there was a black dude that was reaching for the ball and that’s why he pulled it back. It’s hard to see but there’s an arm that comes over the kid’s right shoulder reaching for the ball. But who cares. Raiders!

anyone starting their defense vs IND? I have Broncos and thinking about picking them up and/or Rams since Broncos are about out of it and seem to have regressed.

What a strange, and glorious win. Some observations:
  1. AOC seemed to regress. He reverted to holding the ball too long and threw behind receivers multiple times. Was it the weather? The crowd noise? Missing Mayer? I do not know, but the Raiders need much better play from the position if they hope to sustain their recent success.
  2. With each game, I am becoming more convinced that Wilson is a bust. I want him to succeed because of what it would for mean the defense, but he just isn't making plays. The fact that Crosby is leading by example amplifies my concern. Opposing linemen can stalemate Wilson too easily and he is always a step slow on his pass rush to the QB.
  3. The Chiefs oline is a complete mess. The situation reminds me of the year the Chiefs lost to the Bucs in the SB. The lack of play-making speed at WR and Kelce's decline magnify their oline problems.

Couple things:
This game exemplifies what I’ve been harping on for at least 5 years. They are finally starting to dominate the trenches on both sides of the ball. There was a play were GVR hit Chris Jones right in the mouth and put him on his backside. That is a top 1-2 interior Dlineman in the NFL getting pancaked by a journeyman Olineman. It’s about attitude. That’s what AP is preaching and why he should get the job going forward. This version of the Raiders believes they can beat anyone, even with a major hole to fill on offense.
Which leads me to my 2nd point:
I like AOC but he is who he is right now, a rookie QB learning on the job. It was painfully obvious the coaching staff was not going to put that game on AOCs shoulders. They put it on the defense, Oline and Zamir White. And that’s the right thing to do because that’s their identity (they finally have an identity thanks to AP).
Whatever happens this season, going forward the QB position needs to upgraded. Whether it’s getting a vet like Fields or spending a high pick on a QB they have to bring in serious competition next year for AOC. If he beats them out great - he earned it. But they can’t go into 2024 with AOC as the undisputed starter.
But today is all about enjoying a big victory. Happy Holidays Raider Nation!

Nice win fellas. That was a good 'ol fashioned butt whipping.

I'm happy for Antonio Pierce. I'm not sure he if should get the job full time or not but he's restored that Raider toughness almost over-night.
Classy post. It was a big win yesterday and all of us Raider fans are damn happy. However, it was just one win by a team with a losing record that isn’t likely to get into the playoffs. Again. The Raiders have serious issues on offense and are not going to win games by the defense scoring TDS every week. I’m not a fan of the OC or the QB but think AP deserves to be the HC unless the wheels really fall off the next two weeks. I haven’t seen the D play this hard since the early 2000s.

AOC made some good decisions. Most importantly, he didn't turn the ball over. He is a rookie and needs to develop more and I think there is room for him to do so. That all said, not completing a pass after the 1st Q is inexcusable and embarrassing. It is amazing we still won. I think he has proven himself a competent back up with upside but we certainly will be in the QB market this off season. Fields is interesting to me. If the Bears invest their top pick into a QB then they very well could look to trade him. I wouldn't over pay but I sure would kick the tires.

AOC made some good decisions. Most importantly, he didn't turn the ball over. He is a rookie and needs to develop more and I think there is room for him to do so. That all said, not completing a pass after the 1st Q is inexcusable and embarrassing. It is amazing we still won. I think he has proven himself a competent back up with upside but we certainly will be in the QB market this off season. Fields is interesting to me. If the Bears invest their top pick into a QB then they very well could look to trade him. I wouldn't over pay but I sure would kick the tires.
there were a couple of times where it looked like he could have ran for the first down because the line backers were 20 yards deep and he still refused to run and instead tried to force a pass.
it’s really odd that he won’t run at all

Kirk Cousins perhaps?

with our WRs, RBs and rookie TE…feels like a win now move while Davante is still a top WR

Kirk Cousins perhaps?

with our WRs, RBs and rookie TE…feels like a win now move while Davante is still a top WR
I think personnel on offense will look a lot different next season no matter what happens this year. I don’t think Jacobs will be back. Adams might want to stay if they finish 2023 strong and the QB position and offense gets upgraded to his liking. If not, fleece the Jets or whomever thinks they’re one very good aging WR away.
Renfrow will obviously be gone.
The big question is if AP and Champ are retained, how much changes? What if Graham gets a HC job? Probably not, but it’s possible. Has Hardegree done enough to keep his OC title? It’s all speculation right now but there’s turnover everywhere on every team, just how much will be interesting to see.

The Raiders need to keep a nucleus intact if they want to win and win more than just one year . They have some key pieces and a coach that can get the most out of them. Find a QB that can lead this team and they make some real noise for a few years. Jacobs is really good and young. Devante has another 3 to 5 years years left to give . Meyers is a great wr in his own right. Mayer could be special . Zeus isnt going to lead a team like Jacobs can. The defense is really onto something with Maxx . I say do everything you can to keep the key players and give this team a real shot at something special .

Kirk Cousins perhaps?

I think personnel on offense will look a lot different next season no matter what happens this year. I don’t think Jacobs will be back. Adams might want to stay if they finish 2023 strong and the QB position and offense gets upgraded to his liking. If not, fleece the Jets or whomever thinks they’re one very good aging WR away.
Renfrow will obviously be gone.
The big question is if AP and Champ are retained, how much changes? What if Graham gets a HC job? Probably not, but it’s possible. Has Hardegree done enough to keep his OC title? It’s all speculation right now but there’s turnover everywhere on every team, just how much will be interesting to see.
Keeping Adams happy is exactly why I bring up a guy like Cousins. Win Now vet QB who was having his best year yet. Offensive weapons like Adams, Meyer, Mayer and (insert RB name here) combined with our surging D should be enough to make the playoffs next year with a competent QB.
drop the interim tag on AP and Champ now, and plan for an aggressive offseason.

and still draft a rookie QB anyway. :)

Nice win fellas. That was a good 'ol fashioned butt whipping.

I'm happy for Antonio Pierce. I'm not sure he if should get the job full time or not but he's restored that Raider toughness almost over-night.
Classy post. It was a big win yesterday and all of us Raider fans are damn happy. However, it was just one win by a team with a losing record that isn’t likely to get into the playoffs. Again. The Raiders have serious issues on offense and are not going to win games by the defense scoring TDS every week. I’m not a fan of the OC or the QB but think AP deserves to be the HC unless the wheels really fall off the next two weeks. I haven’t seen the D play this hard since the early 2000s.
Same sentiment here

Interesting idea, assuming Cousin is available. The big question is what kind of money would Cousin want. What is your comfort level with paying a 35 yo QB that lacks mobility $35 per year guaranteed for 2 or 3 years? If they upgrade the oline, it might make sense.

Interesting idea, assuming Cousin is available. The big question is what kind of money would Cousin want. What is your comfort level with paying a 35 yo QB that lacks mobility $35 per year guaranteed for 2 or 3 years? If they upgrade the oline, it might make sense.
No thanks. I like him, but that’s too much money coming off injury. if he’s willing to take a deal, than yes.

Watching baker mayfield play makes me wish they had rolled the dice with him instead of the dreamboat. Next year is probably going to be journeyman qb or a rookie at the helm. Super trooper ain’t it

How bout Moerihg getting his INT overturned? Can’t believe more people aren’t talking about this. No way was there enough evidence to overturn that call. You could clearly see his arm was under the football the whole time. The ball touched the ground but it can as long as it’s under control. No way was there enough video evidence to change it.

No thanks. I like him, but that’s too much money coming off injury. if he’s willing to take a deal, than yes.

Watching baker mayfield play makes me wish they had rolled the dice with him instead of the dreamboat. Next year is probably going to be journeyman qb or a rookie at the helm. Super trooper ain’t it
I think Bakers resurgence has more to do with his QB coach, same guy who was with Geno and Lock last year. We need that guy

How bout Moerihg getting his INT overturned? Can’t believe more people aren’t talking about this. No way was there enough evidence to overturn that call. You could clearly see his arm was under the football the whole time. The ball touched the ground but it can as long as it’s under control. No way was there enough video evidence to change it.
That, the phantom holding call to keep a Chef drive alive and numerous no holding calls that the Chef offensive line was doing on pretty much every play..... ALL about the league doing it's best to bail the Chefs out because Mahomes, Kelce and Swift are deemed important to the league.

I will say this though.... and I am pretty sure that this is a first for the entire Raider organization history from formation to today.... we are the least penalized team in the league. Another reason why I am all for AP getting the go ahead as our new HC.

There were probably at least 10 FA QB's that were better choices than Jimmy G and Mayfield was one of them. But because he was a Pat before and because apparently no one watches games and could see he sucked as a QB and was lucky to have a dominant defense and guys who are great running after the catch.... we hired him.

So watching the nfl YouTube highlights they do not show any of the 4 sacks today. Usually the highlights show every third down play, which they did. They also showed Mahomes run for 7 yards, neither on 3rd down or for a first down.

This pick wasn’t even shown but you here them talk about it on the play after

I’m frustrated with the inconsistency and or incompetence. When Jalen Ramsey picked off AOC at the end of the Miami game, it wasn’t even reviewed. And that play essentially ended the game. Why no review? And someone please show me irrefutable evidence Moerihg did not intercept that ball. I should just be happy with a win in Arrowhead but there’s a pattern I’m seeing here.

I think Bakers resurgence has more to do with his QB coach, same guy who was with Geno and Lock last year. We need that guy
I just like the energy. Plays like a raider. Dude is a little off

I’m frustrated with the inconsistency and or incompetence. When Jalen Ramsey picked off AOC at the end of the Miami game, it wasn’t even reviewed. And that play essentially ended the game. Why no review? And someone please show me irrefutable evidence Moerihg did not intercept that ball. I should just be happy with a win in Arrowhead but there’s a pattern I’m seeing here.
Same with the end of the game vs the Vikings. The interception that basically ended the game looked like it hit the ground and it was never reviewed.

One thing we have seen recently is how mentally fragile Mahomes and Kelce are.

Mahomes has a meltdown after the refs make a correct call that no one disputes.

Mahomes was in the verge of crying all game yesterday and Kelce had a temper tantrum throwing his helmet.

Like AP said... they have their mess around trick plays and what not but if you punch them in the face and keep punching them. They fold.

One thing we have seen recently is how mentally fragile Mahomes and Kelce are.

Mahomes has a meltdown after the refs make a correct call that no one disputes.

Mahomes was in the verge of crying all game yesterday and Kelce had a temper tantrum throwing his helmet.

Like AP said... they have their mess around trick plays and what not but if you punch them in the face and keep punching them. They fold.
That’s the thing about AP’s Raiders. You have to kick the good teams when they’re down. You can’t always be the “get right game”. Of all the problems the Chiefs have, they’re biggest problem yesterday was the Raiders and that’s all that matters.

Indy seems like a trap game. Coming off a huge win then have the Broncos after Indy. Hope this level of intensity remains and if AP can pull that off will be very hard not to keep him at HC

Indy seems like a trap game. Coming off a huge win then have the Broncos after Indy. Hope this level of intensity remains and if AP can pull that off will be very hard not to keep him at HC
Indy looked like hot garbage against a very mediocre Falcons team. That being said, there are no easy wins for the Raiders

Users who are viewing this thread