What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (2 Viewers)

but it’s definitely not the gritty, old and dilapidated Coluseum I used to frequent so often in my younger days.
It's not and that sucks...kinda sorta. The Colosseum was a disgusting venue that turned violent all too often.

There may not ever be a true home feel to the Death Star but the Rams proved that really doesn't prevent winning. And the advantages of having a state of the art stadium in a place with no state income tax more than makes up for the disadvantages.

Unfortunately even if they start winning it will become a hot ticket and out of town money will out bid the true fans of the team and gobble up all the seats.

Caleb is the bees knees for sure, I have him far and away the best QB currently in college. It's not close. I don't want to wait until 2024 for him is all.

Soooooooooo...2023? Tank for Caleb?

Who's with me???
We just got done sucking for Stroud!

Make it happen. Trade 2024 1st if we have to get down to 1.02. But i don't want to half-*** a QB shot, go all in. If it misses we'll get a shot at Arch in 2026.
You call that sucking?

Pass on Stroud let's go all in for Caleb Williams. Dude looks next level.

0-16 or worse in 2023 for me.
Build the defense this year. Stroud doesn’t have the skills and athleticism Williams does. Especially if Bars is still playing guard and they can’t solve the RT problems.

Sounds like lots of Chiefs fans there today.
Late in a done season against winning teams... yea, that is going to happen. Sure, it didn't happen in Oakland but that is because no one wanted to go to Oakland. A winning/competitive team will get it full but LV is never going to be all S&B or empty like in Oakland.

Just saw this posted in the Josh Jacobs thread and should definitely be here as well 👍👍👍

“(thehuddle) The Las Vegas Raiders are expected to retain RB Josh Jacobs for the 2023 season, either through a contract extension or by giving him the franchise tag, rather than allowing him to leave via free agency. Analysis: Jacobs, who will be 25 by the start of next season, currently leads the league in rushing attempts (323) and rushing yards (1,608) and has reached the end zone 12 times through his first 16 games. He should be viewed as a must-start option in all fantasy leagues when healthy”
Serious question. Why didn't they just give him his 5th year option? Not like he has sucked in his 3 previous years.
Because we are the Raiders.

According to Sleeperbot; Broncos requested permission from the Saints to interview Sean Payton.
Can you really see him taking that job? Even if he thinks he can fix Wilson,,, does he want to take that team that is hamstrung by that contract with no early picks for this and next year? I don't see it. I wouldn't. They have a good defense and offensive pieces but if Wilson is broken... you are screwed for the next few years and have very little bright side to the losing.

Are we done thinking Stidham is any sort of answer?
This team is NOT ready for this game , the penalties are preseason crap, once again this is on the coach . Stidham is making some decent throws and making things happen with his wheels IMO ,
After the Carr news, many players are probably as discouraged and confused as the fans. I know the players are trying to win but they may be distracted. McD doesn’t seem to be a great coach so far but it is early.
Trying to win and having your heart and soul into winning are two different things. There is likely to be some truth to this as Carr is loved in the locker room. I know the Carr detractors like to think this isn't the case but it is. There does seem to be a rallying effect against the Niners and then going flat here. Stidham wasn't bad but not good either. He kept some plays with his feet (though on at least one I think he missed someone open that would have picked up good yardage) but his ball placement was below average. The good to great QB's put some of those balls in places where it will either be a reception or incomplete. He doesn't seem to do this. Last game there were several throws that lacked this but great plays from Waller and Adams saved them from interception to a reception. This game, they didn't make those exceptional plays to keep us in the game. I think Stidham showed us over the two games that what he is is a quality system backup guy that can come in and keep the offense rolling through the system and running here and there. I don't see from what I saw as him being the answer.

Stidham is a mixed bag. Raiders should definitely sign him. I like what he does with his legs, and he makes some good throws (the TD to Renfrow) but he also throws behind receivers (like the play that got Adams knocked around) and too many bunny picks - the one he almost threw in the 4th (drop) was rough. 4th & 21, but still…

He seems like a guy they could develop though.
He has had 4 years to develop... I am not sure at this point how much more developing you can do with him in the same system. Is he at his best? Prob not but I also am not seeing how more snaps is going to take him into a NFL SB winning QB.

According to Sleeperbot; Broncos requested permission from the Saints to interview Sean Payton.
Can you really see him taking that job? Even if he thinks he can fix Wilson,,, does he want to take that team that is hamstrung by that contract with no early picks for this and next year? I don't see it. I wouldn't. They have a good defense and offensive pieces but if Wilson is broken... you are screwed for the next few years and have very little bright side to the losing.
Wilson has a market level contract. If he can be fixed it will be worth it. The picks are a bummer but it's not like there isn't talent on both sides of the ball already.

Throw in all the money the team can afford to throw at him and, why wouldn't he want that job.

Stidham is a mixed bag. Raiders should definitely sign him. I like what he does with his legs, and he makes some good throws (the TD to Renfrow) but he also throws behind receivers (like the play that got Adams knocked around) and too many bunny picks - the one he almost threw in the 4th (drop) was rough. 4th & 21, but still…

He seems like a guy they could develop though.
He has had 4 years to develop... I am not sure at this point how much more developing you can do with him in the same system. Is he at his best? Prob not but I also am not seeing how more snaps is going to take him into a NFL SB winning QB.
Probably not, but he could keep the seat warm for a year if the Raiders take Levis at 1.07

Wilson has a market level contract. If he can be fixed it will be worth it. The picks are a bummer but it's not like there isn't talent on both sides of the ball already.

Throw in all the money the team can afford to throw at him and, why wouldn't he want that job.
Wilson looks broken and that is a heck of a gamble to go all in on a QB that looks done and that you are stuck with for a couple of years no matter how badly he sucks. Of course, all NFL offensive minded coaches think that THEY can fix someone like Wilson. If there is a list of people who are most likely able to fix him, it is fair to say that Payton is on that. But... for a guy who can have his pick of teams (I mean, there are teams who would fire who they have now to get him if they thought they could) is that the situation you want to pick? He left coaching for the break.... you want to jump back into that mess? It seems crazy to me. But heck... maybe if you put enough $$$ it doesn't matter.

I don't see Payton accepting the Denver job when he will likely have better options. If the Chargers lose their wildcard game they could fire Staley. The Dolphins had interest in him already and maybe they fire McDaniel if they think they can get him now. The question will be who is willing to meet the Saints asking price for trade compensation and his asking price for his salary.

I just saw this...

Rich Gannon year 1 under Gruden:
16 games, 515 attempts 304 completions, 3,840 yards 24 TD/14 INT defense ranked 16th 8-8 record. Second season 12-4.

Derek Carr year 1 under McD:
15 games, 502 attempts 302 completions, 3,522 yards 24TD/14 INT defense ranked 26th 6-9 record. Second season.... almost assuredly traded or cut.

Abram, Muse and Jefferson all started and playing for a playoff spot with Seattle today. Crazy times we live in…
Personnel management has been terrible for decades.
It was strange how they gave up on Muse without ever seeing him play in a real game. I thought Jefferson was the 2nd best Dline man last year, and Abram, I don’t know, definitely a wasted 1st round pick but I guess he can play a supporting role when surrounded by better talent.

Abram, Muse and Jefferson all started and playing for a playoff spot with Seattle today. Crazy times we live in…
Cutting Abram outright did not make sense to me, at least the timing didn't make sense to me. Ok, you don't like him at safety... I can understand it, he struggles in coverage... but why cut him? You are not going to convince me that Farley or Pola-Mao are better. He clearly had reserve value. The only part that would make sense is if his attitude was bad or something along those lines.

Muse was crazy. We invested a 3rd round pick in him, throw him on IR for a year, go through off season and then nope, we don't even want to see what you can do on the field. Bye.

Jefferson was sad to me. Along with the other DT's we had last year. You are going to tell me that we didn't need his 4-5 sacks he was going to bring with the pressure up the middle? The rotation with Philon and Thomas along with Jefferson got a lot more pressure than we got from the middle this year and certainly more sacks. Philon made more sense in moving on from because I don't think he played for anyone this year. I think we got 3 sacks from the entire DT position group this year.

Raiders pick at 7. I hope they follow the 49er blueprint and build up the dline. There will some very good players available at that spot. And focu on drafting big uglies.
I really don't know who is who coming out... assuming all the value is the same, I would love to get a dominant DT that can crush pockets with that 1st rounder. If not that then a pass rushing edge stud. We have a great piece to build around on the Dline but he needs help. The impact of adding another stud on the line would make the biggest change to the team.... well, now other than going back to the QB search that is. If we don't bring in a vet QB then we have to draft a QB. It is hard to find a franchise QB period let alone not picking them in the 1st.

We have a lot of choice to me made before we even get to the draft which will impact that. The biggest being what happens with Carr. Trading him, assumingly for picks, would help shape our draft. Whether we trade or cut him, if we don't sign a vet that means we are in the hunt for a QB which will shape our draft. If we oddly ended up keeping Carr, which wouldn't that be a very Raider thing to end up doing? (I really don't see that happening though- I don't think you come back from benching/inactive like this).

It is going to be a crazy off season.

I just saw this...

16 games, 515 attempts 304 completions, 3,840 yards 24 TD/14 INT defense ranked 16th 8-8 record. Second season 12-4.

15 games, 502 attempts 302 completions, 3,522 yards 24TD/14 INT defense ranked 26th 6-9 record. Second season.... almost assuredly traded or cut.

Interesting, but the NFL is sooooooo different from when Gannon played to now.

I just saw this...

it's sad carr doesn't have better numbers tbh. league favors qb's so much more now than when gannon played

gannon also won playoff games under gruden. carr played under gruden multiple years and never did.

I just saw this...

it's sad carr doesn't have better numbers tbh. league favors qb's so much more now than when gannon played

gannon also won playoff games under gruden. carr played under gruden multiple years and never did.
Pretty sure we can all agree that Gannon was a much better QB and a stronger leader. Gannon had the ability to bring men together to play harder and will the team to win. I think that’s what’s missing most from Carr. I don’t see that killer drive.

carr to the pats or steelers
I’d think the Steelers are happy with Pickett
They should be. He’s playing decent and is going to improve in that well run organization. Steelers will be in playoffs next year. Raiders will likely not.

memo to 10 year old me: don’t switch from a Steelers fan to a Raiders fan back in ‘77. Short term, it was a good call. But long term, it ain’t.
I grew up an hour north of Pittsburgh and I too became a Raider fan at 10 years old but it was 78. I was a dumb kid that fell for the outlaw reckless and winning play of the Raiders. I could have been celebrating winning and playoffs almost every year and a SB almost every decade as a Steeler fan.
My oldest son is now a Dolphin fan (changed from Chef) because he loves Hill (though if someone comes along and is clearly the fastest WR, he would prob jump ship). My youngest who has been my Raider buddy is now starting to talk about the Ravens because the only way he wins at Madden is playing them and running with Lamar all the time.

It use to hurt.

Now I am wondering if they are just making good life decisions.
not sure how old they are so maybe they get a hall pass.....but at some age or point in life if you a a true "fan" of a team.....you don't hop around like this.....sounds like they are fans of certain players....not teams.....maybe explain the difference to them (player vs team) and it will ease the pain....

They should be. He’s playing decent and is going to improve in that well run organization. Steelers will be in playoffs next year. Raiders will likely not.

memo to 10 year old me: don’t switch from a Steelers fan to a Raiders fan back in ‘77. Short term, it was a good call. But long term, it ain’t.
I grew up an hour north of Pittsburgh and I too became a Raider fan at 10 years old but it was 78. I was a dumb kid that fell for the outlaw reckless and winning play of the Raiders. I could have been celebrating winning and playoffs almost every year and a SB almost every decade as a Steeler fan.
My oldest son is now a Dolphin fan (changed from Chef) because he loves Hill (though if someone comes along and is clearly the fastest WR, he would prob jump ship). My youngest who has been my Raider buddy is now starting to talk about the Ravens because the only way he wins at Madden is playing them and running with Lamar all the time.

It use to hurt.

not sure how old they are so maybe they get a hall pass.....but at some age or point in life if you a a true "fan" of a team.....you don't hop around like this.....sounds like they are fans of certain players....not teams.....maybe explain the difference to them (player vs team) and it will ease the pain....
9 and 7

It use to hurt.

9 and 7
FF plays a roll in this. not that they're playing.
i have t hill on my dynasty team. hated rooting for him. watcha going to do? :shrug:

It use to hurt.

9 and 7
Seems common for kids to bounce around as fans of teams. They generally gravitate to the winning team at the moment or a new young player, such as Josh Allen or Jefferson

@DocHolliday yea... the older one wants to be a WR and likes fast things (Cheetah is his fav animal before Hill being called Cheetah). I had been pushing Ruggs... he even took 11 for hos football and then later bball numbers.... then that blew up in my face in spectacular Raider fashion. He also likes Jefferson a lot.

The little one has only found success in Madden playing Lamar Jackson as he can take off running with him on offense so he has started to talking about the Ravens.

Tyler Hall in 7 games, 3 starts:

- 86.9 PFF Grade (86.3 Cover Grade)

- 3 pressures, 1 sacks, 2 QB Hits

- 20 tackles, 2 TFL

- 4 PBU

- 9 receptions on 18 targetrs

- 43 yards allowed

- 56.3 QBR allowed

25 years old, 5-11/190.

FA QBs aside, how y’all feeling about Will Levis?
Considering that I had to google him….not great. Especially not in the 1st
Yup.
Not good. I see a lot of Josh Allen comparisons and I watched several Kentucky games this year and I don't see it at all.
It's a fine line between Josh Allen and Jay Cutler (or, God forbid, Zach Wilson).

They probably won't keep Carr (we thought the same about Garoppolo last year) so I hope they sign Garoppolo, keep Stidham, and they go draft a big ugly in the middle of the d-line.

I don't have a feel for the top of the board yet. Any chance that big body from Georgia is available at 1.7 or would the Raiders have to trade up to get him?

Considering that I had to google him….not great. Especially not in the 1st
Yup.
Not good. I see a lot of Josh Allen comparisons and I watched several Kentucky games this year and I don't see it at all.
It's a fine line between Josh Allen and Jay Cutler (or, God forbid, Zach Wilson).

They probably won't keep Carr (we thought the same about Garoppolo last year) so I hope they sign Garoppolo, keep Stidham, and they go draft a big ugly in the middle of the d-line.
Carr released a really nice statement saying goodbye and thanking everyone.

I don't have a feel for the top of the board yet. Any chance that big body from Georgia is available at 1.7 or would the Raiders have to trade up to get him?
I haven’t either, but I’m getting the sense from what I’ve been watching and reading is that next year looks like a better draft for QBs. I will say I hope they avoid Stroud out of THEE Ohio St.

Users who are viewing this thread