What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Las Vegas Raiders - RIP Jack - one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever (1 Viewer)

It's stunning how late Tyree Wilson is to react to the snap on every single play. One play I was tabbing back and forth and just as I tabbed back the ball was snapped and he was just ever-so-slightly late and I got a little excited and was like "oh, that was better, he almost went with everyone else". Then I saw the number 51 on the jersey =/
I've been pretty critical of Tyree so far, and he's mostly earned it, but I did notice something interesting last night. He's not often late off the snap when he's lined up inside and I even noticed a couple from the left end side where he's mostly on time too. Could he have some kind of eyesight/hearing/other sensory issue? His play from the RE is downright atrocious, everyone else is up and out of their stance before he's reacting, but the other alignments seem a lot better? I don't get to watch many Raider games these days so it's not something I've spent much time on, but if anyone has NFL Pass or any all-22 or even games saved on DVR this might be something interesting to look for.
I didn’t notice his plays when inside. But left end seems hit or miss. Always a little slow. Sometimes he counts 2 Mississippis
the silver lining is , he`ll never get flagged for encroachment :P

we can find draft success anywhere, just have to get the pick right.

This. 💯

Just look at the Ravens last 20 years as firm evidence.
I follow the Ravens. They are usually picking in the back half of the 1st round. The last 1st round bust I can recall is Matt Elam 11 years ago. But it's more than that. They also draft well in later rounds. And here's the most important thing: they are as good as any organization at developing players they draft. They have a lot of attrition each year because they just can't afford to re-sign all of their players. It's life in the big city. Get good players, coach them up, re-sign who you can, and replace those you can't.

This. 💯

I follow the Ravens. They are usually picking in the back half of the 1st round. The last 1st round bust I can recall is Matt Elam 11 years ago. But it's more than that. They also draft well in later rounds. And here's the most important thing: they are as good as any organization at developing players they draft. They have a lot of attrition each year because they just can't afford to re-sign all of their players. It's life in the big city. Get good players, coach them up, re-sign who you can, and replace those you can't.
They’ve created an identity through years of stability, consistency and winning. Things the Raiders have been searching for, for over 20 years now.

This. 💯

They’ve created an identity through years of stability, consistency and winning. Things the Raiders have been searching for, for over 20 years now.
If we continue ''breaking down and starting over '' every year or other year we`ll never reap the rewards of stability.

IMO we have a great starting point to work with having AP and Champ and an ever impressing Defense headed by Pat Graham . Stop looking for the next HC , we have one now. The players want to play for these guys , thats more important than having some well known rehashed HC and crew coming in and wiping the board clean ...again.

I only bring this up because i see and hear some Raiders fans and or football ''experts'' talking about the next HC of the Raiders and bringing up many names . I would be interested in a new OC however.

This. 💯

If we continue ''breaking down and starting over '' every year or other year we`ll never reap the rewards of stability.

IMO we have a great starting point to work with having AP and Champ and an ever impressing Defense headed by Pat Graham . Stop looking for the next HC , we have one now. The players want to play for these guys , thats more important than having some well known rehashed HC and crew coming in and wiping the board clean ...again.

I only bring this up because i see and hear some Raiders fans and or football ''experts'' talking about the next HC of the Raiders and bringing up many names . I would be interested in a new OC however.
💯 If Davis continues to hire egomaniacal HCs like Harbaugh who want control of everything, they will be wiping the slate clean again. Retain AP, Graham and Champ and see where they can take this organization. I don’t care how much the Chargers quit on Staley, it’s still very rare to score 63 pts and just destroy a team like the Raiders did. Not enough credit is being given to AP and too much piling on of Staley.

This. 💯

💯 If Davis continues to hire egomaniacal HCs like Harbaugh who want control of everything, they will be wiping the slate clean again. Retain AP, Graham and Champ and see where they can take this organization. I don’t care how much the Chargers quit on Staley, it’s still very rare to score 63 pts and just destroy a team like the Raiders did. Not enough credit is being given to AP and too much piling on of Staley.
From what i heard the Team was so embarrassed from getting shutout at home the week before that they went balls to the wall vs the Chargers .... thats called heart and this team has it

Raiders added a human wall to the defensive line .

379 lb Defensive tackle Marquan McCall ,formally from the Panthers .

24 yo is a MASSIVE space eating NT with good feet and heavy hands . Had 15 tackles and 2 for losses last season as a rookie .

24 yo is a MASSIVE space eating NT with good feet and heavy hands . Had 15 tackles and 2 for losses last season as a rookie .
That is a big boy.

He failed physical with the Pats earlier this year but apparently is healthy now.

That is a big boy.

He failed physical with the Pats earlier this year but apparently is healthy now.
Do you know why he failed?

That is a big boy.

He didn't study?

That is a big boy.

BOSTON -- Marquan McCall's run with the New England Patriots is over after just one day. The second-year defensive tackle failed his physical with the Patriots, according to Jordan Schultz. According to the report, McCall had a knee issue show up during his physical. Aug 23, 2023

The 6-foot-3, 379-pound defensive tackle was not affected by what’s been referred to as a “preexisting” knee injury during his time in Carolina. McCall joined the Panthers as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Kentucky in 2022.

That is a big boy.

Couldn’t fit through the door

Just some news and notes

Star QB With Ties to Antonio Pierce Declares for 2024 Draft

Raiders Coach Explains Big Change Made Before Historic Blowout​

From the school of thought that dictates that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it comes offensive coordinator Bo Hardegree, who was the central figure in some Raiders news last week. He was calling the plays, after all, when the Raiders muffed and bungled their way to a 3-0 loss to Minnesota in Week 14, and was calling the plays again in Week 15 when the Raiders came out and throttled the Chargers with a record-setting 63-21 victory.

There was one difference in the game for Hardegree, besides scoring 21 times the points, and it is a difference that can be big for some coordinators: Hardegree called the game from up in the press box-level booth, rather than from down on the field, where he had been operating since getting the job on an interim basis after the Halloween firing of coach Josh McDaniels.

The change worked out pretty nicely for Hardegree and the Raiders. He’ll be back in the box against the Chiefs in Week 16.

Just some news and notes

From the school of thought that dictates that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it comes offensive coordinator Bo Hardegree, who was the central figure in some Raiders news last week. He was calling the plays, after all, when the Raiders muffed and bungled their way to a 3-0 loss to Minnesota in Week 14, and was calling the plays again in Week 15 when the Raiders came out and throttled the Chargers with a record-setting 63-21 victory.

There was one difference in the game for Hardegree, besides scoring 21 times the points, and it is a difference that can be big for some coordinators: Hardegree called the game from up in the press box-level booth, rather than from down on the field, where he had been operating since getting the job on an interim basis after the Halloween firing of coach Josh McDaniels.

The change worked out pretty nicely for Hardegree and the Raiders. He’ll be back in the box against the Chiefs in Week 16.
70 points incoming!!

Was anyone else surprised to see Marvin Lewis in a suite wearing a Raiders hoodie? Apparently Tom Coughlin was there also. Word is, they are mentoring AP and helping advise with game management situations among other things. Thought it was very interesting how quiet this has been in the media. Good for AP, shows a man whose ego is in check and knows where he needs to grow and learn as a HC.

Just some news and notes

21 x 0 = 0 oof, this writer really must be a Raider at heart cause he no math well :no:

Apparently Harbaugh has been talking to the Dolts and is considered the leading candidate.
After years of trying to find the right fit for the Raiders i believe they finally have , AP checks all the boxes for what Raider football used to be , he is instilling that same swagger that made them so formidable in the 60`s ,70`s and 80`s. Let those rehashes go elsewhere.

Was anyone else surprised to see Marvin Lewis in a suite wearing a Raiders hoodie? Apparently Tom Coughlin was there also. Word is, they are mentoring AP and helping advise with game management situations among other things. Thought it was very interesting how quiet this has been in the media. Good for AP, shows a man whose ego is in check and knows where he needs to grow and learn as a HC.
Apparently when Davis found out who Ziegler’s mentors were he was not happy

Wasn't his entire career with the Pats and I think following McD to the Donkeys? Who were his mentors?

Wasn't his entire career with the Pats and I think following McD to the Donkeys? Who were his mentors?
I was thinking the same thing. Was hoping someone here knew some more about this.

Trying to remember where i got this from.

I want to see how the rest of the season goes but from what I have seen....

Keep Champ, keep AP and most of the staff. I think Bo should get a good shake at OC. Bring in a few more coaches to fill in at least LB and QB coaches.

Champ is/was well respected in the NFL. He likely would have got the GM role if not for the McD/Ziegler package. Getting him at the Assistant GM was a coup for us. We don't know a ton of what Champ had for talent eval on the players we have selected in the draft or signed via FA but it sounded like on more than a couple of the busts, what we have heard was that they were more of McD than even Ziegler. With not having that undue influence, I would like to see what Champ does and hopeful it would be even better than what we have got out of the front office in recent years.

AP is a similar type of HC as Bisaccia though in different styles. Both are very much "players coaches". Their strength isn't X's and O's of the game (which really, for a HC, it doesn't need to be, that is the job of the OC and DC) both were raw in terms of game management because this is their first time in the role. But what they do is get the players to play hard. You hear the 'they are professionals, they should play hard anyway' but the reality is that they are people. In my view, the most important skillset for a HC is pure leadership. Teams of people respond or don't respond to leadership. The biggest failing in McD is that he is not a leader. He has learned a very dominant, critical and demanding style of leadership from Belicheat. As much as I don't like Belicheat and think he is tragically over rated due to Brady's success, even with him being basically an jerk, his players respect him and rally around him. McD didn't. But AP does. He connects with the players and the locker room. He also isn't trying to import a foreign culture to the Raider organization like McD did, essentially trying to make the Raiders the Patriots in the West but AP grew up a Raider fan in the Bay Area. He knows, understands and embraces the Raider legacy of having that swagger with the toughness and passion to back it up. This Raider team has regained that under him. I also love that he is self aware and humble enough to know he isn't a finished product and has gone out and asked for coaches he had relationships with as a player to mentor him- a SB winning HC and a SB winning DC with some decent success as a HC and it is all public. Not hidden because he is embarrassed acting like he knows everything but actively trying to get better. That is what real leaders do.

Graham has won the job. It would be a travesty for us to move on from him if for some reason we decided AP wasn't the HC. After a few years, it looks like he really has this team understanding his system. I posted it before, since AP took over, we have the 3rd best defense in the league. We have to go back to the early 2000's before have had a defense anywhere near as good.

At this point, I have no particular coach that I think we need to move on from.

The most likely target for people wanting a change is Bo. I would understand that but at the same time, let's look at the situation Bo is in. He took over an offense that was absolutely in shambles and ineffective placed in by the previous HC and OC. He took over mid season and while trying to turn a pile of poo into something that moved the ball, also had to go through the learning curve of being an OC for the first time while still holding down the QB coaching duties as well. I wouldn't pound the table for Bo but I wouldn't pound it against him either. I really want to see how the offense performs over these last three games to ge a leaning on him either way.

I believe, at this point, Davis will stick with Champ and AP. Bo is up in the air for sure. It likely will have a lot to do with what AP wants as well as how they perform. I think Davis is kicking himself for hiring McD instead of keeping Bisaccia. Apparently several of the star players have already voiced their support for AP. I don't think that Davis will go against them again. The most likely candidate that I think he would eject AP for is Harbaugh and apparently Harbaugh is in deep talks with the Dolts which tells me he hasn't got the feelers out from the Raiders.

Keep Champ, keep AP and most of the staff. I think Bo should get a good shake at OC. Bring in a few more coaches to fill in at least LB and QB coaches.

Champ is/was well respected in the NFL. He likely would have got the GM role if not for the McD/Ziegler package. Getting him at the Assistant GM was a coup for us. We don't know a ton of what Champ had for talent eval on the players we have selected in the draft or signed via FA but it sounded like on more than a couple of the busts, what we have heard was that they were more of McD than even Ziegler. With not having that undue influence, I would like to see what Champ does and hopeful it would be even better than what we have got out of the front office in recent years.

AP is a similar type of HC as Bisaccia though in different styles. Both are very much "players coaches". Their strength isn't X's and O's of the game (which really, for a HC, it doesn't need to be, that is the job of the OC and DC) both were raw in terms of game management because this is their first time in the role. But what they do is get the players to play hard. You hear the 'they are professionals, they should play hard anyway' but the reality is that they are people. In my view, the most important skillset for a HC is pure leadership. Teams of people respond or don't respond to leadership. The biggest failing in McD is that he is not a leader. He has learned a very dominant, critical and demanding style of leadership from Belicheat. As much as I don't like Belicheat and think he is tragically over rated due to Brady's success, even with him being basically an jerk, his players respect him and rally around him. McD didn't. But AP does. He connects with the players and the locker room. He also isn't trying to import a foreign culture to the Raider organization like McD did, essentially trying to make the Raiders the Patriots in the West but AP grew up a Raider fan in the Bay Area. He knows, understands and embraces the Raider legacy of having that swagger with the toughness and passion to back it up. This Raider team has regained that under him. I also love that he is self aware and humble enough to know he isn't a finished product and has gone out and asked for coaches he had relationships with as a player to mentor him- a SB winning HC and a SB winning DC with some decent success as a HC and it is all public. Not hidden because he is embarrassed acting like he knows everything but actively trying to get better. That is what real leaders do.

Graham has won the job. It would be a travesty for us to move on from him if for some reason we decided AP wasn't the HC. After a few years, it looks like he really has this team understanding his system. I posted it before, since AP took over, we have the 3rd best defense in the league. We have to go back to the early 2000's before have had a defense anywhere near as good.

The most likely target for people wanting a change is Bo. I would understand that but at the same time, let's look at the situation Bo is in. He took over an offense that was absolutely in shambles and ineffective placed in by the previous HC and OC. He took over mid season and while trying to turn a pile of poo into something that moved the ball, also had to go through the learning curve of being an OC for the first time while still holding down the QB coaching duties as well. I wouldn't pound the table for Bo but I wouldn't pound it against him either. I really want to see how the offense performs over these last three games to ge a leaning on him either way.

I believe, at this point, Davis will stick with Champ and AP. Bo is up in the air for sure. It likely will have a lot to do with what AP wants as well as how they perform. I think Davis is kicking himself for hiring McD instead of keeping Bisaccia. Apparently several of the star players have already voiced their support for AP. I don't think that Davis will go against them again. The most likely candidate that I think he would eject AP for is Harbaugh and apparently Harbaugh is in deep talks with the Dolts which tells me he hasn't got the feelers out from the Raiders.
my jury is still out. i still remember that Viking game. after the bye. 🤮 the next 3 games will tell us a lot. AP and Bo are coaching for their jobs. Everyone thought Dan cambell was under qualified. Maybe just maybe AP can get this really going in the right direction like the lions(can’t believe I just typed that)

and AP grew up in my hood. SoCal baby!

my jury is still out. i still remember that Viking game. after the bye. 🤮 the next 3 games will tell us a lot. AP and Bo are coaching for their jobs. Everyone thought Dan cambell was under qualified. Maybe just maybe AP can get this really going in the right direction like the lions(can’t believe I just typed that)

and AP grew up in my hood. SoCal baby!
Dan Campbell is a great example of the HC being a leader and not exactly a strategic mastermind. I actually believe the reason why so many OC's and DC's who are great at being OC's and DC's fail at being a HC is there are different skillsets needed for each role. I believe, above all, pure leadership is the most important part of the HC skillset. After that, the ability to gain, retain and empower the right people with the skillsets you do not have to flourish in their roles. I hate to use the word 'manage' for this but for a lack of a better term, I will go with that.

Dolts cut a captain DT, I hope we go get him.
That’s a weird cut. He’s been on and off my idp roster so I know who Sebastian day is. He’s a solid middle of the road DL with flashes of really good. Weird.
Best top two guesses....

1. Some sort of locker room issue but that is a little odd considering that he is a captain.
2. They know they won't keep him next year because they are over the cap, cut him now and hope that helps to push their draft position up.

Users who are viewing this thread