What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Las Vegas Raiders - RIP Jack - one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever (4 Viewers)

I want to see how the rest of the season goes but from what I have seen....

Keep Champ, keep AP and most of the staff. I think Bo should get a good shake at OC. Bring in a few more coaches to fill in at least LB and QB coaches.

Champ is/was well respected in the NFL. He likely would have got the GM role if not for the McD/Ziegler package. Getting him at the Assistant GM was a coup for us. We don't know a ton of what Champ had for talent eval on the players we have selected in the draft or signed via FA but it sounded like on more than a couple of the busts, what we have heard was that they were more of McD than even Ziegler. With not having that undue influence, I would like to see what Champ does and hopeful it would be even better than what we have got out of the front office in recent years.

AP is a similar type of HC as Bisaccia though in different styles. Both are very much "players coaches". Their strength isn't X's and O's of the game (which really, for a HC, it doesn't need to be, that is the job of the OC and DC) both were raw in terms of game management because this is their first time in the role. But what they do is get the players to play hard. You hear the 'they are professionals, they should play hard anyway' but the reality is that they are people. In my view, the most important skillset for a HC is pure leadership. Teams of people respond or don't respond to leadership. The biggest failing in McD is that he is not a leader. He has learned a very dominant, critical and demanding style of leadership from Belicheat. As much as I don't like Belicheat and think he is tragically over rated due to Brady's success, even with him being basically an jerk, his players respect him and rally around him. McD didn't. But AP does. He connects with the players and the locker room. He also isn't trying to import a foreign culture to the Raider organization like McD did, essentially trying to make the Raiders the Patriots in the West but AP grew up a Raider fan in the Bay Area. He knows, understands and embraces the Raider legacy of having that swagger with the toughness and passion to back it up. This Raider team has regained that under him. I also love that he is self aware and humble enough to know he isn't a finished product and has gone out and asked for coaches he had relationships with as a player to mentor him- a SB winning HC and a SB winning DC with some decent success as a HC and it is all public. Not hidden because he is embarrassed acting like he knows everything but actively trying to get better. That is what real leaders do.

Graham has won the job. It would be a travesty for us to move on from him if for some reason we decided AP wasn't the HC. After a few years, it looks like he really has this team understanding his system. I posted it before, since AP took over, we have the 3rd best defense in the league. We have to go back to the early 2000's before have had a defense anywhere near as good.

At this point, I have no particular coach that I think we need to move on from.

The most likely target for people wanting a change is Bo. I would understand that but at the same time, let's look at the situation Bo is in. He took over an offense that was absolutely in shambles and ineffective placed in by the previous HC and OC. He took over mid season and while trying to turn a pile of poo into something that moved the ball, also had to go through the learning curve of being an OC for the first time while still holding down the QB coaching duties as well. I wouldn't pound the table for Bo but I wouldn't pound it against him either. I really want to see how the offense performs over these last three games to ge a leaning on him either way.

I believe, at this point, Davis will stick with Champ and AP. Bo is up in the air for sure. It likely will have a lot to do with what AP wants as well as how they perform. I think Davis is kicking himself for hiring McD instead of keeping Bisaccia. Apparently several of the star players have already voiced their support for AP. I don't think that Davis will go against them again. The most likely candidate that I think he would eject AP for is Harbaugh and apparently Harbaugh is in deep talks with the Dolts which tells me he hasn't got the feelers out from the Raiders.
I agree with everything you stated , ive been saying the same thing just in a far more condensed way lol

I just love the swagger this group plays with , its fun to watch the Raiders again. Even when they got shut out recently i wrote it off as a hiccup and lets see how they respond , well we saw how they responded and it exceeded all expectations, nobody saw that coming.

The press asked AP what he wanted for Christmas and he said ''A win'' ,which shows me he will have these guys ready to come out blasting . Meanwhile Mahomes is crying about playing on Christmas day . I see a reckoning coming on Christmas , payback is a you know what.

I want to see how the rest of the season goes but from what I have seen....

Keep Champ, keep AP and most of the staff. I think Bo should get a good shake at OC. Bring in a few more coaches to fill in at least LB and QB coaches.

Champ is/was well respected in the NFL. He likely would have got the GM role if not for the McD/Ziegler package. Getting him at the Assistant GM was a coup for us. We don't know a ton of what Champ had for talent eval on the players we have selected in the draft or signed via FA but it sounded like on more than a couple of the busts, what we have heard was that they were more of McD than even Ziegler. With not having that undue influence, I would like to see what Champ does and hopeful it would be even better than what we have got out of the front office in recent years.

AP is a similar type of HC as Bisaccia though in different styles. Both are very much "players coaches". Their strength isn't X's and O's of the game (which really, for a HC, it doesn't need to be, that is the job of the OC and DC) both were raw in terms of game management because this is their first time in the role. But what they do is get the players to play hard. You hear the 'they are professionals, they should play hard anyway' but the reality is that they are people. In my view, the most important skillset for a HC is pure leadership. Teams of people respond or don't respond to leadership. The biggest failing in McD is that he is not a leader. He has learned a very dominant, critical and demanding style of leadership from Belicheat. As much as I don't like Belicheat and think he is tragically over rated due to Brady's success, even with him being basically an jerk, his players respect him and rally around him. McD didn't. But AP does. He connects with the players and the locker room. He also isn't trying to import a foreign culture to the Raider organization like McD did, essentially trying to make the Raiders the Patriots in the West but AP grew up a Raider fan in the Bay Area. He knows, understands and embraces the Raider legacy of having that swagger with the toughness and passion to back it up. This Raider team has regained that under him. I also love that he is self aware and humble enough to know he isn't a finished product and has gone out and asked for coaches he had relationships with as a player to mentor him- a SB winning HC and a SB winning DC with some decent success as a HC and it is all public. Not hidden because he is embarrassed acting like he knows everything but actively trying to get better. That is what real leaders do.

Graham has won the job. It would be a travesty for us to move on from him if for some reason we decided AP wasn't the HC. After a few years, it looks like he really has this team understanding his system. I posted it before, since AP took over, we have the 3rd best defense in the league. We have to go back to the early 2000's before have had a defense anywhere near as good.

At this point, I have no particular coach that I think we need to move on from.

The most likely target for people wanting a change is Bo. I would understand that but at the same time, let's look at the situation Bo is in. He took over an offense that was absolutely in shambles and ineffective placed in by the previous HC and OC. He took over mid season and while trying to turn a pile of poo into something that moved the ball, also had to go through the learning curve of being an OC for the first time while still holding down the QB coaching duties as well. I wouldn't pound the table for Bo but I wouldn't pound it against him either. I really want to see how the offense performs over these last three games to ge a leaning on him either way.

I believe, at this point, Davis will stick with Champ and AP. Bo is up in the air for sure. It likely will have a lot to do with what AP wants as well as how they perform. I think Davis is kicking himself for hiring McD instead of keeping Bisaccia. Apparently several of the star players have already voiced their support for AP. I don't think that Davis will go against them again. The most likely candidate that I think he would eject AP for is Harbaugh and apparently Harbaugh is in deep talks with the Dolts which tells me he hasn't got the feelers out from the Raiders.
I agree with everything you stated , ive been saying the same thing just in a far more condensed way lol

I just love the swagger this group plays with , its fun to watch the Raiders again. Even when they got shut out recently i wrote it off as a hiccup and lets see how they respond , well we saw how they responded and it exceeded all expectations, nobody saw that coming.

The press asked AP what he wanted for Christmas and he said ''A win'' ,which shows me he will have these guys ready to come out blasting . Meanwhile Mahomes is crying about playing on Christmas day . I see a reckoning coming on Christmas , payback is a you know what.
I am not sure "my cousin says we are trading a 5th round pick for Jalen Carter tomorrow" is exactly what I was saying.

;):D:suds:

Dolts cut a captain DT, I hope we go get him.
That’s a weird cut. He’s been on and off my idp roster so I know who Sebastian day is. He’s a solid middle of the road DL with flashes of really good. Weird.
Best top two guesses....

1. Some sort of locker room issue but that is a little odd considering that he is a captain.
2. They know they won't keep him next year because they are over the cap, cut him now and hope that helps to push their draft position up.
New leadership cleaning house?

That’s a weird cut. He’s been on and off my idp roster so I know who Sebastian day is. He’s a solid middle of the road DL with flashes of really good. Weird.
Best top two guesses....

1. Some sort of locker room issue but that is a little odd considering that he is a captain.
2. They know they won't keep him next year because they are over the cap, cut him now and hope that helps to push their draft position up.
Isnt that the normal MO ?

Best top two guesses....

Yea….still odd to cut a captain. Mid season for no apparent reason.

Best top two guesses....

Yea….still odd to cut a captain. Mid season for no apparent reason.
The Captain Had to have challenged someone's authority and pissed someone off

21 x 0 = 0 oof, this writer really must be a Raider at heart cause he no math well :no:
63 is indeed 21 times the prior week's score of 3 however.
yes, but not what he wrote in the article.

All i want for xmas is a raider win so I don’t have to hear my brother in law fn sing oohhhh waaahhhh oooohhhh, waaaahhhh ooohhhh all xmas day
Does ur brother IL have any skin in the game ? Who does HE root for ?

21 x 0 = 0 oof, this writer really must be a Raider at heart cause he no math well :no:

All i want for xmas is a raider win so I don’t have to hear my brother in law fn sing oohhhh waaahhhh oooohhhh, waaaahhhh ooohhhh all xmas day
How have you not punched him in the mouth?
My daughter’s boyfriend is a donkey fan. I talk **** whenever possible. And revert to will lutz when necessary

Not a big fan of the game on Christmas this year. Sometimes, especially when you have older kids, we travel on Christmas Day. It’s nice because I have no responsibilities this year other than gracing everyone with my presence (and presents). But that means I won’t be able to watch the game. I will have the car radio but it’s just not the same.

My daughter’s boyfriend is a donkey fan. I talk **** whenever possible. And revert to will lutz when necessary
Wait a minute.... you allow your daughter to date a Donkey fan? I have some questions about your parenting style.

(Please everyone forget that my son was a Chef fan up until Hill was traded, that is not relevant here)
We’ve been over this…we don’t “allow” the women in our lives to do anything. They do whatever they want. And if you do attempt to control what they do…..may god have mercy on your soul. Follow me for more life tips

Wait a minute.... you allow your daughter to date a Donkey fan? I have some questions about your parenting style.

(Please everyone forget that my son was a Chef fan up until Hill was traded, that is not relevant here)
We’ve been over this…we don’t “allow” the women in our lives to do anything. They do whatever they want. And if you do attempt to control what they do…..may god have mercy on your soul. Follow me for more life tips
Ok, Donkey lover maker.

Ok, Donkey lover maker.
Seems mean. At least she represents. Unlike your offspring.

And let me know how it goes, telling the ladies in your life what to do. 😂😂

Not a big fan of the game on Christmas this year. Sometimes, especially when you have older kids, we travel on Christmas Day. It’s nice because I have no responsibilities this year other than gracing everyone with my presence (and presents). But that means I won’t be able to watch the game. I will have the car radio but it’s just not the same.
No tv in the house you`re going to?

Diana Russini list of coaching candidates. I have no thoughts on these names, except Harbaugh would be a disaster.

The Hot Names You Know:

Jim Harbaugh, University of Michigan head coach

Lou Anarumo, Bengals defensive coordinator

Raheem Morris, Rams defensive coordinator

Dan Quinn, Cowboys defensive coordinator

The Names You May Not Know:

Frank Smith, Dolphins offensive coordinator

Mike Macdonald, Ravens defensive coordinator

Bobby Slowik, Texans offensive coordinator

Aaron Glenn, Lions defensive coordinator

Diana Russini list of coaching candidates. I have no thoughts on these names, except Harbaugh would be a disaster.

The Hot Names You Know:

Stick with AP

The Hot Names You Know:

Stick with AP
I have been trying not to form an opinion until after the season but AP remains at the top of the list. The OC is the one thing that may need to change. The O needs creativity.

The Hot Names You Know:

Stick with AP
I have been trying not to form an opinion until after the season but AP remains at the top of the list. The OC is the one thing that may need to change. The O needs creativity.
How do OC`s get their experience to become NFL OC`s ? At some point they have to .figure it out . Oc`s arent born , they are created . I`m not saying he should stay on , im merely inquiring

No tv in the house you`re going to?
The game will probably be over by the time we get there

The Hot Names You Know:

Stick with AP
How do OC`s get their experience to become NFL OC`s ? At some point they have to .figure it out . Oc`s arent born , they are created . I`m not saying he should stay on , im merely inquiring
Fair point. I guess it is something that really needs figured out early this offseason.

The Hot Names You Know:

No Ben Johnson on the list?

I'd say no to Harbaugh, Morris and Quinn. Don't have strong feelings on the rest.

The Hot Names You Know:

Stick with AP
It is hard to judge Bo. You can't just reshape an offense as the season goes... I mean, you can change it but it is more about adjustments and then installing some new things than you can just be "here is my offense we are running" so the thing running really against him is that this is his first crack at being an OC and his previous experience isn't as deep as most OC candidates would be.

At this point, I think as long as the team looks like they are fighting, even if they lose the next three games, AP will get the job. I think the only way that AP gets passed on is if the team just gives up. I don't see that happening. I am very confident now that AP will be back. I am almost 100% Champ will be back. I am 50/50 on Bo.

he’s a chiefs fan, been one for life

How have you not punched him in the mouth?
black belt marine, he may be shorter and an annoying chiefs fan but i’m not a dumb ***’

Oh man....thats tough lol

I think the Raiders win this game , the Chiefs are kind of wobbling right now , dont look that confident and the Raiders really want this , payback for letting the last game slip their grasp .

Mahomes crying about playing on Xmas day and AP pumped up all week for a win , we know whos going in firing on all cylinders

Oh man....thats tough lol

I think the Raiders win this game , the Chiefs are kind of wobbling right now , dont look that confident and the Raiders really want this , payback for letting the last game slip their grasp .

Mahomes crying about playing on Xmas day and AP pumped up all week for a win , we know whos going in firing on all cylinders
i’ve already put some on the money line for us

All i want for Christmas is a 24 point win
From the team that lives in the city of Sin

I wanna see Mahomes crying
about all the refs lying
even tho we all know hes not even trying

He`s all upset that he has to play
because he knows its Jesus's birthday today

So lets send in MADD MAXX to eat
He`ll make Mahomes feel the heat
and know what its like to be beat

I would love to see Mahomes have another mental break down on live TV after losing and trying to convince everyone that the refs throwing a flag correctly is just a travesty. That would make my Christmas complete.

I would love to see Mahomes have another mental break down on live TV after losing and trying to convince everyone that the refs throwing a flag correctly is just a travesty. That would make my Christmas complete.
AP has the team playing hard but the lack of talent is hurting the team. LV could be up by at least another TD right now with even an average QB.

Users who are viewing this thread