What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 New York Giants Thread (3 Viewers)

Is this expensive D rounding into form?  Sacks and INTs have risen the last 3 games.  However, 2 of those games were against rookie QBs.

Is this expensive D rounding into form?  Sacks and INTs have risen the last 3 games.  However, 2 of those games were against rookie QBs.
The defense is coming around but know that they will give up yards in the passing game to TE’s and RB’s. They have a rookie free agent Andrew Adams starting now (he was on the practice squad not too long ago) because 3rd round rookie FS is on IR. Also the LB’s aren’t great.

Yes they have looked good against some bad QB’s but their next two games are home against the Bears and at Cleveland so they aren’t going to see a great QB for the next couple of weeks either.

[SIZE=10pt]Well the Giants did what they were supposed to do and won games against teams that they are clearly better than (Chicago & Cleveland). They were not impressive in doing so but a win is a win and now they sit at 8-3.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Now the games get really difficult and the Giants will be tested. I figure they need to win 2 of the last 5 to grab a playoff spot. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I’m cautiously optimistic that the Giants can play well enough to end the playoff [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]drought[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
They are pretty good on the defensive side of the ball and disappointing on the offensive side of the ball.

I still have no idea what to expect out of this team each week. Every week has been a competitive game no matter how good or bad the opponent is. We have seen before that all we have to do is get into the playoffs and we have a chance.  There is enough on this team both offensively and defensively to make some significant noise in the playoffs. I am pleasantly surprised with what I have seen so far. 

Giants are a top 3-5 defense more than capable of winning a SB. The offense sucks and a lot of that has to do with Eli Manning who is a disaster right now...he looks like a rookie. If they get Pugh and Vereen back and Eli figures out how to play QB ... SB is not out of the question.

Just noticed the Lions dropped a healthy Pettigrew ... Why not take a chance? He's supposed to be a very good blocking TE something they don't have now and he is probably a more talented receiver than any TE on their roster; he had 83 catches for 777 yards in 2011. Plus you have Detroit up next and I believe a win would gaurentee a playoff spot.

Giants should also consider moving Flowers to RT or Guard now. He was horrifying last night but I actually think he would be awesome at Guard, not sure he would be any better at RT but it can't get any worse then last night.

[SIZE=9pt]While I certainly don’t expect this to happen this week it sure is nice to see it as a possibility [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]New York can clinch a playoff berth with:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]1) NYG win + WAS loss + MIN loss or tie + GB loss or tie[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]

Another win baby!

The offensive line looked better today as did the run game.

The defense was outstanding as is becoming the norm. I hope that Jackrabbit will be ok 

[SIZE=10pt]WOW it’s really quiet in this thread[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]G-Men make the playoffs for the 1st time in 5 years[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Great season they won 11 games and the defense is playing lights out. Hope the offense shows some life in the playoffs [/SIZE]

There is one team in the entire league that I did not want to face...The Packers. I expect a blowout. Hope I am wrong.

Giants had 6 players earn All Pro honors

Snacks & Landon Collins both made 1st team

OV, Jackrabbit, DRC & OBJ made 2nd team

Giants had 6 players earn All Pro honors

Snacks & Landon Collins both made 1st team

OV, Jackrabbit, DRC & OBJ made 2nd team
5 all pros on D.  After watching last year , never would have thought that this would happen.  And they are relatively young.  Excited to see Odell in a playoff game.   Let's go!

Hi Giants fans. Congratulations on a good season. Thank you for knocking the Skins out of the playoffs even if you weren't trying to win the game. You guys have a very dangerous team with a lot more talent then a lot of people realise or talk about. Landon Collins might be the best safety in the league, JPP, Verner, Odell, Snacks and Hankins are all studs. I'm not very high on your offense sans Odell. You guys get a RB and TE and you'll be golden.

Anyway, I'm hoping you beat Greenbay so you can play Dallas. If my boys are going to advance, I'd rather have another shot against the G men in the unlikely event the Cowboys win the SB. 

I wish I could say I hate the Giants but I don't. Good luck! 

@Yenrub, I love your enthusiasm.  I am the eternal pessimist when it comes to my beloved Football Giants.  It is tough to look past the fact that during Green Bay's current winning streak that they have easily beaten two teams that were ranked as top 5 defenses, and beat them pretty good,  AR is in the zone right now, and as much as I want to believe the Giants will be able to somewhat hold that offense in check, I can't.  I know their defense has improved since week 5. Although, what still remains as their Achilles heel is that damn offensive line.  I just read that Newhouse will be occupying the other Tackle spot for the game...that does not give me anymore confidence.  If we can't get a formidable run game going, and remain one dimensional, it will be tough sledding for Eli and our WR with 6 DB's defending against the pass.

One thing is for sure, your posts do give me a glimmer of hope.

@Yenrub, I love your enthusiasm.  I am the eternal pessimist when it comes to my beloved Football Giants.  It is tough to look past the fact that during Green Bay's current winning streak that they have easily beaten two teams that were ranked as top 5 defenses, and beat them pretty good,  AR is in the zone right now, and as much as I want to believe the Giants will be able to somewhat hold that offense in check, I can't.  I know their defense has improved since week 5. Although, what still remains as their Achilles heel is that damn offensive line.  I just read that Newhouse will be occupying the other Tackle spot for the game...that does not give me anymore confidence.  If we can't get a formidable run game going, and remain one dimensional, it will be tough sledding for Eli and our WR with 6 DB's defending against the pass.

One thing is for sure, your posts do give me a glimmer of hope.
[SIZE=10pt]Well I think that the Packers are a really good team so I expect a dog fight[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I have read that Newhouse is going to start as well but I wouldn’t worry too much about that since he started last week against Washington and that was one of the best running games we have had all season.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I agree that the outcome of the game will likely be decided by how well the Giants offense plays. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Look if Eli is throwing interceptions and giving the Packers short fields the Giants have no shot tomorrow night, that being said I don’t think that they need Eli to throw for 300 and 3 TD’s either to beat the Packers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The last meeting back in week 5 the Packers ran a bunch of 2 high safety and dared the Giants to run the ball. Unfortunately the Giants couldn’t take advantage of that look partly because the Packers are very good against the run and partly because the Giants run game sucks. The run game has improved since then and has gotten up to respectable the last few weeks. Is respectable going to be enough bring those safeties down? Can Perkins be more than respectable? If the running game gets going will Eli be able to play off that and take advantage?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Bottom line I’m not worried about the defense despite how good Rodgers is, I’m worried about the offense. If they show up the Giants win [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Well I think that the Packers are a really good team so I expect a dog fight[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I have read that Newhouse is going to start as well but I wouldn’t worry too much about that since he started last week against Washington and that was one of the best running games we have had all season.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I agree that the outcome of the game will likely be decided by how well the Giants offense plays. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Look if Eli is throwing interceptions and giving the Packers short fields the Giants have no shot tomorrow night, that being said I don’t think that they need Eli to throw for 300 and 3 TD’s either to beat the Packers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The last meeting back in week 5 the Packers ran a bunch of 2 high safety and dared the Giants to run the ball. Unfortunately the Giants couldn’t take advantage of that look partly because the Packers are very good against the run and partly because the Giants run game sucks. The run game has improved since then and has gotten up to respectable the last few weeks. Is respectable going to be enough bring those safeties down? Can Perkins be more than respectable? If the running game gets going will Eli be able to play off that and take advantage?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Bottom line I’m not worried about the defense despite how good Rodgers is, I’m worried about the offense. If they show up the Giants win [/SIZE]
Partly because Darkwa and Rainey did not instil fear in their defense.  ?

[SIZE=10pt]Disappointing ending to a pretty darn good season.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]They were looking good and were in control for most of the 1st half but the offense didn’t produce when they had the opportunities.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Odell drop on the 1st drive which would have given the Giants a 1st down in FG range.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Both Odell and Sheppard dropped TD’s on the 2nd drive[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Handing the ball to Rainey on the 4th and 1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Never got the running game going …a season long issue[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Oh well it wasn’t meant to be in Green Bay but nothing to hang their head about when you win 11 games in the NFL.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Obviously there are changes that need to be made and it will be interesting what the offseason brings [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

What changes? You add a TE and a RB and your fighting for a SB.
Well 1st they need to address some of the free agents on the defensive side. Both JPP and Hankins are free agents. I think some of the LB are going to be free agents as well. I would like to see Robinson back at LB.

They need to sure up the offensive line. Flowers regressed, Newhouse and Hart aren’t the greatest either, so they need another tackle. Probably could use a road grader at G instead of John Jerry who is more of a pass blocking OG.

I agree on both the RB & TE. I do think Adams has potential at TE. Perkins is probably a 3rd down back and Jennings is old by NFL standards.

They could also use a bigger WR (6’2 or 6’3 guy) to play opposite ODB. Keep Sheppard in the slot.

According to the website FlightAware, United Airlines Flight 2237 arrived in Newark at 2:42 a.m. The same Boeing 767-400 was scheduled to depart for Heathrow Airport at 8:30 a.m., but was delayed until 11:47 a.m
I'm sure the Giants were slobs on the flight but I seriously doubt the plane was so dirty that they couldn't get it cleaned in 6 hours

(I use to work for an airline and have done clean up after college football teams have chartered planes it's been a while but if I recall properly it would take 3 of us less than 2 hours to clean a 757 after a football charter) 

Yenrub said:
I'm sure the Giants were slobs on the flight but I seriously doubt the plane was so dirty that they couldn't get it cleaned in 6 hours

(I use to work for an airline and have done clean up after college football teams have chartered planes it's been a while but if I recall properly it would take 3 of us less than 2 hours to clean a 757 after a football charter) 
Also from that article...

"Kropf said a gate agent told passengers the Giants destroyed the business class cabin and that he saw workers carrying countless seat cushions off the plane."

Users who are viewing this thread