What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 New York Giants Thread (4 Viewers)

Last Nights game was actually pretty good ... Pats had there starters in for the 1st quarter and Brady played the entire first half.

Couple of observations ...
Tavarres King's preseason reminded me a lot of Cruz's breakout season. 
Rainey and  Darkwa looked very good at RB, Williams looked OK , Perkins looked bad but likely wont be cut because he was a draft pick
Nassib started out shaky but settled in and looked good like we had expected him to play
CudJo, Wynn were awesome and Okwara continued to look very good
Kelvin Shepperd is a terrible player and I hope he does not make the team. I feel bad saying this because of his story but Herzlich is pretty bad. He also pissed me off with a really late hit penalty that injured the player pretty bad ... I hope it doesn't cost the guy a roster spot. Other then them stinking, the rest of the LBs were almost invisible ...It almost feels like the Giants play without LBs 
Eli Apple looked very good in coverage

Barkevious Mingo was all over the field for the Pats wish the Giants had taken a chance on him

I would like to see the Giants go Hard after Josh Sitton ... Seems like a perfect match now that they have Beatty who can play ether Left or Right Tackle.
They need a right Gaurd and Sitton is an all pro familiar with the system and coaching staff ... make it happen.

I would also like to see them go after Arthur Brown ... He was the highest rated LBer in 2013 draft. Read that may be better suited for a 4-3 defense rather then a 3-4. Plus the worst LBer on the Ravens is probably the best LBer on the Giants.

Can we change the name of this thread or start a new Official Giants 2016 thread ... I don't think Giants fans realize this is the 
Official 2016 New York Giants

Can we change the name of this thread or start a new Official Giants 2016 thread ... I don't think Giants fans realize this is the 
Official 2016 New York Giants
There just aren't that many Giants fans on this board, it's always been like that. I think only about a dozen. That's why it doesn't get much traffic. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So disappointed that the Giants did not even make an attempt at Sitton or Brown ... two guys that filled a serious need and of course were immediately snatched up.

Instead they sign a low end DT with 1 career tackle ... a position of strength? Sometimes I really wonder what is going on in Reeses mind

So disappointed that the Giants did not even make an attempt at Sitton or Brown ... two guys that filled a serious need and of course were immediately snatched up.

Instead they sign a low end DT with 1 career tackle ... a position of strength? Sometimes I really wonder what is going on in Reeses mind
How do you know they didn't try? 

How do you know they didn't try? 
It wasn't mentioned anywhere that I saw that the Giants were one of the teams interested in either of them.

Giants should've had a leg up on every team for Sitton with the Greenbay ties, the positional need and the cap room. 

It wasn't mentioned anywhere that I saw that the Giants were one of the teams interested in either of them.

Giants should've had a leg up on every team for Sitton with the Greenbay ties, the positional need and the cap room. 
He signed with the 1st team he had a visit with

Brown was picked up off waivers by Jacksonville who had a higher waiver wire priority than the Giants 

I feel like so much of the Giants' season depends on how well Sterling Shepard produces. If he falls short, I see the offense as whole suffering a lot.

Yenrub said:
He signed with the 1st team he had a visit with

Brown was picked up off waivers by Jacksonville who had a higher waiver wire priority than the Giants 
Brown I get  but they shouldn't have given Sitton the opportunity to talk to other teams. I'm sure if MCaddo reached out to him they could have been that first team. From what I read the Giants are happy with John Jerry

I feel like so much of the Giants' season depends on how well Sterling Shepard produces. If he falls short, I see the offense as whole suffering a lot.
I don't think it depends on Shepard ... Giants had a top 3-5 passing offense without him last year. Their receivers and RBs as a whole should be better than last year.

It all comes down to the Oline which so far has taken a step back 

I don't think it depends on Shepard ... Giants had a top 3-5 passing offense without him last year. Their receivers and RBs as a whole should be better than last year.

Good point.

They've compensated for the Oline before. The running game will probably still blow but the passing game should be solid. 

I think it comes down to the Oline and Secondary. They need to get pressure and force turnovers for the team to make the playoffs. 

It wasn't pretty but I will take it!

Good win to start the season. The run defense was on point today. 

Great to see Cruz back. I think I shed a tear when I saw the salsa dance come out.

McAdoo has to work on his play calling by my count (take my count with a grain of salt due to beer drinking) the Giants ran the ball on 11 consecutive 1st down plays. That ain't going to cut it.

Good to have the win. LB play was a lot better than last year. It will be interesting to see how McAdoo changes things up for the Saints. A totally different offense than Dallas.

I feel like it has to be a lot easier than going against that Dallas line.

Dallas had tons of time to throw but with a Rookie QB the Giant DBs were able to shutdown the long game.

NO O'line isn't going to be able to protect Brees the way Dallas protected Prescott but the Giant DBs are going to be tested long. It's up to the Corners and I think they are good enough.

I feel like it has to be a lot easier than going against that Dallas line.

Dallas had tons of time to throw but with a Rookie QB the Giant DBs were able to shutdown the long game.

NO O'line isn't going to be able to protect Brees the way Dallas protected Prescott but the Giant DBs are going to be tested long. It's up to the Corners and I think they are good enough.
yeah, it'll be interesting seeing the Giants defense against a weaker line. Also how the Giants Oline holds up against teams with better defensive lines. 

One encouraging thing, Carl Banks talked about the Giants Oline with Bill Belichick, paraphrasing the coach, he said that the Giants went up against the best Dlines in the NFL during the preseason. They won't face lines that tough during the season, so he wouldn't be that concerned. You just need a front good enough to go against the teams you'll see during the season.

What about playoffs Bill? =)

It's a shame that Shepard messed up his route, causing the INT. 27-12 would have been great!

yeah, it'll be interesting seeing the Giants defense against a weaker line. Also how the Giants Oline holds up against teams with better defensive lines. 

One encouraging thing, Carl Banks talked about the Giants Oline with Bill Belichick, paraphrasing the coach, he said that the Giants went up against the best Dlines in the NFL during the preseason. They won't face lines that tough during the season, so he wouldn't be that concerned. You just need a front good enough to go against the teams you'll see during the season.

What about playoffs Bill? =)

It's a shame that Shepard messed up his route, causing the INT. 27-12 would have been great!
Sheppard may have messed up but Eli's got to make an adjustment and just throw that ball away. He may as well of handed the ball off to the CB.

I'm pretty critical of the Giants but I thought the D'line, Ss and CBs  looked great ... Cruz back, Shepard and the RBs looked pretty damn good. O'line is still a ? but I like what Belichick had to say ... that's encouraging 

Only problems i saw are ...  LBs still kinda suck, TE's could be much better (though adequate)

I can't wait until Sunday !!!  Last time the Giants played the Saints ... Eli and Brees threw for 13 TDs !?!?

Once again it wasn't pretty but I will take it!

I'm starting to like what I see out of this defense. Looking like money well spent so far.

Big game tomorrow. Washington has their back against the wall and in the recent past this is the type of game that the Giants don't play well in.

Newhouse is out so it looks like Hart will start at RT. The rookie S D. Thompson and the worries me a bit as well.

Hopefully they call a few early screens to help slow Kerrigan down a bit going against Hart

Go Gmen!

Tough loss over the weekend. I hope the injuries in the secondary aren’t too serious or long lasting.

The offense has to do a much better job protecting the ball. Vereen puts the ball on the ground way too much.

Eli has to clean up the interceptions and if he is going to force the ball why not force it t to the better receivers?  

Aside from the injuries ... Linebacker might be the biggest problem on this team right now. The defense is getting eaten alive by the short over the middle passing game and Casillas was tackling like a bad high school player.

JPP and Snacks led the team in tackles??? When do d'linemen lead the team in tackles???  Next were the 2 Safeties ???  Meaning the guys in between the d'line and the safties were missing tackles. Casillas was absolutely horrible missing tackles and getting blown up by blockers. Heard Kennard's name once but he's been invisible since 2014 and Keenan Robinson made a couple of nice plays which is the least he could do after pissing them off more than ODB.

Eli is a disgrace ... the one advantage we are supposed to have over the rest of the division is an experienced QB !!!!  So much for that

I'm not even looking forward to Monday night. I cant possibly see the Giants winning this one ... this is a terrible match-up for them with No RBs, No DBs.

Vikings completely mauled Cam last week imagine what they could do to Eli.  

That's why they call them upsets. The Sam Bradford we all knew and loved in Philly could show up,

The OMG unbelievable Vikings could be just a bit overconfident and voila. UPSET!

I believe :banned:

I'm not even looking forward to Monday night. I cant possibly see the Giants winning this one ... this is a terrible match-up for them with No RBs, No DBs.

Vikings completely mauled Cam last week imagine what they could do to Eli.  
Should be a good test for the offensive line. They have played fairly well through 3 games this is their big test.

I think this game is squarely on the shoulders of the Giants offense. They cannot turn the ball over and they cannot let the Vikings defense score.

I'm not all that worried about the Vikings offense 

Agree that this game will be a test for the o-line.  I do like Darkwa, though.  He has good vision, runs low, and is always leaning forward.  I think he is the best RB on the team and with a decent o-line he would be a good fantasy RB.  I'm not confident in the o-line against a defense like MIN's, but I think the left side of the line can be good so maybe another offseason to improve at RG and RT and this offense will be really dangerous.

This team is getting progressively worse. Completely undisciplined ... as evidenced by Odell, Flowers and the incredible amount of penalty and penalty yards. Eli was not playing to win this game ... he was playing not to get hit. He threw the ball into the ground every time a defender got within 5 yards of him or if a play got broken

The MLBs continue to look like a little league team ... I challenge anyone to find a worse starting LBer than Casillas in the NFL ...the closest thing you will find is Kelvin Sheppard. Watch the replay of Mckinnon's TD and look at the 8 foot hole created by Casillas and Sheppard getting completely destroyed while Kennard (a.k.a The Invisible Man) makes a rare appearance by getting blown up by the fullback.  Casillas was repeatedly juked out of his shoes and missed at least 3 tackles that led to game changing plays. 

I've seen some pretty bad Giant teams in years past but this might be the worst I've seen pre 86 .... at least that is the way they are playing.

I've never seen any defensive line get dominated they way they did last night ... it literally looked like little fat kids getting picked on by bullies. That poor pathetic Adams is getting embarrassed play after play ... there has to be a better FA available somewhere. And again with the Casillas bullcrap ... this guys missed tackles are so gigantically glaring and always lead to the hugest 1st downs on 3rd and longs.

Fire Reesce please and get rid of this coach who is in way over his head !!!!!! This team needs to be ripped down and reconstructed. They have 6 or 7 players on this team ... ODB (mental case), Pugh, Vernon, S.Sheppard, Jenkins,  Cromartie and possibly JPP .... the rest  wouldn't start on another team and that includes the garbage QB!

How overrated is this D'line - D'saster ? JPP looks like he has lost to much size and strength to be effective anymore. Snacks was a backup on the Jets and now you know why ... Giants get blown out up the middle on runs and cant put any pressure on the QB in passing downs 

I've seen some pretty bad Giant teams in years past but this might be the worst I've seen pre 86 .... at least that is the way they are playing.

I've never seen any defensive line get dominated they way they did last night ... it literally looked like little fat kids getting picked on by bullies. That poor pathetic Adams is getting embarrassed play after play ... there has to be a better FA available somewhere. And again with the Casillas bullcrap ... this guys missed tackles are so gigantically glaring and always lead to the hugest 1st downs on 3rd and longs.

Fire Reesce please and get rid of this coach who is in way over his head !!!!!! This team needs to be ripped down and reconstructed. They have 6 or 7 players on this team ... ODB (mental case), Pugh, Vernon, S.Sheppard, Jenkins,  Cromartie and possibly JPP .... the rest  wouldn't start on another team and that includes the garbage QB!

How overrated is this D'line - D'saster ? JPP looks like he has lost to much size and strength to be effective anymore. Snacks was a backup on the Jets and now you know why ... Giants get blown out up the middle on runs and cant put any pressure on the QB in passing downs 
What he said.  Gonna be a long season.

Very happy Casillas made me eat my words this week.  This was a must win game and I'm happy they won but this is not a very enjoyable team ... it's not Giant football

Can we please draft/sign a  stud RB?

We had 17 carries for 38 yards against the Ravens. Hell, bring on Ray Rice at this point....I'm dead serious.

Can we please draft/sign a  stud RB?

We had 17 carries for 38 yards against the Ravens. Hell, bring on Ray Rice at this point....I'm dead serious.
I don't think it would matter who the RB is. They seem to run the same draw type play out of the shotgun all the time. It's very frustrating to watch.

Also does anyone recall seeing the Giants WR lineup in a 3 man bunch like I see a lot of other teams do? Seems like they would try a bunch set with OBJ, Cruz ans SS every now and again. Maybe they have done it and I just missed it.

Collins is good but he's no stud. Against a good team today Big Blue would have lost. Defense couldnt stop 3rd and Longs and 4th and longs just like last week. Run game is a shambles and it's clearly hurting the passing game. TE is a major hole that just like LB, Reese seems to ignore. 

Only positive for me besides a W is the penalties were down.

All 53 players participating in practice so far this week

Link

That is something we haven't seen in a long while. They are going to need everyone ready to go against the Eagles this week.

[SIZE=10pt]Once again it wasn’t pretty but I will take the win! After the late interception I thought for sure the Giants were going to lose yet another heartbreaking loss to the Eagles.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]It was nice to see the offense wake up and put some points on the board. [/SIZE]

They got it done again tonight. Spags has the defense playing well. Holding the Bengals to a FG after the interception early was big.

JPP was getting pressure all night. OV was solid.

It was nice to see the offense salt the game away at the end with a couple of good runs. 

Mac showed some big ones going for it on 4th down. It paid off not so sure it was the right call but it turned out right.

Would like to see them diversify the offense a bit more. They are in 3WR 95% of the time 

Not a lot of Giants fans here?   long time for this thread.   Anyway for you Giant homers what is the deal with their run defense.  Cripes against Cincy I counted 10 men on the line of scrimmage on a 3rd & 1.  Just looked like it could be easily exploited but Cinci never did-they just ran up the middle.  Is the Giants run defense that good?

thanx

Hankins and Snacks Harrison form a very dangerous run stuffing duo. They have the talent to be a Top 5 Run stopping unit but tend to be very inconsistent because of Spags' aggressiveness/inconsistency with the secondary. You don't beat the Giants running up the gut, you attack the edges where they often lose contain (looking at you, Eli Apple).

Users who are viewing this thread