What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do Not Sleep on the New York Jets! (2 Viewers)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
I know you might be thinking,...a Dolphins fan starts a Jets thread? Here is the thing...
They already had a strong Defense that can't be much worse than last year which was one of the better NFL defenses, can't be much dispute about this.
You add in a decent QB that is going to the Hall of Fame and wants a 2nd ring on his way out, willing to rework his deal, willing to play with Hackett, willing,, willing,, willing...don't give me this **** he's difficult to work with because the optics look terrific thus far. I don't care about '24 and '25 right now, this offense in 2023 is going to look much better.

Forget my love of Moore, they got rid of a guy that didn't want to be there, period! Buh-Bye, (Bobby the Brain screaming) "happy landings in Cleveland!" That's a hard look at it, but it's true! Good luck to Moore but don't let the door hit ya where the good lawd split you baby, WOOOOOO!!! (Ric Flair)

I don't care if Cook is Gang Green or not, Breece Hall is a stud in the making, we all saw it last year and the idea of him scrapping for crumbs...Rodgers has had a 2-Back system before and may the best RB win. Whoever can do the most damage is going to get the football even if it takes a month or two to iron out completely. Cook just wants to get paid already, otherwise he would have taken the Phins' offer a month ago. Do not lose track of Breece Hall on draft day, I'm not going to keep repeating this, the dude is mega talented and I'm very jealous as a Miami fan, wish we had one of these. We might have something in Achane but he's not nearly on a Breece Hall level I assure you. And with Aaron Rodegrs under Center, you gotta believe life will be easier for the RBs when they get a hand off or pass thrown their way. Does anyone remember the Jets' QB situation last year, seriously?!

Rodgers is not thought of as a high end starting QB in redraft, I tend to think the RBs will count for a lot of the scores but Rodgers could easily throw for 25-30 TDs if the defense sets up short fields.
Wilson is the WR1, Lazard is a distant WR2, yes/no?
Who is the starting TE and I bet he isn't drafted very high...yet
And then you have Breece Hall or perhaps Dalvin Cook and Breece Hall
Just what Hall needs...more motivation to hit his next contract as RBs are under a microscope in the media and all the fallout in Indy right now...good time to flash your skills for future cash

-I mostly don't want to irritate the Jets fan base, I do well enough normally to get them all fired up, this is to unleash when need be during season without invading their team thread.
Good Luck Gentlemen,
Cheers from SoBe

Last edited:
Appreciate the positive thoughts....but the o line appears to be a potential Achilles heel.

AVT is an all pro talent who will (hopefully) get back to just playing RG this year.

But Tomlinson looked like a major FA bust last year. Perhaps he bounces back, but who knows.

Duane brown was once a great player and did herculean work playing through a wrecked shoulder last year...but he's in his late 30's, on the PUP list coming off surgery. No guarantees there.

Becton is finally down to a reasonable weight but hasn't played in 2 years. And like last year (before he got hurt) there are multiple reports of him getting toasted by speed rushers in practice. He's already missed practices and is "on a pitch count". And he doesn't want to play RT.

So right now...RT is either max Mitchell (a small school 4th rounder who looked ok early last year but missed the end of the year with blood clots) or one of several retread JAG types that they brought in (Cajuste or turner)

McGovern is a decent starting center who came back for cheap but their
2nd rounder (tipmman from WI) is currently running with the THIRD team..so clearly they don't think he's ready.

Lots of variables and 6 weeks until the opener...but no sure things there outside AVT. Not a great recipe in front of a 39 year old QB and a RB coming off an injury

Last edited:
Appreciate the positive thoughts....but the o line appears to be a potential Achilles heel.

AVT is an all pro talent who will (hopefully) get back to just playing RG this year.

But Tomlinson looked like a major FA bust last year. Perhaps he bounces back, but who knows.

Duane brown was once a great player and did herculean work playing through a wrecked shoulder last year...but he's in his late 30's, on the PUP list coming off surgery. No guarantees there.

Becton is finally down to a reasonable weight but hasn't played in 2 years. And like last year (before he got hurt) there are multiple reports of him getting toasted by speed rushers in practice. He's already missed practices and is "on a pitch count". And he doesn't want to play RT.

So right now...RT is either max Mitchell (a small school 4th rounder who looked ok early last year but missed the end of the year with blood clots) or one of several retread JAG types that they brought in (Cajuste or turner)

McGovern is a decent starting center who came back for cheap but their
2nd rounder (tipmman from WI) is currently running with the THIRD team..so clearly they don't think he's ready.

Lots of variables and 6 weeks until the opener...but no sure things there outside AVT. Not a great recipe in front of a 39 year old QB and a RB coming off an injury
If we could get an in depth look from a true fan about the OL for each and every 32 NFL teams, we'd be on to something.
Thanks for chiming in. yes the OL is the mystery
But I bet a more agile and aware QB that can distribute the ball faster and make quicker decisions under duress is going to help a lot.

OMG!
You called it, maybe even predicting the exact injury

Me on Monday night

edit: obviously we're sort of joking here.....but i dont believe the o-line (brown in particular) was at fault for the injury. The play was designed for him to cut block. He did (although not SUPER well) and Aaron just didnt get the ball out.

Would he have gotten killed eventually anyway? Maybe (probably based on how Tomlinson looked at LG again) But it wasn't like Brown just got torched straight up give them a clear run at A-rod.

Users who are viewing this thread