What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

Not me involved. Fwiw cowboys are 0-7 but don't have their first in either 13 or 14Forrester Park Thunder gave up:Brown, Donald IND RBGreene, Shonn NYJ RBJones, Donald BUF WRYear 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Forrester Park ThunderYear 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Craigentinny ChargersCorstorphine Cowboys gave up:Peterson, Adrian MIN RB
How does that trade help an 0-7 team? There's something wrong going on there, unless the Cowboys owner is just totally clueless.
I'm curious what was the league's reaction to this deal? An 0-7 team trades away a top dynasty RB (even if he is 27), and gets 2 RBs that could likely not even be starting RBs next year, a marginal WR and two decent (at best) draft picks.Something just seems way off on this one.
The reaction wasn't great. This isn't the first lopsided multi player for one stud type deal between these two teams. The two guys know each other (no other league members know each other personally) and I'm beginning to suspect shenanigans.Cowboys typically makes terrible trades though and if I wasn't so concerned about the reaction I'd be looking to replace him.
Did anyone ask Cowboys what he hoped to gain by this deal? Especially being 0-7.It's really not even justifiable imo. Greene is the same age as Peterson and nowhere near the same ballpark from a talent or production perspective. Brown has really failed to establish himself as a true feature back, with this being his best season ever and not that all impressive. I think the odds are better than average that neither will be a feature back next season.The rest of the package is a crapshoot. It doesn't even look like they tried to make it look close here.Sorry but this one fascinates me, as it seems like it should tear a league apart - especially based on the fact that these two owners are the only ones that know eachother outside of the league.

12 teams .5/1.0/1.5 PPR start 2R/3W - superflex

Team A (contender) receives

J Stewart

2013 2nd

Team B (rebuilding) receives

Britt

Brazil

2014 1st

'Dr. Octopus said:
'Donsmith753 said:
Not me involved. Fwiw cowboys are 0-7 but don't have their first in either 13 or 14Forrester Park Thunder gave up:Brown, Donald IND RBGreene, Shonn NYJ RBJones, Donald BUF WRYear 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Forrester Park ThunderYear 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Craigentinny ChargersCorstorphine Cowboys gave up:Peterson, Adrian MIN RB
How does that trade help an 0-7 team? There's something wrong going on there, unless the Cowboys owner is just totally clueless.
I'm curious what was the league's reaction to this deal? An 0-7 team trades away a top dynasty RB (even if he is 27), and gets 2 RBs that could likely not even be starting RBs next year, a marginal WR and two decent (at best) draft picks.Something just seems way off on this one.
The reaction wasn't great. This isn't the first lopsided multi player for one stud type deal between these two teams. The two guys know each other (no other league members know each other personally) and I'm beginning to suspect shenanigans.Cowboys typically makes terrible trades though and if I wasn't so concerned about the reaction I'd be looking to replace him.
Did anyone ask Cowboys what he hoped to gain by this deal? Especially being 0-7.It's really not even justifiable imo. Greene is the same age as Peterson and nowhere near the same ballpark from a talent or production perspective. Brown has really failed to establish himself as a true feature back, with this being his best season ever and not that all impressive. I think the odds are better than average that neither will be a feature back next season.The rest of the package is a crapshoot. It doesn't even look like they tried to make it look close here.Sorry but this one fascinates me, as it seems like it should tear a league apart - especially based on the fact that these two owners are the only ones that know eachother outside of the league.
I've been really busy and haven't had a chance to push it yet. Ill certainly be looking into it.Here's the Jennings trade from earlier this year. It's worse but I've got a policy of not vetoing trades.This was made in March.Forrester Park Thunder gave up Grant, Ryan FA* RB;Burress, Plaxico FA* WR;Jenkins, Michael MIN WR;Moss, Santana WAS WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.14;Year 2012 Draft Pick 4.03Corstorphine Cowboys gave up Jennings, Greg GBP WR

2 trades that went down in my league recently. I was not involved in either, just posting here for people who may be looking to gauge value.

A gives:

Gresham

Turbin

2013 2nd

B gives:

Vernon Davis

Royster

C gives:

DeMarco Murray

2 2013 3rd rd picks

D gives:

Miles Austin

Rudolph

2013 1st

2 trades that went down in my league recently. I was not involved in either, just posting here for people who may be looking to gauge value.A gives:GreshamTurbin2013 2ndB gives:Vernon DavisRoysterC gives:DeMarco Murray2 2013 3rd rd picksD gives:Miles AustinRudolph2013 1st
First looks pretty good to me, assuming team a looking at TE as a big piece of a SB push.Second looks like more value that I would give for Murray after include the 1st, but opinions on his value vary.

12 team, PPR

I have a decent team and I'm making a final push

Gave McCluster, Dexter KCC WR; 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick and 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick (both hopefully late)

Received Moore, Lance NOS WR

12 Team, PPR

Different league, similar circumstances. I have a strong team "except" at RB...other team selling off assets.

Gave Royster, Evan WAS RB; Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick (should be very late)

Received Sproles, Darren NOS RB

12 team, PPRI have a decent team and I'm making a final push Gave McCluster, Dexter KCC WR; 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick and 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick (both hopefully late)Received Moore, Lance NOS WR
I like that trade under all circumstances- rebuild, final push, anything. Moore's 29, playing in a high-powered passing offense, and has a wr2 and two wr3 finishes in the last four years (the fourth year he was injured). He's currently 16th in points per game. I think he's got another 3 years of quality wr2 production ahead of him, and he can be had for wr4 prices. He's the new Eddie Kennison.

12 team, PPRI have a decent team and I'm making a final push Gave McCluster, Dexter KCC WR; 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick and 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick (both hopefully late)Received Moore, Lance NOS WR
I like that trade under all circumstances- rebuild, final push, anything. Moore's 29, playing in a high-powered passing offense, and has a wr2 and two wr3 finishes in the last four years (the fourth year he was injured). He's currently 16th in points per game. I think he's got another 3 years of quality wr2 production ahead of him, and he can be had for wr4 prices. He's the new Eddie Kennison.
At this point in the season giving up a couple of late picks to shore up your roster for the playoffs is a smart move. Some other guys I'd look to trade for are Malcom Floyd and Boldin. If you're looking for a younger guy, I just traded Kerley for a 2nd and I expect him to put up WR2 the rest of the way. More risky than the others but the Jets have a very easy schedule, especially weeks 14-16.

Traded Jon Baldwin for Rueben Randle straight up in a pretty standard PPR dynasty. Have the same offer out in another league.

Traded Jon Baldwin for Rueben Randle straight up in a pretty standard PPR dynasty. Have the same offer out in another league.
I know you loved him, why are you bailing? 2012 looks like a lost season with Quinn/Cassell, but they'll surely grab a 1st round qb. Randle looks to be blocked by Cruz and nicks for a very long time.

I know you loved him, why are you bailing? 2012 looks like a lost season with Quinn/Cassell, but they'll surely grab a 1st round qb. Randle looks to be blocked by Cruz and nicks for a very long time.
Nicks is in the last year of his contract next year and there's a decent chance with his injury history they let him walk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm backing off him a bit. I still think he has a chance to be one of the best jump ball receivers in the NFL, but after watching him more I'm not that sold on his route running/separation skills. Of course, now that I've said this he will probably have 1300 yards and 12 TDs next year. :) I'll probably keep him in a couple leagues just in case. Randle is a different type of player. Doesn't have the first round pedigree or the elite frame/hops. However, he's a much more fluid route runner. After seeing what guys like Jennings, Cobb, and Nelson have become, I'm a big fan of buying solid receivers on great offenses. And I think that's what Randle is. He's only 21, so there's a lot of time for him to hit his peak.

Agree with wides in good offenses, which is why I don't agree with most placing Cruz out of their top 5. I would have a hard time trading him for any WR straight up. I have noticed he has been mentioned in zero trades on this thread this year, so most owners must agree.

Seen this trade made in a $750 FFPC PPR league I am not in and could not believe it

Nicks (NYG) WR

for

Gordon (Cle) WR

Wilson (NYG) RB

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just involved in a trade

I receive:

Brandon Pettigrew

I give:

Mercedes Lewis

2013 2nd round pick

My main tight end is Hernandez and I picked up Lewis for the injury, I am 5 - 2 with the most points the league so the pick will be late and I can't trust Hernandez to stay healthy through the playoffs this year. The other guy had Gonzalez too, but didn't want to give him up.

Seen this trade made in a $750 FFPC PPR league I am not in and could not believe itNicks (NYG) WRforGordon (Cle) WRWilson (NYG) RB
Eh. Most will say Nicks but I don't think it's outrageous at all. In fact, I think there's a pretty good chance that by this time next year people will consider it lopsided to Gordon/Wilson side.

12 team 20 spots dynasty leagueTeam A gets Ryan MathewsTeam B gets 2013 1st round pick (prob pick 8-12)
I'm currently shopping a 2013 that should be 3-6, I'd love to get Mathews for that pick. I'm also sitting on a 2014 pick that's a lock for top 3 and a huge chance to be #1 overall, what type of player should I be shooting for in a trade, I'm pretty new to FF dynasties.

12 team 20 spots dynasty leagueTeam A gets Ryan MathewsTeam B gets 2013 1st round pick (prob pick 8-12)
ew.
Why would anyone do this ?I traded for Mathews this year it cost me Fred Jackson, pick 7 in this year's draft, 2 2nds, and a 4th and I felt I got him for cheap!How in the world would anyone trade him for a single 1st ??????? Let alone a low 1st.Beyond stupid

I don't usually deal two years out . . . interesting - how do you know it's a top3 lock??
The team is terrible, currently in last and has traded its 2013 and 2014 1sts already. I can't see them being any better next season unless maybe new management is brought in.

I'm currently shopping a 2013 that should be 3-6, I'd love to get Mathews for that pick. I'm also sitting on a 2014 pick that's a lock for top 3 and a huge chance to be #1 overall, what type of player should I be shooting for in a trade, I'm pretty new to FF dynasties.
I'd be holding on to 2014 firsts, not trading them away. That draft class has the potential to be really awesome. I've already got 4 first rounders from that draft, and am still looking to add more.

2 trades that went down in my league recently. I was not involved in either, just posting here for people who may be looking to gauge value.A gives:GreshamTurbin2013 2ndB gives:Vernon DavisRoysterC gives:DeMarco Murray2 2013 3rd rd picksD gives:Miles AustinRudolph2013 1st
Gresham > Vernon in dynasty. I'll take Rudolph/Austin/1st as well.

Seen this trade made in a $750 FFPC PPR league I am not in and could not believe itNicks (NYG) WRforGordon (Cle) WRWilson (NYG) RB
Eh. Most will say Nicks but I don't think it's outrageous at all. In fact, I think there's a pretty good chance that by this time next year people will consider it lopsided to Gordon/Wilson side.
Lopsided next year? Probably not. Nicks is still a stud. In Gordon/Wilson favor next year? Better than 50/50.

I made this deal with EBF. I have these two players very close in dynasty, but in HyperActive format (1-4 RB, 1-4 WR, 1-4 TE, only 6 total), the only thing I'm after is guys who can be potential horses. Baldwin's got a higher ceiling in my book, so I made the trade.

I was just involved in a tradeI receive:Brandon PettigrewI give:Mercedes Lewis2013 2nd round pickMy main tight end is Hernandez and I picked up Lewis for the injury, I am 5 - 2 with the most points the league so the pick will be late and I can't trust Hernandez to stay healthy through the playoffs this year. The other guy had Gonzalez too, but didn't want to give him up.
That's a fine price to pay, but I'd still be trying to find the 1-2 owners in the league that think Pettigrew is worth more than this (seemingly always 1 guy who has him aggressively ranked at TE8-9). He's not a player I'm comfortable with in my lineup and so he's not worth holding at the cost you could probably get elsewhere. Flip that mo fo.

Good trade. At worst, you've lost a mid 2nd and mid 3rd for a chance at gold (assuming you had one week starting position). I'll take that chance all day.

whenever you make an offer that is accepted, you have that pang in your gut that you overpaid. But i am still ok with this12 Team PPR, start 2RB/2WR/TE can flex anyGave:WallaceVDavisGot: GronkVD scares me sometimes and don't trust ASmith. I have OK depth at WR with Green, TSmith, Bowe, Wright, Blackmon, Floyd. Wanted a stud TE to pair with RG3 and Green.
Great trade, Vernon is not a comfy start any longer and with the WR depth you could sacrifice Wallace.

QB/2RB/2WR/TE/K/DST, RB/WR/TE flex.I gave:Larry Fitzgerald, Kyle Rudolph, '12 1st (currently 5-2)I receive:Percy Harvin, Coby Fleener, '12 4th (currently 1-6)Starting lineup will beLuck/Big BenDMC/MathewsAJG, Harvin, MarshallFinley/BennettK & DST
Got to pay this price to deal from Fitz to Harvin. I like it.

TA getsGreg Jennings WR GB (rank: 102-274) from VHDoug Martin RB TB (rank: 18-99) from VHVH getsMichael Bush RB CHI (rank: 28-160) from TARyan Williams RB ARI (rank: 67-270) from TAKendall Wright WR TEN (rank: 43-138) from TA2013 1st round (curr 7-0) from TA2013 2nd round (curr 1-6) from TA
Just awful.

I'd be holding on to 2014 firsts, not trading them away. That draft class has the potential to be really awesome. I've already got 4 first rounders from that draft, and am still looking to add more.
Even if you could get say, Marshawn Lynch straight up?

Even if you could get say, Marshawn Lynch straight up?
If I thought the pick was going to be late, I'd trade it straight up for Lynch in a second. If I thought it was a premium pick, though, I might hold. Obviously depends on the rest of my roster. Contender with hole at RB = trade. Rebuilding team or team already set at RB = hold.

14 team PPR with development players

Gave: Brees, Gore, Austin and John Cooper

Got: Brady, Giovanni Bernard, Marquess Wilson, Josh Gordon and a 2013 1st rounder

Just turned down this offer in a 12 team PPR dynasty league. Competitive, but felt there is too much unknown with Miller and like Smith a lot.

I give: Charles & Torrey Smith

I get: Ray Rice & L. Miller

Users who are viewing this thread