What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (3 Viewers)

dgreen said:
I like all the forced turnovers, but it would be really awesome to turn them into points. 
Forced 18 turnovers so far in 9 games. Those changes in possession have resulted in:

TD - 3

FG - 6

Miss FG - 1

Turnover - 1

Punt - 6

End of Game - 1

Today was 4 turnovers for 3 points (and 3 punts).

Thank you Cowboys for beating the Eagles.

During the game they showed a stat that (believe it or not) says the Redskins are the second-highest scoring team (per game) in the division. This division sucks this year.

So theortetically there's a chance.

Thanks, Dirk.

There was something noticeably different about Dirk Koetter on the sideline Sunday. He held the play sheet and spoke into the microphone on his headset between snaps, talking directly to quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.

"I called the plays (Sunday),'' Koetter said after the Bucs' 16-3 loss to Washington. "The whole day. Just my own reasons.''

For the first time all season, Koetter took those duties away from offensive coordinator Todd Monken. He didn't get the results the Bucs needed.

Corner Josh Norman was looking forward to this matchup because he knew Fitzpatrick would give him a chance to intercept a pass. Sure enough, on the first series of the game, after Tampa had driven to the Redskins’ 19-yard line, Fitzpatrick overthrew his intended receiver, and Norman made an acrobatic interception. Later, with the Redskins leading 13-3, corner Josh Stroman stepped in front of another Fitzpatrick pass to pick him off and set up a field goal.

“We know Fitz was going to throw interceptions,” Redskins linebacker Zach Brown said. “He’s a gunslinger. With gunslingers, you throw interceptions.”
http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/37616/banged-up-redskins-find-beauty-in-ugly-road-win-in-tampa

I missed Norman's INT but heard it was pretty good. My favorite play was Ryan Anderson punching the ball about 20 yards into the end zone with the Skins recovering. Doctson's TD was a good play by both him and Smith.

I was so sure they'd lose. Tampa set a record for the most yards ever gained by a team scoring 3 points.

This seems, uhm, not well thought out...

Get a win and he decides this is what he wants to talk about? Probably not what's needed right now. Seems ill-timed.
I've been a fan of this team for my entire life and can't imagine ever giving them up. But man, they do not make it easy. God forbid they go a week without raining on our parade.

Forget about the fact that Norman makes millions of dollars to play and fans have to pay for their tickets. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who gets free close-in parking at Fed Ex Field instead of having to wait in traffic for two hours to get to their $60 parking spot has no right to lecture Redskins fans about their attendance or their attitude. That goes for media, too.

Unrelated observation- seems like fans of the visiting teams showing up in large numbers is a trend almost everywhere. It makes sense- attending an NFL game is an expensive proposition and provides less value in an era of HD TV and Red Zone Channel and fantasy football, so there's less motivation to go for most fans. But you'd be far more inclined to go if you don't get many chances to see your favorite team in person ... like if you're a Packers fan living in the DC area, or a Skins fan living in the Tampa area.

This seems, uhm, not well thought out...

Get a win and he decides this is what he wants to talk about? Probably not what's needed right now. Seems ill-timed.
Ok here’s more from “Mr. Loyalty” Josh Norman:

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/Bolt/Josh-Norman-threatens-to-leave-Redskins-after-Chargers-defeat-112120509/

Remember when he threatened to leave the team when they weren’t doing well?  I’m glad he’s playing better and I’ll root for him as long as he’s on our team, but objectively, this guy comes off as a massive ****.

ive been a fan of the skins for over 40 years..I totally get why the fans don’t come to the stadium.  The fact that he doesn’t only shows how disconnected and entitled he is...

Geron Christian, torn MCL, out for season.

Crowder and Quinn are each getting another MRI. Dunbar still has a nerve issue."They just don’t know what’s going on"
was thinking Crowder could be a sneaky play down the stretch at a flex spot...this doesn't sound encouraging...
Chris Thompson has no idea when he'll be able to play, or even to practice. Everything he does makes his injured ribs hurt worse.

And no, I dont think he's dogging it. I've had a broken rib twice, right by my sternum, from 2 different wonderful children of mine who at 2 different times decided it would be fun to climb on the coffee table and Hop On Pop while he was laying on his back on the floor. It hurt to breathe for a month.

I'm not too upset by what Norman said. Since that time both he and Petersson have been urging fans to turn out Sunday and cheer like hell against the Texans. That doesn't get reported so much because it doesn't rile people up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Norman’s complaints about Redskins fans being too fickle and too few in number at home games are spot on, says teammate D.J. Swearinger, who went even further, calling the home-field advantage at FedEx Field as nonexistent as any he’s seen.

And Swearinger isn’t new to the NFL.

“I played on four different teams, never seen it that bad with other teams’ jerseys in the stands, with the boos, whatever it may be,” Swearinger told 106.7 The Fan on Monday. “I’ve never been part of nothing like that.”
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/12/dj-swearinger-redskins-home-games-are-some-worst-t/

The Redskins return to FedEx Field on Sunday to face the Houston Texans. Norman and star running back Adrian Peterson each posted messages on Twitter that urged fans to show up.

Norman said the Redskins have worked hard to be in first place and now it was the fanbase’s turn to make their stadium a place where visitors “fear” of playing because of the noise.

Peterson added the stadium needed to be “rocking.”

“It can get you over the hump,” Foster said. “I know that people don’t believe it, but you go into some of the places like that and their fans are behind them. … We need the fans to come out and be supportive, have a blast, man, you know what I mean? Get you some hot dogs or whatever it may be.

“Get everybody nice and ready at the tailgate and get in there and let’s have a blast together.”
same link

Chris Thompson has no idea when he'll be able to play, or even to practice. Everything he does makes his injured ribs hurt worse.

And no, I dont think he's dogging it. I've had a broken rib twice, right by my sternum, from 2 different wonderful children of mine who at 2 different times decided it would be fun to climb on the coffee table and Hop On Pop while he was laying on his back on the floor. It hurt to breathe for a month.
This injury is from that stupid last drive against the saints, right.  :wall:

same link
I get it.  I went to RFK when we rocked the stands, before Norman was in the scene.  So now he’s lecturing guys like me about it.  Whatever.

Maybe I’m being sensitive about it, but I don’t think I’m alone.  Actually guys like AP and CT encouraging fans to come out is cool.  Norman basically calling fans lame is — in my opinion — a #### move.

Any update on Crowder's MRI? Can't find anything and I actually need to start him this weekend in 1 league due to bye issues ?

Any update on Crowder's MRI? Can't find anything and I actually need to start him this weekend in 1 league due to bye issues ?
From yesterday, and not very revealing:

Coach Jay Gruden said the recent MRI of Crowder's ankle revealed "some issues in there," Kareem Copeland of The Washington Post reports.
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/redskins-jamison-crowder-still-has-some-issues-with-ankle/

And from today

Crowder (ankle) was held out of practice Thursday, Kareem Copeland of The Washington Post reports. There was some hope Crowder would progress to limited participation after he was spotted working out on the side, per John Keim of ESPN.com. However, that didn't come to pass. According to Copeland, a recent MRI revealed lingering issues within the ankle in question, and coach Jay Gruden later told Les Carpenter of The Washington Post on Wednesday that Crowder "needs a little more time." Crowder has just one practice remaining to change the tune about his ability to return Sunday against the Texans, but a sixth consecutive absence becomes likelier without some on-field activity.
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/redskins-jamison-crowder-remains-sidelined-at-practice/

Trey Quinn's reactivated and may return punts. Dustin Hopkins has a groin injury and hasn't practiced. Nicholson, Nsekhe, and Moses are back to practicing but Moses isn't doing a lot.  All this per John Keim.

Coooley said that Cooper played left guard better last week than anyone has all season for the Redskins. I'm still not sure how they got by with that line  --- Nsekhe, Cooper, Bergstrom, Rouillier, Moses .

Adrian Peterson

"Last week, I actually started feeling all the way healthy," he said in the 'Skins locker room. "My shoulder, I'm back to bench pressing. I hadn't done that in three weeks. And so I'm back to doing the normal things that I was able to do. My ankle's feeling good, my body's just feeling refreshed."

I think they're overmatched against Houston, by the way. Not sure how they're going to stop Watson and Hopkins, and Smith will probably be under more pressure this week.  Josh Norman's giving away tickets to the game, btw

Craig Hoffman‏Verified account @CraigHoffman

Josh Norman will be handing out 50 tickets before Sunday’s game. He wants fans there. He wants them loud. He is giving tickets to make sure that happens.

The Texans are what a real 6-3 team looks like. Kinda depressing to watch their offense.

Forced 18 turnovers so far in 9 games. Those changes in possession have resulted in:

TD - 3

FG - 6

Miss FG - 1

Turnover - 1

Punt - 6

End of Game - 1

Today was 4 turnovers for 3 points (and 3 punts).
Another turnover not turned into points. 

I can't wait to hear all week how this is the fans fault for not having faith on the team instead of looking in the mirror and realize how awful the offense is

Wait to go Josh you really nailed this one 

“Alex Smith's second interception makes this his first multi-pick game since Week 11 of the 2017 season. It's his sixth such game since the 2013 season, but four of those took place from 2013-15.  es.pn/2PzgMbU”

-keim 

Users who are viewing this thread