What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kayshon Boutte, NE (1 Viewer)

LSU WR Kayson Boutte could be in for a breakout season in 2022.

Boutte (6'0/205) has had his battles with injury over his career, but has also flashed just how much talent he brings to the table when he's been given a chance on the field in Baton Rouge. Over the past two seasons, he's reeled in 83 receptions for 1,244 receiving yards with 14 touchdowns. When PFF released its first 2023 Big Board, Boutte sat at No. 8 overall, ahead of Miami QB Tyler Van Dyke and just behind Georgia TE Arik Gilbert. That made him the second LSU player on the Big Board (DL Jaquelin Roy came in at No. 5).

May 10, 2022, 7:55 PM ET

ESPN's Matt Miller likens LSU junior WR Kayshon Boutte to DeVonta Smith.

Boutte posted a 38-509-9 receiving line last fall before his season was cut short with a leg injury. Expectations are high for a breakout season now that he's fully healthy. Miller mocked Boutte No. 18 overall to the Patriots in a recent mock.

SOURCE: ESPN

Jun 28, 2022, 11:53 AM ET

You might want to make sure that undisclosed leg injury wasn't his achilles before investing highly here.

You might want to make sure that undisclosed leg injury wasn't his achilles before investing highly here.
Yeah, that’s the mystery. He’s expected to play this year, so as long as he continues to perform at a high level I’m not sure it matters. 

I'd rather he be the next Kayshon Boutte. I think the fantasy community has forgotten about hm to some degree and could be a surprise pick in 2nd rounds of dynasty drafts.
He was a YAC monster in 2021 prior to injury. He had a silly 9 TDs in 6 games, and I agree - that he was kind of under the radar with various injuries in 2022 makes him a potential bargain in the 2023 draft & in rookie drafts.

Plus the reported freaky sex thing adds some “character” baggage, which won’t matter much to teams like OAK or DAL and several other teams who’ve ignored character issues in the past.

His physical profile is a lot like JSN at 6’ 205 LBs. He’s a different kind of receiver than JSN though - he’s twitchy and makes defenders miss. He’s also a decent route runner, who can also get deep in an hurry (see: his long receptions of 50+, 60+) and if he lands in the right spot he’s gonna be a very good FF WR.

Dallas would seem to be a likely landing spot - if that happens, playing across from Lamb or out of the slot as the WR2, his FF draft stock should climb into the back end of the 1st.

I will absolutely be looking to take him there (have the 1.10)

I'd rather he be the next Kayshon Boutte. I think the fantasy community has forgotten about hm to some degree and could be a surprise pick in 2nd rounds of dynasty drafts.
You only get to comp to guys from his school. I don't make the rules.

I'm going with somewhere between Reuben Randle and Eddie Kennison with the upside of motivated Dwayne Bowe.

But for real, he does seem like he could be a steal if he's going around the 1.12/2.01 turn. Hopefully it's not another small sample size trap like Terrace Marshall ended up being 😁

I'm going with somewhere between Reuben Randle and Eddie Kennison with the upside of motivated Dwayne Bowe.

But for real, he does seem like he could be a steal if he's going around the 1.12/2.01 turn. Hopefully it's not another small sample size trap like Terrace Marshall ended up being 😁

Can he have a rookie season like Michael Clayton?

Can he have a rookie season like Michael Clayton?
As long as his career goes better after that!

PFN Fantasy Football @PFNFantasy
No. 10 Kayshon Boutte, WR, @LSUfootball

At 5’10”, Boutee is an animal on the field and will blow right past you off the line with his track background.” 🐯

Full Rankings: bit.ly/3l9IyMZ
Most sources list Boutte taller than 5'10", so this is interesting
He’s been listed at 6’ forever. Every video I’ve seen and every FF writer has him at 6’. Reputable sites I follow/subscribe to have him at 6’.

I’m not sure I’m ready to believe a twitter account with less than 3K follows on this.

Chad Forbes @NFLDraftBites
Recognize people don't love LSU WR Kayshon Boutte

Did it feel like he quit on his 2022 LSU Team?

Yes

Context Matters. 20 year old young man & just had a kid

Get him to the Pros where it's about making money, we all know he's gonna be a stud

Reminds me of Tyrann Mathieu
There was also an issue in his relationship with the LSU QB…
Not sure of the details but when the QB announced he was returning to LSU, Boutte flipped to head to NFL

Yes

Get him to the Pros where it's about making money, we all know he's gonna be a stud

Not sure of the details but when the QB announced he was returning to LSU, Boutte flipped to head to NFL
Also reports of off-field relationship with a staff member?

Whatever. If he lands in a good situation & is there at 2.01 he’s probably going to be on my roster. Kid can play.

Yes

Whatever. If he lands in a good situation & is there at 2.01 he’s probably going to be on my roster. Kid can play.
I agree that 2.01 or 2.03 he is on my target list.

I thought I recall the "off field" issue was in regards to his missing a game due to the birth of his child, (Sept 2022)
Or are you referring to the Texas A&M rumor of the "Sex Party" he was allegedly involved ??

Yes

I agree that 2.01 or 2.03 he is on my target list.

I thought I recall the "off field" issue was in regards to his missing a game due to the birth of his child, (Sept 2022)
Or are you referring to the Texas A&M rumor of the "Sex Party" he was allegedly involved ??
That’s the one. I hope it scares me leaguemates away. :)

Here’s where Kayshon Boutte stands among receivers on ESPN’s latest draft board

ESPN’s Matt Miller released his top 10 wide receiver prospects for the 2023 NFL draft, and former LSU star Kayshon Boutte came in at No. 8.

According to Miller, a scout told him that Boutte looks like a first-round pick when he’s on the field, but isn’t out there enough to solidify that grade. Among the other issues keeping Boutte out of the top five are the injuries.

“The offseason brought two surgeries to repair a right ankle injury, and what was expected to be a breakout 2022 season leading to a round 1 grade and WR1 candidacy didn’t pan out,” Miller wrote.

Miller compared Boutte to Tyler Boyd and wrote his best fits could be the Los Angeles Chargers, Green Bay Packers or Atlanta Falcons.

Boutte finished his LSU career with 1,782 yards and 16 touchdowns, putting him 18th in school history in both categories. He had over 500 yards in all three years and broke the SEC single-game receiving record as a freshman in 2020.

Jared Tokarz @JaredNFLDraft
Some team is going to risk a 2nd/3rd on #LSU WR Kayshon Boutte and I think it’s 100% worth it.

His 2021 film was quite impressive and could end up being quite the steal.

I truly think if a team gets him to buy in, it’s going to pay handsomely.

He can line up anywhere, YAC ability, track guy. Just needs a team to invest in him and get him to buy into what they’re doing. He would fit very nicely with a contender in 3rd round.

A lot of red flags with this kid...combine testing, lack of college production and some questions about his time at LSU...right now I will let someone else deal with it.

A lot of red flags with this kid...combine testing, lack of college production and some questions about his time at LSU...right now I will let someone else deal with it.

The testing today was a surprise. I'm pretty sure he was a big track star and frankly makes me question one of those red flags I've heard on him which was his commitment level to the game.

Getting a heavy Chiefs day 3 vibe on him.

I finally know how to pronounce this guy's last name after today. He's Booty.

I'm wondering if that sophomore back or neck injury sapped his athleticism. He never looked as good last year as he did before the injury.

ETA: correction ankle injury. Must be mixing guys up.

I had hoped for him late 1st… now possible late 2nd?

I had hoped for him late 1st… now possible late 2nd?

Right now (subject to change) I won't take him over any of the other "legit" prospects...could backfire but I generally avoid this type of prospect unless I know the talent is a no-brainer.

Just caught up on this dude’s combine results. I know athleticism isn’t everything, but man, some very disappointing numbers. The 29 inch vertical is just preposterously bad. His measurables were good, but a 4.5 40 is not as quick as I would’ve hoped. And he just sort of gave up on the second attempt at the 40.

Starting to wonder if he’s just not as explosives he was his freshman year.

Agility drills were decent I guess, but man… Very disappointing.

My love affair with Keyshawn Boutte may be fading a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread