What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Milk Carton Alert (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Are there any conservative posters left around these parts who meet ALL of the following criteria?

1. You believe Trump lost the election, as in it wasn't stolen from him.

2. You believe the vaccine works and isn't killing people in large numbers.

3. You think the people who entered Congress last January weren't Patriots (not New England Patriots).

Are there any conservative posters left around these parts who meet ALL of the following criteria?

3. You think the people who entered Congress last January weren't Patriots (not New England Patriots).
Hi

I don’t call myself conservative but I think most here would.

:hey:

As they say , 2 out of 3 ain’t bad

I don’t see many saying that about the vaccines and I’ve seen no one call people who entered the Capitol patriots. 

I vote yes to all 3 questions

1. I voted for Trump. It annoyed me him whining like a sore loser that the election was stolen with no proof.

2. Vaccine works in that it keeps you out of the hospital. Definitely. I'm boosted and glad I got it. Vaccine is also safe. However I do NOT believe in any type of Vaccine mandates or showing Vaccine proof. Also, I think parents should choose on their own to get their children vaccinated as the flu is worse for kids than covid and there are no flu shot mandates.

3. I think THEY think they were patriots. I just think they were nutjobs. I also don't think Trump incited them to storm the Capital. That's a stretch.

I vote yes to all 3 questions

1. I voted for Trump. It annoyed me him whining like a sore loser that the election was stolen with no proof.

2. Vaccine works in that it keeps you out of the hospital. Definitely. I'm boosted and glad I got it. Vaccine is also safe. However I do NOT believe in any type of Vaccine mandates or showing Vaccine proof. Also, I think parents should choose on their own to get their children vaccinated as the flu is worse for kids than covid and there are no flu shot mandates.

3. I think THEY think they were patriots. I just think they were nutjobs. I also don't think Trump incited them to storm the Capital. That's a stretch.
I know a lot of people who are in this group or very close to it.  In fact, the majority of people I know.  People need to realize that when people who voted for Trump get polled they love to mess with the pollsters.  If a pollster calls here, sure I'm telling him I think the election was stolen.  Personally I enjoy having a little fun with them.  

It was all part of Kruchev's master plan when he said we will bury you. He already knew about the collusion to come.

People need to realize that when people who voted for Trump get polled they love to mess with the pollsters.  If a pollster calls here, sure I'm telling him I think the election was stolen.  Personally I enjoy having a little fun with them.
Yes. People don't answer the question that is asked. They answer just to indicate whose side they're on. If a poll asks, "Do you think the election was stolen from Trump?" people will answer this alternative question instead: "Do you think Biden is a boob?" Republicans will therefore answer in the affirmative even though they know the election wasn't stolen.

The problem with answering "Do you think the election was stolen from Trump?" in the negative is that it concedes points to the other side, which shall never be done no matter what! So it has to be answered in the affirmative. Yes, it was stolen, your side gets no points from me, so there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Similarly, if a poll asks: "Was Trump the worst president in the history of the United States?" I think a lot of Democrats would privately think, "Well, it's kind of close, but I supppose Andrew Johnson may have been a tad worse." Still, they will answer the poll "YES" instead of "NO" because a negative answer appears to concede a point to Republicans, which shall never be done!

Vaccine is killing lots of people?  That's a new one, reeks of desperation.  
I see a fair amount of people in other sites sharing this opinion.  They cannot wait to post when someone died that had the vax.  You didn’t know that it killed Betty White?  

Of course most of these posters watch Alex Jones.

Similarly, if a poll asks: "Was Trump the worst president in the history of the United States?" I think a lot of Democrats would privately think, "Well, it's kind of close, but I supppose Andrew Johnson may have been a tad worse." Still, they will answer the poll "YES" instead of "NO" because a negative answer appears to concede a point to Republicans, which shall never be done!
But I thought polls were awesome???  Ypu mean they might be skewed somehow?  They might not tell a true story?  How can this be?

Most of my friends are conservative and every single one would say yes, no question to all these.

So much that honestly, that even asking them would be an insult. 

It's pretty discouraging it's even asked here. 

I have friends and family that 100% believe the election was rigged and Trump was the legitimate winner. 

In fact I went to the Steelers-Browns game with my brother-in-laws from Ohio and while tailgating last night and one of them brought it up.  I quickly changed to subject to something we could all agree on:  Baker Mayfield sucks.

Most of my friends are conservative and every single one would say yes, no question to all these.

I think the better way to frame the question would be who are the conservatives here that believe these.

We have threads questioning the legitimacy of the election here.

We have elected officials still questioning it and supporting the man who continues to question the legitimacy of the last election.

The others...sure...though, there are threads here questioning the safety of the vaccines as well.  

I think it seems the questions were asked because they are not universally accepted truths.  Im more discouraged so many still believe the election was stolen.  Still question the safety of the vaccines so much....still downplay what happened on 1/6/2021.

We have elected officials still questioning it and supporting the man who continues to question the legitimacy of the last election.

The others...sure...though, there are threads here questioning the safety of the vaccines as well.  

I think it seems the questions were asked because they are not universally accepted truths.  Im more discouraged so many still believe the election was stolen.  Still question the safety of the vaccines so much....still downplay what happened on 1/6/2021.

I think this is what's discouraging.

Things have to be either "1/6 people were patriots" or "1/6 people deserve to die". It seems there's no room for any kind of discussion that things can be nuanced. 

So in other words you'd really have to stretch to find anyone here that believed all these things.  Nice work.  

I question the safety of vaccines.   I do not believe they are killing people in large numbers.  There's a large amount of world between the two positions.  You should try analyzing that in between all the attempted gotcha's.

LOGICAL FALLACY: Sweeping Generalization

An argument is constructed in which a simplistic general rule is assumed to be more widely true, therefore an exception is ignored. Its form: Some X are Y. Therefore all X are Y. Example: Some cats are orange. Therefore all cats are orange. This fallacy combines two mistakes: Ignoring evidence. Insisting on a simple rule (the sweeping generalization) when the situation calls for a more complex understanding.

https://firmitas.org/logic-generalization.php

LOGICAL FALLACY: Hasty Generalization

When The Evidence Doesn't Support the Conclusion. A hasty generalization is a fallacy in which a conclusion that is reached is not logically justified by sufficient or unbiased evidence. It's also called an insufficient sample, a converse accident, a faulty generalization, a biased generalization, jumping to a conclusion, secundum quid, and a neglect of qualifications.

https://www.thoughtco.com/hasty-generalization-fallacy-1690919

Direct Headline: Maher: Let's Not Confuse 5,000 People With 74 Million; You Can Hate Trump, But Not All His Supporters

"Let's not confuse 5,000 people with 74 million," Maher said to his audience. "Yes, even supporting the insurrection in spirit is, well, deplorable. But there's a difference between holding illiberal beliefs and acting violently on them...."

By Ian Schwartz January 16, 2021

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/01/16/maher_lets_not_confuse_5000_people_with_74_million_you_can_hate_trump_but_not_all_his_supporters.html

Time Magazine: "Shadow Campaign" Influenced 2020 Election Against Trump (2/9 1:54 PST)

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/792804-time-magazine-shadow-campaign-influenced-2020-election-against-trump-29-154-pst/

Your post is a smear all on all Conservatives and/or Republicans on this site. The best way to respond to logical fallacy bombing is to just point out the logical fallacies being used. As I always say - Your free speech is yours. I won't deny that to you. But the price tag slapped on it is mine. And it's going to cost you.

Sometimes I see other Conservatives rationalizing the amount of harm inflicted on J6 ( I wished personally no one did that, and point to note, my viewpoint on J6 and all the rioting/looting in 2020 is the most draconian on this entire forum, i.e. stripping citizenship and mass deportation) but I don't see anyone calling it an act of "patriotism"  I also don't see anyone here saying the vaccines are some kind of Mengele like universal death sentence. Many Conservatives here are Pro Vaccine and Pro Mask but Anti-Mandate, but that seems to get ignored when it's time to try to hose down every last Republican on site.

I will say there is a fair argument to be made that BOTH SIDES of the aisle tried to cook the 2020 election. I have no doubt in my mind that Trump did what he could to cheat, lie and steal to get reelected. But I also have no doubt that major elements of the Democrat Party and their supporters in Big Social Media, Big Tech, Hollywood, Big Education, Big Finance and the activist complicit MSM also cooked their end of things too. One can point out that many things were clearly wrong about the 2020 general cycle without saying Trump was completely right in all his claims. But that's another logically fallacy at work ( false dilemma) when there are those here who want to deny that.

Some of the woke cancel culture radical leftists want to push the belief that since you can't criticize everything, then you shouldn't be able to criticize anything about the 2020 election and it's integrity. It's just a cheap dirty way to attempt to silence people. I'm less offended that some zealots want silence and more offended at the lack of skill and effort to do it. If you want to silence people and smear all Republicans, then at least put in the effort to do it right and effectively.

If you want to smear all Conservatives by just fabricating the ugliest things you can repeat from some zealots on social media, I won't stop you. My views on the principles of free speech are far different than yours. But just like football, if you choose to do it, you will have to grind for every push forward. I will make you run through quicksand for every dirty inch of it. I will carpet bomb you with high value posting and simply raise the level of discussion until you've been crushed to a thin pile of pulp. I've done it before, people here have seen me do it all year long.

The actions of a few don't indict all. I don't hold your viewpoints, ugly as they are, against the traditional liberals here. I urge all my Conservative and Republican brothers here to embrace the traditional liberals on this site. The common enemy are low information zealots, no matter what side of the aisle they reside.

Posts like yours are begging for confrontation. Keep up your sweeping generalizations and I'll see that you get it.

Things have to be either "1/6 people were patriots" or "1/6 people deserve to die". It seems there's no room for any kind of discussion that things can be nuanced. 
I agree there should be discussion.  But has there been much of the bolded? Even on here?  I don't think there has been much calling them a patriot either...if any at all

But the other two questions...there most certainly has been rhetoric right here on this site...as well as in congress.

I think that is very discouraging that it has to be asked...not because they are crazy questions...but because its even a legitimate question at the moment.

"Nearly half of Democrats think the 2016 presidential election was “rigged,” according to a new poll released this week by YouGov. The poll found that a whopping 42 percent of Democrats believe the election was rigged. Only 58 percent of Democrats responded that Donald Trump was “legitimately” elected on Nov. 8."

YouGov

2024 should be fun. 

Your post is a smear all on all Conservatives and/or Republicans on this site. The best way to respond to logical fallacy bombing is to just point out the logical fallacies being used. As I always say - Your free speech is yours. I won't deny that to you. But the price tag slapped on it is mine. And it's going to cost you.

Sometimes I see other Conservatives rationalizing the amount of harm inflicted on J6 ( I wished personally no one did that, and point to note, my viewpoint on J6 and all the rioting/looting in 2020 is the most draconian on this entire forum, i.e. stripping citizenship and mass deportation) but I don't see anyone calling it an act of "patriotism"  I also don't see anyone here saying the vaccines are some kind of Mengele like universal death sentence. Many Conservatives here are Pro Vaccine and Pro Mask but Anti-Mandate, but that seems to get ignored when it's time to try to hose down every last Republican on site.

This.

OVER SENSATIONALIZED!

1 - The stay at home rush to do mail in voting favored the Dems.  Full stop.  States have the right to pass laws on and when mail absentee/mail in votes are allowed.  All mail in ballots should be verifiable.  Concerns about voter ID are really a thing.

2 -  The vaccine is not working as advertised.  Full stop.  There are concerns about long term affects of the vaccine, particularly among children.  Why aren't we getting credit for natural immunity for positive tests like most other countries?  We really think getting shot after shot, again especially in children, is the right answer.

3 - Most of the misguided protesters on 9/11 are patriots.  Full stop.  Most believed what they were doing was in the name of democracy.  The fact that they were 100% wrong taking a protest that far doesn't change that.

And none of these general positions translate to  conspiracy level crazy thinking that the OP tried to paint conservative as.  

While I don't believe the election was stolen there's little debate that the pandemic was used to change rules for a favorable outcome. That's politics I guess but it doesn't make it any less dirty. 

While I don't believe the election was stolen there's little debate that the pandemic was used to change rules for a favorable outcome. That's politics I guess but it doesn't make it any less dirty. 
Thanks for this.  I'm always looking for a nice way to say that without being thrown into the stolen election pizza gate.  

I have friends and family that 100% believe the election was rigged and Trump was the legitimate winner. 
Fifty-eight percent of respondents surveyed across the country believe Biden’s victory was legitimate, while 33% contend it was illegitimate – numbers that have held steady since the university’s last poll on the subject in April. Of Republicans polled, an overwhelming majority of them – 71% – still contest the 2020 election results. Only 21% believe Biden’s win was legitimate.

linky

This is far from some fringe view

Fifty-eight percent of respondents surveyed across the country believe Biden’s victory was legitimate, while 33% contend it was illegitimate – numbers that have held steady since the university’s last poll on the subject in April. Of Republicans polled, an overwhelming majority of them – 71% – still contest the 2020 election results. Only 21% believe Biden’s win was legitimate.

linky

The poll used "legitimate" vs. "illegitimate".

Not sure how I'd answer.  While I don't believe the election was stolen there's little debate that the pandemic was used to change rules for a favorable outcome. That's politics I guess but it doesn't make it any less dirty. 

??????????? I've never seen, heard, read this narrative before. Seems like hyperbole. pretty discouraging coming from you Joe.

??????????? I've never seen, heard, read this narrative before. Seems like hyperbole. pretty discouraging coming from you Joe.
Just another Joe here.

I want the insurrectionists to be prosecuted.

And to the full extent of the law, that should not include death penalty.

linky

This.  It's not a fringe view in GOP circles.  For would-be GOP politicians, it's literally the single most important plank in their platform.  See, for example, the recent primary debate for GOP candidate for Minnesota governor, in which not one of the candidates was willing to state without equivocation that Joe Biden won legitimately.

Edit: And yes, it is discouraging.  Not that someone would ask the question, but that it needs to be asked because a significant majority of Republicans actually believe at least one of the three conspiracy theories posed in the OP of this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread