What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Election Deniers Are Bad, Right? (1 Viewer)

Kari Lake just may get elected in AZ. That should worry everyone.
Why?
She's a news anchor with no real education and training in law and politics and she espouses grossly right-wing policy points and takes extreme positions on issues for dumb reasons (she opposed the wildly favorable "Red for Ed" in 2018 because she stupidly thought it legalized pot - when we had a whole separate proposition on that issue). She also appears to be a panderer as she had previously donated to the Democrats, supported Kerry, etc. but understood that to have a chance in AZ politics its wisest to go deep red.

Basically, she's a female Trump.

I get her popularity though as her social media and public positions on issues currently align with the AZ GOP chairwoman, Kelli Ward.
Well, yeah. But besides that…..

She said she would not have certified Biden's win in AZ if she was governor. Without evidence, she would have held up the certification. Now imagine the Dem candidate fairly wins AZ in 2024 and she refuses to certify it. That should worry everyone if one person with power refuses to accept the will of the people without evidence.
Yeah, but she's a Republican so why would conservatives care?

Basically, she's a female Trump.
Trump-Lake '24
Nah, he’s going with the original. Trump-MTG is the ticket
Republicans have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to quality female candidates for high ranking positions in the next administration
While there are assuredly plenty of smart qualified women within the GOP I don’t think we are aligned with who those are.

Hillary is already fanning the flames for an election in 2 years

Hillary denying an election 24 months in the future

I expect anyone on the left here to absolutely hammer Hillary for undermining our election integrity and threatening our "democracy"

treat her like they're treated Trump for the past 2 years

3,2,1 ............ and go
If we are going to pretend that what Hillary is saying and what trump said are the same thing then stealthy is right. Same way when we add Stacey abrams into the discussion. However, what we are talking about are two different things.

what the republicans are talking about: the right is making up a story about people who should not be able to vote voting. On top of that, they are accusing the “powers that be” of stuffing ballots or using otherwise deceitful methods to influence an election with additional vote that should not exist. They finally use the circular logic of “if joe Biden won, then someone cheated” Because they cannot wrap their head around Trump being the train wreck he was/is even after he basically screwed the right out of a senate majority. They talk about “election integrity” but they have not proven any type of widespread voter fraud when pressed, hence the term: THE BIG LIE

what democrats are saying: dems are saying that republicans are using the above ”story” to disenfranchise people who should be allowed to vote, by meaning it harder for them to do so. Whether that is photo ID, less early voting, removal of drop boxes, or (in Trumps case) trying to kill vote by mail. add to that partisan gerrymandering and photo ID laws that allow a gun license but not a student ID and viola’ you have this fairly true assessment of what the right is doing.

so we are talking about the same thing if an apple is actually and orange.

the bottom line is the voting process and the Peaceful transfer of power is what this country is basically built on. I have a hard time understanding why those on the right would see that one thing undone regardless of who is running. Republicans already have a built in +2 percentage points in races due to gerrymandering but that isn’t enough in senate and presidential races so they need to go even further into the bag of tricks. Finally (and sadly) they take the Trump brand of “saying the other side is doing what WE are actually doing” and running with it.

looking at the past three voting “questionable” elections: Florida for bush over gore, trump over Hillary and Biden over trump none of them were affected by what the right is claiming. Now look at the election in Ga. For governor last go round… well, Stacey abrams was right about that one, and when she took that loss hard she basically just started enrolling more eligible voters in Georgia to deliver the senate to joe Biden. She still needed Trumps help there in disillusioning his voters in Ga. To make that happen

Jon Stewart destroys Brnovich

Given the non-stop conflation and false equivalency going on page after page in this thread, just thought this would be a good watch to illustrate just how bad the election denial is going into the mid-terms.
Saw this this morning. Great vid. Though I will say I don’t love how the link is named. It’s immediately divisive and puts people on the defensive before even watching it.

Guys. Its different. Just trust us.
Its a shame some people just can't acknowledge just how bad the 2020 election was and still is. Submitting fake electors, fake "forensic audits", fake info to file lawsuits, sitting president bullying a state to "find" enough votes to win, and sitting by while his supporters rampage through the Capitol.

And many of the people who encouraged, and in some cases participated, are running for offices where they can refuse to certify a state election just because their side lost.

NOTHING like any of this has been attempted by Dems, ever.

Jon Stewart destroys Brnovich

Given the non-stop conflation and false equivalency going on page after page in this thread, just thought this would be a good watch to illustrate just how bad the election denial is going into the mid-terms.
Saw this this morning. Great vid. Though I will say I don’t love how the link is named. It’s immediately divisive and puts people on the defensive before even watching it.
agree. changed the wording.

But they haven’t been, for a reason made obvious by Matt Orfalea’s damning video — which YouTube incredibly has already demonetized — above. Amid sweeping efforts to punish election denial in the Trump context, both criminally and with censorship, an almost exactly similar denial campaign that inspired four-plus years of blue politics has been dropped down a memory hole.

Led by the losing candidate in 2016, Democratic Party politicians along with law enforcement and intelligence officials and media spent years denying the legitimacy of Trump’s presidency, based on an equally specious/dishonest formulation: “The election was hacked.” Moreover, they instigated removal efforts based on the same declare-guilt-now, prove-it-later mentality that gripped figures like Trump and Rudy Giuliani in 2020. How different really is “Just say it was corrupt and leave the rest to me” from “We just have to dig deeper, do the investigation and find it”?

@Joe Bryant , I would very much appreciate it if you could address a couple of things. You copied and pasted the above into your post, so you must have thought it relevant to the discussion. I would like your thoughts on the bolded - do you think the extent of election denial in 2016 is "almost exactly similar denial campaign" as the 2020 election? Given it was proven the Trump campaign provided voter data to the Russians and the ensuing investigation - led by Republicans - led to 37 convictions? What about 2020 was "almost exactly similar"?
Since what you copied and pasted tries to equate the 2016 and 2020 elections, what from 2016 rose to the level of submitting fake electors, the losing candidate bullying a Secretary of State to "find" enough votes to overturn the results, or Democratic candidates bragging they alone can decertify the results?

Aside from the video of quotes you posted, can you comment on the rest of your post? Thanks.

Guys. Its different. Just trust us.
Its a shame some people just can't acknowledge just how bad the 2020 election was and still is. Submitting fake electors, fake "forensic audits", fake info to file lawsuits, sitting president bullying a state to "find" enough votes to win, and sitting by while his supporters rampage through the Capitol.

And many of the people who encouraged, and in some cases participated, are running for offices where they can refuse to certify a state election just because their side lost.

NOTHING like any of this has been attempted by Dems, ever.
January 6th was awful.

I dont see the rest as much different. I mean filing a supreme court case, congresspeople objecting, false accusations of suppression,etc all done by dems.

I already previously acknowledged that january 6th was worse than anything we have seen before.

My post was really replying to this kind of nonsense...

what democrats are saying: dems are saying that republicans are using the above ”story” to disenfranchise people who should be allowed to vote, by meaning it harder for them to do so. Whether that is photo ID, less early voting, removal of drop boxes, or (in Trumps case) trying to kill vote by mail. add to that partisan gerrymandering and photo ID laws that allow a gun license but not a student ID and viola’ you have this fairly true assessment of what the right is doing.

Saying that elections are being stolen due to voter suppression is not any different than people saying that the elections were stolen by voter fraud.

The difference is that democrats mostly believe that the first one is true and that the second one isnt.

There is no proof of the 2016 election being lost due to voter suppression. There is just a belief.

Just like there is no proof of the 2020 election being stolen due to voter fraud.

Saying that elections are being stolen due to voter suppression is not any different than people saying that the elections were stolen by voter fraud.

The difference is that democrats mostly believe that the first one is true and that the second one isnt.

There is no proof of the 2016 election being lost due to voter suppression. There is just a belief.

Just like there is no proof of the 2020 election being stolen due to voter fraud.
Thanks for the response.
On one side we have people claiming suppression while pointing to issues they take exception with. I don't know if everything being claimed rises to suppression but there have been some tactics that even the courts have ruled are being done to purposely disenfranchise certain voters. There are legitimate concerns, but I'm sure there is some hyperbole, exaggerations, and false claims being made. But they are based on some level of facts. These are not claims of fraud however.

The other side has made ongoing claims of fraud completely without basis. Not one piece of evidence has been provided and yet the claims of fraud and stolen elections continue with some candidates going so far as to say they will decertify whatever outcomes they don't like. These baseless claims resulted in real harm to people and real harm to the trust in our election process - the actual vote counts and election tampering. That's different from claims based in reality of suppression.

The other side has made ongoing claims of fraud completely without basis. Not one piece of evidence has been provided
This is false. I mean there is video of people putting many ballots into boxes. There is proof of at least some other isolated incidents and some weak innuendo(based on logic that is readily accepted when people try to say sturgis fueled cross country covid wave). There were massive changes to how the elections were conducted, not without reasonable explanations, but also some that probably were not following letter of election law. I think what happened in madison was definitely not to letter of law, but not unreasonable considering. Now is that "proof" of a stolen election? Of course not.

There is evidence of an entire election almost getting rigged via a vote by mail scheme. Luckily it was caught and the elction winner, a gop candidate, withdrew after they wouldnt certify and started to piece together what happened. Criminal case ongoing.

Again, not enough to prove anything, but it isnt all out of thin air.

Oh and also a water pipe or something nefarious like that.

Given the non-stop conflation and false equivalency going on page after page in this thread,
I really don't get this. There's already a thread devoted to J6 so if you ONLY wanted to talk about that, it has its own thread. Why should all election deniers be identical? Of course Jimmy Carters election denial is going to differ from Obama's and Clintons. That's not false equivalency, it's just different flavors of election denial. Yes Kamala Harris wording is different than Pelosi's or Nadlers - but it doesn't make them any less election deniers. If you're using Trump as the standard, that just seems unfair to all the other election deniers.

This is false. I mean there is video of people putting many ballots into boxes. There is proof of at least some other isolated incidents and some weak innuendo(based on logic that is readily accepted when people try to say sturgis fueled cross country covid wave). There were massive changes to how the elections were conducted, not without reasonable explanations, but also some that probably were not following letter of election law. I think what happened in madison was definitely not to letter of law, but not unreasonable considering. Now is that "proof" of a stolen election? Of course not.

There is evidence of an entire election almost getting rigged via a vote by mail scheme. Luckily it was caught and the elction winner, a gop candidate, withdrew after they wouldnt certify and started to piece together what happened. Criminal case ongoing.

And yet none of that was proven in court or it has been debunked by Republicans themselves. Just because someone makes the claim doesn't make it true.

Team Trump even admitted in some cases they aren't claiming fraud when they got to court. Trump appointed judges laughed them out of court.

If there is evidence of fraud or wrongdoing, prove it in court. They can't because they have none. Rudy himself said they have plenty of theories, just no proof. Trump's people told him their was no fraud. GOP election officials in the contested states have said there was no fraud.

And yet none of that was proven in court or it has been debunked by Republicans themselves. Just because someone makes the claim doesn't make it true.

Team Trump even admitted in some cases they aren't claiming fraud when they got to court. Trump appointed judges laughed them out of court.

If there is evidence of fraud or wrongdoing, prove it in court. They can't because they have none. Rudy himself said they have plenty of theories, just no proof. Trump's people told him their was no fraud. GOP election officials in the contested states have said there was no fraud.
I dont feel like getting into a legal debate about evidence vs proof, so I will first ask you this...

If somebody said there was no evidence that kavanaugh attempted to rape Blasey Ford , would you counter with the claim that the accusation alone is evidence...

Because the lawyers in that thread argued repeatedly that even really awful eyewitness testimony is evidence. That even the fact that she knew people's names that Kavanaugh hung out with was evidence.

So when you say there was "no evidence" of any fraud do you mean it in the colloquial sense of yous got nothin
Or do you mean it more in the strict definition of evidence?

If it is the former, I yield that you are correct. If it is the latter, then you arent.

Thanks for the response.
On one side we have people claiming suppression while pointing to issues they take exception with. I don't know if everything being claimed rises to suppression but there have been some tactics that even the courts have ruled are being done to purposely disenfranchise certain voters. There are legitimate concerns, but I'm sure there is some hyperbole, exaggerations, and false claims being made. But they are based on some level of facts. These are not claims of fraud however.

The other side has made ongoing claims of fraud completely without basis. Not one piece of evidence has been provided and yet the claims of fraud and stolen elections continue with some candidates going so far as to say they will decertify whatever outcomes they don't like. These baseless claims resulted in real harm to people and real harm to the trust in our election process - the actual vote counts and election tampering. That's different from claims based in reality of suppression.
Right.

Furthermore you have the ex-Prez actively working to place people in positions where they have power to hold up election results (on a side note his penchant for finding these candidates with TV backgrounds or celebrity Is straight out of “Idiocracy”).

What comes out of these suppression of voter claims? The courts look at it and determine if there is any validity.

What comes out of placing these conspiracy theorists who are beholden to Trump In positrons of power? They hold up results as directed by the guy who has zero morals, ethics, etc. Only his ego matters.

I dont feel like getting into a legal debate about evidence vs proof, so I will first ask you this...

If somebody said there was no evidence that kavanaugh attempted to rape Blasey Ford , would you counter with the claim that the accusation alone is evidence...

Because the lawyers in that thread argued repeatedly that even really awful eyewitness testimony is evidence. That even the fact that she knew people's names that Kavanaugh hung out with was evidence.

So when you say there was "no evidence" of any fraud do you mean it in the colloquial sense of yous got nothin
Or do you mean it more in the strict definition of evidence?

If it is the former, I yield that you are correct. If it is the latter, then you arent.
I'm saying when Team Trump went to court 60+ times, they never once produced a single piece of evidence. Not once. They even said in court they have no evidence. They would stand on the courthouse steps and claim fraud, then go inside and tell the judge they're not actually claiming fraud because they can't produce the evidence.

I'm saying there are lawyers for Team Trump who have been disciplined by the bar and face losing their licenses to practice law because of their made up claims.

I'm saying when Team Trump made accusations of faulty and rigged voting machines, they did so without basis - to the point they're facing billion dollar lawsuits and have tried unsuccessfully to get them dismissed because they can't produce a single piece of evidence to support their claims.

The various changes to election laws were addressed by the states' supreme courts and found to be legal.

Your comment about Kavanaugh is about an eyewitness in court testifying. Trump couldn't even produce a bad eyewitness to take the stand in court on his behalf.

Thanks for the response.

Right.

Furthermore you have the ex-Prez actively working to place people in positions where they have power to hold up election results (on a side note his penchant for finding these candidates with TV backgrounds or celebrity Is straight out of “Idiocracy”).

What comes out of these suppression of voter claims? The courts look at it and determine if there is any validity.

What comes out of placing these conspiracy theorists who are beholden to Trump In positrons of power? They hold up results as directed by the guy who has zero morals, ethics, etc. Only his ego matters.
Agreed. And if there is evidence of people making claims of voter *suppression* committed any crimes, then they should face prosecution. If Trump's phone call to GA broke any laws, he should face prosecution. If attempting to submit fake electors breaks any laws, the people involved should face prosecution.

Honest question

Had Trump’s Administration done a better job at election security in 2020 and he was still President, does anyone think the left would not have rioted much worse than the 187 minute event at the Capitol?
A year before the election, he was making claims if he lost, it would be rigged. Why didn't he do anything about it during that year when he easily could have?

Honest question

Had Trump’s Administration done a better job at election security in 2020 and he was still President, does anyone think the left would not have rioted much worse than the 187 minute event at the Capitol?
A year before the election, he was making claims if he lost, it would be rigged. Why didn't he do anything about it during that year when he easily could have?
KD conveniently forgets about Trumps calling the 2016 election fraudulent and rigged prior to that election too. After he won, he hand-picked a committee with free reign to look into that “fraud” and rigging and catch all those illegals votes for Hillary. He also conveniently forgets the outcome of said committee. But hey I don’t blame him, if I were team MAGA I’d want to forget that too, it doesn’t fit on narrative street.

Honest question

KD conveniently forgets about Trumps calling the 2016 election fraudulent and rigged prior to that election too. After he won, he hand-picked a committee with free rein to look into that “fraud” and rigging and catch all those illegals votes for Hillary. He also conveniently forgets the outcome of said committee. But hey I don’t blame him, if I were team MAGA I’d want to forget that too, it doesn’t fit on narrative street.
This won’t be answered outside of shtick or deflection.
What was the question?

Honest question

KD conveniently forgets about Trumps calling the 2016 election fraudulent and rigged prior to that election too. After he won, he hand-picked a committee with free rein to look into that “fraud” and rigging and catch all those illegals votes for Hillary. He also conveniently forgets the outcome of said committee. But hey I don’t blame him, if I were team MAGA I’d want to forget that too, it doesn’t fit on narrative street.
Yep, wasn't answered last time I asked also.

Just amazing how they soak it all up without giving it any thought at all.

Honest question

What was the question?
There’s a few in there. Why didn’t Don fix this? Why was he talking about it before election? More of commentary that could be addressed as to what happened in 2016. I’d add what about the Birther stuff that was kind of Don‘s intro to this world.

Honest question

Trump got too distracted saving humanity from the virus released by China. Additionally, Republicans believe in states rights and did not act aggressively enough as Democrats used the pandemic to rewrite election procedures and rules. If the roles had been reversed a weaponized DOJ would swoop in and have thrown many Republican operatives in DC Gulag.

Honest question

Trump got too distracted saving humanity from the virus released by China. Additionally, Republicans believe in states rights and did not act aggressively enough as Democrats used the pandemic to rewrite election procedures and rules. If the roles had been reversed a weaponized DOJ would swoop in and have thrown many Republican operatives in DC Gulag.
Thanks for the reply. There’s your MAGA voter @parasaurolophus

Thanks for the response.

Hillary is starting with the republicans are going to steal the 2024 election. Never too early I guess.

Honest question

What about those pesky 2 yrs prior to COVID? Never mind I’ll tell you. The commission he created spent 6 months investigating then disbanded after finding nada, zip, zilch. But, yeah COVID is the reason.

Honest question

What about those pesky 2 yrs prior to COVID? Never mind I’ll tell you. The commission he created spent 6 months investigating then disbanded after finding nada, zip, zilch. But, yeah COVID is the reason.
They put zero effort in it. Trump won an electoral landslide. We all know the popular vote is baloney due to Leftist coast and NYC.

Honest question

They put zero effort in it. Trump won an electoral landslide. We all know the popular vote is baloney due to Leftist coast and NYC.
Wow, KD I hope you stretched before you reached like that. So now the story you’re selling is despite going through the effort of creating, staffing and funding a commission, all done after he was elected, they spend 6 months doing nothing? Lol. Kudos man, the shtick force is strong with you.

Honest question

Biden had a bigger electoral college total.

Honest question

Wow, KD I hope you stretched before you reached like that. So now the story you’re selling is despite going through the effort of creating, staffing and funding a commission, all done after he was elected, they spend 6 months doing nothing? Lol. Kudos man, the shtick force is strong with you.
The fact that Trump cared so much about democracy that he created a commission for an election he WON speaks volumes. You would NEVER see Biden and his ilk do that even with all the questions about 2020.

Honest question

The fact that Trump cared so much about democracy that he created a commission for an election he WON speaks volumes. You would NEVER see Biden and his ilk do that even with all the questions about 2020.
He only did it because he lost the popular vote to Hillary,

Like all these things they produce nothing.

Thanks for the response.

Hillary is starting with the republicans are going to steal the 2024 election. Never too early I guess.
How do you feel about election deniers winning seats at the state level that say if they were in charge in 2020 they wouldn’t have certified the election results?

Honest question

So now your ****ck is really backing you into a corner. In your words the commission “put zero effort in it.” The commission Trump put together because he “cared so much about democracy”. So if he cared so much and it’s so important why did they put zero effort in for 6 months. Seems pretty unacceptable for someone who cares so much for something so vitally important.

Users who are viewing this thread