What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White Nationalists march on University of Virginia (1 Viewer)

No, but they were the only ones that said:  "jews will not replace us" and "blood and soil"   I'm sure a few them are good people that only mouthed the words without actually saying them out loud.
ANTIFA / BLM makes white supremacist rallies look like pansies 

Which statement?
from the ACLU .... if Trump had said the same things he'd have been grilled. Well, he was going to be anyway, but still

We don't have much time to get this right.  I'd say right now the nazis have won over about 15%-20% of the population.  They are definitely well over 10%.  I think if they hit 25% they can spur a revolt regardless of what is going on.  I don't know if you've ever seen psychology experiments done on nazism but once their belief system get rolling it can convert a lot of people very quickly.  Its highly highly dangerous.
I am highly skeptical of your numbers.  That is all.

from the ACLU .... if Trump had said the same things he'd have been grilled. Well, he was going to be anyway, but still
Absolute bull ####.

If Trump...somehow, someway...said something like "The message of these groups is vile and disgusting but it is still their right, under the First Amendment, to deliver that message." people wouldn't jump on him because ANYBODY WITH AN 8TH GRADE EDUCATION UNDERSTANDS THAT'S HOW FREE SPEECH WORKS. 

white racists were not the only violent ones FYI 

the above was a good statement .......... imagine if Trump had said the same words? ya'll would have went BONKERS on him 
I would have called Trump an idiot for saying that, just like I think you are being an idiot saying that.

ANYBODY WITH AN 8TH GRADE EDUCATION UNDERSTANDS THAT'S HOW FREE SPEECH WORKS. 
ask the Berkeley campus that ... I don't think they do know, and in fact after Charlottesville several events were canceled, including one at Texas A&M

I don't even think racists groups should be given permits to rally to be honest - ALL racist groups, not just the whites ones

We don't have much time to get this right.  I'd say right now the nazis have won over about 15%-20% of the population.  They are definitely well over 10%.  I think if they hit 25% they can spur a revolt regardless of what is going on.  I don't know if you've ever seen psychology experiments done on nazism but once their belief system get rolling it can convert a lot of people very quickly.  Its highly highly dangerous.
See this is the reason why we need stricter guns laws.

Seriously. 

People who might actually think this way are mentally unfit to own a firearm IMO.

ask the Berkeley campus that ... I don't think they do know, and in fact after Charlottesville several events were canceled, including one at Texas A&M

I don't even think racists groups should be given permits to rally to be honest - ALL racist groups, not just the whites ones
That's not what you said at all.  

"from the ACLU .... if Trump had said the same things he'd have been grilled. Well, he was going to be anyway, but still"

See this is the reason why we need stricter guns laws.
typical Democrat logic - make law abiding people suffer for the criminal actions all the while, criminals buy their guns or steal them etc and these new strict gun laws do nothing

ask Chicago how its going

typical Democrat logic - make law abiding people suffer for the criminal actions all the while, criminals buy their guns or steal them etc and these new strict gun laws do nothing

ask Chicago how its going
Based on that logic, why have any laws? Criminals will only break them.

I mean, people are still being murdered in this country every day, right?

No reason for a law against murder then, they clearly don't work.

Swing and a miss big guy.

Dickies - truthfully what did Trump say wrong in this speech? Yes, he went off track on media and such, typical Trump .... but he said all the right things, condemning hate groups, speaking to American's as one group not splintered and separated ....  don't believe what CNN and the left tells you to believe

http://time.com/4912055/donald-trump-phoenix-arizona-transcript/
OK now, I mean -- so they were having a hard time with that one, because I said everything. I hit him with neo-Nazi. I hit them with everything. I got the white supremacists, the neo-Nazi. I got them all in there, let's say. KKK, we have KKK. I got them all. So they're having a hard time.
This highlights my problem with him.  He is just checking the boxes and managed to miss a few on his first attempt.  

white racists were not the only violent ones FYI 

the above was a good statement .......... imagine if Trump had said the same words? ya'll would have went BONKERS on him 
I've now asked at least six times for evidence of counter-protestors initiating violence in Charlottesville and have yet to get anything in response.  Until you can provide some, the bolded is just another lie.

Based on that logic, why have any laws? Criminals will only break them.
That's not a conclusion at all, never did I say some gun laws were needed.

The analogy you're looking for is anytime there is a threat or chance of death, more laws are needed.

They are not. We need one law really for violence ... don't murder. That's it. Don't matter the tool you use to do it ... and then to enforce that law to use as a deterrent, you need exceptionally harsh penalty if its broken.

Pass 10,000 gun laws .......... and only criminals and police will have guns and crime will sky rocket

That's not a conclusion at all, never did I say some gun laws were needed.

The analogy you're looking for is anytime there is a threat or chance of death, more laws are needed.

They are not. We need one law really for violence ... don't murder. That's it. Don't matter the tool you use to do it ... and then to enforce that law to use as a deterrent, you need exceptionally harsh penalty if its broken.

Pass 10,000 gun laws .......... and only criminals and police will have guns and crime will sky rocket
Guys...shhh...listen...it's almost like he's...like he's trying to communicate with us!

This highlights my problem with him.  He is just checking the boxes and managed to miss a few on his first attempt
if he hadn't, CNN would have said he hadn't named them

but nowhere in that speech did he do anything but say racism is unacceptable, violence is unacceptable ..... American's together, first. 

not racist like liberals would have you believe, not at all

Funny thing is, actual evidence proves the exact opposite.

Countries with stricter gun laws have less shootings. 

Fact.

In the future, when attempting to argue your point, it's advisable to use facts to back up your assertion as opposed to your own theories with nothing to back them up. HTH

but nowhere in that speech did he do anything but say racism is unacceptable, violence is unacceptable ..... American's together, first. 

Sorry, but if you don't even recognize the names Stephen Miller and Sebastian Gorka you don't get to act like you know the president and his White House better than we do.

I've now asked at least six times for evidence of counter-protestors initiating violence in Charlottesville and have yet to get anything in response.  Until you can provide some, the bolded is just another lie.
you can't google and search for yourself ?

violence follows antifa / BLM .... its what happens ..... they went to Charlottesville to crash another rally and destroy it. Now me? I don't care that they did, I got no use for white racists ......... but call it what it was. 

until you can prove it wan't maybe I can say you are lying?

He didn't need to name any of the groups as far as I'm concerned.  Just a strong statement against them.

How would you have reacted if Obama, after a terrorist attack said "I condemn terrorism on many sides" and when asked to clarify he says "Uhhh we've got Al-Qaeda.  Oh yea, ISIS, we've got ISIS.  I think that's all of them, oh wait.... the Taliban.  Okay I said their names are you happy?"

you can't google and search for yourself ?

violence follows antifa / BLM .... its what happens ..... they went to Charlottesville to crash another rally and destroy it. Now me? I don't care that they did, I got no use for white racists ......... but call it what it was. 

until you can prove it wan't maybe I can say you are lying?
Sorry, that's not how it works.  You can't make an unsupported statement and then claim it's on me to prove it's untrue.  Burden's on you to support your own assertion. That's how it works.  Always has, always will.

I'll say this - this guy has a legitimate, long-running internet presence that fits with everything he's said to describe himself (a 48-year-old hunter from Arkansas.) I believe he is who he says he is, if for no other reason than taking over an existing internet presence like that is supremely weird even for Eminence.
Fair enough. I honestly hadn't noticed him before he threw his beanie into the ring in the politics subforum. I will say, the bar for supremely weird has recently been raised quite a bit around here, though. 

Dude...watch the footage of the speech.  He is literally making light of checking all the hate groups off the list like it is a ####### joke or something.  "Oh hey..oh yea, the KKK..see, I mentioned them" 

How can you watch this and not see it?

Sorry, that's not how it works.  You can't make an unsupported statement and then claim it's on me to prove it's untrue.  Burden's on you to support your own assertion. That's how it works.  Always has, always will

to stop that rally, to disrupt that rally ... that was the reason they showed. Like I said, I'd just as soon Charlottesville not allow it, but ACLU stepped in and forced it and so they had to allow those few hundred there

but think it through - slowly ..... a few thousand who didn't have a rally permit descended on a few hundred that did ... and knowing the violence that follows ANTIFA and BLM you're going to try and sell that those few hundred were causing the violence?

Sure ... yeah ... that makes sense. prove BLM and ANTIFA didn't ... that's on you

Dude...watch the footage of the speech.  He is literally making light of checking all the hate groups off the list like it is a ####### joke or something.  "Oh hey..oh yea, the KKK..see, I mentioned them" 

How can you watch this and not see it?
he did it to gig at the media .......... look, I think it was tacky and unpresidential for him to delve off into media attack land ..... but he never ONCE supported hate groups (black or white) in any way

he did the opposite ... I didn't like the going after media and rehashing what he'd said to prove fake news, but aside from that, he said all the right things

to stop that rally, to disrupt that rally ... that was the reason they showed. Like I said, I'd just as soon Charlottesville not allow it, but ACLU stepped in and forced it and so they had to allow those few hundred there

but think it through - slowly ..... a few thousand who didn't have a rally permit descended on a few hundred that did ... and knowing the violence that follows ANTIFA and BLM you're going to try and sell that those few hundred were causing the violence?

Sure ... yeah ... that makes sense. prove BLM and ANTIFA didn't ... that's on you
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So because there were more non-racists than racists and said non-racists didn't have a permit it was their fault that violence erupted.  Got it.

This is actually false.  The counter-demonstration did have a permit, and the Unite the Right group did not have a permit (though they had an injunction from a court that allowed them to have the demonstration.)

Users who are viewing this thread