What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White Nationalists march on University of Virginia (4 Viewers)

Yet another shining example of why there's never been a conservative version of SNL or the Daily Show.
There actually was an example. Fox News made an attempt at a conservative version of SNL/Daily show with The 1/2 Hour News Hour in 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_1/2_Hour_News_Hour

It failed miserably in the ratings and was cancelled at the end of its 13 episode run. Not surprisingly, it just was not funny.

One would think that there would be plenty of good source material for conservatives to work with, but they couldn't even come up with a half hour show that could consistently deliver. Whether it was a good thing the show folded before the Obama presidency, is debatable, but at least we were spared what would obviously have been some cringe worthy jokes.

I'm really upset that I now have to have a long talk with my 70+ year old dad about how we don't want to be aligned with NAZI's.  WTF is wrong with this world?  How did we get here?  This is insane!

I'm really upset that I now have to have a long talk with my 70+ year old dad about how we don't want to be aligned with NAZI's.  WTF is wrong with this world?  How did we get here?  This is insane!
I'm sure his dad had a similar talk with him when he was a kid. 

History is weird sometimes. 

I'm sure his dad had a similar talk with him when he was a kid. 

History is weird sometimes. 
Yeah, this is not new. My Dad forwarded numerous emails during the Obama years that were factually wrong and borderline disgusting. Eventually, I became fed up with it and started calling him out and quoting the falsehoods of the claims. Luckily, I don't receive those emails any longer. Unluckily, he probably still forwards them, but doesn't include me. Not sure his mindset has changed. 

As much as I appreciate what the "Greatest Generation" has done for this country, the next few decades will eliminate lingering problems through attrition. 

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Yeah, this is not new. My Dad forwarded numerous emails during the Obama years that were factually wrong and borderline disgusting. Eventually, I became fed up with it and started calling him out and quoting the falsehoods of the claims. Luckily, I don't receive those emails any longer. Unluckily, he probably still forwards them, but doesn't include me. Not sure his mindset has changed. 

As much as I appreciate what the "Greatest Generation" has done for this country, the next few decades will eliminate lingering problems through attrition. 
He forwarded all of that #### too, but now he is asking about differences between confederate statues and statues ISIS tore down.  I mean, seriously?  This is the discussion you want to have?  

My family is not from the south.  We have zero "heritage" claims to any confederate ####.  WTF is he defending confederate statues?

He forwarded all of that #### too, but now he is asking about differences between confederate statues and statues ISIS tore down.  I mean, seriously?  This is the discussion you want to have?  

My family is not from the south.  We have zero "heritage" claims to any confederate ####.  WTF is he defending confederate statues?
We've gotten to the point that we don't discuss current events, politics, or even religion. I tend to steer the conversation to fishing, home improvements and if all else fails, the weather. 

Serious question.  What type of person defends a monument with this inscription?

https://goo.gl/E1MSdf
In the original thread about confederate monuments, I mentioned how there are good discussion points about Robert E. Lee, that I can even sort of see a discussion about Jefferson Davis, but when the people protesting in New Orleans defended the Battle of Liberty Place monument, it was crystal clear what they were defending. 

Serious question.  What type of person defends a monument with this inscription?

https://goo.gl/E1MSdf
Probably a totally not-at-all-racist person who just wants to preserve their regional heritage.  Some people honor southern culture by studying Faulkner, Twain, etc.  Others develop a passion for grits and other southern food.  And some take a principled not-at-all-racist stand in favor of the people who fought against their country to maintain chattel slavery.  Different strokes and all that.

It's being reported that he's an imperial wizard of the KKK.
We may have lowered the bar for being termed "Imperial".   As for wizards, some can be treacherous.  I favor the Klan's other titles, like Cyclops, Dragon, Mutant Mullethead.  I also prefer replacing Imperial with other honorary titles, like Grand Poobah, Plenty Impotantate, and Free on Bail.

Last edited by a moderator:
We may have lowered the bar for being termed "Imperial".   As for wizards, some can be treacherous.  I favor the Klan's other titles, like Cyclops, Dragon, Mutant Mullethead.  I also prefer replacing Imperial with other honorary titles, like Grand Poobah, Plenty Impotantate, and Free on Bail.
I prefer Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary for Waffle House.

im sorta thinkin attempted murder but ditka i know you were a prosecutor is there a reason they will not go there or what brohan take that to the bank

im sorta thinkin attempted murder but ditka i know you were a prosecutor is there a reason they will not go there or what brohan take that to the bank
Speculating without the facts is not my thing.  I would want to know whether a bullet was recovered and from where.  I also note that he was aiming down towards the feet or legs of the person with whom he had just been in confrontation.  Finally, there was a short window from confrontation to firing, apparently.  Did he shoot? Did he shoot a live round?  did he direct it towards an individual or the group as a whole? How close to persons did the round strike? These are questions I want answered before charging.  Maybe those questions are being currently answered.  I note the Cops are alleged to be gathering evidence even as we speak.

Now if he did fire a live round, in anger, and after short but sufficient contemplation time to have formed intent (a twinkling of an eye in some jurisdictions), and did so toward or very near folks; I might charge something higher. I am disturbed that he was initially retreating un-pursued, that he stopped, wheeled, came forward, and then apparently shot.

I suspect we may see some additional charges. Perhaps I should say that I expect to see additional charges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditkaless Wonders said:
Speculating without the facts is not my thing.  I would want to know whether a bullet was recovered and from where.  I also note that he was aiming down towards the feet or legs of the person with whom he had just been in confrontation.  Finally, there was a short window from confrontation to firing, apparently.  Did he shoot? Did he shoot a live round?  did he direct it towards an individual or the group as a whole? How close to persons did the round strike? These are questions I want answered before charging.  Maybe those questions are being currently answered.  I note the Cops are alleged to be gathering evidence even as we speak.

Now if he did fire a live round, in anger, and after short but sufficient contemplation time to have formed intent (a twinkling of an eye in some jurisdictions), and did so toward or very near folks; I might charge something higher. I am disturbed that he was initially retreating un-pursued, that he stopped, wheeled, came forward, and then apparently shot.

I suspect we may see some additional charges. Perhaps I should say that I expect to see additional charges.
Did you catch that he had to chamber a round? And that he said "Hey n###er" before firing?

Users who are viewing this thread