What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White Nationalists march on University of Virginia (1 Viewer)

There is a weird new thing that White Nationalists do.  They say that they are the only "true" non-racists.  That they believe that all races should be free from discrimination.  That of course blacks shouldn't be discriminated against.  That would be unfair!  That they only want fairness for white people because the playing field is tilted against them.  In favor of women, of black people, of gays, and in favor of other minorities.  This is unfair and shouldn't happen.  Whites and blacks should be treated exactly the same.

They also have some corresponding strong feelings about PC-culture.  They REALLY had PC culture, which they think infringes on free speech.  

Anyway, that's the new thing.  Personally, I think that's the intellectual space where the racists hide out now. Strangely, I think that they truly believe that they are not racists, and are truly offended at the accusation. 

I don't know the solution to dealing with these people.  I really don't. 
Have you seen the episode of United Shades of American with W. Kamau Bell where he goes in and visits with the KKK?   

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/04/19/united-shades-of-america-kamau-bell-ep-1-kkk-clip-2.cnn/video/playlists/w-kamau-bell-united-shades/

Whether you know it or not, the talking points you're using are several weeks old and been completely refuted.  The above is ONE example.  So when there is someone that is that far behind yet so confident in their position, there are few options.  The most popular one is a bad
they didn't have a permit for Emancipation park did they ?

I don't either

The constitutionalist in me says even racists have a right to be racist. The American in me says we got no place for that in this country.

The only thing I can some up with is cities having the right to ban those rallies based on safety of its citizens and welfare of the city. Don't allow them to do it.

And the media has got to stop glorifying it and giving those gate groups attention.

Other than that, the ACLU is firmly on their side, so what do you do except repeat over and over the hate and racism is unacceptable?

I don't either

The constitutionalist in me says even racists have a right to be racist. The American in me says we got no place for that in this country.

The only thing I can some up with is cities having the right to ban those rallies based on safety of its citizens and welfare of the city. Don't allow them to do it.

And the media has got to stop glorifying it and giving those gate groups attention.

Other than that, the ACLU is firmly on their side, so what do you do except repeat over and over the hate and racism is unacceptable?
A good place to start would be to not falsely equivocate the actions of those who oppose white supremacists to the actions of white supremacists.  Even if both sides were equally violent (they're not even close), the violence isn't really the primary reason that the rise of white supremacists is so troubling. It's the whole "supremacy of white people" bit.

I don't either

I'm talking about you, dummy.

Whether you know it or not, the talking points you're using are several weeks old and been completely refuted.  The above is ONE example.  So when there is someone that is that far behind yet so confident in their position, there are few options.  The most popular one is a bad
they didn't have a permit for Emancipation park did they ?
Go read up....don't be lazy enough for ME to be your educator.  That's a no win for you ;)  

ETA:  And I'm not even sure of your point if this were true....what is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a weird new thing that White Nationalists do.  They say that they are the only "true" non-racists.  That they believe that all races should be free from discrimination.  That of course blacks shouldn't be discriminated against.  That would be unfair!  That they only want fairness for white people because the playing field is tilted against them.  In favor of women, of black people, of gays, and in favor of other minorities.  This is unfair and shouldn't happen.  Whites and blacks should be treated exactly the same.

They also have some corresponding strong feelings about PC-culture.  They REALLY had PC culture, which they think infringes on free speech.  

Anyway, that's the new thing.  Personally, I think that's the intellectual space where the racists hide out now. Strangely, I think that they truly believe that they are not racists, and are truly offended at the accusation. 

I don't think that's new. I think, as a general rule, people of all races, everywhere, throughout history, have sincerely believed that they just wanted basic fairness for everybody, but that their own particular race was getting a raw deal.

A good place to start would be to not falsely equivocate the actions of those who oppose white supremacists to the actions of white supremacists.  Even if both sides were equally violent (they're not even close), the violence isn't really the primary reason that the rise of white supremacists is so troubling. It's the whole "supremacy of white people" bit.
List all the riots over the last 4 years.

Tell me who was involved mostly ... BLM, Antifa or obscur white supremacist groups. 

I agree, the white supremacy thing doesn't need to exist. How can we get rid of all the racist groups and hate groups? Tell me - because legally they have every right to hate. Constitution grants them every right you have to believe and feel and act how they do. 

Go to these racist sites, and exchange the words white with black, and black with brown, and black with white etc..... does the meaning of the sites change? No .... it doesn't. 

Racism is racism period

I think, as a general rule, people of all races, everywhere, throughout history, have sincerely believed that they just wanted basic fairness for everybody, but that their own particular race was getting a raw deal.
Nobody has ever wanted fair and equal for as long as time has existed. Globally there has never been peace. If it isn't religions fighting each other, its ethnic groups. If its not that, its because of a piece of land or water or foods etc. 

Mankind has ALWAYS been at war trying to dominate and overtake other peoples and change those conquered to how the conquerors do things. Most often, its because you're looking down on someone, they're lesser than you, right ?

Muslims look down on infidels. Kill us all. 

Christians during the Holy Wars, convert the heathens. 

Romans conquered, Mongols conquered, Mayan's conquered .... white man in the 1800's conquered. 

None of it pretty or proud to have happened IMO but it all did and today?  Another topic maybe, but I contend NOBODY wants fair and equal anymore, everyone wants special and unequal treatment. That's the ugly truth IMO

Love this .... an example of where the hate really comes from in America. Nice.
I don't hate you. 

I would say I pity you but folks like you that refuse to listen to reason, that buy into Trump's BS, that ignore facts and evidence, that are willfully ignorant, are why we are here today.

It has nothing to do with Dem vs GOP, Right vs Left, Conservative vs Liberal...it has to do with common sense and human decency.

Nobody has ever wanted fair and equal for as long as time has existed. Globally there has never been peace. If it isn't religions fighting each other, its ethnic groups. If its not that, its because of a piece of land or water or foods etc. 

Mankind has ALWAYS been at war trying to dominate and overtake other peoples and change those conquered to how the conquerors do things. Most often, its because you're looking down on someone, they're lesser than you, right ?

Muslims look down on infidels. Kill us all. 

Christians during the Holy Wars, convert the heathens. 

Romans conquered, Mongols conquered, Mayan's conquered .... white man in the 1800's conquered. 

None of it pretty or proud to have happened IMO but it all did and today?  Another topic maybe, but I contend NOBODY wants fair and equal anymore, everyone wants special and unequal treatment. That's the ugly truth IMO
Your grasp of history is fascinating. Where did you get your degree from?  I would love to know who your professors were.

The guy who shot into the crowd has only been charged with discharging a firearm within 1000 ft of a school.

Seems like there should be more serious charges on the table 

This won't pass judicial review pretty much anywhere.  You can't quash first amendment rights, and there is a body of judicial rulings that back this up.

I would say I pity you but folks like you that refuse to listen to reason, that buy into Trump's BS, that ignore facts and evidence, that are willfully ignorant, are why we are here today.

It has nothing to do with Dem vs GOP, Right vs Left, Conservative vs Liberal...it has to do with common sense and human decency
and yet you voted Hillary ? I assume you did, right ?

I like a lot of what Trump has done so far, absolutely. I wish he was more Presidential. I wish he wasn't tweeting at 3 am. He's done things that conservatives like.

For 8 years Obama did things liberals liked.

That doesn't make me ignorant of facts, evidence, it doesn't make me hateful, or mean, or intolerant or unaccepting, it doesn't make me a white supremacist or alt-right or a troll or anything you and the others like to label people who don't agree with you.

It means i disagree with you. 

I love to discuss things, different points of views. i learn things, every time I come on a message board. I have more common sense than most, and more decency than most as well. 

I don't know why you have to continually tear down and insult and name call etc people who just simply don't agree with you. I bet a lot of things we have in common but politically we're just different ends of the spectrum. Because of that can I call you names and belittle you etc?

No, I wouldn't do that over and over .... maybe that's an example of decency you speak of ?

This won't pass judicial review pretty much anywhere.  You can't quash first amendment rights, and there is a body of judicial rulings that back this up.
I know - but I don't know why it wouldn't with the facts that violence follows those kinds of rallies. Again, I know no way to stop white racists from gathering like that, do you ?

Your grasp of history is fascinating. Where did you get your degree from?  I would love to know who your professors were.
The University of Arkansas ... quit my junior year because I was flat broke and didn't want massive student loans. I entered a career/skill and never went back to finish. 

You'll probably call me a liar and want proof in the way of a transcript .... you know, in case I'm lying

I know - but I don't know why it wouldn't with the facts that violence follows those kinds of rallies. Again, I know no way to stop white racists from gathering like that, do you ?
There is none.  But as I noted earlier the counter protest was a significant strategic mistake.  It gave them all the publicity they could never, ever buy.  

Ignoring these boneheads is the most effective way to deal with this.

The University of Arkansas ... quit my junior year because I was flat broke and didn't want massive student loans. I entered a career/skill and never went back to finish. 

You'll probably call me a liar and want proof in the way of a transcript .... you know, in case I'm lying
No, actually, I will take your word for it that you didn't graduate.

There is none.  But as I noted earlier the counter protest was a significant strategic mistake.  It gave them all the publicity they could never, ever buy.  

Ignoring these boneheads is the most effective way to deal with this.
100% agree

I still think a city could fight having to put up with the rally on the grounds of likely violence.

OrtonToOlsen said:
1. Of course you do.

2. No, I think it comes naturally or from some sort of hillbilly-white trash background.  I get that.  I'm surrounded by it.

3. Because you're willfully ignorant.  Imagine you put on 75lbs of pure fat.  And let's say someone you know and trust said "I'm sorry, Cletus, but you're a fat ####." You would be offended. You might try to compare yourself to the 500lb dude a few trailers away that can't get out of his singlewide without the jaws of life.  You might point out the accuser's BO or their mullet..but that does not discount the fact that you're a fat *******.

That's a great post. It shows your character a bit more maybe unless you're just trolling?  :unsure:

Probably not trolling, probably just as I have concluded for some time now. The left is the ones full of hate and intolerance and they will not accept anything but everyone believing exactly like that do. 

squistion have you never had a typo ? ever missed a character on a keyboard?

not ever ? 

you must be a superhero .... Gramati-man or SpellChek-o-man or something I guess. 

I'm sorry you couldn't figure out y'll was ya'll in the way the sentence read. I thought everyone could do that? (read over typo's) .... guess not

Yeah, just ignore him.   He regularly steps over the "don't be a jackass" request from Joe, just not quite enough to get booted.
Thanks Sand

Every poster has a way of posting, learned that a long time ago. Still with constant barrage of personal jabs, makes it hard to stay on topic.

I never knew liberals made up so much of the FF world/community. Shocked honestly. 

That's a great post. It shows your character a bit more maybe unless you're just trolling?  :unsure:

Probably not trolling, probably just as I have concluded for some time now. The left is the ones full of hate and intolerance and they will not accept anything but everyone believing exactly like that do. 
Whatever HS reunion you have coming up please attend. Then seek out your former English and History teachers and apologize for failing them.

Users who are viewing this thread