What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Sterling Shepard, NYG (1 Viewer)

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Sterling Shepard (migraines) is unlikely to play Thursday evening against the Redskins.

Earlier Thursday, FOX's Jay Glazer reported there was a "slight possibility" Shepard suits up, but it has always appeared unlikely. It seems like we won't get final word until after pre-game warmups, but owners should plan on a Week 12 without their would-be WR2. Tavarres King, Roger Lewis and Travis Rudolph will serve as the Giants' "top three" receivers.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11326/sterling-shepard

Last edited by a moderator:
Eli getting benched is a huge concern for his value going forward
:wall:  I was so eagerly awaiting his return this week too. The only thing I remember from Geno is that he's a turnover machine and that he blows. Does he lock onto a WR? Volume will be his only saving grace.

:wall:  I was so eagerly awaiting his return this week too. The only thing I remember from Geno is that he's a turnover machine and that he blows. Does he lock onto a WR? Volume will be his only saving grace.
Geno sucks.  That's all you need to know. Check out what Hundley has done to Jordy's value.  It will be similar in concept.

Geno is 100% pure garbage. I sure hope they draft a good QB next season.

Shepard and Engram are now worthless.

The truth is no one knows what's going to happen. Some WRs can overcome poor QB play. Some tend to randomly have chemistry with replacement QBs. Look at Hopkins with Savage, Adams with Hundley, DT with Brock.

The problem is that it's week 13 and some people can't wait to find out or take the risk. 

Btwn the time he's missed with the migraines and the switch to Gen0, I cant get myself to start him despite what looks like a favorable conditions for (at min) high volume. :unsure:

Cowboys secondary so bad... Just to give you an idea of where I have him, I need two out of these 3 for PPR:

Shepard, Burkhead, Freeman

I'm honestly leaning towards benching Freeman - without Eli, I'd def roll with Devonta, but with Eli, against the Cowboys... Struggling with this one.

Cowboys secondary so bad... Just to give you an idea of where I have him, I need two out of these 3 for PPR:

Shepard, Burkhead, Freeman

I'm honestly leaning towards benching Freeman - without Eli, I'd def roll with Devonta, but with Eli, against the Cowboys... Struggling with this one.
Freeman is the obvious bench. When was the last time he put up double digits?

Sterling Shepard - WR -  Giants

NFL.com reports Sterling Shepard (hamstring, questionable) is not expected to play Week 14 against the Cowboys.

This is a surprise after he got in limited work on Thursday and Friday. If he does not suit up, it will be a big blow to Eli Manning's streaming candidacy. Evan Engram was a must-start to begin with, but this makes him even more appealing.

Please get this guy a feminine hygiene product he is killing me

Source: NFL.com 

Dec 10 - 8:41 AM

NFL.com reports Sterling Shepard (hamstring, questionable) is not expected to play Week 14 against the Cowboys.

This is a surprise after he got in limited work on Thursday and Friday. If he does not suit up, it will be a big blow to Eli Manning's streaming candidacy. Evan Engram was a must-start to begin with, but this makes him even more appealing.

Didn’t Engram have his worst games when Shepard was out a few weeks ago?

Man I was excited about this matchup all week. Ugh. 

by RotoWire Staff
(13 mins ago) Though Shepard (hamstring) is officially listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Cowboys, Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com reports that the wideout told him he was running at full speed this week and didn't experience any issues with his hamstring during Friday's practice.

Raanan thus expects Shepard, who has missed two games due to an ankle sprain and two games due to migraines this season, to suit up for Week 14. While Raanan's report offers encouragement about Shepard's status, it contradicts Ian Rapoport of NFL Network's report, which suggests the wideout is unlikely to play. Fortunately for Sterling's fantasy owners, the Giants and Cowboys will play in the early wave of games Sunday, so clarity on his status should become available 90 minutes prior to the 1 p.m. EST kickoff. Sterling would represent the Giants' clear No. 1 wide receiver if he's available Sunday, though tight end Evan Engram could serve as the top overall target in the Giants' passing game.

I already got anally raped by Kamara - now I'm in an ugly situation... I've got Shepard, Kelvin Benjamin, or Jack Doyle.

FML - if Shepard is active, I'm playing him.

I already got anally raped by Kamara - now I'm in an ugly situation... I've got Shepard, Kelvin Benjamin, or Jack Doyle.

FML - if Shepard is active, I'm playing him.
ESPN's Dan Graziano "gets the sense" that Sterling Shepard (questionable, hamstring) will be "good to go" for Week 14 against the Cowboys.

This conflicts with an NFL.com report that Shepard was likely to sit out. Ultimately, Shepard's status will be determined by how he looks during pregame warmups. Shepard will be a volume-based WR2 if he plays this week. Evan Engram is a must-start regardless, though his upside will be even higher if Shepard can't get the green light. Dec 10 - 10:08 AM

Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter

So you're saying there;s a chance.

Sounds like NFL.com got bum info and rushed it to press. If he's playing, he's playing for me. Way too explosive a player in a great matchup.

Dan Duggan‏Verified account @DDuggan21 9m9 minutes ago

Sterling Shepard, questionable with a hamstring injury, is running routes full-speed in warm-ups. Looks like he'll play.

Giants insider Jerry Foley on Sirius thinks Shepard will be used more as a decoy today.  Just an FYI for Shepard owners.  Who knows really. 

Users who are viewing this thread