What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marquez Callaway, NO (1 Viewer)

Looking at the game thread it sounds like he was getting a high-low double all game as well. Which may not be good news for him being the type of stud wr1 who is startable with zero other threats but may indicate he has the talent to be a fantasy contributor with Thomas back

Looking at the game thread it sounds like he was getting a high-low double all game as well. Which may not be good news for him being the type of stud wr1 who is startable with zero other threats but may indicate he has the talent to be a fantasy contributor with Thomas back
Yeah he's not a refined route-runner type that can beat that, nor is he experienced enough that it's happened to him so many times and he's used to it. Not looking forward to his Week 3 matchup either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantasy players making excuses for Callaway.  Weird game, coaches, etc.. Now Ifwe want to blame Winston and Callaway I’m onboard. 
I mean I imagine we’d expect Winston to have games like this from time to time by this point.

Serious question: did you watch the game (I didn’t get this one here)? Did you notice things Callaway did wrong? I’m legitimately super interested to hear em if so. If we’re all just arguing our subjective thresholds on how many games with minimal statistical production it takes to give up on a guy, that’s fine too but not that actionable to folks whose thresholds are different.

I mean I imagine we’d expect Winston to have games like this from time to time by this point.

Serious question: did you watch the game (I didn’t get this one here)? Did you notice things Callaway did wrong? I’m legitimately super interested to hear em if so. If we’re all just arguing our subjective thresholds on how many games with minimal statistical production it takes to give up on a guy, that’s fine too but not that actionable to folks whose thresholds are different.
Saw the game (Carolina home).  It was more the Panthers defense than anything else.  They were all over the Saints from the get-go and Winston got happy feet.  

Point already made earlier by another poster, where this team won’t be able to support fantasy WRs with Winston and IMO surely won’t with a middle tier WR like Callaway.  Middle tier is being kind.

Point already made earlier by another poster, where this team won’t be able to support fantasy WRs with Winston and IMO surely won’t with a middle tier WR like Callaway.  Middle tier is being kind.
That seems quite plausible but I’ll probably give em a game or two more with their coaching staff intact before cutting bait. If someone offers you an exit point via trade, sure.

I only have him on a fairly stacked dyno team, which may color the difference in our risk/reward calculations

That seems quite plausible but I’ll probably give em a game or two more with their coaching staff intact before cutting bait. If someone offers you an exit point via trade, sure.

I only have him on a fairly stacked dyno team, which may color the difference in our risk/reward calculations
Yeah, I’ve had to start him due to injuries.  I don’t have the luxury to wait on him with the hope he and Winston turn it around.

Quietly been serviceable since this last convo, and a big game today: 4/85/2 on a season high 8 targets. Anyone see the game/have any insight?

Anybody still on board?   He's a roster consideration in my 14-team 1/2 PPR.   Currently, the highest owned player on my waiver wire.   The points are sort of there, but certainly not what was hoped.   The fact that most of it has come on two hail marys doesn't inspire much confidence in any kind of a floor.

I think he could be a decent flex play against Seattle.   But from a longer term perspective, anyone still hopeful for 2021?  Drafted him round 10 and he absolutely killed my weeks 1-2 starting lineups.

I'm on board through the bye weeks....he may be getting some spot starts for me....some out of necessity....some just making a gut call....I fell for the things I saw in preseason....think he can be a high upside play and hoping the bye week sees him getting more involved moving forward....feels like Winston may appreciate his ability to make a play and may give him some shots...(disclaimer I gut called starting him two weeks ago and it paid off so probably still feeling that mojo)....

I'm holding him to see what happens when Thomas returns. I haven't watched close enough to tell whether he has drawn WR1 coverage in most games, but when Thomas returns he should have better match ups.

Starting him this week for the first time. Seattle is a trainwreck rn. Def heard about some double coverage early in the year; haven’t seen much of their games so no idea if it continued but I think he’s a reasonable bye week filler at worst, with some possible upside just based on his past few weeks trajectory 

Debating between him, Higgins and Herbert in .5ppr flex. I too like his upside vs dumpster fire Seattle d. But can't help but feel we aren't debating this if not for fluke first half hail Mary TD. 

Marquez Callaway caught 3-of-7 targets for 32 yards in the Saints' Week 7 win over the Seahawks.

Callaway's seven targets were easily second on the team behind Alvin Kamara's 11. Even with Tre'Quan Smith back from I.R. for this one, Callaway still operated as Jameis Winston's top wideout after Smith appeared to be out of sync early in this one. Callaway is a TD-or-bust WR4 in this low-volume pass offense ahead of a Week 8 date with the Bucs.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Marquez Callaway caught 3-of-6 targets for 25 yards and a touchdown in the Saints' Week 9 loss to the Falcons. 

Callaway's score was a five-yarder in the back right corner of the end zone midway through the fourth quarter. He slipped behind A.J. Terrell to get wide open. It was nice to see deep threat Callaway draw a legitimate red zone look, though the overall volume obviously remained nothing to call home about. Callaway is going to have to continue to live off big plays, and those will be a possibility in Week 10 vs. Tennessee. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Marquez Callaway caught 3-of-7 targets for 36 yards in New Orleans' Week 6 loss to Cincinnati.

And back to nowhere he returned. Callaway led the team's wideouts in targets with their top three targets sidelined, but didn't do much beyond some gritty slant catches. If Chris Olave is cleared ahead of next week, Callaway will be a showdown slate-only option as the Saints take on the Cardinals on Thursday night. If Olave remains out, Callaway might merit a low-end FLEX spot.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Users who are viewing this thread