What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marquez Callaway, NO (3 Viewers)

Get Callaway in all your redraft leagues as a flex floor play with WR2 and WR1 weeks within his range of outcomes 

I gotta laugh . . . at least I have him in every league I'm in that has drafted already. . . based on opportunity alone he was worth a pickup.  But my home league doesn't draft for 2 more weeks, and now those bozos will hear about him as well.

Sigh . . .

I gotta laugh . . . at least I have him in every league I'm in that has drafted already. . . based on opportunity alone he was worth a pickup.  But my home league doesn't draft for 2 more weeks, and now those bozos will hear about him as well.

Sigh . . .
Right here with you. 

Legit fantasy WR3 with even more upside, maybe 8th round of a 12-team league.

Michael Thomas is still not right ... there's room for Callaway to surpass Thomas this season.
Evan Silva was on the Fantasy Points podcast with Scott Barrett and Graham Barfield recently, and made a very cryptic comment about Michael Thomas. Silva said something to the effect of, “Hey Scott - you know the thing we were talking about before recording that I told you we couldn’t get into? Yeah … just … yeah.” This was immediately after Barrett implied that there was a point in the draft where Thomas was worth it. Silva said Thomas was on his do not draft list - at any price. 

Make of it what you will. The implication was that Silva had a direct source telling him Thomas wasn’t coming back to the Saints this season. 

Evan Silva was on the Fantasy Points podcast with Scott Barrett and Graham Barfield recently, and made a very cryptic comment about Michael Thomas. Silva said something to the effect of, “Hey Scott - you know the thing we were talking about before recording that I told you we couldn’t get into? Yeah … just … yeah.” This was immediately after Barrett implied that there was a point in the draft where Thomas was worth it. Silva said Thomas was on his do not draft list - at any price. 

Make of it what you will. The implication was that Silva had a direct source telling him Thomas wasn’t coming back to the Saints this season. 
Yeah, there's nothing anyone can prove, exactly ... but the juju around Michael Thomas hasn't felt right for a long time.

Hope people listen to Silva.

Dropped Van Jefferson for him in Dynasty and feeling pretty good about it. Hopefully it's not pre-season magic followed by regular season bust. But it seems like Winston really trusts him to come down with the deep ball, a la Mike Evans a few years ago. 

Dropped Van Jefferson for him in Dynasty and feeling pretty good about it. Hopefully it's not pre-season magic followed by regular season bust. But it seems like Winston really trusts him to come down with the deep ball, a la Mike Evans a few years ago. 
I am a big believer in Van Jefferson, but I would also feel pretty good about swapping him for Marquez Callaway.  Callaway looks like the real deal.

Guy put him out as trade bait in a dynasty league.  I inquired, and he said he wanted a 2nd rd rookie.  Not ready to pay that.  I own him on another league, and someone offered me T.Y. Hilton.  Was a quick reject as I was the one who traded him Hilton before the rookie draft.  I’m in a complete rebuild. 

I think I'd buy for a 2 if I could get him for that now. 

Eta- in standard, not SF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful about anything that happens in preseason, especially this one, which is still hampered by C-19, and is the guinea pig preseason for the 'new normal' 3-week preseason.

The analysts early this evening on Sirius/XM commented that the Saints are just being precautionary with Tre'Quan Smith, and he's ready to go for Week 1, and Calloway right now is playing Smith's role in the offense, and everything is going to change once live bullets start flying. They cautioned that people are buying into the hype, and that Calloway shooting up draft boards right now is a reactionary play, and the wiser thing to do is to take Smith in the last quarter of Drafts (Rounds 16-20) and mine the upside that's going to manifest itself when the games count. Just something to think about.

Shawnky said:
Guy put him out as trade bait in a dynasty league.  I inquired, and he said he wanted a 2nd rd rookie.  Not ready to pay that.  I own him on another league, and someone offered me T.Y. Hilton.  Was a quick reject as I was the one who traded him Hilton before the rookie draft.  I’m in a complete rebuild. 
I have him in dynasty, and the only way I’d consider taking a 2nd for him would be if that second belonged to one of the two worst teams in the league. 

Be careful about anything that happens in preseason, especially this one, which is still hampered by C-19, and is the guinea pig preseason for the 'new normal' 3-week preseason.

The analysts early this evening on Sirius/XM commented that the Saints are just being precautionary with Tre'Quan Smith, and he's ready to go for Week 1, and Calloway right now is playing Smith's role in the offense, and everything is going to change once live bullets start flying. They cautioned that people are buying into the hype, and that Calloway shooting up draft boards right now is a reactionary play, and the wiser thing to do is to take Smith in the last quarter of Drafts (Rounds 16-20) and mine the upside that's going to manifest itself when the games count. Just something to think about.
I'm not touching Tre'Quan.  I wish him the best, but 80 catches in 3 seasons does not excite me.  Last year was his opportunity to shine and ... nada.  It's plain as day to me that Calloway is going to shine in 2021.

I've been wrong about a lot of players, but I'm not doubting Calloway.

Hope people listen to Silva.
I take whatever Silva says with a grain of salt (as I do with most), but Thomas just went at the end of the 7th in the ME I am in and his adp is early 8th. Not saying he is on my no draft list but he might as well be. Likely have to carry him until wk8 (at best?), I'm not considering him until double digit rds and even then, meh.

Thanks for this insight. May I ask, who were these analysts and do they have any ties with the Saints org that would give them an edge in making this statement?

In an IDP league where I have Thomas in the last year of a grossly huge contract I inherited ($194); got Callaway in a straight up swap for BAL safety Deshone Elliot.  Didn't think much of it at the time since it was prior to all the fuss about the timing of his surgery.  Sometimes you get lucky, I guess

There is room for both Trequan and Marquez, but Marquez has shown more IMHO than has Trequan in a shorter amount of time.

I lean Calloway > Trequan but its a guessing game right now.

The camp and scrimmage buzz has been consistent with this guy.  I'm buying into the hype with modest reservations.  I also believe WR Deonte Harris recently had a DUI incident. 

Have both Trequan and Callaway on my dynasty team so hopefully one works out and they don't just kill each other's value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this insight. May I ask, who were these analysts and do they have any ties with the Saints org that would give them an edge in making this statement?

I believe the show that was on this afternoon was Pro Football Focus hosted by Jeff Ratcliffe. Various guests rotate through the show. I happened to be in the car driving around with the channel on sometime between 4-5pm eastern. He and his guests have some pretty solid industry bona fides. I'm not sure who he was speaking with at the time, but it's a regular guest who's highly regarded in the industry. They were comparing various pairings of players from the same Teams, and TSmith vs Callaway was part of the discussion. This was one of the pairings they completely agreed on, in regards to preferring Smith over Callaway. I'm just relating what I heard.

Tre'Quan is a never-was. He had so much potential but every time Thomas was out he would do nothing. If the Saints start him and don't use Callaway, especially while Thomas is out, then Payton isn't as smart as I thought he was. Then again, his use of Hill and pulling Brees off the field was already making me suspect him...

I believe the show that was on this afternoon was Pro Football Focus hosted by Jeff Ratcliffe. Various guests rotate through the show. I happened to be in the car driving around with the channel on sometime between 4-5pm eastern. He and his guests have some pretty solid industry bona fides. I'm not sure who he was speaking with at the time, but it's a regular guest who's highly regarded in the industry. They were comparing various pairings of players from the same Teams, and TSmith vs Callaway was part of the discussion. This was one of the pairings they completely agreed on, in regards to preferring Smith over Callaway. I'm just relating what I heard.
I don't get Sirius but I think Ratcliffe is good and listen to his pods regularly. I disagree with him here, I don't think TSmith comes back and pushes Callaway aside; could happen but doubt it. 

I don't get Sirius but I think Ratcliffe is good and listen to his pods regularly. I disagree with him here, I don't think TSmith comes back and pushes Callaway aside; could happen but doubt it. 
I can't name the 3rd WR on the Saints (not counting Thomas here) so I am not sure why anyone needs to choose between Smith and Callaway. Can't they both get a lot of targets? 

Juwan Johnson is listed as a TE in FFPC but a WR on Underdog. Not sure about elsewhere haven't looked close.

I can't name the 3rd WR on the Saints (not counting Thomas here) so I am not sure why anyone needs to choose between Smith and Callaway. Can't they both get a lot of targets? 

Juwan Johnson is listed as a TE in FFPC but a WR on Underdog. Not sure about elsewhere haven't looked close.
Fair point.  There is not a lot of depth.

Juwan Johnson will be used at TE.

Deonte Harris had an off-season DUI.  He will eventually likely serve a two-game suspension, but to my knowledge that has not yet been handed down.  

Lil'Jordan Humphrey has shown flashes this preseason.  He is a big target with some promise.

I have not heard much about Chris Hogan this preseason, but he is the one veteran in the mix behind Thomas and Smith.  

Users who are viewing this thread