What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Greg Jennings to Vikings, now Dolphins (4 Viewers)

It's kind of funny that he's taking so much flack. I think it's pretty obvious that he's right. An elite slot guy is very hard to double cover. Jennings will see more double coverage in Minny than Harvin did.
How much double-coverage will any WR see in Minny? Let's be honest, most defenses are looking first and foremost to stop AP. Will Jennings be doubled deep? Sure. But the dude is nearing 30....he hasn't been the Packers primary deep threat for a couple of seasons now.....his game today is more short & intermediate passes, finding soft spots in zone coverage, making plays out of the slot. People have very valid reasons for being skeptical about Jennings seeing the same stats with Ponder as with Rodgers. On one hand, he's now stuck working with a QB far less accomplished....and likely far less accurate...than Rodgers.On the flip side, Jennings should (in theory) see more targets in Minnesota than he's seen in Green Bay the past 4 seasons. Jennings' targets:2008: 1402009: 1192010: 1242011: 99 (in 13 games)2012: 62 (in 8 games)He hasn't exactly been force fed the ball in GB. Basically getting 7.5-8 targets per game the past 4 years, which equates to 120-128 per year on a 16-game basis.Here is a list of players who had > 128 targets in 2012.C Johnson: 204R Wayne: 195B Marshall: 192W Welker: 175AJ Green: 164A Johnson: 162L Fitzgerald: 156S Johnson: 148V Jax: 147V Cruz: 143R White: 143D Thomas: 141D Bryant: 138S Smith: 138J Blackmon: 132B Hartline: 131B Lloyd: 131M Colston: 130Here is a list of players who had > 128 targets in 2011.R White: 179W Welker: 173C Johnson: 158L Fitzgerald: 154B Lloyd: 150D Bowe: 142B Marshall: 141P Garcon: 134S Johnson: 134H Nicks: 133R Wayne: 132V Cruz: 131S Smith: 129I don't know what all this means, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Jennings get more touches in 2013 than he has the past 4 seasons.

It's kind of funny that he's taking so much flack. I think it's pretty obvious that he's right. An elite slot guy is very hard to double cover. Jennings will see more double coverage in Minny than Harvin did.
How much double-coverage will any WR see in Minny? Let's be honest, most defenses are looking first and foremost to stop AP. Will Jennings be doubled deep? Sure. But the dude is nearing 30....he hasn't been the Packers primary deep threat for a couple of seasons now.....his game today is more short & intermediate passes, finding soft spots in zone coverage, making plays out of the slot. People have very valid reasons for being skeptical about Jennings seeing the same stats with Ponder as with Rodgers. On one hand, he's now stuck working with a QB far less accomplished....and likely far less accurate...than Rodgers.On the flip side, Jennings should (in theory) see more targets in Minnesota than he's seen in Green Bay the past 4 seasons. Jennings' targets:2008: 1402009: 1192010: 1242011: 99 (in 13 games)2012: 62 (in 8 games)He hasn't exactly been force fed the ball in GB. Basically getting 7.5-8 targets per game the past 4 years, which equates to 120-128 per year on a 16-game basis.Here is a list of players who had > 128 targets in 2012.C Johnson: 204R Wayne: 195B Marshall: 192W Welker: 175AJ Green: 164A Johnson: 162L Fitzgerald: 156S Johnson: 148V Jax: 147V Cruz: 143R White: 143D Thomas: 141D Bryant: 138S Smith: 138J Blackmon: 132B Hartline: 131B Lloyd: 131M Colston: 130Here is a list of players who had > 128 targets in 2011.R White: 179W Welker: 173C Johnson: 158L Fitzgerald: 154B Lloyd: 150D Bowe: 142B Marshall: 141P Garcon: 134S Johnson: 134H Nicks: 133R Wayne: 132V Cruz: 131S Smith: 129I don't know what all this means, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Jennings get more touches in 2013 than he has the past 4 seasons.
Looking at this list, I'm glad I was able to snag him in the 7th in a recent dynasty start-up. I think I got tremendous value. Upside to WR2 easily, and should be WR3 without much trouble. He's only 29.

Last edited by a moderator:
he's a solid guy with a limited ceiling now... wr2 sounds about right. he does everything well but nothing great. he's clearly going to be the best option the vikings will have. he's not a guy you can force feed like they did percy but he can be a main cog in the offense. as a packer fan i hate to see him go, but at this point i think he was the 3rd WR in my eyes behind nelson and cobb. jones can replace him and he can still improve. besides the stats and ability, jennings is a stand up guy.

my hat is off to him, fare thee well 85.

Gotta "love" the ####ing contest between people arguing over Jennings' fantasy value in MIN...before we even know what the WR corps will look like come Training Camp. People are missing the most important part of this news: THE VIKINGS HAVE A LEGIT WR1. And instead of having an unhappy WR who didn't really want to be here, didn't seem to like Ponder, would get into shouting matches with his head coach, the team has:

1. WR Greg Jennings, a consummate pro who doesn't really seem to have a history of making waves (his sister, on the other hand? LOL).

2. A second #1 pick in the draft (#25 OA).

3. An extra late-rounder in the draft to take a flyer on some depth.

4. An extra #3 pick in the 2014 draft.

And maybe I'll be proven wrong (or maybe I need to take off the :homer: glasses), but Jennings +1 +7 +2014 #3 > Harvin. IMHO.
Jennings is not a legit #1 and those picks are only valuable if you know how to use them. There is a reason you are stuck with ponder at qb.....
I hate going into every thread just to disagree with TheScientist but this is ridiculous.

2011 Larry Fitz had lousy QB play and managed WR1 numbers. Is C Ponder better or worse then C Palmer/J Freeman/J Locker? In 2011 it was R Grossman(QB 23) in Washington with Jabar stinking Gaffney(WR 26) managing 947/5 and F Davis(TE 12) 793/3. In 2010 it was D McNabb(QB 21) with S Moss(WR 18)-1115/6 and C Cooley(TE 7)-849/3. Is G Jennings going to fall that far? I Don't think so.

I think too many are stuck on fantasy football.

The Vikings made a great move for a guy that will be wr1 on the team and teach their 1st round WR how yo be a professional. He may only have 60 catches for 900 yards and 7 Tds but this is still a good football move,

I think too many are stuck on fantasy football.The Vikings made a great move for a guy that will be wr1 on the team and teach their 1st round WR how yo be a professional. He may only have 60 catches for 900 yards and 7 Tds but this is still a good football move,
I agree, as another poster mentioned, I'll take the picks and Jennings(even with his big contract) over Percy Harvin if I'm a rebuilding/young team(Great move for SEA too, win-win trade). Just need to make those picks count now, last year was a solid draft for the Vikes so I believe they can do it.

Gotta "love" the ####ing contest between people arguing over Jennings' fantasy value in MIN...before we even know what the WR corps will look like come Training Camp. People are missing the most important part of this news: THE VIKINGS HAVE A LEGIT WR1. And instead of having an unhappy WR who didn't really want to be here, didn't seem to like Ponder, would get into shouting matches with his head coach, the team has:

1. WR Greg Jennings, a consummate pro who doesn't really seem to have a history of making waves (his sister, on the other hand? LOL).

And maybe I'll be proven wrong (or maybe I need to take off the :homer: glasses), but Jennings +1 +7 +2014 #3 > Harvin. IMHO.
Jennings is not a legit #1 and those picks are only valuable if you know how to use them. There is a reason you are stuck with ponder at qb.....
I hate going into every thread just to disagree with TheScientist but this is ridiculous.
In the last 3 years how many seasons has he played like a legit #1 wr? Thanks for trying.

2011 Larry Fitz had lousy QB play and managed WR1 numbers. Is C Ponder better or worse then C Palmer/J Freeman/J Locker? In 2011 it was R Grossman(QB 23) in Washington with Jabar stinking Gaffney(WR 26) managing 947/5 and F Davis(TE 12) 793/3. In 2010 it was D McNabb(QB 21) with S Moss(WR 18)-1115/6 and C Cooley(TE 7)-849/3. Is G Jennings going to fall that far? I Don't think so.
No way Jennings gets top tier WR (1-10) stats with Minnesota. None. Please allow me to state that I am a Packer fan, and state this was an excellent signing by the Vikes.1.Pounder is still 'average'2.Its still ADP's team.3.If you thought you needed a "dynamic" WR you wouldn't have traded Percy Harvin4.Jennings will go down as a middle/end of the road #2 at best this year.ETA: Check his stats when he had a league MYP throwing him. Just average, as well. Food for thought.

In the last 3 years how many seasons has he played like a legit #1 wr? Thanks for trying.
(in NFL terms) i agree he isn't a WR1 on many teams in the NFL, the vikings aren't one of them. he is a WR1 on that team. in fantasy, WR2.

(in NFL terms) i agree he isn't a WR1 on many teams in the NFL, the vikings aren't one of them. he is a WR1 on that team. in fantasy, WR2.
Agreed in its simplest terms.

You sir have a amazing track record for uninformed statements. It's pretty amazing how you combine ignorance with lack of wit or understanding of what you say and the world around you. You even seem to have some access to information, too bad you do not know how to use it.
1. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Cleveland in exchange of draft picks.

1. ..... (B) MATT KALIL (4), T, USC. Choice from Cleveland for 1A.

1. ..... © HARRISON SMITH (29), S, Notre Dame. Choice from Baltimore for 2 and 4A.

2. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Baltimore for 1C

3. ..... JOSH ROBINSON (66), CB, Central Florida

4. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Baltimore for 1C

4. ..... (B) JARIUS WRIGHT (118), WR, Arkansas. Choice from Cleveland for 1A.

4. ..... © RHETT ELLISON (128), TE, USC. Compensatory Selection.

4. ..... (D) GREG CHILDS, (134), WR, Arkansas. Compensatory Selection.

5. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Detroit for 7C and 4th in ‘13

5...... (B) ROBERT BLANTON (139), DB, Notre Dame. Choice from Cleveland for 1A.

6. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Washington for D. McNabb

6. ..... (B) BLAIR WALSH (175), K, Georgia. Choice from Cleveland in the Jayme Mitchell trade.

7. ..... (A) AUDIE COLE (210), LB, NC State

7. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Tennessee for 6th in ‘13. Choice from Cleveland for 1A.

7. ..... © TREVOR GUYTON (219), DL, California. Choice from Detroit for 5A.

7. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Detroit for 5A and 4th in ‘13. Choice from New England in the Randy Moss trade.
The trade down with the Browns got the Vikings ammunition that essentially gave them the ammo to move up into the 1st round again to take Harrison Smith who is an excellent player. Kalil is already being talked about as one of the best tackles in the league as a rookie.Josh Robinson and Jarius Wright will likely be starters in 2013 and both showed signs of play making ability as rookies.

Rhett Ellison was the best blocker from the FB/TE as a rookie and Felton is no slouch. Ellison is just that good.

Blair Walsh

Walsh passed Randy Moss for the Vikings' franchise record in points scored by a rookie (119). In his best week of his rookie season, in a game against the St. Louis Rams in week 15, Walsh equalled the NFL record for field goals made from 50 yards or more with his eighth kick (a new team record); his three 50-yarders in the game was also a team record.[5] His 5 kicks also tied an NFL record for most field goals of 37 yards or more in a single game, 5, which only Chris Boniol equaled for the Cowboys in 1996. The next week in a game against the Houston Texans on December 23, 2012, Walsh completed a 56-yard attempt, setting the NFL record for field goals over 50 yards in a season with his 9th 50+ yarder. The 56 yarder also tied the Vikings record of longest field goal set by Paul Edinger in 2005.[6] In the final game of the 2012 season, Walsh completed a 54-yard field goal to make himself 10/10 over 50 yards on the season. He was 3 points short of tying an NFL record for most points in a season by a rookie at 144, Walsh ended 2012 with 141 points for the Vikings; which is the team record. His final regular season field goal allowed the Vikings to beat the Green Bay Packers 37-34 and earn a playoff berth. The field goal also tied the NFL record for most field goals by a rookie kicker at 35 with Ali Haji-Sheikh from 1983.

As reward for his standout rookie season, Walsh was selected for the NFC team in the 2013 Pro Bowl.[7] Walsh was also selected to the All-Pro 1st Team.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blair_WalshI suppose the Vikings were just lucky to draft so many good players last season?

No way Jennings gets top tier WR (1-10) stats with Minnesota. None. Please allow me to state that I am a Packer fan, and state this was an excellent signing by the Vikes.1.Pounder is still 'average'

2.Its still ADP's team.

3.If you thought you needed a "dynamic" WR you wouldn't have traded Percy Harvin

4.Jennings will go down as a middle/end of the road #2 at best this year.

ETA: Check his stats when he had a league MYP throwing him. Just average, as well. Food for thought.
Wayne is very similar to Jennings and he put up 75/960/4 (WR25) when he was 33 (3 years older than Jennings will be) with Painter and Orlovsky at QB. That's food for thought.

Jennings new deal with Vikings worth $47.5 millionPosted by Darin Gantt on March 15, 2013, 8:29 PM EDTAPGreg Jennings might officially be the last free agent to cash in this year, but he might not have done better than he was previously offered.According to ESPN’s Josina Anderson, the new contract Jennings agreed to with the Vikings tonight is a five-year deal worth $47.5 million, with $18 million guaranteed. That also includes a minimum value of $27 million over the first three years.That’s a great deal for a wideout who will turn 30 in September, except for one thing.The Packers offered him more.As we noted Wednesday (it only seemed like two weeks ago), the Packers offered a deal worth “roughly $10 million a year,” according to Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin.com.That offer was made “a while ago,” according to Wilde, or more accurately, at a time when Jennings thought he could do better.But with a generally soft market for all free agents (except the ones that sign with the Dolphins or Titans), that wasn’t coming.So Jennings comes in with an average per year (such that it matters) of $9.5 million, which he might have been able to top if he hadn’t insisted on seeing what the market would bear.
Sometimes the grass isn't always greener.Greg did what he felt he had to do, and Packers fans don't begrudge him for that. In a moment of honesty though, I'm guessing he'd go back and sign that extension offer from Ted Thompson.
Roughly 10 million? For how many years. No one is saying exactly how this deal was structured. All I am hearing is another Packer leaving for MN saying that they made him feel wanted. Sound familiar? Good Luck Greg. You will be missed.

Jennings will produce number 2 ff numbers in 12 man leagues. But in nfl he will have to be game planed and command respect.

I have to agree draft picks and Jennings greater the Percy ... Now lets go out get nice big outside wr at 22.

As for contract to make last 10million on it Jennings needs to make multiple pro bowls

I think too many are stuck on fantasy football.The Vikings made a great move for a guy that will be wr1 on the team and teach their 1st round WR how yo be a professional. He may only have 60 catches for 900 yards and 7 Tds but this is still a good football move,
I'd agree with this. If Minn could somehow land Patterson in the draft it would be an ideal situation IMO.

While I think Jennings is a low end WR1 top end WR2....comparing him to Fitz though?

So injuries make a guy not a legit #1 WR?

I expect Jenning to have a good..not great season. A#2 type FF WR.

Welker only got 2-12? Looking like a great bargain.

:thumbup: When was the last time the Seattle drafted a good receiver? Steve Largent? They are better off giving their picks to Minnesota. Seattle can over pay for the receiver the Vikings draft in 4 years or so ie Nate Burleson, Sidney Rice, and Percy Harvin.

Let's see. Speilman got rid of Headache Harvin for good guy Jennings for cheaper than Harvin AND 3 draft picks. Speilman haters are gonna just sound stupid.

No way Jennings gets top tier WR (1-10) stats with Minnesota. None. Please allow me to state that I am a Packer fan, and state this was an excellent signing by the Vikes.1.Pounder is still 'average'

2.Its still ADP's team.

3.If you thought you needed a "dynamic" WR you wouldn't have traded Percy Harvin

4.Jennings will go down as a middle/end of the road #2 at best this year.

ETA: Check his stats when he had a league MYP throwing him. Just average, as well. Food for thought.
No mention of the fact that Rodgers is so good, he spreads the ball around to EVERYONE that can catch it. Good job. Now onto my next post.

Pluses

1. Increase in targets as Ponder doesn't have the skills of Rodgers to throw to 8 different guys a game.

2. Best RB in the league will prevent double teaming Jennings all day every week. Peterson is way to dangeroous to devote 2 guys to 1 WR.

3. Better route runner than Harvin. If Harvin can put up numbers like he did, so will Jennings.

4. Who the hell else is at WR.

5. Playing indoors 8 games on turf field.

Negatives

1. Will he hold up for 16 games with all the targets he will get and he will get them. He is on turf now 8 games.

2. Ponder is no Rodgers.

3. Team isn't as good as the Packers.

4. Most guys that move to another team put up lesser stats than they did with the previous team especially the 1st year.

5. Those big play deep strikes that Jennings somhow is able to create where the defender is no where to be found. Will that still exist and can Ponder get him the ball.

Some things are good and bad of course. A weaker QB tends to rely more on his #1 WR.

As a Jennings owner, I like the landing spot. Would have prefered Indy but glad it wasn't Miami.

Pluses1. Increase in targets as Ponder doesn't have the skills of Rodgers to throw to 8 different guys a game.2. Best RB in the league will prevent double teaming Jennings all day every week. Peterson is way to dangeroous to devote 2 guys to 1 WR.3. Better route runner than Harvin. If Harvin can put up numbers like he did, so will Jennings.4. Who the hell else is at WR.5. Playing indoors 8 games on turf field.Negatives1. Will he hold up for 16 games with all the targets he will get and he will get them. He is on turf now 8 games.2. Ponder is no Rodgers.3. Team isn't as good as the Packers.4. Most guys that move to another team put up lesser stats than they did with the previous team especially the 1st year.5. Those big play deep strikes that Jennings somhow is able to create where the defender is no where to be found. Will that still exist and can Ponder get him the ball.Some things are good and bad of course. A weaker QB tends to rely more on his #1 WR. As a Jennings owner, I like the landing spot. Would have prefered Indy but glad it wasn't Miami.
Pretty much agree with this. I think Jennings will put up top 15 WR numbers as long as he stays healthy. Should be lots of targets, and Ponder can be ok. I think the real question is how long can he last? He hasn't held up under a lesser role for the past 2 seasons with the Pack. I'll let somebody else roll those dice in redraft. Plenty of other quality options in the top 20 WRs.

Greg Jennings 85I want to thank the Packers for giving me an opportunity to play in this league. I have nothing but love for all coaches, teammates and fans. It was a great experience and I enjoyed every inch of the ride. You blessed my family with the support you gave us for 7 years and that is appreciated!!

No way Jennings gets top tier WR (1-10) stats with Minnesota. None. Please allow me to state that I am a Packer fan, and state this was an excellent signing by the Vikes.1.Pounder is still 'average'2.Its still ADP's team.3.If you thought you needed a "dynamic" WR you wouldn't have traded Percy Harvin4.Jennings will go down as a middle/end of the road #2 at best this year.ETA: Check his stats when he had a league MYP throwing him. Just average, as well. Food for thought.
It is amusing to me to see the Cheeseheads declare that Jennings is just average, when three years ago these same guys were calling him the best thing since sliced Swiss Cheese. Great move by the Vikings to get rid of a headache, add a legitimate WR1, and get some high picks to boot.

It is amusing to me to see the Cheeseheads declare that Jennings is just average, when three years ago these same guys were calling him the best thing since sliced Swiss Cheese. Great move by the Vikings to get rid of a headache, add a legitimate WR1, and get some high picks to boot.
3 years ago he was more in his prime and not missing that many games.And I think most Packer fans are saying its a good move. He os no longer a full on #1 guy but still productive.But glad you took one cheesehead post and painted everyone's opinion of Jennings to be the same.

Well by the end of year we should know if ponder is for real . With my projected pass targets of Jennings, Allen, Simpson, Wright and Kyle R.

I don't post often but I've never seen someone so bitter over getting a free win.Jennings got a ring in the past 3 years btw

I don't post often but I've never seen someone so bitter over getting a free win.Jennings got a ring in the past 3 years btw
Ok, there's that, but he's had devastating injuries like a knee and groin strains.

Ok, there's that, but he's had devastating injuries like a knee and groin strains.
In the last three seasons, Jennings has played in 37 regular season games. 44 total games if you count the post-season. Harvin has played in 39 regular season games. No post-season games.Jennings has 2,580 receiving yards in the regular season. 3,033 counting the post-season. Harvin has 2,512 total receiving yards (regular season, zero in the post-season). Jennings? 25 TDs. 28, counting the post-season. Harvin has 14 TDs receiving. 18 total TDs, if you count rushing touchdowns. Jennings has 179 receptions (214, counting the post-season). Harvin has 220 receptions. Jennings signed for five years, $45 MM ($18 MM guaranteed, plus a $500,000 bonus each year if he makes the Pro Bowl). Harvin signed for five years, $64.5 MM ($25.5 MM guaranteed).The point? Jennings might also be a product of a great QB in a great system! But to imply that Jennings has been "fragile" or oft-injured as a negative when being compared to Harvin seems laughable to me. Harvin will outperform Jennings going forward. It's almost impossible not to...unless Seattle lines Harvin up at OT. :P But seriously, Jennings + 1.25 + 7th + 2014 3rd > Harvin for the Vikings. Haters can hate all they want! But unless you're a :homer: or unless all you care about is stats, you gotta see that. And heck, if the Pack were moving forward with Nelson, Cobb, Jones, and Finley hoarding a ton of targets beginning in 2013, are folks really even sure that Jennings' quants will be negatively impacted? His numbers were going down with the Packers this season, even if he would have re-signed with the team.

:thumbup: When was the last time the Seattle drafted a good receiver? Steve Largent? They are better off giving their picks to Minnesota. Seattle can over pay for the receiver the Vikings draft in 4 years or so ie Nate Burleson, Sidney Rice, and Percy Harvin.
man i hope this is just weak humor and not actually a sincere attempt at analysis

Hate that he's gone. I don't think he's going to slide right into Harvin's production level because he's more of a finesse player than an "over the middle" guy. He's a great receiver though. I think he'd still be the best receiver in Green Bay if he was there. That's saying a lot considering they have Cobb, Jones, and Jordy.

I'm pencilling him in for 80-1100-6

I think people are forgetting how good Jennings was in 2011. Going into last season, he was a Top 5 fantasy WR. He was injured and didn't live up to his ADP, but he's obviously talented enough to be an elite WR, and Ponder has shown with Harvin that his WRs can put up elite fantasy stats with him at QB. I'm not saying he'll put up Tier 1 numbers, but his ceiling is MUCH higher than people are giving credit.

In the last three seasons, Jennings has played in 37 regular season games. 44 total games if you count the post-season. Harvin has played in 39 regular season games. No post-season games.Jennings has 2,580 receiving yards in the regular season. 3,033 counting the post-season. Harvin has 2,512 total receiving yards (regular season, zero in the post-season). Jennings? 25 TDs. 28, counting the post-season. Harvin has 14 TDs receiving. 18 total TDs, if you count rushing touchdowns. Jennings has 179 receptions (214, counting the post-season). Harvin has 220 receptions. Jennings signed for five years, $45 MM ($18 MM guaranteed, plus a $500,000 bonus each year if he makes the Pro Bowl). Harvin signed for five years, $64.5 MM ($25.5 MM guaranteed).The point? Jennings might also be a product of a great QB in a great system! But to imply that Jennings has been "fragile" or oft-injured as a negative when being compared to Harvin seems laughable to me. Harvin will outperform Jennings going forward. It's almost impossible not to...unless Seattle lines Harvin up at OT. :P But seriously, Jennings + 1.25 + 7th + 2014 3rd > Harvin for the Vikings. Haters can hate all they want! But unless you're a :homer: or unless all you care about is stats, you gotta see that. And heck, if the Pack were moving forward with Nelson, Cobb, Jones, and Finley hoarding a ton of targets beginning in 2013, are folks really even sure that Jennings' quants will be negatively impacted? His numbers were going down with the Packers this season, even if he would have re-signed with the team.
Also Jennings is a natural leader and a great locker room presence. Whereas Harvin is reportedly very immature and prone to blowing up in the weight room and on teammates.

Also Jennings is a natural leader and a great locker room presence. Whereas Harvin is reportedly very immature and prone to blowing up in the weight room and on teammates.
:goodposting: on both parts. Is Jennings the long term answer at WR? No, and from the blurbs I have read out there, this looks like a 3 year contract wrapped in 5 year wording. However, he is going to be a much better mentor and leader of the young WRs that are sure to be brought in than Harvin could ever be and also give Ponder a security blanket along with Rudolph:Charch said it best
Those who think Cassel will compete w/ Ponder don't realize that Spielman isn't just in bed with Ponder, he's spooning him under the sheets
and Spielman is going to do everything in his power to help Ponder succeed.

I doubt Rodgers would have been told to not target Jennings because they were "moving forward"...if open, he would still be thrown to often.

I don't know that Jennings isn't a long term answer at wideout. What is long term anymore? 3 years? He's only 30.

I doubt Rodgers would have been told to not target Jennings because they were "moving forward"...if open, he would still be thrown to often.
but he'd have been on the field less, with less routes for him as the primary receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread